What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Widdow soil grow. 2000watts. Many Photos

pico

Veteran
So Lets just get the pics started. We can fill in the details along the way if needed.

1 week veg

2.5 weeks veg

pico

Veteran
Lets fast forward to the good part.

Day 3 flower.

This was after 1 month of veg under a dual 400w mh/hps light. Switched to 1000w hps for flowering.

pico

Veteran
Day 17 flower

I decided that they were going to outgrow the 1000 watts and 4x4 area so I doubled their light and space. Not big enough to fully maximize the space, but will deffinatly get a better yield overall.

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Better view of additional lighting at day 17

day 21

Day 23 I rehung the lights and make a better table.

pico

Veteran
Day 30

Somewhere in there I netted down one table to get a better canopy. I was missing the parts to do it to the other side.

Day 31

toohigh

Hey Pico very nice set-up you have. Do you know what company your Widow is from? Can't wait to see the finished buds.

pico

Veteran
I gave the lovely ladies a nice organic tea at day 40 or so. Bat guano, Seabird guano, worm castings, alaskan humisoil, mollasses, soil soup, and liquid karma. tasty.

pictures from around day 43

G

Kinda looks like that bud is giving ya the finger... are they just about done?

pico

Veteran
yeah i want to cut around 60 days, but I will see how the plants look then. I think they started to foxtail because of the heat coming off those 1000 watt bulbs. I am just installing my aircooling right now to fix that issue.

G

Hey hows it going Pico?? hope your staying warm in your parts!!! lol. Hows the buds coming along eh?? I just updated mine after an absence, but nothing as exciting as your widow. good luck man.

pico

Veteran
Day 60 or so. As you can see I have the lights air cooled now so next run should be better.

The buds deffinately could go another week, but the spider mites are starting to settle in so time to pull. I am doing a massive clean this week and bombing everything.

So Harvested right around 60 days. I decided to trim on the plants as it is easy and the mites stayed in that room with the leaves. They will have a final trim tonight and then will hang in a room with a dehumidifier and carbon scrubber.

These are a few of the plants. They were all pretty similar in size. There were 9 plants in 5 gallons of soil. I will get a dry weight when I can. I don't expect too much because they were originally just flowering under 1 light. Plus the spider mites did some damage. If I was to guess I would say 24 ounces.

-Pico

Mibri

Those babies look very nice. Some powerful lights you got for them too. Guess it puts some more buds furthere down also compared to my 600w. I'm also growing widows. Sure hope mine will come too look as nice as yours, but don't think so on this first grow;))

pico

Veteran
Funkbomb- Yeah I find it is pretty much guaranteed to work if you keep things simple. I like to work on a lot of crazy projects as well (omega garden for one) that are interesting and can have some impressive yields, but a lot of times something stupid destroys the whole crop. I hope to have my hydro skills up to par with my soil skills this next year.

Mibri- Yeah they are some powerfull lights. The 1000s are good when you are doing a larger plant. I think if you are just going for yield/time then 600 watters with lots of smaller plants would work better for the same wattage. A lot of people have to keep their plant numbers lower for legal reasons and so 1000s are nice because you can have some monster plants. Good luck with your grow. I will have to go check it out.

AK- Thanks for stopping by again. I was impressed with the widdow as well. They sure do beef up in the last few weeks of flowering. I did trim the shit out of the lower portion of the plants about 2 or 3 weeks in to flowering. I thought that 3 weeks was a little late to be trimming so much, but the plants did fine. I didn't really get any shitty lower buds. Even the bottom most nug is still worth smoking.

I have a bunch of plants that are going back in to the room this next week. I have some widdows that are in pots twice the size of these ones. Will be using four 15 gallon pots under 1 light, sixteen 3 gallon pots under 1 light, and nine 5 gallon pots under 1 light. Then I have some coco and some hydroton tables that I am experimenting with. Should be a interesting year.

I will try to get some more shots up here later tonight. I have to do some more trimming right now. :)

pico