What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Stick Test Grow

G

Great thread Elevator Thanks for sharing....good to see the sativas in action...Keep up the good work!

goldking

GKthai79

GKthai79

you folks are some top notch thai growers, i,ve kept one stain of thai stick Ib since 1979,and my last lot lof seeds (1000+-) hasn't produced any males in years,so before i ran out of seeds,i reversed the sex of one female with colodial silver and pollenated another female so i would allways have a stash of Pure thai beans, but with the GKThai79s 'S1' i still have no males :-(

i recently crossed a GKthai79 mum with a Kashmir male, their not pure thai of course, but their sure looking good and a top of the line sativa crossed with a maximum landrace indica can't be to bad.. hehe

stay warm GK

ThaiPhoon

Hey! I love the Thai Cannabis! I hope to get some Males this round.

Goldking, you have Thai strains from my birthyear! Amazing! I really like the sounds of that Thai/Kashmir cross! Is the Kashmir from Dr.Greenthumbs kashmiri resin factory, by any chance?

Last edited:

goldking

thai cross

thai cross

Sorry folks for talking about thai cross's here in your thread..

thaiphoon, yep the kashmir i used was from Gthumbs, $150 well spent, if you want a #1 landrace indica you can't do much better, i can't say i got a lot of weight from them (i switched them to short cause i couldn't wait any longer) hehehe,but there still the best.

Kashmir like Thai is a private secret stash smoke,shared with special friends on rare occasions.. LOL

the first thai79/kashmirs are now in 12/12, their thai dom,which means a lot longer bud cycle and more height but their looking good, a thai pollen donor on a kashmir mum would be a sure winner.

GKThai79,( the pure seeds)are as true old school thai as can be found IMO cause for 28 yrs,its never been crossed or polluted from neighboring fields, and has only been out of my possession for 3yrs for so. i miss C-b a y :-(

thai today most likely is a lil different, maybe even better. hopefully a lil shorter and faster to finish :)

stay warm GK

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
The Indian sativas were personally brought back from India in '05. I believe the genetics come from Andhra Pradesh, making them very sativa. Different from the Thais. Close to the original genetics that were brought to Jamaica. Here's a pic from '04-'05...

My tallest female was an incredibly spindly 13-footer. I'm hoping to yield a few lbs. I'm still smoking pot I harvested in March last year, but I think I'm going to run out before my next harvest. I'm also popping some Sensi Jamaican Pearl that I intend to cross with the Indian sativa. I might also germ some pure Cambodian sativa.

You guys are lucky to have Thai genetics to work with! That Nepali - Thai cross sounds good.

Here's another early shot. I yielded over a QP from this female at 4-5 feet.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Glock23 - they do look far more like 'traditional' Jamaican - as I recognise it, anyway. As in, pre-Amsterdam Jamaican...:)

Very nice indeed...

goldking:
anyone have any spare True thai pollen???
I hope to, in about a month, but it's gonna be tight - I have to move out in seven weeks...:(

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
long over due

long over due

a few thai pics

1 ended up with 1 fem 1 male and 1 herm

im flowering the thai fem and the male to keep some pollen,have cuts of both
killed the herm
have been flowering for about 3-4 weeks harldly anything going on a few hairs

the male tho is in full flowering so its a quick male compared to the fem

this run is not the best as i have left them rootbound

is there any point of repoting the fem as it is flowering and has been for 3-4 weeks
either way ive got cuts so next round will be beter

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Fantastic! Nice to see them at last - looks like the wider-leafed pheno from here. What photoperiod are you giving them? Mine seemed to want 10/14 - they went straight into flower when I flipped them from 12/12.

Not sure about the repotting - it's not too late, but maybe just a small increase? Sativas are good fairly pot-bound from what I can gather, but I think that would be post stretch...i.e. last six weeks or so. Might be worth upping them a little? Maybe just an inch or two more on the diameter?

But they look great - those leaves are immense...:)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks elevator man

the fem has stopped streching so i dont think its worth repoting

but the male is looking very good
have collected pollen in a baggie

how late in flowering can i pollinate some of my fems
i want good quality seeds

im about 5 weeks in and all of my strains bar cheese go plus 10 weeks more 12

obvisously i dont want hundreds of seeds or i would let the male do its work naturaly
so i will be painting on pollen

i have these strains to choose from,what do you think would suit for the best cross

cheese
unknown strain skunky
sssdhaze 2 pheno's
nevills haze

i think the cheese and the unknown skunk but i will do all any way

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I pollenated my Malawi Golds at six weeks, and the seeds were done at eleven, though I left some on right up to 15 - they came out a lot darker. So I guess in a week or two will be fine - they really only need 28 days to develop, but may as well give them longer to be sure!

To be honest, I would be tempted to dump a bit of pollen on all of them! Just as the pollen is so rare - I think it would add some serious extra psychedelia to any strain...:)

G

Sounds like you are putting that rare dust to good work mate, well done, great to see folks working with such unique and interesting rare genes.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I just spoke with my friend who's looking after my two Thai girls, and he said they're fine, and budding nicely. Phew...:)

Sadly, the two male clones I have have barely moved since I repotted them - they're growing, but really slowly - I don't think they're going to produce me any pollen in the time I have left...:(

So if they're going to get pollenated, it will have to be with Flos and my Flo incross pollen - pretty good, to be honest, but I was hoping to make some pure Thai seeds myself...:(

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
If you keep your girl in the smaller pot, she will bud faster in my experience, but your yield will suffer and the bottom of the plant will be naturally bare by harvest. If you pot up, the female will explode upwards and flowering will be extended by several weeks, but your yields will be substantially higher. Your call. BTW, I too love the look of those huge fans! I still think there's a good chance you guys are growing Cambodian or Lao pot, since Thai weed is less commonly exported nowadays than the Cambo due to heavy law enforcement activity in Thailand...

I planted four Cambodian bag seeds the other day. Mate of mine had some really dry (but light green) brick weed (I'm in South-East Asia, and I'm quite sure the weed is Cambodian from what I know about the local market), and I took a handful of the best seeds from it home. 3/4 germ so far, and the 4th just cracked. It would be nice to get 4/4 from brick weed! :D I'm pretty sure the high germ rates are due to the temperature out here. The seedlings were in moist seed starter mix on a windowsill in 32 Celsius sunshine.

I also just got some Seedsman Haze. EM, I know you've done the haze before (with less than satisfactory results), but I'm hoping the jungles of South-East Asia will allow it to flourish. No height restrictions for me. If I can get my last few JP seeds to pop, I'd like to hit everything with Jamaican Pearl pollen. I'd make more JP seeds for the future, as I don't feel like dropping 50+ Euro on JP seeds again, and I think the following hybrids would be good for my environment (and head) too:

JP x Seedsman Original Haze
JP x Indian sativa
JP x Cambodian sativa

Looks like I'll be hauling water up mountain slopes again. I had to carry up to 15 liters at a time last year. Great exercise, but not easy on the back, and I'm a pretty big guy. I'll start a thread soon :) Sorry for showboating on your thread EM!

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
glaock23 - Not at all! As I don't have my plants anymore, I'll have to live on this thread vicariously anyway. I can't wait to see how the Haze settles in over there!

ojd - those leaves are colossal man - amazing. I hope to visit my two ladies next week to see how they're doing, and hit 'em up with a few pollens... :chin:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
litle update

there has been nothing to see
very slow flowering
its been about 4 weeks

i should of flowered from clone not seed but ill give it another month to see whether i chuck her and put a clone straight into flower

couple more pics coming

Last edited:
G

glock23 said:
Gonna take ages, mate, but you'll have some good smoke at the end :)

No doubt,

Capt Crip had to coach me through my first run of Pure Thai. Fuckin female kept on budding and budding and budding. Seem like she would never finish. She did, but took forever and the smoke was worth it.

Love the thread. Been following it since day one. Lots of good stuff here and everyone knows. I love the Thai's. Great job and keep up the great work.

One question: Do your feed lite? Mine didn't eat hardly anything. Very easy to burn and over feed.
Take care,
BG

Edit: Thought i would share some old pictures of my Thai clones. Very easy to root and they don't eat much.

Last edited: