What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fitzera does things

Fitzera

Hello all, nothing much to share at the moment but this will be home for my next run and maybe I'll just continue to use this thread for all my future endeavors.

Will consist of:

4x Mr Nice Medicine man - all above soil
4x Chuckd Genetics (thats me! :whee: ) Northern Gorilla Berriez (Gorilla Zkittlez x Northern Berry) - all above soil
4x Bodhi Mountain Temple - 3 of 4 above soil
4x Peak Sweet Skunk x Haze - all above soil
1x DNA LA Chocolat - above soil

I'll keep 2 females of each set and will segregate the best male of each to collect pollen and do some more chucking.
I'll be cloning and reversing the LA Chocolate and im hoping this single seed will be a specific pheno im looking for.
Trying to have a mix of indica, sativa, hybrid stuff as my friends often ask for sativa but they don't know real sativa. To them a hybrid is sativa so I try to have a mix of things to please all tastes.

Lighting will consist of a TS3000 for veg then ill be adding 3 of the the cobs in the corners and the 600w hps added for flowering. 1215w or so. The 4th cob will be used for the males in the seperate space.

Will be working up to 7gal fabric pots filled with recycled soil that has been beefed up with Dank.franks recipe and cooking for the past 6 weeks. This will be the highest calcium level I've had yet, hoping it will be a good run. The seedlings have been started in solo cups with bagged supersoil (its not too hot for seedlings) and some ewc.

Once im into 3gal pots ill be using the blumats with ro water. Ewc teas will be used here and there but most likely won't be weekly like I have done in the past. The last run I only did a few teas and had great results still.

In the past I have mixed up some dry amendments for top dressing towards flowering but using dank.franks recipe i don't think it will be required this time round.

Had some spider mites at the end of the last run, the tent was sprayed down heavily with iso alcohol, let dry and then hit again. After that I bleached the whole thing and let it dry. Since then I've started using it for my mushroom monotubs. Once that is done I'll hit the whole tent again with alcohol, heavily in corners, flaps and harder to reach spots. After I feel the tent is 100% sterilized and safe, ill bring the plants in.

Humidity is low being winter so ill be using my large humidifier for the first while until we are into larger pots and the plants are supplying enough humidity on their own. The humidifier maintains 60% well, setting it to 65 pushes it over the top and holds at 94% so 60-65 is the best I can hope for.

See you soon!

Last edited:

Fitzera

Little update of things coming along. Nothing damped off! Woo!

First picture we have the Mr Nice Medicine Man on the left, DNA LA Chocolat in the middle back and Chuck'd Genetics Northern Gorilla Berriez on the right. Im pretty happy that all the chuck'd seedlings are fairly uniform in size, shape and growth rate.
picture.php

Next we have Bodhi Mountain Temple on the left and Peak Sweet Skunk x Haze on the left. These were germinated at the same time and clearly the peak seeds are taking off while the bodhi seeds are small and slow going thus far.
picture.php

And here we have the first flush harvest from my monotubs. These were dry just in time to bring some added Christmas cheer to the holidays!
picture.php

G

Oooooh, things...I love things!

:lurk:

What's your substrate in the monotubs? I've toyed with the idea of ordering some spores, but have been out of touch for about 10 years. I did a couple small BRF runs back then, effects we're great!

The babes look good! When do you move them out of the domes?

Peace
DM

Fitzera

Oooooh, things...I love things!

:lurk:

What's your substrate in the monotubs? I've toyed with the idea of ordering some spores, but have been out of touch for about 10 years. I did a couple small BRF runs back then, effects we're great!

The babes look good! When do you move them out of the domes?

Peace
DM

Oh man, the monotubs are the way to go! I tried the brf tek a few years back but the syringes i had at the time were years old and nothing happened. Not even mold so I guess I was half successful lol.

This time I went with grain tek, corn to be specific. It was pretty easy but cooking up enough corn for 25 quart jars and pressure cooking them all was a whole day event. I may try rye berries next time I do this. And I'll be honest, I wasn't as careful with cleanliness as I probably should have been, and still no contamination.

For the substrate I did the coir, verm, Gypsum as most people do. Super simple, just pasturized/hydrated with boiling water in a 5 gal pail with a sealing lid. Let it cool and then filled the tubs and mixed in the colonized corn with just a little more substrate on top to cover all the grains.

I've been reading that people still dunk their monotubs but that seems like alot of work and asking for contams moving all the bins through the house to the bathtub and letting them soak there. All I've been doing to pouring a little distilled water between the sub and liner as the sub pulls away from it as it shrinks. Just enough to let it soak in but not leave standing water.

Also I've been using my humidifier to keep the whole tent at 90-94% rh. I felt this would be better than trying to keep the tubs at the proper humidity in such a dry environment. Much less misting seems to be needed.

As for the babes and the domes, I just cracked the vents 1/4 last night on the left tray (medicine man/Northern gorilla berriez) and im going to hold off on the right tray until the mountain temple are a bit bigger. I'll take the left lid off completely soon and get a fan on them. They'll get a couple week of low humidity until the tent is free, but they'll be alright im sure. Last winter when I did this, the plants got all crinkled leaves for a day or two while they adjusted.

Thanks for stopping in brother!

Fitzera

Figured I post an update as we are moving along, some quicker than others.

The Medicine Man are all quite uniform with maybe a few days of maturity difference between them. 2 are most vigorous and one lacking. More initial stretch than I anticipated, but not out of control.
The Northern Gorilla Berriez are also fairly uniform, one a bit ahead of the others. I think these took more of the Gorilla Zkittlez side as I havent seen any leaf variegation that the Northern Berry had in veg...but its still early.
The LA Chocolate is doing its thing.

These are 24 days from being dropped in water.
picture.php

picture.php

Now onto the right tray, the Mountain Temple is straggling, 2 more than the others. One of them is also missing its first single leaf. The one at the back though is slightly more narrow leaf right off the bat, but again its pretty early.
The untested Sweet Skunk x Haze. Clearly variation in phenos, one quite tall already, one short and squat, and 2 about the same. The one at the front has some slight leaf deformation that ive seen in Peak gear before. The tallest one has some leaf damage where it grew into the dome. Probably should have started these later so I could keep the height down. Should be interesting to see how these develope.
These were popped into water 21 days ago.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Fitzera

4 weeks today for tray #1
picture.php

And 3.5 weeks for tray #2
picture.php

Hoping those 2 mountain temple runts come around and catch up

Fitzera

These Sweet Skunk x Haze are interesting. I like the shorter squat one best so far as its height seems manageable currently and it has nice narrow leaves. The tallest stretched out one im guessing will show to be male. The other two are in between the short and tallest ones.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

The mushroom bins were officially evicted from the tent. They were falling behind on rent and theres no covid in this unit so no excuses for them ;)

Transplanted the rest of the plants, but I realized I was 4 short after I had already gone and picked up some more perlite. So the mountain temples got 2gal pots instead of 1...which really, based on how far along they are, the 2gals would have been better suited for the medicine mans...meh. Almost everything has been topped.

One of my Northern gorilla zkittlez was looking off for a while. Its colour wasn't as vibrant and its leaves started to get limp. Looked to me like overwatered but I was sure I didn't. It took a drastic turn for the worse, but I transplanted it anyway just in case...and I think its going to pull through after all. But well see. 2 more of that strain had just started with the same initial appearance.

Also, I had multiple rootballs fall apart in my hands trying to remove them from the solo cups. Oh man was that frustrating. But today nothing looks worse for wear thankfully!

Humidity is holding between 72-75 and temps are stable at 25 degrees. I had the light dimmed down to 25% yesterday and brought it up to about 40% today. I'll slowly ramp it up to 100% over the next few days and see how they take it. I really like having this dimmer switch!

picture.php

Last edited:

Fitzera

A bit over 6 weeks now, things are alright though maybe a little slow for some.
Everything has been topped twice.
The Northern Gorilla Berriez that was on deaths door has jumped back in the game and is doing better.
And I've got the first confirmed male Medicine Man segregated and under 12/12. Im hoping I can have everything sexed before the next up potting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Fitzera

Here we are, roughly 8 and 9 weeks of veg. Some are still quite slow. The Bhodi plants have been especially slow, not just in growth but also in sexing. But its ok, I have time.

Also have some issues rearing their head....seems like a deficiency but as pointed out (in my infirmary post) its most likely the qb. A friend of mine said he runs his at 50% through veg. Im sitting at 100%. Makes alot of sense so I've dialed it back...was going to do 75% but decided on 60% for now and see how things progress.

3 of the 4 Sweet Skunk x Haze are female and the big vigorous one is male.
I have 1 confirmed female of Medicine Man, and one that I burned that hasn't shown any sex yet.
I think I've got 2 male and 2 female Mountain Temples but its pretty hard to tell thus far.
Some with the Northern Gorilla Berriez...I took a chance on one that I think is female but could still be male. I up potted it anyway.

Waiting on some of these to get a bit more branchy to take some clones. I want to clone the male SSxHaze as well and possibly reverse a clone of one of the females.

Things are just taking some time.

picture.php

Oh and its fucking cold out!!! Supposed to "feel like -50" overnight. Fml

Last edited:

Fitzera

Gotta love canadian weather!!! Going from HPS to QB im also having trouble with light amount and deficiency

I feel kind of stupid about it honestly haha, like I knew this was a thing and it didn't even cross my mind. I think mainly because I changed two things this round...the soil recipe and the light. But it didn't even cross my mind that I never vegged with this light before. I automatically assumed the soil.

I might give one of the plants a Epsom salt spray to see if it clears things up. If it does ill hit the rest of them and then hopefully with the light turned down they'll come back around as they should be.

I still use an hps during flower, with the leds, so heat at that point hasn't been an issue for me. Until then I'm running a heater to keep things toasty.

As far as the Canadian weather....im real happy im no longer working the rigs...up stick in those temps sucked so much. That was before it was common to have a heated birdhouse. All I had were layers and a pail to sit on. Brrrrr

LizardMan

I was on the CNRL site (North of Fort Crack) for several years as a concrete man, pouring slabs and footings for the cokers and shit, ya -50 is no joke with that dry weather!!! I have a SF-4000 and i haven't taken much time to figure out how to make the plants nice a lush green, but a friend mentioned they seem to like more calcium under LEDs...

Fitzera

Fuck CNRL. That is all.

Based on the soil recipe, I really was hesitant to top dress anything and end up chasing my tail. Been there, done that. I was out all day today renewing courses so ill try the Epsom tomorrow morning on one and go from there.

G

Here we are, roughly 8 and 9 weeks of veg. Some are still quite slow. The Bhodi plants have been especially slow, not just in growth but also in sexing. But its ok, I have time.

Also have some issues rearing their head....seems like a deficiency but as pointed out (in my infirmary post) its most likely the qb. A friend of mine said he runs his at 50% through veg. Im sitting at 100%. Makes alot of sense so I've dialed it back...was going to do 75% but decided on 60% for now and see how things progress.

3 of the 4 Sweet Skunk x Haze are female and the big vigorous one is male.
I have 1 confirmed female of Medicine Man, and one that I burned that hasn't shown any sex yet.
I think I've got 2 male and 2 female Mountain Temples but its pretty hard to tell thus far.
Some with the Northern Gorilla Berriez...I took a chance on one that I think is female but could still be male. I up potted it anyway.

Waiting on some of these to get a bit more branchy to take some clones. I want to clone the male SSxHaze as well and possibly reverse a clone of one of the females.

Things are just taking some time.

View Image

Oh and its fucking cold out!!! Supposed to "feel like -50" overnight. Fml

Grab a lux meter and get the height and spread spot on otherwise it's just a guess.

Fitzera

Grab a lux meter and get the height and spread spot on otherwise it's just a guess.

Haha thats my style...scratching my head and guessing! I'm free tomorrow so ill be spending some extra time in there and see what I can figure out. All I have at the moment is the "lux app" for my phone, ill see what that tells me...some info to work with is better than no info and just grasping at straws!

G

Haha thats my style...scratching my head and guessing! I'm free tomorrow so ill be spending some extra time in there and see what I can figure out. All I have at the moment is the "lux app" for my phone, ill see what that tells me...some info to work with is better than no info and just grasping at straws!

Grab a infrared thermometer while you're at and get your leaf temps up to 27C

You already grow organic dank, I predict a 15% increase in trics/terps once you have the QB dialed (if you're gonna use one in flower)

How many hours are you running the QB? Sounds like you might be overdoing it with your DLI because the QB puts alot more light down. Get your PAR reading and use a DLI calculator.

I use the lux meter in this vid, it's $30, and the PAR conversion charts are at the end of the vid.
[YOUTUBEIF]YiVVAePNtXo[/YOUTUBEIF]

noknees

Haha thats my style...scratching my head and guessing! All I have at the moment is the "lux app" for my phone, ill see what that tells me

since it can't, i'll tell you.

get your paws on a par meter.

the money spent will save you a lot of PITA and pay off in yield. LED is certainly no place for guesswork......

best of luck, keen on your Peak cross for sure!

Fitzera

since it can't, i'll tell you.

get your paws on a par meter.

the money spent will save you a lot of PITA and pay off in yield. LED is certainly no place for guesswork......

best of luck, keen on your Peak cross for sure!

Thanks brother! I'm also very keen on that cross, I tried searching to see if anyone else had grown it out but couldn't find any logs. I'll get some better pictures very soon to show their structure...the male has really impressed me! There looks to me to be alot of potential in them.

Grab a infrared thermometer while you're at and get your leaf temps up to 27C

You already grow organic dank, I predict a 15% increase in trics/terps once you have the QB dialed (if you're gonna use one in flower)

How many hours are you running the QB? Sounds like you might be overdoing it with your DLI because the QB puts alot more light down. Get your PAR reading and use a DLI calculator.

I use the lux meter in this vid, it's $30, and the PAR conversion charts are at the end of the vid.
[YOUTUBEIF]YiVVAePNtXo[/YOUTUBEIF]

I'm gonna hop the the Amazon right now! I'd run I town to grab the thermometer but my truck is frozen solid right now. Loooooove this weather.

I do have the temperature in the tent set to 26 on the heater but it's rages from 24-26. But the thermometer is definitely the answer to stop my guesswork.

I've currently got the timer set for 18/6. I'm still going to use the phone app for today, while it won't give me proper readings, it should at least give me an idea of the difference in par for the various heights and areas.

Thanks for the link dots! And the kind words :kiss: lol