What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking very good and kudos for the patience with the mainlining!
What I saw earlier on, when you were saying they are displaying femal parts: I think they were still well in veg mode, nothing like proper flowering.
So, all done right Sir.
Best of luck!
CC

PCBuds

This leaf was probably rubbing up against that stem...

20210412_134937.jpg

Sampas92

Just newbin
miss squirrel i dont find that she had slowed down because of that, because she always had one or 2 leafs like that, i remember reading something about this but i dont remember where or when

PCBuds i have tought about that, but i dont have circulation that causes them to move..the thing is, all of the leafs already born like this, they dont even have scar tissue (if i can call it like that) they are healthy like any other leaf, just parts missing kkkk

Sampas92

Just newbin
Red diesel photofem day 13 since sprout
Not a big difference, since the 7th day when i gave her a tiny bit of water she is telling me that she doesnt like the ph, i guess she is right since my tap water is 8.5 kkkk
she is a bit leggy but i added that 5cmx5cm pc fan and it moves quite a bit of air and now she dances along, also i raised her a bit to the light
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210413_224928.jpg Views:	9 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	17831753
general view
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210413_224439.jpg Views:	9 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	17831755

The white bottle of water on the ground have 4 clones that im trying to root straight in the medium directly from the plant for the first time..i use one of those small hygrometers that guys use in jars to know the rh and inside of it is 88% rh
yesterday they were all floppy and down and today they are a bit more stiff and upright.
they were cuted 3 days ago on the second day went into the bottle..i cover them and i let them air for 30mnts everyday, no clone gel used
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210413_224439.jpg Views:	9 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	17831755

Also ive been playing with my rooted clones
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210413_224928.jpg Views:	9 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	17831753

The new clones that im trying to root exist cause i prune my skunk..i went with the opinion of some and i already was leaning toward that way cause even if she was beautifull and bushy, i feel it was too much for the space i have so i cuted a top from every branch and i cut some lower side branches..all the cuts were clean, with a sharp desinfected blade
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210413_230105.jpg Views:	9 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	17831757
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210413_230105.jpg Views:	9 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	17831757

I raised the light when i prune her and they still are in the same place to let her recover..she is stunt growing, slowly and showing me internode growth like when stretching for flowering, again, like the first time i prune her hard like this one, so tomorrow im going to switch the schedule to 12/12 and on the 7th day im going to drop the lights to were they were, when i see that she is fully recovered wich i hope is on the 14 day mark, im going to add 4x philips 13w 1521lm 2700k

Peace :tiphat:

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I suspect leaf minors. Like tiny caterpillars that never seem to come out. They can eat parts that should of grown into more. Perhaps pull a leaf and have a look through it with a torch behind it. They do look a bit lumpy in places. I had them long ago, so my memory is hazy. Look them up.

Sampas92

Just newbin
I suspect leaf minors. Like tiny caterpillars that never seem to come out. They can eat parts that should of grown into more. Perhaps pull a leaf and have a look through it with a torch behind it. They do look a bit lumpy in places. I had them long ago, so my memory is hazy. Look them up.

Everyday i check on her, under the leafs etc, and i dont see anything regarding bugs, but they can pass unnoticed. I will bump my neem foliar.

the thing is i think i remember them starting to grow like this since they sprout.
ill try to look for something that shouldnt be there

Thanks bro

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Edit: I just checked some pics and they leave a more obvious trail than I remember. It's not minors.

Maybe just something grazing on it's way through. Not a lot growing at this time of year I imagine? making your buffet a good place to eat

Those bumps in the tissue between the veins though, it's very familiar and I don't think it's right.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Thanks Chevy cHaze , growing an autoflowet while vegging :)

Yeah she was and still very much in veg, i think it is just a stress response from removing material from her..

Caio sup bro? You think? I had a couple of leafs like this on my zkittles.. and on this girl it is not a generalized thing, just here and there, im open tp all possibilities, im not stressed about it..

f-e thanks on that thread bro, it looks similar, but then again, they look to already sprout like this like mine, but either way, later in the day im going to carefully look for something

or maybe is just leafs rubbing each other like you said PCBuds

miss squirrel

HAPPY 420 TO EVERYONE, I HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE AN AWESOME PUFFIN DAY :D

Returned.

I am running on 64w sils on abused plants and I think I will have a lot. u and pcbuds have good grows. I hurt my plants and they are a good amount. i hurt my pants with too much SILS lite, you have to be gentle now I have a big plant added 8 days ago how much do you think i will get

I use 4 bulbs only otherwise burned plants which i did a couple of times and almost killed them with over fert and under. now they are this size and it's too much so i made a 2 liter for my new plants less size that way

gro.jpg

PCBuds

I am running on 64w sils on abused plants and I think I will have a lot. u and pcbuds have good grows. I hurt my plants and they are a good amount. i hurt my pants with too much SILS lite, you have to be gentle now I have a big plant added 8 days ago how much do you think i will get

I use 4 bulbs only otherwise burned plants which i did a couple of times and almost killed them with over fert and under. now they are this size and it's too much so i made a 2 liter for my new plants less size that way

I've made A LOT of mistakes with my grow as you've seen if you've read through my thread.

Most of it is trial and error, and it takes a while to get into a workable routine.
The most important thing that I've learned is patience, LIFTA and KISS.
(I still struggle with those. Lol)

I've found that some things are more important than others, like right now, my closet plant is at 30°C and 27% humidity.
That's WAY into the red on the vapor pressure deficit chart, but the plant is fine.
I think it may even be helping to make some better buds ??

The things that I've found to be most important are, lighting, as much as the plant can stand.

Proper nutes at the correct rates.

And proper PH.

I've had great luck since I switched to 50/50 coco coir, perlite and now I don't have to worry about over/under watering.

I just keep it wet and she won't drown.

One thing that I question is that according to the math and science, 4 bulbs at 1 foot above the plant, is the same as 1 identical bulb 6 inches from the plant.

I don't buy it.

I think 4 bulbs at twice the distance is a better option and the plant will benefit.

PCBuds

... now I have a big plant added 8 days ago how much do you think i will get...

Aiming for around 1 gram per Watt is a good reference point.

I've found that when I mess up and my plant suffers in some way, the plant always seems to recover, but the plant seems to take longer to finish.
Even with the Autoflowers that I grow, they just seem to take longer even though they are supposed to finish at a set time.

Cannabis seems to be a really tough plant.
It can take a lot of abuse and still produce.

And don't ever give up on a plant until you know it is completely dead.
They can make miraculous recoveries.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi miss squirrel, welcome to my thread.
do like i did, buy a cheap lux meter, then look at this
Screenshot_20210116-193522_Chrome.jpg

user242989_pic1656942_1475472876.jpg

see what you get on your readings according to this guide line and it will be much better for them :)

Sampas92

Just newbin
Kindergarten
20210423_224649.jpg

20210423_224653.jpg

20210423_224658.jpg

My skunk suffered a bit in the past week from too much light wich delayed the recovery from her, also she didnt stretch by now cause of it, 2 days ago i bought some goodies for the ladies and i gave her bioheaven and bactohemp, get the ligths how they should be and she is recovering nicely
20210423_001627.jpg
20210423_000920.jpg

she looks like me in the summer, too much light and sunburn
20210423_000901.jpg

PCBuds

... My skunk suffered a bit in the past week from too much light wich delayed the recovery from her, also she didnt stretch by now cause of it,

I don't think that she suffered.

I think she was just adjusting to the new amount of light.

I think that the plant knows that she doesn't need to stretch to reach more light.

There is plenty where she sits...

2 days ago i bought some goodies for the ladies and i gave her bioheaven and bactohemp, get the ligths how they should be and she is recovering nicely...

I don't think that can hurt at all..

She needs more nutrition to utilize all the new light she is consuming.

Light Is the paramount key factor.

The other parameters need to be ready to take care of her.

Make sure that her treats are balanced and not too much or too little of anything.

she looks like me in the summer, too much light and sunburn...

I look white in the spring, but I have a dark tan by fall.

I enter the sun gradually and get used to it...

I believe that plants do the same thing.

I don't see purple stems as a bad thing or a sign of problems.

Every plant that I've grown in my closet with the LED strips have had purple EVERYWHERE...

I think purples are just a sign of the plants reaction to lots of light.

I've grown more than a few plants in my 21" X 21" X 48" space that have produced more than 400 grams of REALLY GOOD WEED off a single plant/seed...

They were completely purple...

I don't think purple is a sign of trouble...

I think it's a sign of just enough light...

My opinion and experience anyways...

Let nature take it's course...

PCBuds

This is my plant that I just cut...
Lots of purple stripes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210424_094824.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	17840763

This is the plant before that...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210424-102424_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	17840764

I think that if your leaves still look healthy and aren't looking bleached, then the purple color can be ignored.

Even if the leaves are showing signs of stress, I've found that they adjust and get used to more light in a while.

Your total yeild in the end is directly proportional to the amount of light Watts, regardless of all the other parameters.

That's been my experience anyway, and I tend to do things differently.

I think that the purple stems and branches look pretty fricken kool !!! Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts