What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Outdoor Planning...

Outdoor Planning...

Given that I'm planning to attack the outdoors with a bit more venom this season, I'm planning out my selection of plants now.

From seed, I'm trying to pick early-finishing strains, and so I've put in some Mikado and Leb 27 to soak - also eight of my mystery Jamaican (Kentish Creme) X Flo. I'm also going to start a few of British Hempire's purple Afghan seeds, and one or two other specials that I'll keep under wraps for now.

As for clones, I'm definitely going to give the Grape Krush another run, along with the green Flo pheno, and probably some Cocoa Kush and Vanilluna too, assuming they're as good as I expect them to be. I've got tons of home-made hybrids to try, but space is so tight it's going to be tricky vegging out enough plants to sexing stage, and I'd much rather go with mature clones than young seed plants.

But I have to assume that this summer will be 'normal', i.e. with sunshine, and aim to start working on my patch early April - digging out holes, possibly lined, and re-filling with some proper soil, like All-Mix or similar. By the end of the month I should be ready to get clones planted out - not too frosty where I'm planning to do it, so I think the earlier the better.

PuttPutt33

hey elevator that is some bomb ass bud you got there. Really looks top notch. I have just built a 600 watt cab myself. My ? for you is what is the stuff you have on the walls. It isnt mylar nor is it astrofoil. I like how it looks and want to get it in my cab. Here is a link to my cab if you want to see. Much thanks bud on the info.

http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/cannabis22318-0.html

G

I am counting the days till the weather improves and I can get out in the forest digging holes and preparing my spots. Love the look of the Chumbolt, I'll put a couple of clones of that one outdoors and the Jamaican too, the outdoor Jamaican sample I tried was fantastic, more resinous than my indoor OG Kush bud, which surprised me.

I can't emphasise what a good job you've done with that OG, yours looks like it will yield a fair bit more than mine did, I didn't prune mine enough so she got too tall and had to be bent and tied.

My El Yucateca carried on gaining height for the first 20-25 days of 12/12, I had to do a lot of bending and tying to control her. By 25 days she will be budding fully and will stop getting taller. This is what she looks like by 30 days of 12/12, from now on till harvest the buds just get bigger and bigger to form big, long, fat colas. I'm not sure exactly how many days she takes as my first run was curtailed by mould at about 90 days, but she could perhaps have gone 100. She's also a healthy eater, mine is being handwatered daily (in coco) at ec 2.0 ph 5.5 and has no signs of overfert, the leaves aren't clawing and the tips aren't burnt, first run with Canna nutes I never got higher than ec 1.9 and found 1.8 was better, this run is using organics and she loves them it seems. I've just popped 5 of the Trainwreck male x Mexican (sister of El Yucateca) beans I made into paper towels, I'm just doing a quick test grow of them 12/12 from seed in 0.7l pots of coco to restrict their height, I am hoping to find a nice male to backcross to El Yucateca, although I reckon I'll start far more than 5 seeds to find that really special male.

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
PuttPutt33 - I've no idea what it is, other than 'dimpled' or 'diamond' mylar, and they sell it at my local growshop. It's plastic-backed, and very flexible, and resistant to creasing. The diamonds supposedly banish hotspots, as they're slightly raised like a quilt, lensing the light around. Was about the same price - maybe a tiny bit more, but no more than 10%.

BH - as you're driving home right now, this is probably unfair of me, but now you're seen the OG for yourself, it's pretty tasty, no? I'm very impressed now I've had some feedback! I'm going to chop this in a few days - at around 65-67 days - I need the space now, and it's good enough to know it's a keeper for now.

The El Yuc is thriving though, and may add another ten-twelve inches on current height - as BH mentioned though, very good internodal length and solid branches mean no real problems at all. As soon as we're clear for new space, in come the Vanillunas...:chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Ahem - anyway - a bit of news. The Chumboldt is now at 54 days and pretty much done - I'm going to give it one more night and then chop - I urgently need the space more than I need it to put on two more grams! There'll be pictures aplenty.

And also - the OG Kush. Despite my slight scepticism about what I might get out of this very bent clone, it's actually turned out superbly - the yield looks to be very good indeed, and the plant is purpling rapidly, giving it a very regal appearance. Again, due to space issues, this will come down in a couple more days - it's on 64 now, and looks pretty much done, but I'm just letting some of the inner buds swell a little more and get a nice purple suntan before the chop.

I can guarantee the pictures of this one will be worth waiting for...:chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
My next hybrid...

My next hybrid...

I just popped seven of my eighteen Kentish Creme (Mystery Jamaican) X Flo seeds. They're some of my biggest seeds, and they all came up fine - very red-looking and large for seedlings. These are particularly exciting, as it's the first cross made with this female, and lord knows what might result, but the previous Flo experiments have been a revelation.

Structurally, these plants are very similar, though very different in taste, smell and high - both stimulating, but the KC is more dreamy and stoney, whilst the Flo is crisp and motivational. I'll update with pics as soon as it's worth it...

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Maybe I should stop lurking and finally chip in...

It's been a joy following this thread, like a long Tolkien novel. Unfortunately many of your pics do not open in my web surfer, compatibility problem between Mac and PC?

I should mention that my growshop pimp also sold me some HALO a while back, I'm on my fourth grow using it now. To be honest, I haven't seen any revolutionary results. The plants seem to perk up after a treatment, and leaves seem to stay green and lush a bit longer into flower from it. I've seen no noticeable improvement in yield or crop quality, but then again I haven't been methodical about it, for instance a side to side with/without HALO. It could be that it does deliver, and I simply haven't noticed. Though my experience tells me that once your garden is 'dialed in' (light, ventilation, temps, nutrients, etc) and the plants grow as fast as their genetics allow them to, there is little room for significant improvement from additives. The only additive I always stick to is fulvic acid. Would be less rewarding to grow without it.

Elevator Man said:
I still haven't grown Blueberry - still on my list, but I'll have all my own crosses to wade through next, which could take years...:)

The offer for the Blueberry muffin pheno still stands. I'm sure you would have no regrets, even with those tasty looking Vanillunas and Grape Krushes in your stable :smile:

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks - I may well take up the offer of the blueberry muffin, if it can be accomplished without too much trouble. As for the HALO, I never got chance to re-appraise it after that one test. It definitely increased by node quantity, as I'd grown the same method several times before, and that was the only change. But its so expensive, and I'n now in such an intensely bright cabinet, I doubt it would make much difference to me.

As for the thread and it's epic proportions, thanks - I'm never sure how many read it, as I don't get that many responses overall compared to some. And sorry so many photos keep disappearing, but I'm trying to delete the less interesting ones first, as my account is always full of new pics!

Which reminds me - I just chopped the Chumboldt today:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53382&page=10&pp=15

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, the time's come for the OG Kush to be chopped. As soon as I get up tomorrow, at 66 days. Harvest pics will be up as soon as I can do it...

That will free up enough space to get the Vanillunas in after the weekend...

G

British_Hempire said:
I've got Trainwreck and Sour Diesel males here that I'm collecting pollen from at the moment.

Is that a fact? I was pretty sure Trainwreck was a clone only variety. As in female. So you did some S1 work, or are you working from a hybrid? In which case its not really trainwreck is it?

And if you S1 a Nice female variety, that does not mean they seeds will be as nice as the female you S1. As most people know. So exactly how did you get a Trainwreck male? If you have some crazy story, spare me the details.

If its an S1, I dont really care to here your explanation.

If its a hybrid, please use correct terminology from now on.

:spank:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hey MagicCarpetRide - you write with some authority for someone who's jumping into my thread making accusations to a third party:

If you have some crazy story, spare me the details.

If its an S1, I dont really care to here your explanation.

If its a hybrid, please use correct terminology from now on.
And who, exactly are you, to think you can tell people (in my thread) what is, and what isn't the case with Trainwreck males? If you've got issues with what someone posts, then PM them for more info, rather than just flouncing around wrecking other people's threads. You're already doing this elsewhere, as you know. As we all know.

And don't you try patronising me...

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The Vanillunas are busting to grow now, and as the cabinet is half-full, I'm going to repot those tomorrow and get them into flower, giving me an almost exclusively DJ Short-based grow again, bar the El Yucateca.

The new J-Lo seedlings are growing very quickly indeed, as are the Mikados, probably due to the weirdly high temps we're getting at the moment in the UK (and a shitload of rain - weeks now!). I'll clear my gallery of some of the old stuff, and get some pics up asap.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I finally managed to get a re-arrange on the cabinet, with some big changes, now the OG Kush and Chumboldt are down.

I shouldn't grumble, but got a perfect 50/50 ratio of females to males on the Vanillunas - at least I hope I did, as all remaining are either confirmed or still not shown, but they would be very late males to pop out now. But I'm ready for it if it happens. So - I repotted all five last night, and somehow managed to squeeze everything in - it's tight! Cocoas are at the front left, and the right side:

They should shoot up prety fast, though I think I may have to keep them more 'pole'-like than bushy this time, as there's so little room. But they're very healthy, and all have dark purple stems, just like the Cocoas.

And as for those Cocoa Kush - incredible. The range of aromas is insane (bear in mind I'm grabbing at similes here): pheno #1 is still very mild, but at the moment is a kind of raspberry/choc mix, pheno #2 is very dark cocoa and berries, similar to one of my Flos, and pheno #3 is just some ridiculous kind of outer-space fruit that I've never experienced. You could say that it's pitched somewhere between blueberry and grapefruit, but that would be a really crude approximation.

I'm also getting Turkish Delight, Nag Champa incense, polyester, CD marker-pens (I got that on one of my skunks - 'plastic mango' my friend calls it!), AND the cocoa in the background! I expect these smells to change considerably yet, as they're just hitting five weeks tomorrow. I don't think these will be eight-week plants though, more like nine, based on current bud development.

Left to right, phenos #1, #2, #3:

As for the Goldfinger, here's some new pics of the 1A pheno, just approaching nine weeks. It's very resinous, and the calyxes are developing a beautiful lilac color, although the pics don't show either particularly well. What they do show is the superb calyx/leaf ratio, which is improved over the original Malawi by an order of magnitude.

This pheno flowers much more like Flo, with the pronounced 'spear'-shaped bud on top, followed by smaller buds down the stem, as opposed to the Malawi cola. All that remains now is to find out the final flower time...:chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's getting really busy in the veg cabinet now - lots of new and old stuff going on. I'm wrestling with OG Kush and Mystery Strain clones, performing extreme LST to keep them small, along with the choice Grape Krush pheno, Flos of two phenos, and a Goldfinger. The new stuff includes backup clones of all three Cocoa Kush, a pure Cheese, and tonight, a purple SAGE, which I tasted a couple of weeks ago, and is really special - very pleased to get that one!

On the seedling front, I have six Mikado f2s, and the seven J-Los - Kentish Creme X Flo - they're all on the third sets of leaves and looking very good. I pulled a couple of the Mikados for extreme lankiness. I'm hoping to get some more seeds germed soon for outdoors, but it's proving very difficult with the space I have to do much more - I need to clone the Vanillunas too in about a week or less, so there's a lot to keep focused on!

ThaiPhoon

Holy smokes EM! What an awesome bunch of strains you have now. I have always wanted to try Mikado. I have heard a lot of good stuff about that strain. Also I wish i had more space! So much to grow...so little time!

Chok dee

Latest posts

Latest posts