What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Klompen's (somewhat less chaotic) Winter 2020 QB Project

negative37dBA

Veteran
Losing keepers is a tough thing. I have lost one that I regret for sure. Sorry to hear that. Try not to stress about what you cannot change. I know old school is cool but there are some real nice fire strains out there you can get now. May be look at getting a few beans from a good breeder. I trust Ocean Grown Genetics by Vader. They are real transparent on where there stuff comes from and have a great youtube series of vids.
My lady is doing awesome now. Interesting story. I feel like THC helps kill cancer cells. My girl had smoked for a long while but then gave it up for a couple years...that was when she got cancer interestingly enough. She had to go through the full 6 months of chemo and that nearly killed her. The way we treat cancer in the US is just ridiculous. She just got past her 5 year anniversary and that is a big deal. Blood is totally normal now, she had leukemia, and she takes THC daily now. She says she will never go through that again. She would rather die than go back through the treatments. Hopefully she will be healthy for quite a while. I felt like the hospital just forced her to go through all those treatments cause they make a shitload of money off it. 6 treatments cost over 18k each!!! What bullshit.
I get all tech and geeky about growing to...I love the equipment and all the specs and numbers. That's 1 reason I grow hydro cause you have so much control and you get to use a bunch of cool stuff. Plus the growth rates just can't be beat. I am getting ready to install a full 2", 4 site undercurrent system in the room for the next run. Looking forward to having bigger modules(8 gallon) and a larger volume of water to make things a bit more stable. I have totally moved to water for all stages of growth. I use a aero cloner to start seeds and clones. Flood and drain for the veg and then RDWC for flower. Have not used dirt for over 2 years now. Do not miss it either..its just so dirty..lol.
Have a awesome day! Peace, negative.
Thought I would drop a little photo of my GG4 at day 61 here. I am less than a week from harvest. This bud I pulled today and it was 30" from the lights. Some nice trich coverage.
Reeking of gas! :)
fetch?photoid=17855626.jpg

Klompen

Losing keepers is a tough thing. I have lost one that I regret for sure. Sorry to hear that. Try not to stress about what you cannot change. I know old school is cool but there are some real nice fire strains out there you can get now. May be look at getting a few beans from a good breeder. I trust Ocean Grown Genetics by Vader. They are real transparent on where there stuff comes from and have a great youtube series of vids.
My lady is doing awesome now. Interesting story. I feel like THC helps kill cancer cells. My girl had smoked for a long while but then gave it up for a couple years...that was when she got cancer interestingly enough. She had to go through the full 6 months of chemo and that nearly killed her. The way we treat cancer in the US is just ridiculous. She just got past her 5 year anniversary and that is a big deal. Blood is totally normal now, she had leukemia, and she takes THC daily now. She says she will never go through that again. She would rather die than go back through the treatments. Hopefully she will be healthy for quite a while. I felt like the hospital just forced her to go through all those treatments cause they make a shitload of money off it. 6 treatments cost over 18k each!!! What bullshit.
I get all tech and geeky about growing to...I love the equipment and all the specs and numbers. That's 1 reason I grow hydro cause you have so much control and you get to use a bunch of cool stuff. Plus the growth rates just can't be beat. I am getting ready to install a full 2", 4 site undercurrent system in the room for the next run. Looking forward to having bigger modules(8 gallon) and a larger volume of water to make things a bit more stable. I have totally moved to water for all stages of growth. I use a aero cloner to start seeds and clones. Flood and drain for the veg and then RDWC for flower. Have not used dirt for over 2 years now. Do not miss it either..its just so dirty..lol.
Have a awesome day! Peace, negative.
Thought I would drop a little photo of my GG4 at day 61 here. I am less than a week from harvest. This bud I pulled today and it was 30" from the lights. Some nice trich coverage.
Reeking of gas! :)

Great to hear she's doing better. We're all on a limited clock but that's no reason to hurry things along. I'm glad this amazing plant has helped so much. I find it helps with so many things. Unfortunately it seems to have no positive effect on RLS symptoms so far as I have ever found, but it still treats many other serious issues she and I have. Unfortunately we both have to smoke quite a lot to get what we need out of it. Maybe we just haven't gotten our quality good enough, but it takes a lot to feel ok and feel like I want food. We both have such a bad relationship with food. Conventional medicine hasn't done anything but make it worse for her and mostly worse for me(to be fair, a few surgeries have been helpful, but otherwise doctors have been frustratingly ineffective). If they can't throw a prescription or expensive test at it, it seems too much bother to figure it out. At least we can make our time on this Earth nicer and healthier with this fine plant. I just really need them to ease up on the laws or something because we really would be a lot better off with a garden full of it. I wish moving to a more reasonable place was an option, but it just isn't for a lot of reasons unfortunately.

