What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A collection of Chunky’s Bagseeds

redlaser

Veteran
When you say they are switched on 4/3, is that being flowered without light deprivation, relying only on natural daylength?
It seems so, and it’s something I tried this year as well with mixed results mostly based on variety.

Yours turned out pretty good, sounds like an interesting hybrid to try.

Hookahhead

These two were the youngest, they switched on 4/13, so we only got 7.5 weeks out of them.

LocomotiveBreath #1 - This one was definitely the least finished. She probably would have gone 10 weeks or longer. She was the least resinous, but she does have a bit of an odor to her. She will get another go before making a decision to pull her from the rotation.

Final height: didn’t measure (Starting height: 38 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

ScoutBreath #2 - This plant had the smallest buds (girth), but they are rock hard. I think she was fairly close to a “proper” finish. I believe this one stretched the least. I’ll go back and check all my notes when i post the dry bud pictures.

Final height: didn’t measure (Starting height: 43 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks to everyone for tagging along, I hope you’ve enjoyed the show! I will continue updating this thread as I flower out the clones, but most likely without quite as much detail.

And a final thank you to Chunkypigs for being a stellar dude and hooking me up with these seeds. These genetics greatly improved the quality of herb in my garden. I am not the only one who benefitted from your kindness, so I hope this thread is somewhat useful to you and others.

Cheers all!

Hookahhead

When you say they are switched on 4/3, is that being flowered without light deprivation, relying only on natural daylength?
It seems so, and it’s something I tried this year as well with mixed results mostly based on variety.

Yours turned out pretty good, sounds like an interesting hybrid to try.

Yes I live near the equator, so the day length only changes from about 11.5-12.5 hours throughout the year. The plants are kept under supplemental lighting for vegetation. Then they’re moved to a greenhouse without any additional light for flowering. The date posted is the day they move into the flowering greenhouse. If it wasn’t for the weather I could have a perfect perpetual garden.

bibi40

Great grow mate !!!

just a litlle bad for the mold but you are lucky to have a perpetual outdoor flowering garden ,
eager to see the following with those great beans and fantastic flower area :party:

Hookahhead

Those GMOOGKB's look very nice.

I've always steered away from peppery terps though...

The number 4 is the only one that has a noticeable pepper kick. They all smell a little different from each other, both funky and sweet are coming through.

The plants are being dried in an air conditioned area, so it’s probably drier than it should be. With the humidity outside, there is no other way to dry them really. The good part is from what I’ve seen so far, it stopped the mold from spreading further while it dried.

I trimmed up the GMOGKB #1 tonight. Wafts of funk and “sweet” while trimming. The sweet is something that I am associating with Chunkyboi’s influence. It’s like a vanilla/bakery good smell. A doobie was very smooth with a nice effect. It needs some time in a jar to give it a real evaluation. You can see she could have gone longer.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Im happy with my choice to cut her. I ended up with a nice pile of good buds, and only a little loss to mold. Trimming was easy, lots of bud and little leaf.

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The number 4 is the only one that has a noticeable pepper kick. They all smell a little different from each other, both funky and sweet are coming through.

The plants are being dried in an air conditioned area, so it’s probably drier than it should be. With the humidity outside, there is no other way to dry them really. The good part is from what I’ve seen so far, it stopped the mold from spreading further while it dried.

I trimmed up the GMOGKB #1 tonight. Wafts of funk and “sweet” while trimming. The sweet is something that I am associating with Chunkyboi’s influence. It’s like a vanilla/bakery good smell. A doobie was very smooth with a nice effect. It needs some time in a jar to give it a real evaluation. You can see she could have gone longer.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Im happy with my choice to cut her. I ended up with a nice pile of good buds, and only a little loss to mold. Trimming was easy, lots of bud and little leaf.

View Image
:party:Nice work dude

Hookahhead

I’ve been busy with life, but we’ve managed to make some improvements.

The flowering greenhouse now has a covered front porch to help keep the rain out. It also gives us a small area for storage. We’ve switched the roof panels the proper direction. We had them running lengthwise, which led to water pooling in the channels. Letting the panels bake in the hot sun for most of the day softened them up enough that we could run them the correct way. This also gave us a bit of overhang on each side, nice.

picture.php

We also built a new greenhouse for vegetation. This one is 10x20, the smaller one has already been dismantled. I think this one uses a design similar to what Chunky suggested with a simple slant roof. Again it’s hot as fuck in there and needs some shade cloth. Maybe one day the owner will take my advice...

picture.php

We’re using LED floodlights to break the night cycle. The lights come on from 11 pm - 1 am.

picture.php

I’ll do an update with some more harvest photos tomorrow.

Hookahhead

That is so bright. but it might be noticable.

Although it looks bright, it’s not necessarily a beacon in the night. You can see how quickly the light drops off in the picture. We will be running 8 x 100w fixtures, which only equates to measly 4w per sq ft haha.

I hope I’m not tempting fate here, but the property is in a rural area and fairly secure. There are 14 rescue dogs including a friendly, but protective pit bull and 2 hounds that bark at everyone who comes near. Most of the property is surrounded by electric fence that triggers an alarm inside the house if it’s disconnected. This is more a measure to manage the horses, but also serves as a bit of personal security. The property owner lives on site and is quite capable of protecting himself and his assets. Also, we legitimately have pumas and highly venomous snakes in the area, so quietly wandering through the jungle at night has its own inherent risks.

Ok onto the bud shots! tried to take better pictures today, but my phone is old and doesn’t take good close ups.

PoisonBreath #1 - She was flowered on 4/3 and harvested on 6/5, which gives us 9 weeks. She definitely could have gone longer, I would say at least 1 - 1.5 weeks. She was 37 inches at the start of flower and finished around 50.5 inches, giving us a stretch of 13.5 inches or 36%The smell is sweet citronella and one that smells really nice, fresh and bright. This plant was one of the higher yields this run. Not a ton of loss to mold, but the top cola got hit hard as expected.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

GMOGKB #2 - She flowered on 4/7 and was harvested on 6/5, which gives us 59 days. She definitely wanted more, I would have liked to see her go to 77 or so. She was 47 inches at the start of flower and finished around 68 inches, giving us a stretch of 21 inches or 45%. Smell is very loud sour cream and chives, quite a nasty smell in a good way. Yield was lower, but she was no where close to finish. I look forward to running her again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

My small pollen dustings have been mostly fruitful. I really find it interesting how the seed characteristics change with the mother. I only used a few lower buds on the pollinated plants. Hopefully I can spread a few smiles with these.

EC2 is LocomotiveBreath #2 from this thread. GB1 is the super resinous GorillaBreath that threw a few female pistils/seeds. I’m 99% sure that’s what hit the GorillaScout too, but I forgot to mark the tag. D1 is PoisonBreath #1, and the GMO are the GMOGKBs from this thread. The OGKZ is originally from Humbolt Seeds, it’s the only one that didn’t really mature.

picture.php

HB2 is actually Headband x OGKB #1 from this thread, and HB3 is #2. A little confusing but I accidentally killed the real HB1 early on, so my tags are slightly different. I liked the #1 and used him the most.

HB2 = Headband x OGKB #1
picture.php

The MS and Stinkbug (T1) plants are from my Monkey Shit thread.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

I’m excited about a good many of these seeds. I didn’t use many of the females from this thread in the crosses. I wanted a chance to see them before trying to pair them up. Some of the ones I’m most excited about are.

MS2 x “HB2”
MS5 x GB1
GorillaScout x GB1

And any of the Stinkbug (T1) crosses, she’s been the best tasting plant I’ve grown here, the flavor coats your tongue.

Stinkbug (T1)
picture.php

EC2 (LocomotiveBreath #2)
picture.php

GorillaBreath #1
picture.php

HB3 = (Headband x OGKB) #2
picture.php

Hookahhead

Back with some more of my shitty camera pics. I realized I miscalculated the stretch %, I’ll be going back and fixing that as well as eventually updating the OP with all of the updates.

ScoutBreath #1 - This lovely lady was flipped on 4/3, and harvested on 6/5. She went 9 weeks and could have gone longer a little longer, nice dense buds but none of the calyxs had swelled yet. She was flowered at 37.5 inches and finished around 53.5 inches, giving us a stretch of 16 inches or 43%. Smell and taste are both “good weed”, nothing in particular stands out, but definitely quality herb. Trim was nice and sticky and not too terrible. There was surprisingly very little loss from mold on this one. She was on the back wall of the greenhouse which was a little wetter than the rest. Although there were dense buds up the stalk, they were spaced out just enough for some air to pass.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

Both of these girls were flipped on 4/3, and harvested on 6/5, giving us 9 weeks.

GMOGKB #3 - This was a short squat one. She started at 37 inches and finished around 51.5. So she stretched 14.5 inches or 40%. Smell is strong mushroom and onion soup powder. Lost a lot of her to mold, so all of the buds were dissected in search of bad spots.

picture.php

GMOGKB #4 - This one started at 41 inches, and jumped to 61 inches. Thus, she stretched 22 inches or 54%. Sadly the peppery smell has faded, most likely to drying too fast and too long. Yield was great and minimal loss to mold. Very potent with great head high. The kind of stuff that makes you look frantically for your keys before you finally realize you never took them out of the door in the first place.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately this is the last update for this round. I didn’t get a chance to see or sample the ScoutBreath #2, PoisonBreath #2, GMOGKB #5, or LocomotiveBreath #1 before they happily found their way to new homes.

Thanks to everyone who followed along! I have a good many of the clones that are ready to switch soon. I’m holding off popping any seeds until I make a few selections in this next round. Hopefully star crash can give us a few updates on his babies until then!

Hookahhead

We’ve been keeping busy working on this project, and have made some nice changes.

We laid shale in each of the greenhouses. We also finally put shade cloth over the vegetative greenhouse at least! As we all expected, the plants are much much happier under their new conditions. I have a bunch of clones ready to move to the larger containers these next couple of days. I’m having trouble getting the burlap sacks I was using, so I need to improvise something else.

picture.php

Here’s one half of the vegetative greenhouse. I can fit 30-36 plants on this side nicely.

picture.php

The 10 plants on the left side in the photo above were moved to the right side of the flowering greenhouse. There’s only 25 plants this time, so things aren’t as crowded. There will be very heavy rains coming in a few months, so these are the last plants to flip until the rains pass. I will be getting vegging out a good many plants in preparation of the dry season.

picture.php

Thanks for stopping back in!