What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Talking about Growing, Smoking, and Collecting.

Legalcdn

Condolences also cannared. Remember the good moments and reflect.

I am about to dust the purple sat with golden tiger. if you want some, PM me.

i also have a Killer A5 haze vegging that i will dust with the golden tiger also.

Last edited:

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Sorry to hear about your loss Cannared, sounds like you were really there for your granddad,

Sampas92

Just newbin
Living with my greatgrandmother, my granddad and grandmother and mother since i was born until when i was 20, i understand somethings you said.
Remember, they all live in us, in the little details and how we are, as persons.

peace :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm going to get batteries for my microscope so I can see what the fuck these tiny larvae are
IMG_20211011_153046828.jpg

All the white spots look like tiny maggots to my naked eye. Tomorrow I will try to find a loupe or something..
I found these in my closet. I have a giant Critical Mass in in 3 gallon fabric pots. I first saw them floating in the run off. Then I looked in the half dead plant 8n the 3x3 and found them there too. Are these the cause of my dreaming Dubble's demise?
Im not sure but I haven't seen them jumping around so I don't think they are springtails, but maybe. They look like tiny worms they way they move. Springtails don't have a larval stage, they are born and just molt.
I'm really hoping they are something non harmful and they aren't the cause because that means the giant Critical Mass is next..
the cm looks great right now,but so did the DD till it didn't. Lol.
What do you guys say? I'm in coco and perilite. Any organic matter would be either water soluble Real Growers Reharge, or a small amount of leaf litter.
If it is a larval stage of something, then where the hell are the adults? There's no flys or gnats.

I treated all my pots with Venerate.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So what was the white larve?

sort it out?

No fucking clue. I applied Venerate to the soil of the plant in the closet. That plant is doing fine. No symptoms.

The plant that wilted and dried up got chopped. Both plants had the same larvae. Either the larvae and the death of the plant aren't connected or I just happen to kill them with Venerate before they killed the Critical Mass.

If the larvae didn't kill the Dreamin Dubble, I have no idea what happened. The only thing I can think of is my automatic watering system had a failure for a day or two and then came back on and worked perfectly for a few days after I discovered her wilted
Whatever happened caused the buds to dry out faster than if I had cut them down and hung to dry.

I lost alot of trichomes just removing the plant from the scrog, because it was so crispy. The buds don't smell right. It smells like hay with very little terpenes. I'm guessing the light and heat burned off the terpenes when she turned crispy.
This is first time I've ever had a whole tent go bad. I can use these flowers for edibles or something but it definitely going to taste shitty.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I put in some yellow sticky traps in each of my grow spaces. I think they've been installed for four or five days now. No signs of any pests above soil. And I don't see the tiny worms floating in the pot after watering ever.

Legalcdn

Strange shit.

You ever try mosquito dunks on the top? Doesn't hurt plants. I have eliminated most root eating bugs this way.

That white larve must be something to do with the soil.

Legalcdn

Whitefly larvae? Related to aphids and mealybugs.

heat, plant stress, hot/dry climate, and overfert with nitrogen rich food can give them a great place to expand. DE sprinkled on surface kills them

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Whitefly larvae? Related to aphids and mealybugs.

heat, plant stress, hot/dry climate, and overfert with nitrogen rich food can give them a great place to expand. DE sprinkled on surface kills them

Sounds plausible, but where are the adults?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Strange shit.

You ever try mosquito dunks on the top? Doesn't hurt plants. I have eliminated most root eating bugs this way.

That white larve must be something to do with the soil.

Yes Ive use that to kill off fungus gnats, good idea, I usually do that but haven't lately, thanks for the reminder

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
CannaRed Congrats, a decision you won’t regret….not only will everything smell and taste better to you but at $5 a pack think of all that extra money for seeds and grow equipment!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm still spending money. I didn't make it nicotine free very long. I'm not making excuses, but when grandpa fell last year I stopped and got a vape while they transferred him to another hospital. I haven't kicked the vapes yet, and honestly haven't tried. That's next.
I Know the vapes are dangerous too but, I definitely don't cough as much as I used to. And I for sure don't stink like cigarettes anymore. The smell is now sickening to Mee.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here's how not to do a scrog. 😆.
I missed the chance to add a second layer so I had to hang nets on one wall and another in the doorway to keep the plant from spilling out the door.
IMG_20211027_132457427.jpg
IMG_20211027_132449096.jpg
IMG_20211027_132647087.jpg
IMG_20211027_132442286.jpg
IMG_20211027_132654376.jpg
IMG_20211027_132432189.jpg
IMG_20211027_132637537.jpg

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
That shit is hard. I've been battling for some time now. Just got a vape for the first time the other day but it is really harsh on my throat/lungs even at a lower wattage. Still smoking cigs in between. Got any tips on using a nic-vape successfully/properly?

zif

Veteran
That shit is hard. I've been battling for some time now. Just got a vape for the first time the other day but it is really harsh on my throat/lungs even at a lower wattage. Still smoking cigs in between. Got any tips on using a nic-vape successfully/properly?

One of the reasons people knock Juul is that it uses nicotine salts instead of the freebase. That’s supposed to reduce the harshness of the vapor, allowing users to inhale more nicotine, faster.

Of course, that’s not a huge problem if it lets you avoid tobacco smoke. So you might check into whether you’re using a salt or freebase source. If the latter, you might find the former more helpful.

El Timbo

I had a sore throat with my first vape - a small hand held one. Since I switched to a volcano I've had no issues.

Last edited: