What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer Cookie under Hps and Mars Hydro Ts1000

bibi40

I just recept a Mars Hydro Ts1000 i won in a Mars hydro giveaway ,

picture.php

picture.php

it' s my first time with Led , happy to try it and learn for ...

i had start a new grow under Hps few weeks ago due to timing and will add the Led in the growbox .

Strains are :
5 Killer cookie ( auto ) from Urban legends and i just add 2 Black jack auto from Sweet seeds .

as my tent is a 4x4 and Ts1000 is for a 2x2 ,

i'll put on a side of the tent my Hps dim to 400 w and other side the Ts1000 ,
certainly like 5 plants under the Hps and 2 plant under the Ts1000 for a fair comparative ( Ts1000 is 150w ) .

Let' s go for it !!!

;)

Last edited:

bibi40

The 5 Killer cookie at

Day 5 :

picture.php

Day 11 :

picture.php

Day 14 :

picture.php

here with the 2 Black jack ( day 1 and 3 )

picture.php

bibi40

Day 17 :

picture.php

the 5 Killer cookie are in 20 liters pot ( light mix soil ) , one Black jack is in 25 liters and the other in 18 liters container ( light mix soil too ) .
Feeding with biobizz schedule .

:)

bibi40

Thanks Paddi :thank you:

so here we are today at ...

Day 21 :

picture.php

picture.php

the Ts1000 is setup , so go for the fun now :bump:

gizmo666

this could be very interesting
answer the question is led better than hps
pullin up a chair for this
good luck bibi

bibi40

Thank you evreybody :thank you:

here we are at day 24 :

picture.php

Mars hydro side :

picture.php

Hps side :

picture.php

all is good for now ...
as you see there is another plant in the middle of the tent ,
i don' t comment about as i will document it in another dedicated thread when i have more time , too much threads running at the moment .

to be continued :wave:

bibi40

High and welcome everybody :)

Tonight at day 27 :

picture.php

Ts1000 side :

picture.php

Hps side :

picture.php

for now i can say that the Led's side entering flowering faster than Hps side , no doubt about that , so perhaps less stretch , will see ...

and stems seems thicker ,

but more time needed for be sure ,

really interresting experiment anyway :bump:

Wolverine97

Veteran
I don't mean to sound rude, really, but it won't be a useful test with the light spectrums mixing like that. You should at least put up some sort of divider between them. In that small of a space, with the reflective walls both sides will get a mix. Though the HPS side will get less spill from the LED side, where the LED side will get a lot of spillover from the HPS just due to the nature of HID lighting.

I'm very interested, as I just got my son that exact Mars led for him to learn on. I appreciate the effort to document it, but you should really separate the light spectrums in some way. Even just taping up some panda film but leave the top open for air exchange... just a thought.

bibi40

I don't mean to sound rude

you' re not mate :)
we' re here for share and talk about , all good ,

just figure it' s certainly not a side by side ,

i just get this led and want to try it in this space ,
the left side is the more under Hps , middle more a mix of spectrum and right side more Led' s spectrum,

sure for a true comparative test , different area is the best ,
but that don' t fit with my actual grow ,

so my thought is i will learn a lot of this experiment , and i like it :biggrin:

Wolverine97

Veteran
You wouldn't need a separate area, Just tape up a piece of black/white poly to separate the two sides, it wouldn't even have to go above the lights. Then you would have a real, valuable test. Just saying. Good luck.

bibi40

Here we are at Day 30 ,

wholeview :

picture.php

Mars hydro side :

picture.php

Hps side :

picture.php

as i said last time , seems Led side flowering fastest :

picture.php

:wave:

bibi40

Hi Gizmo ,

difficult to said for now apart it seems the start of flowering seems fastest under the Led , need more time for real conclusion , as it' s seeds and there' s not a big number of plant , it can be pheno-dependant , time will say .

;)

Latest posts

Latest posts