What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammers perpetual Grow journal.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cat piss pine haze pheno 2nd run ...
DSCN3891.JPG
DSCN3892.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The latest issue has been lots of seeds dying from damp off. This isn't something I see. The last time I saw this was at least 5 years ago.. Since I opened this bale of promix I've had only a few seeds make it. Up pots are fine. I do not over water. Always make sure there is a wet/dry cycle. With seedlings, I water off to the side. I'm thinking this bale has some issues?. I gave it a light spray of some grow safe bio and mixed it well. Hope that fixes this. I got a ton of seeds to test.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't use Rockwool for anything. Damping off is caused by several different pathogens that kill or weaken seeds or seedlings before or after they germinate. I don't have any issues getting viable seeds to germ. Seeds are germinated 1st before planting. It happens at about 1" tall. IMO these pathogens are in abundance in this bale of promix, with the temps in my veg space being 100f the seedlings can't fight it off. It doesn't matter what we use if those pathogens are present.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, I sprayed some Grow Safe Bio. I need to go get more bales tomorrow anyway. Promix Hp has a biofungicide.. Maybe it wasnt enough ?.

Redrum92

Ah I meant as sort of a buffer to start seedlings in, pre dirt. I've had sketchy dirt before, and if I let them get to 10 days or so in rapid rooters first, then pop rooters into dirt, they were a lot more resilient to whatever damping off I had happening in the soil, than if they were fresh seedlings started directly in the dirt. Don't know why rapid rooters seemed less prone to damping than dirt, more sterile maybe? Maybe a different situation though

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't germ seeds in soil or another growing medium. They are soaked for 48hrs any with tails are planted the rest are cracked then placed into PT..

Tome Hill Haze x P41
DSCN3937.JPG

Hammers Kush.. She is still the hardest to get cuts rooted. Takes 3x longer than anything else.
DSCN3935.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grown them out?

OOPS, I made a mistake. I have many thousands of pic of everything I've made/grown. Makes it hard to remember what I've made over the decades. I don't have the Sour Dubb clone anymore. No, I never made sdubbxmac. I made DBMH(NEM) x Mac. DBMH has sdubb in THEM. The only plans are to make SDubbS3 seeds. As a breeder plant, Sdubb has awesome terps but is not very potent. She tastes fantastic with a mellow high.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts