Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing Kandy Kush X OG/Fluence SPYDR2i VS Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum//High PPFD grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raCURE View Post
    Lovely pics and plants. What camera are you using? +K

Thanks mate!! iphone X
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Current Grow**//Candy Kush X OG//High PPFD Grow//Fluence LED vs Dimlux CMH//**
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Day 25: Easy going

Day 25

Fluence SPYDR2i LED(16 cm from top of cannopy)
      EC: 1
      PH: 5,8
      RH: 65/75%
      Temp: 24ºC
      CO2: 700/800 ppm
      PPF: 500 umol/s

Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum CMH(45 cm from top of cannopy)
      EC: 1
      PH: 5,8
      RH: 60/70%
      Temp: 26ºC
      CO2: 600/700 ppm
      PPF: 610 umol/s

Easy going last couple of days, will start clearing the bottom branches soon to get them ready for flowering.This are the plants uner the Dimlux CMH Lights

I forgot about the perfect simmetry in plants when growing from seed.

And here is the familly photo:

Last edited by pacoclandestino; 04-25-2020, 15:06.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      **Current Grow**//Candy Kush X OG//High PPFD Grow//Fluence LED vs Dimlux CMH//**
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

And this are the plants under the Fluence LED lights:

I can say that first difference i am finding is on the inter node distance, the plants under the Fluence are stacking way better, no stretch, very symmetric, beautiful plants

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 24 **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,5ml X liter(always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
        Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Grow A+B: 0,7ml X liter
        Advanced Nutrients B52: 2ml X liter
        Canna Rhyzotonic: 2ml X liter
        Growcentia Mammot P: 0,16ml X liter (always mix it after other Fertz/additives and once the mix is PH Balanced)
        Last edited by pacoclandestino; 04-25-2020, 20:13.

Comment

Day 30: Almost ready for 12/12 switch,time to shave their legs

Day 30

EC: 1,2
          PH: 6.0
          RH: 65/70%
          Temp: 25ºC
          PPF: 600 umol/s

PH: 6.0
          Temp: 26´5ºC
          PPF: 761 umol/s

Filled up new tank today, since they are almost ready for the flowering cycle filled it up with all the Flowering goodness I will feed them with.Also did a little tidy up getting rid of the bottom three nodes, starting to build some space for the air circulation at the bottom of the grow, since I am using CO2 i am trying to push air upwards.

Here are the ones under the Fluence LED lights.

This girls are growing slightly shorter,but, with a beautifull inter node distance, very tight.I am keeping lights at 16 cm from cannopy and intend keeping that distance through all cycles

Last edited by pacoclandestino; 04-29-2020, 12:33.

Comment

And this are the ones under the Dimlux CMH lights.

Part of the fun of this grow is that the Dimlux lights don´t have a dimmer, but have a few different wattages you can select and work as a dimmer, I just switched from 330W to 410W and keeping lights between 40 and 45 cm from the Cannopy:on the fluence side the dimmer I got I can really dial them to what ever I want to, since I am following a VPD chart and a CO2 schedule asides the feeding schedule, the small differences between both set ups is where the real fun is. Definetly mad to get one of those Apogee instruments light intensity meassurement tool, not cheap but they give great data.

I guess I will switch them to 12/12 in the next couple of days or so.

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 30 **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,3ml X liter(always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
            Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1,2ml X liter
            Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy: 0,5ml X liter
            Advanced Nutrients Piraña: 2ml X liter
            Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor: 2ml X liter
            Advanced Nutrients Budfactor X: 0,5ml X liter
            Canna Cannazym: 2ml X liter
            Growcentia Mammot P: 0,16ml X liter (always mix it after other Fertz/additives and once the mix is PH Balanced)
            Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-08-2020, 21:33.

Comment

Looking great!

I took down my fluence 330 watts it made the plants real unhappy, glad that yours is working well!!
              http://hgcacademy.com/
              Home-Grown Cannabis Academy!
              Safe, Responsible & Cost-Efficient!

Comment

Originally posted by THC123 View Post
                Looking great!

I took down my fluence 330 watts it made the plants real unhappy, glad that yours is working well!!

Hi mate! great to have another Fluence user here, do you check their blog?They have released a tone of good articles, great info on High PPFD growing.Am begining to bring intensity up,the idea is to be at 800 ppm when it flowers and from there up, lets see how far this babies can go

Comment

fresh and healthy pacoclandestino the Dimlux CMH lights has a different look to the others looks good all in all

Comment

Originally posted by welldone View Post
                    fresh and healthy pacoclandestino the Dimlux CMH lights has a different look to the others looks good all in all

Thanks mate!! i am trying to keep conditions as similar as possible under both lights, its a bit hard since the Dimlux dimmer has set values and sometimes its just impossible to have same PPF under both.The other thing is distance from cannopy, being able to be at 16cm from it, makes it a different story, no more stretchie plants

Comment

Day 36 from seed:Learning from my mistakes

Day 36: 36 days from seed/ 4th day in Flower

PH: 6/6,2
                      Temp: 25/26ºC
                      CO2: 800 ppm
                      PPF: 675 umol/s

RH: 55/60%
                      Temp: 26/27ºC
                      CO2: 800ppm
                      PPF: 724 umol/s

Lots happened since my last update, i am writing a few days after the photos am about to publish,all info on pasts posts regarding PPFD,CO2 temp etc are good, since I thought the intensity i was giving the plants was the noted in those posts, wich is correct. My wrong interpretation of PPFD applied was the problem.
                      Being new to LED systems I ve learned the hard way the importance of having either a good PAR meter or good knowledge of how your dimmer acts on your light so you are aware of the light intensity you are managing.

So, basicly I ve being under using my Fluence SPYDR unit, because I didnt understood well my Dimmer:To add it, the fact it is that if you look at the plants under the Fluence lights they look way healthier,its just that they grew smaller,made me doubt for while.

My guess is that the last week in veg and almost until the end of first week in flower i was giving the plants 450 umol/s when I should have giving it 650 umol/s and up from there

What saved my ass was an email to the guys at Fluence Europe, i should have contacted them way earlier, because what I got from them was nothing but excellent advice, i didt calculated how long was the call but over 1 hour for sure. As it is i do follow their webinars and all the guides they release, but nothing like somoene telling you go ahead you can go much further to jump at it.
                      Now I can finally control my SPYDRs with the knowledge I was lacking regarding dimming and calculating the light intensity needed. In any case I ve being avoiding buyin a PAR meter for too long, now that I moved to LED more than ever
                      Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-09-2020, 12:17.

Comment

And here are the plants under the Dimlux lights, first thing you notice is that they are differences in temperature and humidity, aprox 1,5ºC and 10/15% this is not letting me go as far as I wanted pushing PPFD and CO2, well i am, but obviously can´t follow propper VPD practices.

As you can see plants are bigger, no doubt, but the general health of the plant aint as good as the ones under the fluence LED´s. leafs are thinner,even when touching them the feel is so different, also structurally nodes are not as close.Still a beautiful plant

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 36 (from seed/ 4th day Flower) **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,3ml X liter(always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
                        Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1,5ml X liter
                        Advanced Nutrients BudFactor X: 0,5ml X Liter

Comment

Day 36 (from seed / 6th day Flowering)

Fluence SPYDR2i LED(16 cm from top of canopy)
                          EC: 1,4
                          CO2: 850 ppm
                          PPF: 750 umol/s

Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum CMH(50 cm from top of canopy)

EC: 1,4
                          CO2: 850ppm
                          PPF: 854 umol/s

Between last update and this post what happened is that I started to look for help from the dimmer makers and from Fluence.I should have done it before,no matter how many years you are growing, changing to LED, introducing CO2 etc you have to re program ,and for that,you obviously need info and help.

Anyway, that first contact allowed me to realise I was way down on the light intensity due to try calculating it, without a PAR meter thats stoopid, and I got a simple advise from the dimmer maker,from 0 to 60% is for Veg, 60 to 80% for flowering and 80 to 100% for boost.

I should have probably incresed light intensity in steps, but didnt. Also as I increased light intensity, also increased CO2 and Temp, and dialed RH.Results were noticeable overnight.

Here are the ladies under the Fluence SPYDR´s

Lets see if I can get this ones to grow bigger now that I have corrected light intensity

Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-09-2020, 14:32.

Comment

And here the ladies under the Dimlux CMH lights

Due to my set up it is impossible to have same Temp and RH conditions, am always between 1 to 1,5ºC higher on temp and around 10% lower on RH. Also since the Dimlux comes with a step dimmer, whatever I increase or decrease is tied to those steps. I have these Dimlux for over a year, I do love them and I believe Dimlux has created a whole ecosystem of tools that takes growing to a different level, to me dimlux = gavita+trolmaster at a much better price, and with advantages. But, when I bought them, there was no info around and for what i discovered later their EU page was lacking of a lot of good info. All of that info is on the US Dimlux page that kicks the ass of the EU one at all levels. One of the things they offer is an app (windows and osx) that helps you configurating lights placement in your room and tells you the PPFD values of each one of the dimmers steps.

Bigger plants under the Dimlux but not near the beauty and health the ones under the Fluence show

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 36 (from seed / 6th day flower )**

Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1,2ml X liter
                            Advanced Nutrients BudFactor X: 0,5ml X liter
                            Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-16-2020, 13:53.

Comment

Day 40: Issues solved, new knowledge acquired

Day 40 from seed / 10th day Flower

Fluence SPYDR 2i LED(16 cm from top of canopy)
                              EC: 1,5
                              CO2: 900 ppm
                              PPF: 800 umol/s

Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum CMH(50 cm from top of canopy)
                              EC: 1,5
                              CO2: 900 ppm
                              PPF: 854 umol/s

Plants are doing great after the boost in PPFD/CO2/Temp/RH i´ ve being giving the plants this past few days. I am in mid second week flower still have another two weeks of growth before the end of the sctrech period.
                              I do believe also there must be genetic that I am seing some plants smaller in size, since I started from seed I have a feeling I am getting two different phenos of this strain.

here are the plants under the Fluence SPYDR 2i

Pushing very nicely overnight, this ladies are eating at 1.5EC + 900ppm CO2, Temps and RH go from 20/21ºC / 55/60% when off, to 26/27ºC / 70/75% when lights on,still 16 to 20 cm between top of canopy and light, intensity at 800umol/s and increasing daily all parameters. Temps and RH go from 20/21ºC / 55/60% when off, to 26/27ºC / 70/75% when lights on

Last one before moving to the plants under the Dimlux lights

Comment

This ladies have also improved with the boost, much better color and general health. One of the things i did while a PAR meter arrives is to download a app that measures LUX, used it to see where light was reaching best, as a result I changed the placement of the Dimlux units.What i discovered with that simple app was that I was giving light away for free to the floor and walls, this new set up improves it a lot

I got used to the fact that no matter what I do the plants under the dimlux light will be 1/1,5ºC hotter and 10/15% less humid.

That´s all, all of this things that have happened in the past week or so, would have never happened having a PAR meter.

Now, PAR meters you can find for all sorts of prices, but very quicly in the search for one you realise the Apogee one is the reference and the one almost of light makers use to calibrate their lights, at 500€ a unit it is an expense not many people can afford.
                                But, there is a 30$ hack on internet buying a cheap PAR meter and using a calculation depending on the type of light you are using, basicly the guy took the time calibrating this cheap PAR meter against the Apogee one and found the differences, am not leaving a link just in case it gets deleted for infringing a norm, since the guy owns a shop am not sure if I can, but look for the migro hack on youtube, I hope it helps

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 36 (from seed / 6th day flower )**

Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1,5ml X liter
                                Advanced Nutrients BudFactor X: 0,5ml X liter

Last edited by pacoclandestino; 05-16-2020, 13:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X