What's new

BonsaiGrower's Garden

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Buddy...there ya are...was just about to call and see if you were still alive.

Thanks for the info man. Actually I've read they spend some time in the soil but yes are mostly on leaf. but alas the nemetodes would have been for the gnats and any other fungas related issues as clearly I've got some. I just gave them a spray ...we'll see how that goes. I totally agree that their life cycle is short but they are perpetual. I suppose I have been mowing the lawn so much that I just never paid that close attention. If I give any plant a super close look there will be 2-4 of them on one leaf only. Seems they travel in pairs...a male and a female...I've been in Thrip hell since I woke up reading everything I can find and referenceing my plants after each new thing read. Feel fairly knowledgable in thrips now and it's not what I wanted to learn today.

as for the filtered intake...ya for sure if my veg area was sealed...lol...I hear ya man....someday I'll have a better built room. For now I'll have to learn as I go and carry a big stick.

anyways...need to take care of head now...lol
LUI should take care of that.

VinMan!!! ...thanks man. Stop back soon for the harvest.

Heady get your trimmin fingers ready...I'm savin the 150 tent for when you get here...trimmin with Heady is a party

Peace
BG

kooki

:wave: :yummy: yummy buds , shame ya got some pests.. hope u get those under control soon BG. Isnt the anticipation of the smoke to come great? im at that stage too, orangey hairs appearing more n more, the cloudy triches yum, and waiting for the amount of amber to show i like :yummy: , tryin to resist the chop till u know they are right lol :D scissor fingers itching :biglaugh:
Looks like a nice harvest u gonna have there , and beauty buds too.
:wave:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Pests must die!!

:rant:

I use the Barrier Control insect repellent, all over the seams in my pods, along the floors and roofs, and hit the base of the pots/buckets. The plants recieve periodic Neem baths, plus some foliar fed mollasses - the droplets turn into a nutrient rich sticky trap for bugs. With neem in the sticky trap. I periodically water with neem and h202. No pest strips periodically hang in the rooms. My pods are death traps to bugs within a 15 foot radius. All out fuckin' war man.

Since I'm an old, semi-buried garage, I'm going down there every day and seeing the bodies of dead bugs trying to cross the Barrier spray perimeter.

It brings joy to my heart :sasmokin:

:rant:

Last edited:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
arrgh...more pests!
8378smiley-borg.gif

Only thing my cheap ass can add to the great advice these gentlemen have given you is that hanging strips of duct tape makes great sticky traps :yes:

Fight the good fight buddy :headbange

Lookin forward to the harvest :lurk:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Folks :wave:

Kooki :joint: ..carefull with the trigger finger...patience is a virtue I know. Your grow is lookin good too man.

NT...Thanks for the awsome info and inspiration buddy. That's on my list of things to do now. Maybe get Heady to help with that this weekend...ha. Sounds like our rooms are similar, in that my veg area and 150 tent are in the far back corner of my basement. Death to pests

TML .. thanks man, that's good info too if it helps...I'm thinkin of spraying my walls with non drying adhesive...lol if I could find some that was non toxit and/or organic I'd seriously consider it.

hmmmm they do make those 5"x7" sticky papers I could do some wallpapering with :chin:

Ok on with the update.

Pests are suprisingly under control all of a sudden. I went back in late last night to see if I could kill any in hand to hand combat. :dueling: very interesting that they could find the leaves that didn't have pest/neem control on them. so...a little nip of that leaf and in the garbage they went. This morning I didn't actually see any ...I know now that doesn't mean they aren't there somewhere. Later this week I'll give them another insectiside bath. I'm just glad I found them before they made it to the 150 tent. :yoinks:

alright...and my fresh news off the press.

Pontiac if you are still checkin in I'd like to know what ya think of this. I could put together a DIY thread if ya think it's worthy. I'm pretty excited to try it this harvest.

I started with this

Built one of these...thanks Sugabear!!!!

and a few of this and that...all stuff I had layin around the house. Didn't spend a single dime on this project.

and ended up with this.

This is the coolest hobby.

Peace everyone
BG :wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
NICE!!!!

NICE!!!!

nice lookin dry box there BG... :wave: by the way!!lol. Glad u got the pests under control, surprisingly, Ive never had any pests yet in any of my grows???dont know why, but im not gonna complain!!! :woohoo:

Anyhooo, glad things are lookin good, and have fun w/ Heady this weekend with the harvest. Cant wait to see the pics. Wish we had smelly vision so I can smell the budaliciousness...Peace man. Check out my thread today, I got a little test experiment runnin with one of my girls... Later.

:wave: :joint:
-Zeus

S

screwdriver

Cedar lined. :chin: Could help in odor control also.
Looks like a good setup. Waiting for the harvest pictures.

Yellow pest strips haven't caught one gnat in six months, but has gotten my elbow three times. I may be the biggest pest.

LIMELIGHT

screwdriver said:
Cedar lined. :chin: Could help in odor control also.
Looks like a good setup. Waiting for the harvest pictures.

Yellow pest strips haven't caught one gnat in six months, but has gotten my elbow three times. I may be the biggest pest.
lol.
they dont catch critters, they poison them,,,,6 months, you need a new one=)

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey...your pretty handy there :yes: great job with the trunk :smile: Now you're giving me some ideas :chin:

Glad you're winning the pest war!

kooki

Nice drying box. and its got some odor control on exhaust? looks cool and neat :yes:

I am resisting the urge to snip away :D in fact was busy today setting up the cool tube ( not so hard really with the help a few in chat had given me) and its shinin away on my near finish plants :yummy: ... gotta keep busy to resist that urge :biglaugh:
Top job on the dry box, im sure a few are gonna be making them now

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey BG sweet drybox, my son has a nice old chest for his toys, wonder if he'll miss the toys hahaha ... I would like a DIY on that odor control thing you built.

Take care man...

B/R

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey folks :wave:

Glad you like.

BR .. you mean your kids actually put the toys in the chest? ..wow..good kids

NT ...are you drowning in a sea of green? ...come up for air buddy...breath

Kooki ...right on man. Patience. It'll be worth every extra day....but listen to me. My 150 tent is comin down Friday Night no matter what. Good thing Triches are changing to amber daily now. Congrats on the cool tube...huge difference eh?

TML...thanks man. Pretty handy but this one is so simple I measured once.

Limelight...what a wealth of info you are my friend. Thanks Dog

screwdriver...hey man. Thanks for stoppin in and welcome to ICMag. Think maybe we've crossed paths already somewhere in the threads. Thanks for the kind words and your welcome around the garden anytime.

Zeus...hey fella :wave: you better knock on some wood or you'll be gettin some pest strips of your own soon. ha Your grow is comin along man.

Here's a few shots for questions asked.

Sugabears design needs to be fixed in the DIY L-o-R ..here it is though from a search.

Micro Carbon Scrubber
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=48949

I added the graham cracker box muffler and just added some insulation to the inside walls of the box. here's a look inside the exhaust....Please Keep it Clean Boys. There's some girls hangin in the kitchen.

and the back pressure test would hold one of these slips of paper on either side.

Hope that helps folks.
Thanks again for the input.
Peace

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
NEVER! :nono:

I'm thinking about trimming all the smaller stuff now and just letting the main colas run out to amber.

Yeah, I'm desperate :D Plus, it's right at that phase where I normally would take it, and I think it would be fun to have the comparison.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
ha...and here I am lookin at 4 buds that are finished and could be cut today but I'm waiting for the rest. Hmmm...sounds like a good time to test the box...I'll clip those and if they dry like popcorn overnight then I'll know the box dries too quickly....see always thinkin you are NT...thanks for the great idea.

kooki

NiteTiger said:
NEVER! :nono:

I'm thinking about trimming all the smaller stuff now and just letting the main colas run out to amber.

Yeah, I'm desperate :D Plus, it's right at that phase where I normally would take it, and I think it would be fun to have the comparison.

Hehe , i did actually already take a few small tester buds :yummy: and theyre nice enough, so lookin forward to the "finish" result. :wave:

I plan on doing a part harvest also BG. the penetration of the enviro means that lower budsites arent near the same as the top buds.. And yep, i can see the penetration of light better with the 400 , :yes: its cool :D and stayin mid to high 70's in there so not bad temps. Hope the box works like it shld. :wave:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Did someone say Test Buds?

Did someone say Test Buds?

Let's see how long it takes to snap a stem. Day 1, 7pm local

*Crosses fingers

sugabear_II

Veteran
cool drying box bonsai - I like it - you may wish to consider a second computer fan moving the air around in there. Also if you find humidity too high in there you can always place a dish of rice on the bottom and it will help to absorb moisture.

-suga
p.s. here's a burmese bud shot an offering to my hope that your burmese pull out from the infestation.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Thanks Suga :wave: :joint:

I'm somewhat concerned about mold but this little fan I have moves a ton of air. I don't know the exact CFM but it moves more air than the 4" inline fan I have on my 150 tent. It's from an industrial server rack, designed to cool 7'H x 24"L x 19"W of Electronics Equipment.

I'm not sure if you folks realize it but this is a big trunk. inside dimmensions are 19"H x 19"L x 34"W. Even with the carbon scrubber the air coming out the exhaust will lift a heavy sheet of paper horizontal if you hold it vertical in front of the hole. A box this size with enough back pressure to hold a sheet of paper on the intake while the other hole is still open tells me inside the air is still movin around alot....but it's the "Light on in the refrigerator" test. I would have to crawl inside to see how much air is actually movin. Over the next week and abit I'll test hummidity levels. Empty and with drying bud. I'll keep y'all posted. Good news is the 2 buds I put in there last night aren't dry this morning. I can tell it's working though as the outer leaves are a bit dryer.

Hope that updates things.
Peace everyone and thanks for the interest in this project.
BG :joint: