What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A collection of Chunky’s Bagseeds

Hookahhead

Happy 4/20 everyone! We have to do some updates on the males today!

These two switched flower on 4/5

ScoutBreath #4 - This plant is a straight pole. It does have a few lateral branches, but they stay close to the main stalk. It’s growing a nice nug on top and has slightly larger pollen sacks than the rest. Honestly, I would love to squeeze the greenhouse full of female plants that grow exactly like this.

Current height: 46 inches (Starting height: 23 inches)

picture.php

picture.php

EDIT: I didn’t even notice the green lacewing larva in that last picture until I posted it! This is exactly why I prefer not to spray my plants with pesticides.

Headband x OGKB #2 - I only have 2 of these plants, both males. I managed to kill off all of my other seedlings early on. Sadly, is the only cross that I don’t have more seeds of. Both of the boys came out beautiful, strong plants with tight nodes. I imagine the ladies have to be just as nice.

Current height 39.5 inches (Starting height: 18 inches)

picture.php

picture.php

I apologize that the pictures aren’t the best because of all the bamboo in the background.

picture.php

Hookahhead

Another update on the boys. This group was the first plants switched on 3/23, the first post of this thread! Let’s see what they’ve been up to...

Headband x OGKB #1 - Can I just say I love this guy? He’s been chosen as the winner out of his group. He’s already dusted a few things in the greenhouse. Check out that bee coming by to score some of the good shit.

Current height: 48 inches (Starting height: 18.5 inches)

picture.php
picture.php

GorillaBreath #1 aka biCurious George - This plant continues to intrigue me. He hasn’t thrown any more pistils as far as I can tell. He’s 99% male, the only place I’ve found female flowers is in the top 3-4 inches of the main kola. They look as though they are making seed, you can see 2 of them just below and to the right of center in the second picture. I can see maybe 6-8 of these “bulges” total... they’re even a little frosted. His clones were killed but I did store some of his pollen.

Current height:38 inches (Starting height: 16.5 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

LocomotiveBreath #2 - This plant is also really hard to get a good photo of because of the bamboo. The plants are wired to their pedestals to keep them from falling, so I can’t easily move them for photos. This plant clearly isn’t as happy as the rest, admittedly they have received water only up until this point and maybe a splash or two of compost tea leftovers... they are still males after all. His pollen has been used sparingly, and some of it is stored, but most likely he won’t make the team cut.

Current height: 47 inches (Starting height: 17 inches)
picture.php

Keep in mind all of these plants have been badly molested by the bees the past 2-3 weeks. What you’re seeing are mostly unopened pollen sacks, the bees will even open it themselves when it’s close enough. I did have some OKish photos of the resin on the flower stalks, but after I uploaded them here they were unusable.

P.S. I apologize for not responding to everyone’s comments directly, but please know that I do read and appreciate them!

Hookahhead

I have been working to update the OP with links to the updates for each plant. I know it’s a little messy in here because all of the plants are at different stages, so this way you can check the progress of a specific plant if you’re so inclined. It also helps me keep track of things a little better too!

Finally another photo shoot with the ladies. It was hard for me to get good shots due to where they’re positioned in the greenhouse. I mentioned earlier that only 2 plants have neighbors on 3 sides... I’m not sure what I was toking that day, but the whole 2 rows down the middle are like this haha.

These plants were switched on 4/7, making today day 16.

GMOGKB #1 - Wow she didn’t really grow a lot vertically... but her ass got so much bigger. She became a chubby little bush with nodes kept tight.

Current height: 48 inches (Starting height: 43 inches)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GMOGKB #2 - I am really enjoying seeing the diversity in these plants. It’s sister plant hardly stretched at all, and this one is the tallest. This is the plant I had trouble getting material off of in the beginning, apparently she didn’t want to make any lowers because she was saving for up top. I had a tough time getting a shot of her.

Current height 63.5 inches (Starting height: 47 inches)

picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

Another update on the ladies. These were the first girls switched on 3/28 putting us on Day 29!

GMOGKB #5 - Every time I step into the large greenhouse I am grateful for Chunky’s generosity. I mean just look at this girl.. those long slender leaves, and nodes filled with bud. I think she likes it here in the tropics.

Current height: 56 inches (Starting height: 39 inches
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PoisonBreath #2 - I love seeing the contrast between the different plants. I think I’m starting to be able to see where CookieBoi is dominant or not. This one still smells great, though the smell has turned less funky and more pleasant.

Current height: 44 inches (Starting height: 37 inches)
picture.php

I did take pictures of the buds as they are starting to frost up. Unfortunately I can’t see my screen too well while I’m in the greenhouse and I have to look through the pictures later. None of them really turned out, so next time we see these plants should be pretty exciting!

I had to repair a small hole in the plastic today, so I grabbed a quick shot from above.

picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

Here we go again with another update. I don’t want to invite bigger issues, but I’m bit suprised that all of these plants seem to be loving the intense tropical sun. Ambient temperature is 100F during the day and RH has been hanging around 45-50%.. still 0 fucks given by these “less adapted” ladies. These the last females to flip, so we’re almost done with the Week 2 updates! Sorry the pictures are terrible, it’s really hard to get a good shot of the plants because of where they’re positioned.

LocomotiveBreath #1 - nothing too exciting to say yet. Happy healthy girl soaking up the sun.

Current height: 53 inches (Starting height: 38 inches)
picture.php
picture.php

ScoutBreath #2 - Not much to say about her yet either. All of the ScoutBreath plants have thick stems and just an overall “nice” look to them. I’m pretty sure this one has stretched the least..

Current height 49.5 inches (Starting height: 43 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

The plastic sheeting was starting to degrade and tear from the sun and wind, even though we opted for the higher quality stuff. We decided to tear it all off and replace it with hard plastic before the rains roll in again. Thanks for stopping by!

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
looks good! maybe you design in a ridge vent or grab some shadecloth to keep it a bit cooler at the end of flower?

Hookahhead

looks good! maybe you design in a ridge vent or grab some shadecloth to keep it a bit cooler at the end of flower?

Hmm a ridge vent would have probably been a good idea to design in. Honestly construction definitely isn’t my thing. I can help build things if you tell me what to do, but if I had to figure out tools, materials and labor myself I would struggle. Luckily, the property owner is much more skilled than I am.

The shade cloth has been a bit of a point of contention between us. I would love to add some of the 30% shade cloth over the top, which we already used to cover both of the short ends (good ventilation, no plastic there). His background isn’t cultivation, but for whatever reason he is opposed to the idea. Every time I bring it up, his response is “if we think we need it we can do it”, but it never gets done and I’ve expressed that I think we need it several times! Maybe I’ll show him your post... if he’s anything like my wife he’ll finally believe me when someone else says the same thing I’ve been saying lol.

There are 2 fans, but they need upgraded. I have a friend in HVAC here that has a few blowers kicking around, I just have to make it over to see him. There has been a nice breeze passing through at least.

We have another update today. Finally pulling up the rear are the last two males! These flipped on 4/15, putting us on 2 weeks today!

ScoutBreath #3 - I like the overall look of this plant, but unless it kicks it into overdrive the next two weeks I don’t think will make the final cut.

Current height: 52 inches (Starting height: 28.5)
picture.php

picture.php

LocomotiveBreath #3 - This guy though... He could definitely beat up his little brother LB #2. I’m always happy to see more flower than leaf, especially when they look like little nugs!

Current height: 45.5 (Starting height: 30.5 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Hookahhead

I hope you all are enjoying these updates as much as I am! Let’s check I’m on the ladies that were switched 4 weeks ago on 4/3...

GMOGKB # 3 - This is the short girl. Filling in nicely. I like the ring of buds around the “shoulders”, I am in the camp that thinks these buds are just a bit better than tops.

Current height: 51 inches (Starting height: 37 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GMOGKB #4 - The short girl is definitely the outlier in this group. The rest are giants. I promise this girl got a nice drink right after taking the pictures!

Current height: 62 inches (Starting height: 41 inches)
picture.php
picture.php

Hookahhead

But wait, there’s more!!! These two were also switched on 4/3.

PoisonBreath #1 - I think I’ll be keeping this plant in the rotation. She’s a stout plant, with large buds already. The best part is that her structure should hold the weight with little to no support. I’m catching a citronella smell on her.

Current height: 52 inches (Starting height: 37 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

ScoutBreath #1 - Holy shit, no micro nugs here. She’s got the largest buds out of all of them so far! Not quite as frosty as some of the others yet, but she’s still got plenty of time to work on that.

Current height: 53 inches (Starting height: 37.5 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks again to Chunkypigs for taking the time to find, keep, and distribute this gear. These genetics definitely kicked my grow up a notch!

Hookahhead

Hey again ICMag fam, hope you all had a good weekend. I have an update on some of the boys for you. These 2 flipped on 4/5, so we’re looking at week 4.

ScoutBreath #4 - Hmm, I wonder if this guy might be an outlier.. he’s a behemoth! I think he’ll be a good match for some of those GMO ladies, see if we can hit the roof on the greenhouse.

Current height: 55.5 inches (Starting height: 23 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

Headband x OGKB #2 - Shazam! He’s pushed out nice flowers on top and bottom. He looks a little thinner than he should be, I’ve beaten him for pollen a few times and the bees are still gathering pollen like fiends from all of the plants.

Current height: 43.5 inches (Starting height: 18 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

Chunky I’m almost ready to pop mine

I almost forgot to mention, feel free to drop a link or some photos here when you start your babies!

Any Sluggo grow along's anywhere?

I don’t personally have any Sluggo beans in my collection, but I do have some Avunclar I’m itching to get wet. Chunky has a good many pictures of everything on his IG.

The plants in the OP are 6 weeks today! They were flipped on 3/23. They are definitely starting to lighten up and yellowing.. but they haven’t had anything but water and a few splashes of tea in the past 2 months.

Headband x OGKB #1 - This guy was the chosen winner out of the first round of 3. Nice structure, nice buds, and no real issues. I have a few collections of pollen in storage, I’ve dusted a few plants, and his clones are growing well.

Current height: 48 inches (Starting height: 18.5 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LocomotiveBreath #2 - I’m not really sure what went on here. This plant certainly wasn’t happy. I know he dried out once or twice and the wind blew the bamboo into him, which broke a few skinny/weak branches. It does have the longest bottom branches out of the group, it would be a good structure for SCROG. I have some pollen stored, and he dusted a plant or two early on. I have 1 clone of him that’s growing well, I may flip it in a 1 gal just to see if he runs any better the second time. Honestly though, the others are so much better it seems like I should just cull it. This plant will be chopped in a few days, no real reason to torture it more.

Current height 47.5 inches(Starting height: 17 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts