Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C99 and Afghaan 90 - 90's Nostalgia Nugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew out Afghan 90 this past summer . I ended up with four females that were sativa looking in late flower . After harvest I am drying and curing . I did try a small bud and thought it was quite stony . She has a strong sweet smell to her . With a six week cure in a C vault she will be much much better . Enjoy !

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBart View Post
      I grew out Afghan 90 this past summer . I ended up with four females that were sativa looking in late flower . After harvest I am drying and curing . I did try a small bud and thought it was quite stony . She has a strong sweet smell to her . With a six week cure in a C vault she will be much much better . Enjoy !

Thanks Bart, good to know others have grown her and enjoyed it. I'll try to give her a good cure, I'm pretty bad at doing that though, I smoke too much haha. Maybe I just need to grow more then...
      "No Nation has ever benefited
      From a protracted war"
      -Sun Tzu

Comment

After my post I took a bud out of my C-Vault . She smells like chocolate and berry-ish hash now I still have a few weeks to go but I like her more and more . If you can afford to set some aside for a cure You will see a big difference . Enjoy !

Comment

Day 20

At day 20 now. The stretch has stopped and the canopy is pretty full, started pk 13/14 for a week, will repeat at week 5. The c99 is frosting up already, smelling of dank pineapple. The second Afghaan is bulking up quite well already, think she'll be a decent producer. Afghaan 1 hasn't really kicked into gear yet but still has a nice rosemary/herbal smell. The GG4 x SFV stretched the most and should be a decent producer as well.

Tent shot:

Afghaan 90 1:

gg4 x SFV:

Afghaan 90 2:

c99:
          From a protracted war"
          -Sun Tzu

Comment

Close up shots

Afghaan 90 1:

c99:

Afghaan 90 2:

Fasciated Afghaan 90 top:

Side shot of canopy:
            From a protracted war"
            -Sun Tzu

Comment

Day 29

Week 4 is up. Things are swinging along very well, things are frosting up and starting to get chunk on each plant. The c99 is smelling like a sweet citrusy pineapple and frosting up well, the Afghaan 90's are both very different but looking pretty good now, first one is still very herbal with some fruitiness creeping in, the buds are stacking well on her now, quite leafy, but still happy with her. Number 2 is getting pretty dense, think she'll be a big producer, smell is earthy and hashy. The gg4 x sfv is weird, she's putting up a good amount of resin, but there's almost no smell to her, it's strange. On to the pics...

Whole tent top shot:

Whole tent side shot:

Afghaan 90 1:

Afghaan 90 2:

c99:
              From a protracted war"
              -Sun Tzu

Comment

c99 bud close up:

Afghaan 1 bud close up:

gg4 x sfv bud close up:

Top down shot gg4 x sfv:

Top down shot Afghaan 90 1:
                From a protracted war"
                -Sun Tzu

Comment

c99 top down shot:

Afghaan 90 2 top down shot:

Fasciated bud from Afghaan 90 2:
                  From a protracted war"
                  -Sun Tzu

Comment

Day 40

At day 40 now. Will do multiple posts with each plant in each post from now on.

First off, the gg4 x SFV. Definitely the bulkiest plant this run, still not much smell, good frost, thick buds.

Top down shot:

Close up bud shot - Day 40 flower:
                    From a protracted war"
                    -Sun Tzu

Comment

Afghaan 90 #2:

She's starting to look like the one in the first photo on RSC's website. Smell is very hashy and earthy, with a bit of fermented fruit smell developing. Looks to be a decent and relatively quick producer. This was the one that developed fasciation on one of the tops.

Top down shot:

Close Up shot - Day 40 flower:
                      From a protracted war"
                      -Sun Tzu

Comment

Afghaan 90 #1:

This plant is somewhat surprising. Started off relatively slow and un-promising, but now is the most exciting of the bunch. Still has the herbal/rosemary smell, but has developed a greasy diesely smell in flower, it's really nice. She is also really greasy to the touch. Pretty cool to have two Afghaan phenos.

Afghaan 90 #1 top down shot:

Afghaan 90 #1 top down bud shot - Day 40:

Afghaan 90 #1 side bud shot - Day 40:

Afgfhaan 90 #1 top shot again:
                        From a protracted war"
                        -Sun Tzu

Comment

c99:

Didn't really do this plant justice this round, none the less she's looking pretty good. She was a bit more finicky and more sensitive to the environment than the other plants. Smell is straight pineapple candy, over powers everything else in the room. Nugs look to be pretty solid, but not as large as the other plants, good resin coverage.

c99 top down shot - Day 40:

c99 side shot - Day 40:

c99 top shot close up - Day 40:
                          From a protracted war"
                          -Sun Tzu

Comment

Looking great. I have A90 in the veg room, headed to flower next week after cuts root. Seed run.

Looks like your only a couple weeks from a smoke test!

Comment

Those ladies are finishing up really nice,

Nice description on the Afgan 90 as I snagged several packets recently.
                              They sound so old school.

Happy growing and best wishes.

Comment

Thanks guys, can't wait for a smoke test. The Afghans are pretty much like the description at RSC, 2 different phenos, one more thin leaveds and the other more squat and indica, can't wait to see how they differ in smoke. Looks like Afghaan 2 will be ready at 8 weeks the Afghaan 1 I'll probably take at weeks 9 - 10. The c99 looks like she could be done at around week 7, 75% of the trichs are cloudy at the moment. Best of luck with your guys' A90s.
                                From a protracted war"
                                -Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X