What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SF4000 grow tent, pull up a seat!

Well hello fellow growers/stoners! It has been a long time since I have done a grow on here figured since wife approved of me to do something I would jump back on. So take it easy on me been a while.

Here is a small list of the equipment, strains, medium I will be using!

LightHouse 2.0 4x4 grow tent
SF4000 Led light

Will be using a local soil company "First Amendment soil" Formally knows as "Mass hole" a mixture of their potting mix/Master mix. A very nice blend I have used in the past.

Will be flowering them out in 5 gallon (talls) pots, under a double layered scrog.

And now the part everyone one wants to hear about...the strains!

-Serious Kush x Donkey Dick hybrid
-Fat boy ( Hell's angel x Sour Diesel )

And last but not least one I am super super excited about!

88 G13 Hash plant If anyone knows strains you will know this is magic. This is as close to the original as you can get from a very very trusted local veteran to the game!

I picked up all these babies as clones and just got everything set up so pull up a chair and grow with me. This is being grown in my office so room is kind of tight but the tent fits very nicely next to my computer desk!

As always open to suggestions, comments, criticism!

Sorry if pics are uploaded wrong haha its been a while!

The empty tent pic is with the light turned all the way up, more of a red flowering spectrum as you can see. The light is currently turned down at 20% to not shock the ladies. I have not run LED since "Blurple" Mars hydro stuff from back in the day! So any suggestions on height etc. please let me know.

calientecarlos

Veteran
Fuckin ehh!! Great strains n sweet setup!! Been wantin to pull trigger on LED for a lil while but haven't yet..

MassHole soil that's frig hilar!! Love the availability of good local soils these days!!

Best wishes and I will be taggin along for da show!!

Fuckin ehh!! Great strains n sweet setup!! Been wantin to pull trigger on LED for a lil while but haven't yet..

MassHole soil that's frig hilar!! Love the availability of good local soils these days!!

Best wishes and I will be taggin along for da show!!

Hey man! Thanks for tagging along! Yea I am very excited too see what this LED can do was super hesitant because so used to HID but we shall see!

Hey, way to dodge a bullet on your ladies this past season! Checked out your recent and that snow almost got ya haha good shit man!

calientecarlos

Veteran
You frig betcha! Stoked for ya n will be def lurkin n watchin! Undecided between quantum board SF or buildin a diy strip stylee LED..

Def dodged a bullet this year outdoors! That was lil too close for my liking! Gonna build a greenhouse this year finally hopefully..

A nice kit. good luck for the grow.

Thank you! Was tough decision between MH and the SF! Maybe next run or ill do a side by side possibly!

Subbed.

Think I’m buying the SF4000 over Mars Hydro in next run (Sorry MH :canabis: ).

Good luck!

Hey thanks man! Yea the SF just looked too good to pass up, did a lot of research and checked out HygroHybrid series on youtube and man...love his stuff!

You frig betcha! Stoked for ya n will be def lurkin n watchin! Undecided between quantum board SF or buildin a diy strip stylee LED..

Def dodged a bullet this year outdoors! That was lil too close for my liking! Gonna build a greenhouse this year finally hopefully..

Yea I thought about doing the DIY but idk just wasnt feeling it and didnt wanna do something wasnt reallly full set on. So just went with SF, customer service was really good and answered all my questions gave me a lot of info!

Yea greenhouse is good idea, I dont know if im gonna do a green house or not I also battle the winter weather coming in every year so we shall see :) I will be keeping an eye out see what you do!

Update!

Update!

Quick update!

Well I put the ladies in some 5 gallon pots today, they were def root bound and craving some more space! They took really well to the LED yesterday excited too see what happens next week or so.

My plan is to give them a few days to adjust and start training them gonna be doing the SCrog, as you can see one of the ladies is much taller than the rest so that will be what I base the height of the scrog off of! Train her down a little bit and let the others catch up, or possibly cut her down and get some clones off her! Who knows what will happen haha

Had a little bit of an oops transplanting, bent the stem a bit on one of the smaller ones, but nothing a little tape and time cant fix ( Hopefully ) lol this wont be the first time this has happened or the last I would imagine....Guessing ill just end up with a big fat knot there which is great!

Enjoy <3

calientecarlos

Veteran
Plants lookin happy n healthy! Soil looks good too! Don't forget to take tape off once it heals! Def done that once r thrice..

I feel ya on not wantin to mess with diy led kit. I am a total nerd n love wiring ish up so I will prob go that route. If one board fails I can just swap in new n not have to replace whole light is my main motive.

My temps top 100f most the summer so I am thinkin breathable walls on greenhouse as to not have hvac n fatty power bill. Def be nice not being rushed in fall with threat of snow..

Plants lookin happy n healthy! Soil looks good too! Don't forget to take tape off once it heals! Def done that once r thrice..

I feel ya on not wantin to mess with diy led kit. I am a total nerd n love wiring ish up so I will prob go that route. If one board fails I can just swap in new n not have to replace whole light is my main motive.

My temps top 100f most the summer so I am thinkin breathable walls on greenhouse as to not have hvac n fatty power bill. Def be nice not being rushed in fall with threat of snow..

Unfortunately I think it was too much shock to the plant, even 6 hours later it’s not looking good, I’m gonna give it an over night sit but I shouldn’t of transplanted it I think. Too much shock IMO...oh well see what happens!

Let me know how the build goes! I love the DIY concept and normally be all about it just wasn’t feeling it this time haha

Oh wow that’s really hot lol I love in the northeast so max temp on a hot day here is like 90, and that’s few and far between tbh. But we have wet falls usually, causes a lot of early harvest so prob do the green house option, or maybe just an optional canopy to protect them over night idk got a bit too think about it!

Are you going to use fan ventilation? Nice looking plants.

Hey thanks for stopping by!

Yea they should be here tomorrow! I have 2 6” adjustable inline fans I’ll be using, and have a couple smaller fans to get the air moving inside the room! This all came together pretty quick ( me being impatient ) I’m hoping the 6” will be enough to get proper air control happening.

I’m not sure I will use both inline fans or just have an exhaust and a passive intake. With some smaller fans down below the canopy moving the air around.

Thoughts??

The tent is in my office so the exhaust doesn’t have any where too really blow away the air.

LizardMan

I found my SF-4000 was to strong for the ladies at 100% at their recommended hight. I've set mine to 60% at around 30inchs and it seems to be okay. Im pretty sure you could up the % of power roughly every 2 days starting from a lower setting to not shock them.

I found my SF-4000 was to strong for the ladies at 100% at their recommended hight. I've set mine to 60% at around 30inchs and it seems to be okay. Im pretty sure you could up the % of power roughly every 2 days starting from a lower setting to not shock them.

Thank you for the input! Mine are currently at 28” and 20% just to not shock them. They are clones coming from t5 lighting so I will slowly introduce more power! Plus they also just transplanted.

What stage are you at with that power? I fully intent to run 100% just prob keep it max height ( for flower any way )

So last update of the day guys! Sorry for the spam :p

As you can see one of the ladies just did not make it...the one i snapped the stem completely said NOPE...I think a mix between the stem breaking and the transplant it did not wanna play any more. Which is fine, means she was weak and i didnt want it! Haha running with 5! Which kills my OCD but hey what can ya do...

I also moved the light up to 5" from the top of the tent...after speaking with some experienced SF4000 growers keeping it at max height is plenty for a 4x4 so gonna give it a go.

I plan on doing the scrog in the next couple days, if my math is right ill prob do the first layer at 14" from base of the plant, and the second one 8" above that...will see how it fills out I guess might just do single layer...IDK yet haha

But tomorrow is a new day cheers all!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I behind you as my tent is still in the mail. If you exhaust into your "lung room" (I like that), won't it be recycling the moisture that the fan is trying to remove? I am going to send the exhaust outside, via the attic. I think. Maybe it will be OK dumping it back into the room.

I behind you as my tent is still in the mail. If you exhaust into your "lung room" (I like that), won't it be recycling the moisture that the fan is trying to remove? I am going to send the exhaust outside, via the attic. I think. Maybe it will be OK dumping it back into the room.

I wish I had a way to get the exhaust air outside, I just currently cant. And my attic has a full drop down stair case don't think my wife will let me get away with that :p

I can vent it and get it to the other side of the room, about 10' away but not sure how much that will achieve TBH so

Latest posts

Latest posts