What's new

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
More on grow #2

More on grow #2

Well - I finally got to visit the second grow today - the hybrid plants I grew from seeds, rather than clones. They're still smaller than they should be, but one or two are looking a lot better than they were! There's definitely mineral issues going on with some - possibly Zinc deficiency, which may be as a result of too-alkaline soil - it is on disused mine land in a limestone area.

I also pulled three males, leaving six definite females at this site. The male flowers were impressive on every pheno - G13 X Flo and two Mystery Strain X Flo - huge stamen pods. On all plants the flowers were purple, which is great - this means the purple male Flo seems to be dominant on that trait, as none of the mothers ever produced purple parts except in cool conditions. But now the purple Flo male has produced purple female offspring with four different crosses now, so it's looking like my guesswork paid off. Incidentally, the white fibres are Rosebay Willow-herb seeds which are currently wafting all over the site...:)

The remaining females are now flowering - the two Mystery Strain X Flo and Skunk#1 X Flo are both suffering from low sun exposure and lots of competition from weeds. The two G13 X Flo are much better, despite their small stature - they get lots of sun, and seem generally much more robust:

As for indoors, well the Grape Krush F2s are going well, though still too stretchy - looks like I may have three females from the five, judging on their shape and branching, but I'll wait for preflowers!

And obviously the sexy young American tourist I mentioned in the post above!

Also there's some very exciting seeds on the way, which will require their own thread - I'll update on that when I can! So there's lots of reasons to try and get this damn grow-chamber finished now! :)

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I just finished reading your entire post and it was very good. When I noticed you decided to build a cab it just makes me tingle. I love cab grows. your design looks like it could grow some very fine herb. once again you've out done yourself. Here is my cab. I have some blueberry, Kalimist, and Dreamweaver x God Bud. The dw x gb is in the flowering room right now vegging and waiting to get trained to the screen. hope it's good I would like to give breeding a go also, hope it turns out as good as yours.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
You read the whole thread? Wow - thanks. Sorry a lot of the pics have begun to disappear, but my gallery is permanently full, and I'm having to delete all the less interesting ones to make room! But glad you enjoyed it.

It's a shame I had to downsize so much, as I was expanding my roster and growskills rapidly. Cabs are really new for me, and it's going to require a lot of discipline, as well as much tougher security, as I don't have the benefit of a cellar anymore. But some great stuff to come, and I hope to keep a rapid turnaround going on strains if I can...:)

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
yeah I read alot on this site and what was OG. I think you will be suprised by how much fun you will have in a cab with Mother/Flower room of that size. just one room is not enough for projects you and I would like to do.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
You're right - I need an basement laboratory with multiple rooms at least!

An underground railway, explosive doors and lots of female security in catsuits wouldn't go amiss either...:chin:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
what type of fan/fans would you use to draw air from your mother to clone rooms?? I love the setup but wonder about noise with more than one fan. 400w might be a little hot for the space ( I think so anywase) What kind of fan are you planning on using for flower?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'll be extracting each chamber with a separate 100mm RVK inline fan - I think it'll be more than sufficient. The fans will be in their support frames, but I'm going to hang them from brackets on bungee cords, which should reduce vibrational 'hum' considerably.

They're very quiet, but bolted to the wall, the vibrations get amplified quite a lot, and I don't want the folks next door awake all night trying to figure out what that strange buzzing noise is next to their bed, whilst they try to make out...:)

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
bungis work great for that. my vortex hags from a bungi and the exaust of the fan is attached to a 4'' flang with a 4'' fernco coupling exausting from the back. check it out

And the back of the cab with inlet and exaust

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi ElevatorMan, great strains you've got !
:jump:
All the best
...from a french neighbour ^^ :redface:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Connoisseur300 - nice job there - very neat!

titoon20 - merci beaucoup mon ami. I have some friends from France over here who have very good friends in Languedoc, Provence and Minervois, and it would be nice to take some seeds over sometime to take advantage of those mountain terraces...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's another visit to the other grow - and all the plants are flowering now, though early days yet.

The Flo#2 is looking a little battered - strangely it's losing it's shade leaves very early. This plant is separate from the others on a more exposed slope, which may be the problem, but it's sheltered by most of the winds by the bracken. Still, the tops look happy enough:

The Northern Lights X Big Bud is easily the happiest plant I have outdoors, and is settling into flowering nicely. It's about 24" tall and has a lot of growing tips - indoors I might expect to pull 3 ounces from a plant this size - I doubt I'll do that, but it'll certainly cover the expense of all the bus fares! It also acquired a little friend whilst I was taking the pics...:)

The Mystery Strain plant has picked up after a terrible start, and is now flowering, but as it just looks like the NL X BB (but half the size), I still haven't bothered wasting pics on it - I will before the end.

And finally the #2 Flo - the Purple Thai pheno, also now flowering - small yield ahead clearly, but I don't care - I now have two rooted clones for seed production, so I'm going to let this girl finish off in her own time. By the way, check out the super-long burgundy calyxes:

Much of the bracken is beginning to die back now, which will give them more sun, but also more wind and rain, so we'll see what happens. I'll update on the indoor progress tomorrow, as it's way past my bedtime...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Indoors...

Indoors...

Well, it's getting pretty tight already under the fluoros! Mainly down to the fact the main flower chamber and the extraction isn't yet complete, and probably won't be till next weekend now, for one reason or another.

Sadly this means the Grape Krush F2s will be too tall and pole-like to perform and LST, as I can't get them under an HID yet. So I've topped them again today to make four main stalks, and will repot them later in the week (I have to go away for a couple of days). Looking very purple and chunky already though:

I repotted the OG Kush clone tonight into a 5-inch pot, as it's growing like crazy - already topped it last week, and it's shooting out side-branches - lovely.

Also there's a bunch of clones I just potted for preservation - two Goldfingers (male and female) from my friend's phenos, which are fairly bushy and not too tall - hopefully there's an indoor possibility with them. Also the two best purple Flo clones from each of the two outdoor phenos - I aim to make seeds with these. And a Cheese X Yumboldt - thankfully my friend's garden plant is large, so I got a few clones, which have all gone to friends except this one - after the single plant I grew last time, I had to give this another go sometime.

So not bad, but I need to get this all under wraps soon, as it's exposed to my apartment at the moment, and they'll start to smell before too long...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The New Breed...

The New Breed...

Look what just dropped into my hand:

The new DJ short strains are what I'll be starting next, as a test grow for Legends. I'm really excited about these, and will hopefully have the cabinet finally complete by the weekend. Then I can get the female Grape Krush ready for flowering - maybe a week in veg under the HID, and then start germing these, timed to go into the main chamber as the GKs come down.

I'm sure it will get more confusing as it gets closer, as there's a bunch of other strains in there too! But where there's a will, there's a way. For now, I'm just going to polish my new seeds...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
ThaiPhoon - we're all looking forward to those!

I'm really pleased about this bit of news though - they asked me to do it, which is great - just when you think no-one reads your grow-diary...:)

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Elevator Man said:
just when you think no-one reads your grow-diary...:)

We're reading man. Obviously your hard work and knowledge is paying off in respect.

Nice journal !!

Pirate

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks - it can be a lonely business this one, but it's the forum that keeps me sane - only place there's enough folks with the same interest as me...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
More outdoor...

More outdoor...

Well...slow and steady is the theme at grow #1.

All four ladies are still alive, and so far have survived been trodden on by randy deer and/or cattle. They're in a pretty awkward spot for humans, requiring a long hike across a bracken-covered valley, but that's nothing for four-legged hoodlums! So I'm trying to piss around at least one of the plants each time, and spitting a lot, in the vain hope that it'll keep them away! But a lot of the bracken is now collapsing as it dies, and the deer are just ploughing through it, so I have to be ready for disaster.

But the NL X BB is starting to frost up nicely now - still small buds, but they have at least a month to go yet (before it frosts up nicely!):

The Mystery Strain plant (which I'm now convinced is another, rarer NL X BB) is small and a little behind the other one, but it's now also showing some bud:

The purple Flo#2, now consists of little indica rosettes atop each stem, and not much else, but they're beautiful, if small. The calyxes are noticeably stubbier and more indigo-purple than its #3 sister:

#3, the Purple Thai pheno is also adding a few more buds, but it hasn't progressed that much in two weeks - still looks beautiful though:

There's not going to be much yield from this lot really - maybe an ounce or two from the NL X BB if I get lucky - I'll begin amending with flower nutrients next week. The main test at this grow was for location (nutrient availability) and cold-protection, and if these all survive, then next year will see some serious action on this particular hillside...:)

G

Hey EM...I don't know why more people don't respond to your diary. This is definitely a top notch show. :yes: Maybe since the title doesn't say 10 different kush strains nobodies watching. I'm enjoying every minute of it, so keep posting bro! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts