Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing Kandy Kush X OG/Fluence SPYDR2i VS Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum//High PPFD grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very detailed grow journal. Subbed.
    MARS HYDRO STORE
    Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
    FC6500 journal

GMT tested TSL2000
    Unclefishstick's Diary!
    2xSP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Hydro Led View Post
      A very detailed grow journal. Subbed.

Hi there!
      Great to have you around!!! thanks for the support.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      **Current Grow**//Candy Kush X OG//High PPFD Grow//Fluence LED vs Dimlux CMH//**
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

PAR meter a needed new toy(cheap hack)

I wrote in my last post about the convenience of using a PAR meter when growing, that convenience becomes a necessity when you move to use LED lights, especially if you are trying to push the plants using high intensity, high Temp and RH and CO2.

I would say a PAR meter and start collecting and storing data daily to see what works since there ain't a written rule on how one should increase all parameters at once, you can only try and measure.

Anyway, I followed the MIGRO hack on youtube, If Shane MIGRO owner ever reads this, here I send my respect for taking the task of comparing side by side a 30$ amazon PAR Meter with probably the best PAR meter around the 500$ Apogee Quantum Sensor. He took a pile of measurements under a few light spectrums and noted the equivalents on the cheap one, he ended coming up with a factor that multiplied by the Lux the cheap PAR meter reads gives you the PPFD.

I just tested it at home and I have to say the results are very close

The first image is the measure I took right at the center, hottest spot, at 50cm distance from the light, and with the dimmer selected at 630W, that reads 45.800 LUX and if multiplied by 0,023 gives you a PPFD of 1053,4 umol/s. The makers specify at that setting and distance you should be getting 1113 umol/s, since I have used those lamps for two full grows I think numbers are pretty tight.

The second one is the measure i took under the Fluence SPYDR2i, at 16 cm from the light and the PAR meter placed at the center, dimmer at 80% setting and it reads 43.900 LUX, converted to PPFD it gives us 1009,7 umol/s. Also a very close result.

For a home grower, this solution is a great one, even if you don't have a 100% accurate reading, for you to know how much more intensity you apply each time, and to find leaks in your set up due to lights misplacement, etc, all thanks to a guy with a lot of patience. I hope it helps
        Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-16-2020, 13:46.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        **Current Grow**//Candy Kush X OG//High PPFD Grow//Fluence LED vs Dimlux CMH//**
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

DEWD

Love how healthy they look!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_Dripski View Post
            Love how healthy they look!

View Image

Hi there, thanks mate.Good to have you around

Comment

Day 45: Flower build up

Day 45 from seed / 15th Day Flowering

Fluence SPYDR 2i LED(16 cm from top of canopy)
              EC: 1,6
              PH: 6/6,3
              RH: 70/75%
              Temp: 27/28ºC
              CO2: 1000 ppm
              PPF: 1010 umol/s

Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum CMH(50 cm from top of canopy)

EC: 1,6
              PH: 6/6,3
              RH: 65/70%
              Temp: 28/29ºC
              CO2: 1000 ppm
              PPF: 1053 umol/s

Start of the 3rd week in flower, I filled a new tank with all the nutes needed for this stage. Very happy with my new toy, the PAR Meter, is really allowing me to understand better the process towards a High light intensity cultivation system and on where to place the plants for maximum use of that energy.

These are the ladies under the Fluence lights.

After the problem I had understanding the use of the dimmer I thought the advantage the plants under the Dimlux lights had was enough to think the results were going to be conditioned by that fact. Well I was wrong, the plants under the Dimlux lights are bigger, no doubt, but the flowers in the plants under the Fluence lights are bigger, I would say more than bigger is that they are developing faster.

Since I fill my tank to last for a week I dial it so my target EC is met when full at 180 liters, but also knowing that as I use it the EC will increase by 0,1 or 0,2 EC points by the end of that week. Depending on the stage you are, you can either add some water to dial it again to the target EC or allow it to increase to the next target EC.

Comment

These are the ladies under the Dimlux lights, looking pretty. Obviously, there is something in the Fluence light spectrum that cuts the stretchiness of the plants by a good amount.

These girls are taller, but bud production seam to be either slower or not as productive as the ones under the Fluence lights.

Happy I left the exhaust system in place since am pushing Temp and RH to allow for better uptake of nutrients, the danger is when the light comes off, you can very easily reach 80/85% even with a dehumidifier on, so what I do is to exhaust the air of the room around half-hour after going dark until is back to around 60%, it will take much of the CO2 out also, but don't worry, as soon as you switch the exhaust off CO2 levels will be back to much higher levels again in no time.

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 45 from seed / 15th day from Flower **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,4ml X liter (always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
                Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1,6ml X liter
                Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy: 1ml X liter
                Advanced Nutrients Big Bud: 1ml X liter
                Advanced Nutrients B52: 0,5ml X liter
                Advanced Nutrients Nirvana: 0,5ml X liter
                Advanced Nutrients BudFactor X: 0,5ml X liter
                Canna Cannazym: 2ml X liter
                Growcentia Mammot P: 0,16ml X liter (always mix it after other Fertz/additives and once the mix is PH Balanced)

That´s all for today guys, stay safe

Comment

HST (Super Cropping) and a Slurry test

One of the problems dealing with seeds is to find strains that are stable enough so heights and plant characteristics are as similar as possible. I can´t complain about this one, it has behaved quite evenly but a few plants were standing over the rest and thanks to my new toy(PAR Meter) I could see the bigger ones were beginning to get a considerably lesser amount of light intensity.
                  What I decided is to use the HST technique I love most, super cropping, to even the canopy to a point where there ain't much height difference between them. I tested it first yesterday on a few of the ones under the Fluence lights, and you can see how quickly they have recovered overnight.

My emotional attachment with this technique comes from the fact it was the first HST one I learned and the one that showed me how strong Cannabis as a plant is. The technique is about being gentle while you bend the plant

The result is a much more even canopy, allowing me to get the lights closer

Comment

Super Cropping Sequence

I took a few images of the process, did the technique on two plants that were in the best spot but where too tall, what I did is to measure with the PAR meter where was the hottest spots towards I could direct the top of the plants.

I also did a few slurry tests around took notes and will be comparing weekly now as I am pushing EC and all other values CO2, PPFD, RH, and Temp quite considerably and I am not used to it, I rather play safe.

Til next one guys! Stay safe!!
                    Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-17-2020, 22:42.

Comment

Some unfinished business and a beautifull recovery

The problem with Super Cropping is that you always start thinking I am going to do it to just those 3 or 4 plants, and you end up leaving your canopy straight as a soccer pitch, everything leveled. Anyway, last night I finished the last patch I had left to Super Crop

And these are the ones I did the night before, just 24H after causing them some serious stress standing strong, happy, putting all her energy into healing and flowering, what a beautiful gift from nature this plant is

The last watering in 3rd week was already at 2.0EC, I am walking into uncharted territories here, I never fed a plant this much at this stage of the cycle. CO2 and proper VPD seem to be helping for this to happen, still, 4 more weeks of feeding left, let's see how far they can go.

Stay safe

Comment

wonderfull and neat tidy supercropping looks well good

Comment

Originally posted by welldone View Post
                          wonderfull and neat tidy supercropping looks well good
                          Hi there mate, thanks, it is good to have you here

Comment

Day 52: Flowers stacking nicely

Day 52 from Seed / 22 days Flower

Fluence SPYDR 2i LED(16 cm from top of canopy)
                            EC: 2.0
                            PH: 6,2/6,3
                            CO2: 1100 ppm
                            PPF: 1106 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum CMH(50 cm from top of canopy)
                            EC: 2.0
                            PH: 6,2/6,3
                            CO2: 1100 ppm
                            PPF: 1035 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

Beginning of the 4th-week flowering, the girls under the dimlux still stretching and the ones under the SPYDRs 2i are almost done. I must say they look like two different plants, one is the classic HPS plant, big, building nice and with big center colas, but not much else, also they seem to have less leaf. The ones under the fluence LEDs are not so tall, but you can see buds all over them, the main stem is short but very chunky and the opposite for the ones under the Dimlux lights, tall and thin.

Here are the ones under the Fluence SPYDR´s

So much easier to keep an even canopy with the SPYDR´s, did need a bit of Super Croping to help with that, but cant complaint since they are all coming from seed

I am going to have to tie these tops, or they will go back to a straight position in less than a week

Comment

And these are the ones under the Dimlux CMH ones

You have to love these big long colas, lets see how they fill up

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 52 from seed / 22th day from Flower **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,4ml X liter(always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
                              Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 2ml X liter
                              Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy: 2ml X liter
                              Advanced Nutrients Big Bud: 2ml X liter
                              Advanced Nutrients B52: 1ml X liter
                              Advanced Nutrients Nirvana: 1 X liter
                              Advanced Nutrients BudFactor X: 1 X liter
                              Canna Cannazym: 2ml X liter
                              Growcentia Mammot P: 0,16ml X liter (always mix it after other Fertz/additives and once the mix is PH Balanced)

Stay safe, stay stoned
                              Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-23-2020, 16:05.

Comment

Looks nice.
                                MARS HYDRO STORE
                                Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
                                FC6500 journal

GMT tested TSL2000
                                Unclefishstick's Diary!
                                2xSP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

Working...
                                X