X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woolybear
    replied
    I chopped the tops of #2 on Sunday. Quick thoughts:

#1 appeared to stack better, but #2 tops is actually denser.
    #1 has a little gap at the base of the buds, like most weed plants I've grown (its where I hook them to hang dry). #2 has no gap, its all buds

#1 = 11 tops (81 grams kind of moist), two rows of popcorn nugs
    #2 = 7 tops, 1 row of popcorn nugs

Both are easy to trim. After a week or so, the popcorn nugs are clear/cloudy/amber so I chopped those today.

I let #1 hang dry in a box for 4-5 days, not sure, but I definitely stopped drying the day before it would've been too much. I snipped all the buds off and was able to completely fill a 1-gallon jar.
    I don't know the moisture content as my meter ran out of batteries, but they felt around the 50-60% level and got 81 grams.

Took a couple of nugs out, let them dry in a small jar with the cap off, and were smokeable in a few hours, really good overnight.
    Smoke quality: Good. Burns well. I fan feel a hint of fire in the background waiting to come out. Stoney but not too strong, which makes sense as it's fresh.

The buds will be in the freezer until I get batteries for my moisture meter.

Leave a comment:

• DaveBowman
    replied
    Really pretty colors, nice work! Let us know know how she smokes!

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    Chopped the tops of #1 at 9 weeks, she turned amber quick. Gonna see if letting the remaining bouquet of popcorn nugs ripen a bit more does anything. Trichs are a mix of clear to light amber on those

#2 has not been chopped. Her trichs are clear/cloudy, may need another week.

#1 popcorn nugs @week9 on the left:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=17817073.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	17817086

#1 chopped:

Name:	fetch?photoid=17817072.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	17817087

Here u can see the various stages of leaf senescence on #2:

Name:	fetch?photoid=17817071.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	17817088

Thanks for watching!

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    WEEK 9 UPDATE

Both plants are now almost completely purple in the top fan leaves. #1 fan leaves are turning brittle, she's ready for harvest this week.

The smell in the tent is strong. Its a strong fuel/antiseptic smell, with a bit of jungle funk in the background.

I've never had a problem getting purple plants with my LEDs, plus these genetics strongly remind me of seeds I've run, years before. Deja vu!

Based on structure, #1 is stacking fatter than #2 and would be my pre-smoke-test preference.

#2:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17813318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.3 KB ID:	17813330
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17813320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	17813333

#1:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17813317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.5 KB ID:	17813331
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17813321.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	17813332

Leave a comment:

• bibi40
    replied
    Looks good Wooly !

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    WEEK 8 UPDATE

Trichs clear/cloudy. #1 is leaning heavily.

Regarding cloning!

This round I cloned off the tops of the plants, big healthy tops [ per the med man method of 4], but also took a couple of cuts from the bottom, my 'free' cuts.

For the good clones from the top, I used rockwool cubes and some cloning powder I bought years ago. This time, the leaves went a bit yellow and gnarly (you can see them in the photo above), but they all rooted and grew out.

For the 'free' clones, I either stick them in a glass of water, or stick them in a cup full of perlite and water. This time I used the latter method, and it produced the two little clones, second from the left, bottom two rows.

It's good to have the two types of clones, as the tops grow fast, and the ones from bottom are slow.

Today, the tent smell was more piney. Oh, an daylight savings time means I need to reset the timers.

Harvest day is coming soon!

p.s. thanks again to HAMMERHEAD for pointing out GROWSAFE to me! I've been hitting the clones and my flowering plants, have nice glossy dark green leaves and no bugs!

For maintenance, I squirt the top of the medium about once a week, the plant leaves every couple of weeks,

The scientists basically figured out a way to keep regular old vegetable oil suspended in solution, an emulsion, which coats the nasty bugs.

"GrowSafe™ controls and cleans infestations in vegetables, fruits, ornamentals, and cannabis growing facilities (indoor, outdoor and greenhouse), promoting higher yields and healthy, disease free plant growth."

two mechanism of actions:
    1. Physical-coating: Repetitive spraying produces a protective layer providing defense from pests as well as their proliferation.
    2. Phyto-Chemical: Natural plant protection elements present in the oils, serve as control & repellent.
    • Effective: GrowSafe™ is better and safer in comparison to chemical based pesticides, as well as neem oil and (mineral) petroleum-based oil. It can be sprayed with any type of spraying equipment.
    • Non-Poisonous: Due to the non-toxic* ingredients contained in GrowSafe™, there is no need to worry about harmful effects to the environment, pets and humans.
    • Sustainable: GrowSafe™ is produced in energy efficient and environmentally friendly facilities.
    • Regulatory: GrowSafe™ qualifies for EPA exemption as a minimum risk pesticide under FIFRA 25 (b).
    • Bio-Pesticide: Safe for bees, ladybugs and many other beneficial insects*.

