What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Indoor Duck Pond (Meph, NightOwl, and a remix by a friend)

MallardDuck

The face of a dog who just ate a pint of old bacon fat I was storing under the sink.....

Attachments

• photo2025989.jpg
    photo2025989.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 25

OZZ_

Veteran
The face of a dog who just ate a pint of old bacon fat I was storing under the sink.....

Post away man! It’s your thread after all!! Haha love the pic with the dog, gives some perspective on the plants.

Poor Old Yellers gonna do some squirting in about 3... 2.... 1.... :biglaugh:

What size pots are those again?

Edit: 5 gallons as per your first post. I love smart pots for flowering but have always kept my moms in rigid pots. It just makes for easier moving around when caring for them. I guess I’m too lazy to grab a smarty with two hands lol.’

As a consequence I have to deal with rootbound issues regularly, easily solved with a quick pruning up top and a root pruning down below, then back in the same pot with fresh soil and in a few weeks badda bing badda boom we back in business.

Really should switch to smarties for my moms, would make things easier Im sure, but I guess I just like paddling upstream lol :biggrin::biglaugh:

MallardDuck

Yeah poor Finn puked for about 12 hrs then the problems worked their way to her back end. Not a happy pup. I almost want to feel bad for her but I know damn well she didn't learn a thing 😅 About a month ago she ate an entire chicken - bones and all - that I had just picked up from Costco, in the time it took me to shower after work. She is a pirate that deserves it all.

Im hoping to try out some photoperiods I have from ACE next run... I am tempted to try to scrape some money together to have another light so I can have motherplants / clones... plus I really want to start growing some other fun plants indoors. I am going to start germinating Datura seeds in the next day or two. I have this vision of a colourful tent full of both cannabis and flowers.

Speaking of paddling Im more of a down river dude 😄 Ducks are lazy.

Fond du Lac #2  August 2002 005 ninjacat.jpg

Last edited:
G

Haha I can't blame the poor doggo...How many times did I say "I won't do this again" 🤣

Plants are lookin fine!What are you thinking to grow from Ace?

MallardDuck

I actually haven't decided yet Syd. I did a couple FOMO buys when I thought Green Mountain Seeds was on its way out. I have Panama, Bangi Haze, Erdpurt, Congo, Purple Satellite and Zacateca Tribute 😅. I am thinking about throwing around some pollen for fun. I have a feeling I am going to have more flower than I need so that might be fun. But yeah, I haven't picked out what I will do next.. totally open to suggestions.

MallardDuck

Hey friends!

Back with a little update. Things are smelling really good in the tent now. The SS is giving off floral and berry aromas. The Zam Smile is really hard to describe right now. A meaty tropical citrus? Pineapple and cured meat? Not sure how to describe it but it is very interesting.

The little Owl Pellet is doing her best to catch up to her sisters.

I have started germinating my tomatoes this week. I usually space out my planting over about the course of a week. I seem to do more and more every year. I would love to live somewhere that has the climate for indeterminate tomatoes, but alas the growing season is too short here. I might try to grow a cantalope for fun this year... I saw a guy in my area grow a few last year.

Attachments

• photo2027208.jpg
    photo2027208.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 20
  • photo2027209.jpg
    photo2027209.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 20
  • photo2027210.jpg
    photo2027210.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21

MallardDuck

👨‍🌾

Attachments

• photo2029056.jpg
    photo2029056.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 21
  • photo2029057.jpg
    photo2029057.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2029058.jpg
    photo2029058.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2029059.jpg
    photo2029059.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 21

MallardDuck

20210316_111536.jpg

Testing! I think I got it Wooly!

Attachments

• 20210316_111536.jpg
    20210316_111536.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210316_111536.jpg
    20210316_111536.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 23

Tangwena

Veteran
You def got the hang of posting pics now thats the size I like to see.
Cant get that close myself my camera cant do it nor can my old phone its starting to show fruit now looking good.

MallardDuck

Hi again. Things are starting to become very pretty and smelly in my tent. All three of my plants are starting to show some vibrant colours! I must say I keep underestimating how much these babies drink! I let them dry out too much a few times, but they are bouncing back nicely.

Spring is also in the air here, we have been getting some beautiful weather this time of year. Time to start the garden seedlings!

20210321_112244.jpg
20210321_112140.jpg
IMG-20210318-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• 20210321_112244.jpg
    20210321_112244.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210321_112140.jpg
    20210321_112140.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20210318-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210318-WA0001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 25
G

...One interesting thing I noticed is that my Zam Smile has started making 3 leaves and 3 auxiliary branches per node. Is this a common trait in cannabis? I dont think I have seen it very often in photos...

It's one of the more common mutations in cannabis, not a trifoliate I don't think...maybe triploid or some other name. I forget, lol. Anyways, they generally produce more dry weight than their standard counterparts, which most find acceptable.

Lovely colors in the tent, btw!

Peace DM

MallardDuck

It's one of the more common mutations in cannabis, not a trifoliate I don't think...maybe triploid or some other name. I forget, lol. Anyways, they generally produce more dry weight than their standard counterparts, which most find acceptable.

Lovely colors in the tent, btw!

Peace DM

Thanks for the info DM! Very cool to know. I wonder if it is a trait a determined breeder could stabilize? I don't see why not as they seem to have isolated the autoflowering and fern leaf types very well!

Another one of my orchids decided to bloom for me!

20210321_204345.jpg

Attachments

• 20210321_204345.jpg
    20210321_204345.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20

MallardDuck

Hi everyone,

Back after a small vacation. :wahey: Spent a few days up at my cabin, the birds are very active up there right now... migrating and nesting. I almost had a nude encounter with a flying squirrel when I was cooling down on the deck of the sauna admiring the stars. I was standing so still I think he thought I was a tree I was so still - luckily for both of us he veered away and landed on the tree beside me instead! I'm not a huge fan of Red Squirrels as they tear the insulation out of my cabin roof, but I love Flying Squirrels.

Anyways here are the plants!

IMG_20210329_232826_851.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210329_232826_851.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	17819986

20210329_113040.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20210329_113040.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	17819987

Big M

Amazing colors MD, everything looks awesome!

Bangi Haze worked really well down here at 42°N last year. It got cut mid October, but probably could have went till the end if it needed to. Seemed to handle the cold rainy weather just fine, but I wanted to be safe vs lose it all to greed and mold. It handled wind, heat, and just living on its own in the wild with only one IPM spray of spinosad (Monterey Garden Spray) before flowering, and had virtually zero bug damage. All around champ for hardiness and production.

Purple Satellite is one I really want to try this year. I think it would be a good one to try up in your neck of the woods. I wish I would have grabbed a couple more packs of it before ACE stopped shipping to the US, but at least I have a pack. Kinda thinking I may wait to pop any until I can run the whole pack at once and do an open pollination, and of course keep clones of all the originals. That's more involved than my current situation will allow, so who knows. Either way, I'll pop a couple too if you decide to give the Purple Satellite a try.

Latest posts

Latest posts