What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

PCBuds

Looks good to me.

Your plant may be a little late in the end, but you'll know where you stand by then.

PCBuds

Yeah maybe, at least im learning for the next one.

Don't think about the next one.

The one you've got now is looking great.!!

You're only behind by a few days. You can dial her up, and dial her in to where you want her now.

My last plant went for something like 16 weeks before I harvested. (I forget?)

A few days don't mean squat.

Make this your best plant.
Not the next one.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking good man! But don't strangle her with too much love. I mean I see you want to do everything perfect and that's good but just let her grow. 1-2 sils is enaugh for first 10 days for one plant. Don't worry. Also you have too many temp probes. Don't worry that much about everything. Give her good environment and she will grow well.
Good luck with the grow! :lurk:

PCBuds

Looking good man! But don't strangle her with too much love. I mean I see you want to do everything perfect and that's good but just let her grow. 1-2 sils is enaugh for first 10 days for one plant. Don't worry. Also you have too many temp probes. Don't worry that much about everything. Give her good environment and she will grow well.
Good luck with the grow! :lurk:

What he said ^^^^^

Don't try to grow a plant like this...

Try to grow your girl like this...

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
So some things, today the day was pretty cold, ice cold, and dry, so my groe during the day untill now was getting 50-55 rh, one window of the room where the grow is was open grrr
I closed, fill up my humidifier and i managing 55 - 65, lower the exctraction speed to recover the temp and humi from opening the grow and now the exctration is on the normal speed again the temps stabilized at 26c by the hydrostat (25 cannopy) and the rh around 60% (~2%)
Thanks for the support exploziv, been here for along time, 2006, its lovely to see very "old" and experienced growers helping novices along the years.
So remember that yesterday i turned on the 4th sill,having now 2x 27k9w 720lm and 2x 65k above her, my lux is around 9000-1000, she liked it, the growth is very noticeable, some pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I guess and hope, that now that the second pair is at the same size of the first one, even if small nonetheless, that she start to put some serious growth..
See ya

Sampas92

Just newbin
:D

:D

Heres the end of the day
Like always get to see her and spray the soil a little bit, and i found my girl praying a lot to the lord :D
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After seeing this im sure the first pair of leaves are damaged in some way.
In general i think it adapted pretty quickly to the added light, now i wanna see how much she will stretch and grow..for now im keeping the soil moist day by day with the spray bottle with bottle water, bubbled for areation some time before spraying it..
Im thinking of get neem oil for future foliar sprays for preventive meausure, one of the problems one of the previous seeds was gnats, and for ive read online on more advanced growth stages, i dont want that shit here again.
Im happy guys, have a good day guys

Sampas92

Just newbin
I put the new seed in the soil on the opposite side of the other..
Hi guys, so i said this on December first, i was way high when i did this so now i have 2 seedlings, the second one sprouted today during the 4 hours of dark, so today December 5 is the day one for her, i present to you guys, Jane
picture.php

picture.php

So tiny : D
Now lets see how Mary is doing
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sampas92

Just newbin
picture.php

I think she is growing nicelly now, im just keeping the soil kinda moist and watching her grow.. and her sister too now.
And a pic of the inside of my grow
picture.php

Im happy its all working, need some improvement here and there but overall i didnt spend a lot of money on all of this and it works :biggrin:
See you later guys

Sampas92

Just newbin
Night uptdate on mary
She is quite religious, everyday she prays to the lord before lights out
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have been sucessfull at keeping the soil moist, and not to much or too little i think, the humidifier being always on helps in that too..
Today the day temperature was ranging from 5 to 10c pretty coldz but my grow managend to get by wtih the temps always on point and the rh around 60% with 5% variations along the day.
See ya tomorrow
Peace

PCBuds

Night uptdate on mary
She is quite religious, everyday she prays to the lord before lights out

My plants would always droop and start to fall asleep before lights out.

But you may be on the right track by always leaving her wanting more?

Good luck. :plant grow:

Sampas92

Just newbin

What see is that when the lights go out they drop.
When the lights go on the start rising and stay horizontal for the first 10 hours of lights on, for the second 10hours they start to rise up and stay upright until lights off..
To now 10 hours of lights on have passed and Mary and Jane look like this
I see differences everyday
Mary
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I already see the 4th node starting to grow.
Now i have the doubt if that colour of her in the second pair is a warning that she is starting to miss any nute, or is just her stabilize herself before she gets that natural green..

Sampas92

Just newbin
And Jane
picture.php

picture.php

Short, but healthy :biggrin:

I need to keep an eye on Mary to see if she gets hungry in the next days.
What you guys think that green is?her stabilizing before the natural green or starting to be hungry by something?
I hava calmag, grow, and bloom, all from the biobizz ready to feed her.
Any opinions?
See you later guys

PCBuds

From what I remember, you start with light nutes at about 1/4 strength, once a seedling has its second full set of leaves.

PCBuds

My plants were older with many leaves.
I think that they learned the light cycle?
They start to fall asleep about an hour before lights off.
(I don't remember if my seedlings did that?)

Sampas92

Just newbin
My plants were older with many leaves.
I think that they learned the light cycle?
They start to fall asleep about an hour before lights off.
(I don't remember if my seedlings did that?)

My plants dont start to sleep 1 hour before and im certain of that, even yesterday i was watching her 10 mnts before lights off and she was praying ..

When you say about the nutes on the second pair of leaves, you saying on soil or in hydro?
Everywheere i see they say to let the soil run out off nutes and the plants will say whrn they need something..the light mix from biobizz that ive been using they say its good for two weeks..
I need to keep an eye in her, my only doubt is if she is still stabilizing before getting the right green or she is telling me she is starting to lack something..i need to research and i need to examine her on sun light instead on the lights.

PCBuds

The way I understand it is that sprouts and seedlings can't handle any nutes until they have two sets of leaves.

Apparently, even prenuted potting soil, like promix can be too much for a seedling.

I use seedling starting mix and coco/perlite with no nutes to start a seedling and don't add nutes until her second set of leaves is the same size as the first set.

I'm not sure about hydro, but I assume it's the same.

PCBuds

If your cotyledons start to turn pale or yellow, the plant is pulling nutrients from them, and the plant can use some nutrients.

If you are dialed in just right, the cotyledons will stay a dark green until the plant is weeks old and they finally dry up and fall off.

Sampas92

Just newbin
If your cotyledons start to turn pale or yellow, the plant is pulling nutrients from them, and the plant can use some nutrients.

If you are dialed in just right, the cotyledons will stay a dark green until the plant is weeks old and they finally dry up and fall off.

I know about that thing of the cotyledons, the thing is that the colour is just only on the second pair, the first and the cotyledons didnt change..anyway, i will act fast if she needs something..ill see tomorrow..