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    Originally posted by Dankwolf View Post
    Temps look to high ?
    Thanks for pointing this out! The tips of #1 are brown. For some reason I didn't set my fan to run continuously during daylight time. Fixed that! Now set to run during daylight and once every couple of hours during the night,

Got a decidedly gassy/fuely smell opening up the tent today,

Leave a comment:

• Dankwolf
    replied
    Temps look to high ?

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    WEEK 7 UPDATE

#1 is stacking better than #2, she's leaning and requires support. Got a flat of clones.

1:Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17797512.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	17797526

#2:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17797510.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	17797525

canopy:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17797514.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	17797527

clones:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17797511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.0 KB ID:	17797528

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    it's amazing to me that I have these happy plants blossoming in an old-ass tent, in my closet.

Its really a testament to the power of the LEDs. I remember making the two fixtures, ordering the parts, and having to go to home depot to find the right screw thingie. I made it work, but could I do it again?

If I had to do it again, I might just buy a pre-made lightbar from the guys I bought them from originally. Jerry at king brite. Just because the technology has advanced so far from the design i'm using, though functional and perfectly fine, is outclassed by current, simpler rigs.

But lets not prematurely bury these lights. Still have tons of hours left in them!

About the plants, #2 has developed strong purple veins in the smaller fan leaves. this is good!

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    week 4 update

WEEK 4

All is going well. I've rooted a few cuts and it seems they are done stretching.

Canopy shot:

Side:

Here's something I haven't seen before, trich growth at the base of fan leafs! This is only on #1:

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    DAY 17 TEXT UPDATE
    (typed from my laptop right next to the grow tent)

#1 is a few inches taller, and the leaves are a darker green than #2.

Not sure what that means. Perhaps #2 can handle more nutes, despite the fact she drinks less?

I'll have to make a note of my exact nute levels!

In addition to taking 3 cuts of each in rockwool, for the 1st round, i took a couple of cuts of each and put them in small clear plastic cups with perlite. Kind of as a back-up plan and experiment. I've rooted clones in plain water and perlite in the past.

As of day 17, two of #1 and one #2 cup clone displayed roots. A couple of them were pretty well-formed, with 1/2" or so of healthy growth attached to the perlite.

Basically "free" clones.

Tall one has about one foot of clearance before they touch the lights.

Regarding fungus gnats: I see a couple in the tent in as many days usually. I try to squirt them with my growsafe spray bottle, them squish em'.

Not getting any fliers when I rake the coco with a toothpick. These girls have developed roots throughtout the medium, so there's not much depth for me to rake.

I think I have them under control! yay

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    DAY 12 OF FLOWER (Week 1.5)

The plants have grown by a 1/3rd+ Have only done some token defoliation, the structure is open on these.

I've also removed the shoots from the bottom 3-4 nodes. If they keep stretching, I may remove more of the bottom fluff.

#1 is drinking about 1.5-2x as much as #2. To keep the canopy even, i've used green wire to space out the shoots. I also rotate the plants position once a week.

Have not seen many fungus gnats. One or two will pop us when I rake the dirt, but I think I can consider them under control.

I'm still spraying with Growsafe 1x per week. Will stop pretty soon, I'm thinking? I forget how long its safe to use it.

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    Time for a change in plans!

As none of the rado bikers are displaying female sexual characteristics such as pistils, the whole tent may need to go. I'll give them one week.

(note this isn't the first time. a number of years ago when i ran medman genetics, i got a good 7/10 males I believe)

What is the plan, then? My dreams of sweet OG Smoke are turning into... smoke!

PLAN A
    - Germinate 4 more rado biker seeds

PLAN B
    - Buy a 3-pack of Ace Seeds Honduras x Panama fem seeds and grow one out in my hydro tub setup from 2015 12/12 from seed

Which will I choose?!?!? Well, I did buy the 3-pack on an impulse buy, and my last order took 6 days to ship. We may see how potent jungle trip weed works with my brain chemistry!

p.s. I use a website called photopea dot com to edit my photos. Its free online photoshop.

Leave a comment:

• woolybear
    replied
    Unfortunately there's a chance all four rado bikers are male! What luck!

I looked up how much I paid for my LED parts I bought 4 or 5 years ago. I wonder how much they'd go for now?

CREE CXB3590 3500K, CD 36V, 80RA
    8 $43.50
    MW LED driver HLG-185H-C1400A
    2 $47.50
    Ideal holder 50-2303CR
    8 $2.75

plus $50 shipping, $540 total from kingbrite.

I think the heat sinks were around $42, so a total of around $650 for the two LED lights. I wonder what the current ali baba king brite equivalent would be?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X