You have my respect for going hydro but I doubt I will ever do it. Its doesn't have that "forget about it for a few days" potential that semi soil mixes like mine do. I know there's tradeoffs, but its too much work and products for me lol.... What I use is soil, but its composition makes it very hard to drown or dry out. They don't like it, but I can go as long as 30 days sometimes without watering them and they will be fine. I'm currently running approximately 9 gallon bags that have a mix of coir, verm, perlite, worm castings, and a little bit of peat, composted cocoa mulch, expanded silica, and a mix of fertilizers and minerals(I use zeolite and quartzite in my mulch layers, as well as fine silica sand). Its soil, but it also is very hard to drown thanks to that coco and vermiculite. My main mistake this last time was skimping on silica and not being aggressive enough with feeding her. Also, apparently russet hemp mites....

I took J1 out and sprayed her yesterday. She got neem oil, peppermint, thyme, and a bunch of other natural pesticides. I think I am getting them under control. Hopefully I can lay off the neem oil soon. I have chrysanthemum spray concentrate, but that stuff is kind of scary. Its extremely toxic for a day or two and then its rapidly neutralized. Its that extremely toxic period that worries me. I can't use anything that toxic around the cats and I have no other place to take them and spray them that animals don't go often. I need to do everything I can to crank up the humidity. I have found in the past that spider mites are easy to defeat if you can hit them with high humidity and huge temperature swings(alternating between chilly and hot). Russet hemp mites are even smaller than spider mites and leave no webbing so I had no idea what I was up against. I had eliminated a variety of other pests, but they just weren't getting better. On J1, the majority of the canopy looks healthy but there's one branch that just kept looking sickly and hopefully now that I have thoroughly sprayed them we'll see some improvement. I'm just starting to get bud formation across the canopy. I don't think she'll be done before we run out, but maybe through some miracle we'll get a good yield and quality out of her.

GG looks nice! Looks really healthy and frosty :)

Klompen

Just a quick update of my struggling grow. I am getting the hemp mites under control finally, but the grow has suffered badly for it. We're almost out of Gooey 13 and Loud N' Proud already. We're heavy medical users and it has gone fast :( I was getting some really overpriced and very old flavorless brick weed, but now I can't even get that :( We might be running out in the next 48 hours and that is really depressing :(

Sad shots of Gooey 13 buds. She smells and smokes beautifully, but we just didn't get enough out of her that time around :(
IMG_5347.JPG
IMG_5348.JPG

On the plus side...... J1 Hashplant is doing great and I have good clones of Summer Breeze and one good clone of Gooey 13 going now. Summer Breeze will be the next one going to flower after J1 is finished. I have a lot of work to do before then to bulk her up.

IMG_5359.JPG

That's the veg chamber. I have more seeds starting but the cat attacked my plants again today and that is a big setback.

Last but not least here are a couple shots of J1. She's really starting to get some flowers on her now!

IMG_5361.JPG

Then of course a top view:

IMG_5360.JPG

Lastly a good close shot:

IMG_5362.JPG

negative37dBA

Veteran
Looking nice there. Some good bid sites developing on that top view shot. They are looking pretty healthy!
Have a great day! Peace, negative.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Klompen,

Bummer about the pest and hermies. I hope you get them sorted out. I had some hermit issues this last round.. hopefully I don't get to many seeds. I hope you are able to get things situated.

Klompen

Thanks for stopping by guys. I haven't been able to get on here as much as I like, but I should have some more updates soon here. I think the hermies are being caused by the stress from the hemp mites. I am so glad Negative mentioned those because they're so small its almost impossible to spot them by accident. Under the microscope there is no doubt though. Fingers crossed, J1 will be a real gem. She has a terrible name, but her heritage is actually pretty top-tier.

I didn't want to blame any of the seeds for the herming, but other than a couple of them it definitely wasn't their fault. Only the one LNP and the two Killer Orange hermed with enthusiasm. All the others stopped as soon as the stress eased up. I have a good clone of Gooey 13 and hopefully will have a couple clones of J1 here soon. I have 3 Summer Breeze Trifoil clones going as well. I had planted more seeds, but my one cat got into the cabinet AGAIN and fucking rampaged in there. Half of my soil for my veg plants was outside of the planters. I was not happy! I have unlimited forgiveness for cats though and I will just have to do a better job keeping her out(it has not been easy). She really likes to eat my one pesticide(its just peppermint and thyme though). Its so aggravating. So I think only one seedling of Mountain Temple made it. The rest got cat culled(I think that's gotta be a new term lol)