What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've finally reached the point where I have so much on the go that I can barely face writing this! And rather busy too. so as much for my own sanity and reference as anything else, I'm just going to put a basic list down of everything, and see where we are...

Propagators (in and out) -

JLo (four phenos)
SAGE
Mikado
Cocoa Kush (two phenos)
OG Kush
Project X (Goldfinger X MoFlo)

Veg Cabinet - clones/seedlings at various stages of growth

Cheese
Cheese X Purple Afghan
JLo (two males)
Flo (#3, #4)
SAGE
Kentish Creme
Grape Krush
OG Kush
Goldfinger
Hashberry
Cocoa Kush (two phenos)
Vanilluna (two phenos)
Highland Oaxacan Gold (two phenos)
Leb 27 (two phenos)

There may be more, but I can't check right now...:)

Flower cabinet - at 46 days:

OG Kush
Goldfinger
Flo #3
Grape Krush

- at 20 days:

Mikado (3 phenos)

- at 4 days

JLo (two phenos)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
A quick peek...

A quick peek...

...at one very stuffed veg chamber. I think there's around 26 plants in here in various stages of veg, of about 18-20 different strains I think - too many to label!

Many of these will be planted outside or put into flower down below in the next two weeks, so it won't be as bad - and many of the smaller clones will be planted out in a month or so too, making room for the next breeding experiments.

In the flower chamber, it's even more packed:

The three Mikados are astounding me at only 21 days flower - they've tripled in height, even with severe bending/tying back, and are possibly the branchiest and most symmetrical indica hybrids I've ever grown - beautiful. One of them was worrying me for a while, due to its fluorescent green growing tips, but a nitrogen deficiency was impossible, and its growth has been so vigorous, I think it's just 'like that'. Any Mikado growers ever see this? These are f2s by the way.

Here's a close-up of it, with one of the 'normal' color Mikados behind it:

And now a few I've grown before, but will always need around from now on:

Grape Krush #2, Flo #3:

OG Kush, Goldfinger 1A:

I'm ashamed to say the Goldfinger got a little 'burnt' due to my pushing the nutes a little to see what they could take - all in the interests of science, you understand. However, the buds are much better than the last plant - this one was better trained as I knew what was coming, and the feeding levels have increased the overall size - so may have been worth a few brown leaves, though they still make me wince to see them...:)

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow...you been a very busy man...lookin very nice sir ElevatorMan...
I see your 10 and raise you 6 more...heheh...think Im about 16 deep..may be 20....keep rollin bro...Ive just gotten back around and now have to back to the start of this thread to see how the light method worked for you...heh...07 here I come..dont think Ive run one thing you had listed tho so thats a new show for me...keep rollin man..
FOE20

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
you have been one very busy man since i was in here last bro. great job on the 08 season so far. i will be watchin from the sidelines dude. and your grow is still looking awesome. lots of strains can be difficult to dial them all in perfectly as you know when mixing up nutes it can be hard to mix up diff feddings for diff strains. looks like you have it pretty well figured out. i just realized that i opened with the same comment as FOE20 so it must be true! later player
Sir

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks chaps - despite the cramped situation, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself with this grow - the OG Kush is better than last time, as is the Goldfinger - the Grape Krush could be bigger, but it just needs a longer veg next time. I'm happy with this loose plan of growing a plant I know really well, the best plant of the last grow again, and one or two new ones to keep the thing moving.

I'm really excited about the Mikados, and have to try some outdoors, just in case a pheno will finish. They're ridiculously vigourous - check this - I didn't have any room in my propagators, and had to take clones before they went into flower. So I racked up some tall glasses and put some clones of each pheno in water under fluoros until I could free up some space. This is them ten days later, still in the same water:

So I don't really even need to put them in the propagator! I've never had that before - at least not in ten days.

The next project is to cross the JLos, which will go in their own thread in the Test Grows section, and start off some Blueberry f3s, some Flo f3s, and the very last Purple Afghan seeds of British Hempire's stock, which he kindly gave me months ago, and will serve as a great memorial him. They need to go outdoors too...if they'll finish in Afghanistan,they'll finish here...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Budge up...

Budge up...

Really getting a squeeze in there now - the Grape Krush comes down in a few days, followed by the OG Kush next weekend - at that point I'll be adding Kentish Creme and a purple-finishing SAGE to the flower roster. Then the Goldfinger will be down a week after that at 11 weeks.

After that, the Mikado f2s can have some room to spread out and finish off - again, I'm amazed at the growth and vigour of this strain - or at least this batch. They look at the moment to be maybe 8-week finishers - and the last to indicate sex and start flowering has now overtaken her sisters and is growing rapidly at just over four weeks:

Here's the last pic of the Grape Krush, though I'll probably take one or two harvest pics. I'm trying to save the harvest pics thread now only for new strains, as the gallery's full again, and it's pointless repeating myself any more than necessary...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I just chopped the Grape Krush at 60 days - purple, and rock-hard. I replaced it with quite a large SAGE plant that's been vegging for about ten weeks, and is bursting to grow, so I finally gave in. This is a purple-finishing pheno I got from a friend with a delicious floral/fruity smell, though it takes ten weeks to finish apparently. No matter - plenty to go before that.

Next week I chop the OG Kush, replace it with the Kentish Creme, then the week after that is the Goldfinger, followed two weeks later by the Mikados (hopefully). Gonna be busy...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I chopped the OG Kush tonight at nine weeks exactly - purists may argue it needed ten, but I have no time, and no room - and it was done, actually, so I'm happy - most trichs are cloudy, a few clear and a few amber, which is the way I like it. It looks to be a very good yield indeed - better than last time, which was only 39g I think - might make 2 ounces this time, as the buds at the bottom of the plant were as large as the ones at the top.

No pics sadly this time, but it looked as chunky and gorgeous as last time. I'm going to restrict my harvest pics thread only to strains I've not grown before, as repetition is boring, and my account space is limited. I'm also seriously impressed with Canna's Boost Accelerator, as every plant I've grown since using it have had way better bottom growth, even in shade.

So to replace the chopped plants (which included a test JLo which hermied on me last yesterday), I've added the Kentish Creme, my green Flo pheno, and the SAGE was put in a few days ago - all pretty big plants at aound 10-12 inches, and very bushy indeed - should get decent yields.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's all go - I chopped the Goldfinger tonight at 73 days - done enough, and some really nice fat buds this time - severe bending really helped it put on some extra buds. So now it's all focus on the three Mikados, at 45 days currently - they're really swelling up and developing some resin finally. They definitely won't be super-fast though - they look to be 8-9 week plants. The bright green pheno is the raspberry one, and the other two seem variants on grapefruit/spice/sweet at present.

The bright green one really looks weird - possibly light-bleached, its leaves never recovered their green - it has been sat right under the light, and though not hot, is insanely bright at that distance. However, the buds on all three are fine, with pheno #2 looking to be the biggest so far. I'll get some pics either before harvest, or at harvest, as these are quite special I think.

As for the veg cabinet - too much to describe, with over thirty plants in there currently, and more seedlings/clones in my living-room. This is still the result of my outdoor grow, requiring many plants over the next month, and making sure I have enough to grow indoors over the summer! Check my outdoor grow thread for more updates on that...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The three Mikados are approaching eight weeks now, and are looking spectacular - one pheno in particular looks to be a high-yielder, with a gorgeous lemonade/grapefruit candy aroma. The bright green pheno looks to be a little slower and lighter, but has a raspberry/strawberry aroma that's equally delightful. They all look like they'll be nine weeks though, so definitely not the fast-flowering plants I was expecting - however, the yield looks like it'll make up for the wait. Pics this week as soon as the camera returns.

The SAGE, Kentish Creme and Flo are all at three or four weeks and looking really nice. It's also a buzz to have the Kentish Creme growing right next to its offspring, the JLo (albeit a few weeks behind), as it means a direct comparison can be made. As soon as the Mikados are down, I'll put in the keeper Cocoa Kush for another run, a Cheese X Purple Afghan, and maybe...just maybe...a Highland Oaxacan Gold.

I'm still trying to decide what to do with these - I might grow them outdoors, although they'll never flower, but would produce a huge amount of clones over the summer. I'm still waiting for them to sex, but shouldn't be long now - the ideal is one male and one female, but I'll settle for two females as the next-best option...:)

The veg cabinet is still bursting at the seams with seedlings, clones and vegging plants, but another outdoor planting should reduce the pressure a little - for now at least...

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
The purple afghan outdoor should be nice, but I'm not sure the UK's fall is as dry as Afghanistan's :D

You've got an impressive selection going, something for almost every type of smoker it seems.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, I don't think it's been run outdoors here yet. I'm hoping it could be dry here!

As for the strains I'm running, I'm trying to have a menu I can always rely on to cover most of my smoking needs - I always struggled to find good tasty indicas that actually worked for me, as I get bored with 'mellow' or 'sleepy', hence my experiments with the Mikados. I want an indica with real power, but still some focus so I can carry on doing things!

On a grimmer not, I just found a few male balls on my SAGE at three weeks - puzzling, as my friend's didn't show any (and British Hempire didn't either, I don't think), which suggests there may be some other problem, like light leaks. But apart from one other plant which was clearly hermie, no other plants have shown any problems, which presumably there would, if it were a light problem? Anyway, I've picked them all off, and we'll have to see if it was a one-off. If not, and it's going further, it'll have to come out, which would be a shame, as it's a really nice, big plant.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Only pulled two new balls off the SAGE at lights-on, so I'm hoping that's it. One thing that's bugging me is that new female clusters also look like males! Has anyone ever noticed this? They grow out like pointy staminate parts, and then open up to reveal some pistils and tiny bud-leaves? I don't have a camera right now, or I'd take some pics, but it's making it very difficult to locate real male balls in there.

I'm not used to hermie issues, and I don't like it one bit...:(

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Only pulled two new balls off the SAGE at lights-on, so I'm hoping that's it. One thing that's bugging me is that new female clusters also look like males! Has anyone ever noticed this? They grow out like pointy staminate parts, and then open up to reveal some pistils and tiny bud-leaves? I don't have a camera right now, or I'd take some pics, but it's making it very difficult to locate real male balls in there.

I'm not used to hermie issues, and I don't like it one bit...:(
yes and it does suck. quite a pain. i had a lavender do this and i threw obvious balls and some hidden ones. i would find the female clusters and stare em down for a while. i decided to wait a lil and see how they developed and i am glad i did. once i caught all the male parts they never returned, but i always felt weiry. dont like to worry bout somethin like that, so it is gone after this run. :fsu:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
SirSmokalot - good to see you again. I was wondering whether anyone read this thread anymore! ;)

I keep checking the SAGE, and it's still a girl at the present time. I'm really hoping it's just a temporary thing, as it would be a major pain to replace that at the moment - and a shame, as the buds I've tried were delicious. My friend's are dry this week, so I can get a little more - I phoned hom today about this, and he was surprised - said he'd never seen any on his.

Weird...:chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Mikado Update etc...

Mikado Update etc...

Here's a few shots from the flower cabinet showing the state of play. First up is a left and right shot (middle missing!) - the tall ones at the back are the Mikados, the fuzzy one front left is SAGE, the purple one in the middle is JLo, and there's a green Flo on the right. There is a Kentish Creme hidden way in the back too, but it's hardly visible behind the SAGE and JLo:

A few close-ups of two Mikado phenos at 62 days - almost done, and looking and smelling awesome. I'll probably chop these in the next few days - first pheno #1 and then pheno #2 - the two fruity ones:

And finally, the test JLo plant at 49 days - only a plant stump, so she only has four major buds, but I'm really pleased with the way she's turning out:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I just pulled pheno #1 of the Mikados out of the cabinet for the chop tomorrow at nine weeks exactly - looks to be a very good yielder indeed, and I may finally top two ounces from one plant. For a cabinet my size,with seven flowering plants, that's quite significant, and that was from seed too! Imagine what a clone will do...:chin:

I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them as soon as I can. I'll probably chop the other two phenos over the next four days - just waiting on a few last pistils to die...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's the next batch of outdoor plants ready for planting watching the rain - Mikado top left, green Flo top right, and two phenos of British Hempire's Purple Afghan (from seed) at bottom - I'm almost certain the one on the right is female, the one on the left is still pending, but I'm going to risk planting it out anyway: