What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Update...

Update...

As folks might have seen in other threads today, my Thais will be leaving the roost after the weekend to carry on growing at a friend's place. Sad to see them go, but much better than killing them! Also it will free up some room to help me finish off everything else in time.

The faster BD X MLIs should be finished in around ten days, and so I'm flushing them as from tonight, along with the Skunk X Flo and the Cheese X Yumboldt - I would expect these done in around two weeks.

As for the rest - we have the slow BD X MLI looking to be about three more weeks, and Malawi Gold X Flos maybe four weeks, and the two Flo F2s three and four weeks respectively. So I'll feed all these for another week, and then start flushing - they have to finish, so I don't mind being rougher with them than normal. The new seeds will all be mature, which is the main thing!

Upstairs, again I'm struggling to know what to do - I have every strain as a small plant, maybe 8 inches and bushy. Plenty of clones or plenty of seeds, but not both. Also the window for flowering and seed-production is just a bit too tight for my liking. So my plan is to stick the indica-dom strains outdoors somewhere (guerilla), and give the rest to my friend again, with the proviso that I get to pollenate the two Flos with three different pollens at four weeks flower, as required by my rigorous breeding plan...:)

I also have a bunch of new seedlings at two inches, which will all go outside somewhere as soon as they're big enough - maybe not even sexed, but the males will be pulled. And they are:

Deep Chunk
Mystery Strain X Flo
Skunk#1 X Flo
G13 X Flo

Also I have to try and sort out somewhere I can house three computers and an entire office, and is big enough for me to live in and grow in. It's a tall order, I tell you...:(

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Project 'Goldfinger'...

Project 'Goldfinger'...

Here's a few more pics of the Malawi Gold X Flo phenos - by the way, this cross now has a project name of 'Goldfinger'...it's much easier than endless equations, and I think it will be an appropriate tag, given the way they're looking. Given there's potentially three different outcomes, they'll just be numbered #1, #2 and #3 for now - #3 is the second Malawi pheno that was pollenated randomly with both Flo males, and hasn't yet been grown out at all.

So these are both from the 'Goldfinger 2' batch, but there's clear differences emerging now as they mature. Pheno#1 (on the right) is acquiring a pronounced 'spear'-shaped top bud, with a distinct gap between it and the next bud cluster sequence. Despite the foxtaily structure, this is eerily reminiscent of the classic Flo profile. Pheno#2 has more of a conical cola structure, tapering from the top right to the bottom. Some of the colas on this specimen are over 26 inches long from top to bottom...:)

Both have noticeably bigger calyxes and more extreme resin coverage than the pure Malawi, and both have a wonderfully exotic and spicy smell - similar to the Malawi, but cranked up, and more 'dark' in character. Both seeded branches are developing at an extremely quick rate, and already one branch is beginning to bend under the weight! I estimate there must be 400 or so seed on each branch... :chin:

Pheno#1:

Pheno#2:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
All change again...

All change again...

The two Thais left tonight to a ...sob...better life in a new growroom. However, I can see them whenever I like, take photos etc., so hopefuly it won't be too painful.

So - on with the show. Moving those two out has freed up some valuable space, and enabled me to really spread the rest out. The two Goldfingers are now in the middle of the room, in the 'overlap zone', meaning they're getting light from both sides as well as above - this should really fill out the lower branches, and tighten up the already swelling calyxes on the top branches.

As for everything else, I'm extremely happy. All the indica-dom plants are swelling dramatically, and resin is building rapidly. I'll take some new pics tomorrow, but I need to delete a bunch from my gallery - full up again! I may just have to delete a fair few from this thread actually, as this is where the bulk of them are. I'll try and do it in the least interesting sections...:)

But hopefully, I should be harvesting the first plants in about a week.

Goldfinger 2, phenos #1 and #2:

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Elevator Man, awesome show man. Love the goldfingers, you have a very interesting line up. I'll be back later to check up for sure, good luck!

B/R

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm flushing the two fastest BD X MLIs now - also the Skunk X Flo (Funk?!) too. I don't think they'll be more than a few days. They're beginning to smell really amazing now - honey/syrup, citrus and some kind of menthol/eucalyptus in the background. Some variation in smell, as well as appearance, but very, very pleasant, and not what I expected, which was more of hot, peppery smell, like the bud it came from...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Almost there...

Almost there...

Just a quick update - tonight will be the last night of light for the two fastest BD X MLIs, prior to harvest Thursday daytime - at 61 days (I think). Oh, and also the Cheese X Yumboldt - that one is amazing. It's finished off completely in seven weeks, in soil, with absolutely solid, resinous buds. Obviously there will be harvest pics in my thread as I do them...:)

That will also free up some room to spread out the rest, which all look great, apart from my weird runty Flo incross. The Skunk X Flo should then be next, and that again is spectacular - one to watch out for, definitely...

That will leave the two Goldfingers (MG X Flo), the slowest (and biggest) Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica, and my two 2nd-generation Flo incross phenos - one runty, and one...incredible...:)

More later...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Won't be long now - just put them to bed - the two condemned plants for their long, long night of 24 hours before I photograph and chop them. They don't suspect a thing...:)

Have you got some Flos on the go at the moment? I need you to have a look at this new one I've made, as it looks a lot closer to some of the phenos you had last run. It's just turning purple - I didn't get chance to photograph it tonight, but tomorrow I will. It smells incredible - not as much berry and vanilla this time, just pure, sweet Nepalese spice - how it does that, I don't know. It's also starting to look like some F-13 and Blue Satellites I've seen, which might be an interesting diversion!

It's the best female offspring from this petite wonder I grew last year, crossed with the small indica-dom male. It has a similar bud structure, but it's much bigger and bouncier:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've also started a bunch of seeds a fortnight ago, and they're all repotted and growing vigorously - these will all go outdoors to grow this summer. Once I move out of my place, it'll probably take ages to get a new indoor grow going, so I'll shift to outdoors for a complete change of scenery!

Skunk X Flo
G13 X Flo
Mystery Strain X Flo
Deep Chunk

Also my last few vegging clones of the P3 and G1 Flos will go outside, along with the mystery Jamaican and the pure G13.

Mostly guerilla, but some will go to a couple of friend's gardens that I'll have access to for pics, etc. I'm hoping I can maintain the same levels of quality with the sunshine...:)

G

Wow! Nice job EM! :yoinks:

9533CRW_9427_sm.jpg

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i've finally got flower initiated so it'll be a few weeks before anything worth seeing starts but at least i'm finally back on track.. i've got 2 clones of the flo #1 selection i made which is very similar to what you describe that are going to accompany all the other stuff. she has hints of many familiar flavors hidden behind an undeniable strong black currant hashy smell. especially on the stems.. she dried and cured into a much more dry tart flavor with grapey elements. the high was not as crisp as the #3 i also kept but the potency is solid and the flavor is really unique and complex.. dare i say to die for.

nug shots:

and the funky reveg shot:

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
WOW...:)

It's very close, I must admit - that side-on shot is amost the same profile as mine. The buds on mine are a little more opened out than yours, like the close-up above - slight 'pine-cone' appearance. The other interesting thing is that the leaves are turning purple from the edges in this time.

And the blackurrant flavour the mother had is much diminished, but the 'hash' flavour is way stronger. How 'hash' can be a flavour I don't know, but I bet you know exactly what smell I mean...kind of dark, chocolate spice, earthy and dangerous...:)

G

Very tidy and neat Nice Show you have EM,
xlnt strains ur using
and very beautiful looking.

peace,
Master Thai ;-)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well thank-you - good to know I'm keeping folks entertained!

I jumped in at lights-on tonight, and pulled out the Cheese X Yumboldt and the fastest Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica pheno - they're spending their last 24 hours in cold, dark isolation. I'll be chopping them tomorrow afternoon, after photos, naturally, so expect to see some pics in my harvest thread tomorrow evening probably. They look really good, and very chunky indeed for their size - I'm very impressed with my first pure indicas, I have to admit...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Man, that's a sad story - I do thank my lucky stars (if that's what they are) that I have enough time to harvest everything properly. Apart from the Thais of course, but I'll get some of those when they're done.

I've never grown BD before, and as these were a home-made cross by someone else, I didn't know what to expect to be honest. These two are around what I'd expect in soil, but the last one is much slower, and much bigger - it's definitely got something else going on there. It smells the same as this last one I cut, but looks nothing like it, in branching or leaf-shape.

Hope you get all yours sorted - I don't know how long it'll be before I can grow indoors again. There's plenty going outdoors though, and assuming they survive, it'll all go in here...:)

Latest posts

Latest posts