What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 and Afghaan 90 - 90's Nostalgia Nugs...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best first :D. Have already taken two of her branches at day 50. Just to test harvest dates. ;) She reeks of sugary pineapple candy, overpowers everything in the vicinity. Has very nice thick large calyx'd buds. If I'd dialed in the environment better I think I'd have gotten a better yield, but there''s always next time.

Plant shot (minus the two branches) Day 52:
View Image

c99 Day 52 top Shot:
View Image

Yield for plant: 72g, roughly 2.5 oz, not bad considering I didn't veg for that long. I reckon she could be a good yielder with a decent veg and lst. The bud structure is dense so that helps.

Smell: Sweet Pineapple Candy, very strong, open the jar and it immediately fills the room.

Taste: Pretty much as she smells with a bit more of a citrus bite. Almost Pina Colada on the exhale.

High: Very cerebral and focused. Physically and mentally relaxing, great for anxiety and tension, but mostly felt in the head. Very much get shit done weed. Once you decide to do something you focus in on it and once done you want to move to the next 'project'. Smoke too much though and all you'll want to focus on is the TV. Has a a ceiling, but takes a bit of indulging to get there. Not very munchy inducing.

Music: Makes me really into guitar/classic rock and the blues. Been jamming Hendrix, SRV, ZZ top, and CCR this morning while having my wake and bake and coffee.

View Image

Very nice indeed:tiphat:

Brother Nature

Afghaan 90 #2 final report

Afghaan 90 #2 final report

Overall this plant is pretty good, probably could have let her go a week longer but still happy with the end product, though she was a bitch to trim. She has a very 'classic' weed look, taste, and high to me, definitely different from a lot of the modern hybrids.

Yield for plant: 62g. Has the potential for a lot more, but she was only in a 2.7l pot and I didn't veg her that long or train her much. Would make an excellent sog plant.

Smell: Complex haha. It's hard to pinpoint, but I'd say it's mostly burnt rubber, dark chocolate, a bit of coffee and pine and a nice bit of sweet fruitiness to top it all off.

Taste: Very much coffee with a sweet fermented fruit like taste.

High: Very relaxing is the best way to put it. Just makes everything around you feel great, like nothing can go wrong in life. No ceiling I can find either, but also no anxiety when overindulging so that should be good for less seasoned smokers. Definitely induces munchies.

Music: It really doesn't focus me to any particular style, it makes everything just sound a little better.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dried Afghaan 90:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Day of harvest:[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

Midbio

Thank you Brother Nature for the report. Ive got some Afghan 90 from RSC on the way right now and after seeing your report I can't wait to get them going

Brother Nature

Thank you Brother Nature for the report. Ive got some Afghan 90 from RSC on the way right now and after seeing your report I can't wait to get them going

No worries mate, hadn't seen a good report on these online yet so thought I'd do one. :) I've got another pheno still going currently that is longer flowering and a bit different than the one above, she should be dry and ready in about two weeks, so will have a report on her then as well. I highly recommend this plant if you like indicas. :D

Brother Nature

gg4 x SFV kush final report

gg4 x SFV kush final report

This plant surprised me, she vegged very slow, didn't have much of a smell in flower, and stretched a lot, but ended up producing nearly 5 oz's. It's very nice bud as well, has a nice smell now it's finished up, think the c99 and Afghaans just over powered it in the tent. She got about 3 weeks longer in veg than the other plants too.

Yield for plant: 137g, slow vegger but stretched a good bit in flower, in a 6l pot as well.

Smell: Lemon cleaning product with a piney scent and something else I just cant put my finger on.

Taste: Mostly lemony/piney, but has an interesting after taste of what I can only describe as lavender incense, it's very nice. As tasty as the c99 but different.

High: Strong, squinted, red eyed, stupid grin on the face high. Can be paranoia inducing if over indulging in public, great stay at home on a rainy day and play video games or watch movie weed.

Music: Hip Hop or anything with simple slow beats. Think Griselda records...

gg4 x SFV dried shot:
picture.php

Happy Times

Switched them into flower a few days back (4 I think, have had a long long weekend so can't remember if it was Friday or Thursday I did it). Reduced the feed to ec 1.2 and raised the lights a bit, they seem to have improved a fair bit and are drinking a lot each day. Not too much stretch, but the gg4 x sfv is still bulking out, as is the c99, probably a little more to do with the larger containers (6l) but the Afghaans are stretching a little bit too in their 3.5l containers. Took 3 clones from each plant, all 12 managed to root within 7-10 days, so that's always promising. On to the pics...

Top shot of the first Afghaan 90:
View Image

Side shot Afghaan 90:
View Image

GG4 x SFV top shot:
View Image

Second Afghaan 90 plant top shot:
View Image

c99 top shot:
View Image

The GG4 x SFV looks wicked vigorous

Brother Nature

The other Afghaan 90

The other Afghaan 90

Forgot to post the dried review of the other Afghaan 90. She went to 10 weeks before showing a decent amount of amber trichs, had very thin leaves for an Indica as well.

Yield for plant: 82g. She was very very leafy, but the nice, covered in trichs sort of leaf. Ended up with an additional 33g of very tasty looking trim, should be good for edibles.

Smell: After trimming she had a bit of a different smell. It's got a very fermented citrus smell to it, with a bit of burnt rubber, skunk, and herbs to it.

Taste: Very herbal, with a heavy hash feel to it.

High: Stronger than I expected. Easily as strong as the gg4 cross, but a very different high, very indica in nature, but also very clear and mellow, a good cerebral aspect to it too. No anxiety, makes you want to go for a walk in nature and when you do you appreciate things a little more, the grass is greener and the trees are happier.

Music: Makes pretty much any music better, been jamming bluegrass more with this strain.

picture.php

Midbio

Brother Nature, I ran my Afghaan 90's over the summer and ended up with 4 of the taller, more sativa leaning phenos. Very similar to what you described for your longer flowering Afghaan 90. I took mine down at 9 weeks and they all had that fermented citrus and herbal type of smell. Really great effects on mine, very "sativa" type of high but with these crazy body effects. My buds came out a little more loose than yours appear so I only averaged about 40 grams per plant. All in all a great variety, had one male to pollinate the other three so im now sitting on probably thousands of seeds to keep the line going, probably IBL it and work heavily towards the narrow leaf side of this line, really unique for an Afghan so definitely something special there.

Brother Nature

Hey Mid, I ran both these outdoors for the season following this and was very impressed. I actually liked it better than the indoor bud. Awesome you made seeds, I've crossed her with two different male C99's and the offspring have been pretty amazing so far. Can't really do photos at the moment due to security concerns, but man am I impressed with the results. It makes me wonder why people hype these new fruity candy flavored strains when they can just cross the classics and come up with some knock-your-socks off buds.

ArtOfSelection

great work from kwik seeds, seemingly legit regular c99... at a great price ..allot of the fem offerings seem to have admixtur, with flowering times wayy off