What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

G

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. dayummmm:biggrin:
Quality and quantity is a fine line and it looks like y'all walking it.

antheis

Veteran
looking fire in there lou.
i can only imagine the funk that hits you when the flower door gets opened.

LouDog420

Thanks guys... Switching up from the shitty cell phone pics for some quality pictures of the quality ;)

OG Chem, 35 days...

51103853062_28d79b6eaf_k.jpg

51104861050_9d816a53ed_k.jpg

Have to upload photos to flickr since IC uploader keeps giving error upload when using the "Upload Attachments" button on the post... After uploading to flickr, trying to "Upload from URL" doesn't work either, giving an invalid file error. At least the old site could handle photos despite downscaling dramatically. Now, the uploader is useless with any high res photo it seems... Old Site >>> new site: just one of a dozen things.

Feeling like I'm on the titanic here :violin:

But... the grow is absolutely crushing it :dance:

80F, 55-60%rh, feeding ~750ppms with weekly flush, CO2 staying steady between 600 and 900ppms. A tiny bit of tip burn on some girls, and a tiny bit of claw, watching those and have dropped N.

DSD is doing a very light fade on some fans, and showing light tip burn, seemingly indicating under and over feeding at the same time. Thinking she might be a bit light sensitive and the bit of fade is actually due to very mild but prolonged light burn. The fade affects fans closest to bulbs, and looks like N deficiency as it starts, with the leaf going very slowly light green then yellow, then the leaf goes necrotic from the tip down towards the petiole, turning brown and crunchy. It usually gets half way down the finger before it falls off or we pull it. Flowers are doing great, and the problem is only mildly visible, but have pulled maybe a dozen fans since flip that do this and a few more are continuing, always closet to the light it seems. Not a big deal, but something is slightly out of wack, and not the first time she's done this.

Good vibes :plant grow:

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Yeah......Not sure bout this place with all the hiccups and bullshit hoops ta jump through to figure out website navigation.....Eeeeerthang shrunk down and just weird.....dunno.....Regardless....Garden looks full Lou.....good job.....and sometimes.....You just gotta look past the plants gettin lil hinky 1 way or the other since you ain`t monocroppin , but lil claw with too much N`s not hardta deal with , and them necrotic leaves just letchas know that things could be better , but nuthins perfect with each plant havin different nutritional needs across the board.....and I`ve been wrong about saying Xmas tree type more sativa dominant growth structure is the end all be all yield producer from all those yrs of doing so , but what Youre showing me is another aspect of growth structure in more indica dominant polyhybrids , and that`s there are certain 1`s that not only grow sideways toward the lights , but also stretch vertically with what looks like wreckless abandon on your OG/Chems Lou , so.....

My old ass stands corrected xcept for still bitchin bout how long the vegtime was before flip , but a separate veg area takes care of keepin the bloom room hoonin and that`s what matters most......

Keep strokin my buddy.....Knowledge is power......Adapt or Perish.....another thing I`m pissed bout the site disappearin my damn Sig.....Take care and .....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.......

LouDog420

Hey Fred, ya, not sure what the DSD's issue is, but very minimally affected. She's still stacking heavy. Always striving for perfection though.

I'd like to grow x-mas style, and certainly see the benefit from your descriptions and watching the other gurus run them. I just don't have the space vertically (6.25'-7' ceilings depending on location in the treehouse flowering room), and only have a relatively small veg space that has to keep moms plus anything vegging for the next round... I've already thinned out the mom collection because of space issues. So generally, it's just clones of clones, and the only way to make them hang out for 8 weeks until ready for transplant to the treehouse is to hack them to pieces and train. Then clone and do it all again, wash, rinse, repeat. Need some proper tree pheno hunting and I bet we could find something real nice to fit that bill. Hoping to have the ability to run serious numbers soon...

You got it right on the OG Chem though. Surprising me more and more with how well she does as a tree. With small plants, the SQ will out yield the OGC every single time, multiple growers, different spaces, LED, HID, doesn't matter. But as trees, there's something special about the OGC I think and her ability to stack.

And I can see your sig still! There's a setting somewhere you have to click on to see signatures, if you can find user settings. Ya, the new website downgrade is rough. The new web admin hadn't been signed in since late March, as of yesterday. I think gypsy is stuck between a rock and a hard place with a half done 'upgrade' and now a lacking web dev. Maybe he's working behind the scenes, but it shouldn't take weeks for some of these small issues, and no progress on what seems to be critical failures. My $0.02, and not sure how much sharing we'll be doing if the site isn't fixed (uploader unusable for quality pictures, I've given up on albums, no rep messages, no my IC, uploading individual pics, etc, etc). I'll at least finish out this grow, and the info remains there for anyone to learn, which is always the intention. Overgrow...

On that note, a few whole plant shots... Day 36

OG Chem BX1.1 - Ganja Rebel Seeds
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210409_190002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	17828665

SQ - 4SD x Chem DD - via jm
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210409_190118-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	17828667

Double Strawberry Diesel F2 - Ganja Rebel Seeds
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210409_190118-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	17828667

Peace!
:headbange

DunHav`nFun

How long you normally run the DSD Bro......I had my Black Rose plants get yellowish and nute needy from the transfer over to LED quantum board panels , but the DSD looks farther along than the rest or my old eyes deceive me.....dunno.......I do know this......Ganja D was collaborating and growin his ass off with Humboldt Local waaaaay back when Tom Hill`s "Giant Pumpkin" thread was goin on where anything less than 10 lb plants weren`t even allowed in the thread.......that said......I`d say that your OGC`s and DSD`s were bred to be monsters from the get back in the day and Ganja Rebel never began till they had a falling out with each other and parted ways......regardless.....

I think the more you dial ,clean out insides and out along with proper watts per sq ft that sky`s the limit on room yield if monocropped....anyways......Go od luck and Hope harvey`s good to yas......

Peace......DHF......:ying:.......

LouDog420

DSD is 56 days max. She stops eating around 45, and could probably be taken as early as 49, but the extra week swell is a nice benefit. Terps start to fall off after 56 and no real benefit to swell and extra weight beyond that. She's a true 8-weeker.

Absolutely agree on Ganja D's breeding for trees. I know he also said my DSD f2 cut is very similar to the one he used to breed the seeds.

Thanks for the wisdom. Sky's the limit. Thinking we'll run 4 plants, 5 bulbs next round, OGC monocrop, and looking into setting up a LED scrog to test our luck there for the fifth plant in a 5x5 ;)

Good vibes

Last edited:

LouDog420

For those keeping score...

Last round, 3,400w of lighting for roughly 37.8w/sf. 5 plants, with two OGC (OG Chem), two SQ (Chem x Sour hybrid), and one GB (Gorilla Bubble).

Total pull was 4.63 for 0.65g/w. Another 10-12z's in popcorn. Trim and larf into sift is TBD ;)

Strain breakdowns:
OGC - 2.36 total for 0.89g/w
SQ - 1.80 total for 0.51g/w
GB - 0.48 total for 0.55g/w

OGC monocrop it is!

Some boys given to us as Kush x Neville's Haze
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210417_115025-2.jpg Views:	10 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	17835547

Last edited:
G

Hey Lou. Grams per square foot is a good measurement if you care to share. Makes all things equal considering the different light efficiency these days. 60g/sqft is what I aim for.

LouDog420

Happy with the yield for the first round. Only up to go from here. Lots more trimming of inners and focusing growth will go a long way, along with pheno selection.

Dots, I don't think the w/sf measure is as accurate in this case. I was running less than ideal wattage for the space, so we're already underutilized, and also have the unused space under bulbs... But 60g/sf is impressive :bow:. That would be more than 11lbs in this room or 1.59g/w for the previous round!! I think 8-9 is doable once we upgrade to the full 5kw, so it goes with plant count restrictions

G

Happy with the yield for the first round. Only up to go from here. Lots more trimming of inners and focusing growth will go a long way, along with pheno selection.
Fo sho fo sho
​​​​
Dots, I don't think the w/sf measure is as accurate in this case. I was running less than ideal wattage for the space, so we're already underutilized, and also have the unused space under bulbs... But 60g/sf is impressive :bow:. That would be more than 11lbs in this room or 1.59g/w for the previous round!! I think 8-9 is doable once we upgrade to the full 5kw, so it goes with plant count restrictions
I reckon you will do it. Whatever though it's looking yumeee:yummy:

G

hot damn. teach me in your ways
Hehe I said 'aim for' last pull was 56g/sqft I don't wanna spam Lous thread but I'll say that half the yield is won or lost in veg (and early flower), I get my best numbers when hands on in veg everyday.

LouDog420

Spam away dots, anyone pushing 60g/sf can post w/e the hell they want in here!!

Eyes, not sure where the casey beans are going to end up or if they're long gone... Send me a pm and we can get you sorted with reserve stock if you are still looking...

LouDog420

Catch me on IG @loudogcanna

Day 49, OGC killing it... A bit of heat stress across the room, plants are overvegged and only have so much room to pull them back before we cut off all airflow to centermost colas... Overall room temps are perfect with the mini split, but heatstress is inevitable with plants within 6-8" of 1k bulbs... Next round with new lighting layout should handle that issue... 4 plants, 5 lights, coming soon with an OGC monocrop.

DSD is coming down real soon, after which we'll adjust lighting layout to get some more space for the remaining girls and may drop some of the tighter 1k's down to 600's for finishing quality...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210422_215727.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.5 KB ID:	17839921

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210422_215727.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.5 KB ID:	17839921

Last edited:

LouDog420

Received an email informing me of issues with this thread, and it looks like posts are now being deleted, including my farewell post thanking all the old heads and IC mag for all the knowledge. It went something like I love IC but our visions just don't match up anymore. There was much more focus on the positives than the negatives. Very strange. Relevant info can be found in the 'Bug Reports' thread.

Catch me on IG @loudogcanna

Wishing everyone the best and hopefully IC can recover to its former glory in which case I hope to return.

Mods please don't delete this one so at least friends can find me. There's nothing here that's ban worthy or breaks any rules. I'd hope with near 14 years on these boards and thousands of seeds donated to IC, I can at least ask for that much...

Good vibes all