What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

G

Looking Bushy there my friend! Cant wait till these start putting on Buds!
Might give the halo ago.
Good luck with the grow!

blacklb937

how many watts of halo are you running, and are you are you running your 600w at the same time as the halo's. or would or could you leave the halos on for an extra hour, to see thouse results...well looken great and cant wait to see some nice frosty ones. are you useing any odor control with thos skunks...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Ah no - HALO is a protein spray, not a light! I was sceptical to be honest, but if it carries on like this, I'm converted...:)

That NL X BB is normally quite straight-branching, with quite large internodal lengths - the HALO spray has made it appear to go into re-veg mode - never seen that many new shoots before. I can't work out how they're going to bud - whether they'll merge into one or not - should be interesting.

Strangely, Hydrogarden, who produce HALO, don't mention it in their site, but I did find a PDF product sheet for it on a hydro-store website:

http://www.aquaculture-hydroponics.co.uk/admin/web-inf/uploads/documents/Halo%20sheet%20(3).pdf

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks - I'm getting pretty excited myself now, and I'm normally quite calm about these things...:)

The grow space is a 2m X 1.5m X 2m box built within a stone cellar - the walls of the cellar are two feet thick, so the ambient temps are pretty stable, though chilly at this time of year. It's a stone floor, so I use foam camping rolls to line the base of the growroom, followed by a few layers of damp-proofing plastic - keep the plants nice and warm and stops them getting any chills when the lights are off.
The growroom is double-lined with plastic with a two-inch air-gap, which keep the room fairly stable too, though it can drop to below 60F in the dark period. Then there's Mylar on the inside of that. I grow at night to gain the benefits of both temperature extremes, especially in winter.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
DJDBLRTHGR - don't worry about it, please. This isn't the thread for debating the relative merits of organics versus non-organics, it's just a document of my grow, so it's not really anyone else's problem what I do to them.

I'm testing the HALO to see if it benefits my grow - and it's not artificial anyway, it's a natural mould-based protein, and is used commercially to boost natural SAR immune-responses in plants (Systemic Acquired Resistance). It's main advantage is that it reduces the need for pesticides and other toxic additives, as it allows the plant to fight infections and pest attacks itself. And given what I've seen so far, I'm really not complaining.

Please check this out: http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides/ingredients/factsheets/factsheet_006477.htm

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
EM gardens looking very nice indeed keep doing it green buddy

DJ isnt there some bridge you belong under ??? :asskick: ppl have the right to do as they wish and what he's doing seems peachy creamy in his garden.

Fast Pine

DJDBLRTHGR said:
YOU DONT SMOKE ARTIFICIAL HERB NOW DO YOU

SO WHY WOULD YOU PUT ARTIFICIAL IN YOUR HERB

DONT UNDERSTAND :badday: :pointlaug
Shut the fuck up!, and let tha man get on with the show..

DJDBLRTHGR

Above: the hater rears his ugly face

Above: the hater rears his ugly face

Its people like you that are the deterieration of society instead of listening and observing your too busy criticizing and offending you poor sap go read a book....obviously your in the wrong forum this isnt the hate on good advice forum ID SLAP YOU SILLY

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's a jungle in there...

It's a jungle in there...

Still going crazy - here's a few more pics of the growroom.

As can be seen, there's plenty of headroom, though I'd rather the plants don't get right up there! After a little thought, I've decided to abandon the 13/11 week - they're growing much too fast for that now - I never expected this rate of growth so soon, and they could be huge (as in unmanageable) if I don't do something about it. So - they're on 12/12 as of two nights ago, and I expect to see the first pistils grouping on the NL X BB any day now - they'd better!

I add the second lamp next Saturday, to take the room to 1200W for four weeks. After that, we'll see how they're doing. One of my other theories that needs testing is whether they actually need that much light in the last couple of weeks. It's also partly dictated by economics, as I am getting some seriously large electricity bills lately, what with everything else I run apart from this grow...nursery room, my living space, 2-3 computers and monitors, etc, etc...:)

But still, amazing growth...

All:

G13:

Green Flo:

Malawi:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Phew...

Phew...

I just passed my annual apartment inspection, as required by my tenancy agreement.

Everything is in order as usual (wipes trickle of sweat from brow)...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Screw it - I'm adding the second light tonight.

Given the growth rates, I think I should seize 'the bull by the horns' and take advantage of the nice flat canopy before it's too late. Humidity is building up, though at a healthy level so far - however, they really need separating out now to maintain air-flow and light to all the branches, and to let them settle into a bush shape I can manage easily.

I'm concerned about the electricity consumption, as times are tight, but it's another gamble I'm going to have to take. Once I've got everything re-adjusted I'll post new pics.

G

Congrats on passing the inspection, yes dam scary moments but hey you wont have oen for a while right.
The plants are looking great and your right thats a canopy to be proud of! I would go with the extra light assuming you can i bet the plants will thank you for it!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, my inspector is a really cute lady, who is actually on my side with various issues regarding the place I live - she was astounded to see the letting agency hadn't fixed the repairs she listed last year! But anyway, cellars creep her out, so she never wants to see down there. But it's a juggling job, and requires some cool nerves...:)

As for the lights - I've got to - I'd be crazy not to. This is the healthiest, growiest grow I've ever had in soil, and possibly the best ever - we'll see. But I think they'll benefit, no...? :chin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts