What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A collection of Chunky’s Bagseeds

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had already intended to I won’t be able to do them the same kind of justice that you are but this is where I’m going to be posting up all my pictures:biggrin:
I almost forgot to mention, feel free to drop a link or some photos here when you start your babies!

I don’t personally have any Sluggo beans in my collection, but I do have some Avunclar I’m itching to get wet. Chunky has a good many pictures of everything on his IG.

The plants in the OP are 6 weeks today! They were flipped on 3/23. They are definitely starting to lighten up and yellowing.. but they haven’t had anything but water and a few splashes of tea in the past 2 months.

Headband x OGKB #1 - This guy was the chosen winner out of the first round of 3. Nice structure, nice buds, and no real issues. I have a few collections of pollen in storage, I’ve dusted a few plants, and his clones are growing well.

Current height: 48 inches (Starting height: 18.5 inches)
View Image
View Image
View Image

LocomotiveBreath #2 - I’m not really sure what went on here. This plant certainly wasn’t happy. I know he dried out once or twice and the wind blew the bamboo into him, which broke a few skinny/weak branches. It does have the longest bottom branches out of the group, it would be a good structure for SCROG. I have some pollen stored, and he dusted a plant or two early on. I have 1 clone of him that’s growing well, I may flip it in a 1 gal just to see if he runs any better the second time. Honestly though, the others are so much better it seems like I should just cull it. This plant will be chopped in a few days, no real reason to torture it more.

Current height 47.5 inches(Starting height: 17 inches)
View Image
View Image

Hookahhead

And we’re finally back to an update on biCurious George!

GorillaBreath #1 - So this plant still continues to intrigue me. To me, this plant would actually have been the winner if it wasn’t for those few pistils early on. It definitely has the most resin showing of any of the plants. It’s also heavily infested with spidermites, but it’s still cranking out new flowers. I will probably throw a mesh bag over a few flowers to block the bees and try to collect a bit more pollen, because I don’t want to risk bringing it inside.

I finally broke down and fished out the seeds that I could find. I ended up with 2 immature and 3 mature, but I dropped/lost one of the matures. All of the seeds were found in the top 3 inches of the main kola, and no pistils are visible anywhere else on the plant. I’ll likely give them a few weeks to dry then try sprouting them. I’m curious to see if I can pull a lady from them. I’m kind of disappointed I culled the clones early on, still deep down I know it was the right thing to do... at least I have an excuse to pop more seeds!

Current height: 38 inches (Starting height: 16.5 inches
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This will most likely be the last update on these 3 males. Vertical growth has stopped, and the plants aren’t getting any prettier. I’ve gathered my pollen and have seen what I needed to see. I may let the Headband go longer since I plan on keeping him as a stud.

Hookahhead

Ok I’m done with the dick pics for now, let’s get back to some sexy ladies! These two flipped on 4/7, putting us at 4 weeks.

I am really digging these GMOGKB crosses.

GMOGKB #1 - Chunky has said many times that CookieBoi adds size and flavor. Both traits are very apparent in this girl. Just look at those buds!

Current height: 49.5 inches (Starting height: 43 inches)
picture.php
picture.php

GMOGKB #2 - Here’s the sky scraper. It’s going to take a little longer for these buds to fill in, but it will be nice top when it eventually happens.

Current height: 67 inches (Starting height: 47 inches)
picture.php
picture.php

I was able to collect a bit of the GorillaBreath #1 pollen this morning. Chunky told me the GorillaBreath males can bring some stink to the party. I used it to hit my MonkeyShit #5, which is a beautiful flower but could stand a bit of funk.

picture.php

Hookahhead

Nothing to update today. These pictures are already posted in this thread, but I wanted to make a single post showing the differences among the GMOGKB plants. This is what they all look like at 4 weeks...

GMOGKB #1 - Starting height: 43 inches, after 4 weeks: 49.5 inches.
picture.php

GMOGKB #2 - Starting height 47 inches, after 4 weeks 67 inches.
picture.php

GMOGKB #3 - Starting height 37 inches, after 4 weeks 51 inches.
picture.php

GMOGKB #4 - Starting height: 41 inches, after 4 weeks 62 inches.
picture.php

GMOGKB #5 - Starting height: 39 inches, after 4 weeks 56 inches.
picture.php

That’s all for now, thanks for looking!

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing to update today. These pictures are already posted in this thread, but I wanted to make a single post showing the differences among the GMOGKB plants. This is what they all look like at 4 weeks...

GMOGKB #1 - Starting height: 43 inches, after 4 weeks: 49.5 inches.
View Image

GMOGKB #2 - Starting height 47 inches, after 4 weeks 67 inches.
View Image

GMOGKB #3 - Starting height 37 inches, after 4 weeks 51 inches.
View Image

GMOGKB #4 - Starting height: 41 inches, after 4 weeks 62 inches.
View Image

GMOGKB #5 - Starting height: 39 inches, after 4 weeks 56 inches.
View Image

That’s all for now, thanks for looking!
That last pic is super sweet ....it’s gonna be a nice cola...:woohoo:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
2 and 4 look like the mom.

I like to see the number 1 with no stretch, bet it's got less chem smell too but the Chem funk is what folks like in the GMO.

3 looks like a nice hybrid is structure, are they starting to smell yet?

I just got the GMO back yesterday, let it go when I went to Mass this winter after never pulling anything I liked off from her.

she triggers very late outside and indoors I don't think I ever got her much past 10 weeks.

at the Gene Traders show I saw and smelled some primo GMO buds that went 82 days and the terps were extreme compared to what I was getting, going to give her another round and make more beans.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the next few days Chunky ... I’m gonna get everything Poppin...

Hookahhead

Sorry nothing to update again today.

I took these pictures a few weeks ago but haven’t got around to posting them yet. You may have noticed I have a random assortment of plant containers in the greenhouse. These include 3-5 gallon plastic pots that we originally had on hand, some large plastic fruit boxes (approx 10 gallon) and a few large cloth bags we made ourself. However each of these had its own drawbacks. I found a company here that produces grow bags similar to Honor bags, but they wanted $22 for each 10 gal, even when I wanted to buy 20!

Here’s what we’ve been switching to, I have over 50 of these on hand now. Cheap plastic laundry baskets from Walmart, $2 each. I measured them and calculated that they hold 9 gallon full, so we probably put around 8 gallon of media in them. They come in a few colors, which makes color coding possible. They’re durable as long as you handle them properly.

picture.php

Certainly have good drainage.

picture.php

We line it with a burlap sack. Each sack is $1.50 but we get 2 liners per sack (sewn across the middle then cut in half). The liners only last 1 cycle (3-4 months), but they’re added to the compost pile after harvest.

picture.php

Fill it with the beautiful soil I posted earlier. I then put a layer of worm castings and a layer of straw mulch (not pictured)

picture.php

The handles make a nice spot for a plant tag, I usually put one on each side for redundancy. Painters tape and a Sharpie have worked the best for me. Make the tag big enough that you can write the date you switch to flower.

picture.php

Hookahhead

While we’re discussing pots, I figured I’d show you the other ones most of the males are in.

I get these at a different big box store, they’re $6 for a set of two. They are a bit smaller, they hold 6 gallon when full. The mesh size is smaller, so you don’t need a liner. I do put a piece of cardboard to block the hole for the handle. The bottom is solid, but the holes on the sides start very low. With the plant saucer I can water from the bottom or the top.

picture.php

I get various volunteer plants because I use vermicompost. I love how they just shoot out of the sides. I’ll transplant the Coleus seedling for my wife, she likes to take care of them more than “my” plants. I should probably get some real cover crop in there...

picture.php

picture.php

With the holes in the sides, you can even transplant the whole thing into a bigger box! Photos are from my Monkey Shit thread

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Hooka:ying: These are the two first packs that I’m gonna try to get going:peacock:
picture.php

Hookahhead

@Chunkypigs - I’m glad to hear you got the GMO back, and are planning to make more seeds. I really like this cross, because the two parents are so different in growth and neither seems to over power the other in the offspring. Thanks for giving your input on the plants, I figured the really tall ones had to be GMO leaning. I love all the plants, it’s going to be hard to pick a favorite. I did try to sniff and describe each plant today.. but failed miserably. The plants definitely have an odor, just not one that I can describe easily. Some are sweet, like baked sugar cookies. Some have some funk, but good funk. the Durban #1 is definitely citronella candle. The greenhouse smells great, but the heat and dryness doesn’t help preserve the volatiles at all.

@star crash - Good choice for sure, I even have a few new photos to share with you!

Yay, we finally have a real update. Admittedly it’s a day early, these girls were switched on 3/28, which makes today day 41!

GMOGKB #5 - As others have mentioned, I really like the look of that zigzag kola. She looks like she has a bit to go yet, but she’s already looking nice.

Current height: 56.5 inches (Starting height: 39 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PoisonBreath #2 - She is starting to fade, she would probably like to be fed a little more next round. She also looks like she will be around for another update at least.

Current height: 44.5 inches (Starting height: 37 inches
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

Hey there we’re back again for another update. These are the last ladies to finish week 4! They were flipped on 4/13, putting us on day 29.

LocomotiveBreath #1 - This plant has been a bit of an underdog. Being one of the last females, it never looks as impressive as the others. She’s starting to yellow a bit and the spider mite issue hasn’t cleared up... still she is filling in nicely.

Current height: 56 inches (Starting height: 38 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

ScoutBreath #2 - Happy little bush. She doesn’t have a ton of resin yet, but she has plenty of time before the finish line.

Current height: 50.5 inches (Starting height: 43 inches)
picture.php

picture.php

Last week a good many tops were harvested from the plants that were in the greenhouse before these. The bottoms have fattened up nicely since the tops were removed. They’ll be harvested this weekend most likely. I also took the Stinkbug buds that were seeded for safe keeping. She makes huge beans, here she is pollinated with the (Headband x OGKB) #2.

picture.php

Hookahhead

Ok the last of the plants to finish up week 4 are these males. I realized yesterday the LocomotiveBreath plants were the first and last plants to flower. The engine and the cabooses! These guys switched on 4/15.

ScoutBreath #3 - Last update i said I wasn’t too impressed with this guy. My opinion has changed haha. Again these guys always look a little thinner because the bees clean up all the open flowers, you can see one flew in even after I moved the plant for the photos!

Current height: 57.5 (Starting height: 28.5
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LocomotiveBreath #3 - This plant definitely emits some stink. He’s grown nicely despite his small pot and motorcycle adventure early on. He’ll get a chance to make a few beans too.

Current height: 46 inches (Starting height: 30.5)
picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

Not a real update today, but I wanted to take the time to show some of the flower diversity going on in the garden right now. I love how variable this plant can be, and how popping a seed is like buying a ticket for the genetic lottery.

This GMOGKB #4 @ day 40 has what I consider normal pistils. They’re bright white and stick out of the bud.

picture.php

This GorillaScout @ day 46 has white pistils too, but they’re curly and stick close to the bud.

picture.php

ScoutBreath #2 @ 4 weeks has thick yellow tinted pistils, a good many of chunky’s seeds are showing this style.

picture.php

And here is my MonkeyShit #5 at 4 weeks, such a beautiful photogenic plant. The pollination from biCurious George was successful, I’m pretty excited about those seeds!

picture.php

The males aren’t quite as nice to look at, but here’s ScoutBreath #4 showing pink in his flower petiole. None of the others are showing this trait. Sorry that the picture is not the best.

picture.php

As always thanks for looking, and please feel free to make any comments!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
the OGKB 2.0 pistils have an off white color to them that stands out to me in the mix.

seems like those girls should be starting to smell by now, I hope you finger them like Biden every day and compare the smells...

consider one of the cheap bluetooth sensors for your greenhouse that will push info to your phone when you visit so you can log the environmental conditions in that greenhouse.

i'd try a similar structure with sreened sides and just a slanted roof for rain protection and a shadecloth for temp comtrol and see if it didn't work better in your climate. when I was down there it reminded me of Hawaii.

I'm guessing that high temps in there will hurt the terp profile but who knows without a record of temps?

i have a few of these that work well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774BGBHS

Hookahhead

Man I wish I had known about those. I brought 2 of the smaller inkbird sensors that fit in jars back with me last trip. Temperature and humidity are definitely an issue here. However even cheap gauges aren’t that common in stores. They’re not impossible to find though, I’ll look next time I’m in the bigger city.

I like your idea for the greenhouse, and that was originally along what I wanted to do. I have seen “screen houses” similar to the one pictured below. I wanted this with plastic roof for rain. Your idea of only sloping the roof 1 direction is pretty helpful.

picture.php

Instead the land owner built an opaque plastic hot box. He likes the plastic because it hides the plants a little better. I at least convinced him to use the shade cloth for better air flow. Still, if I get a temp/humidity gauge he may be more inclined to make a change once he sees the numbers. It’s hot as hell down here, though it is starting toward cooling down.

picture.php

Although the weather app insists otherwise, it hasn’t actually started raining yet, but it’s only a few weeks away at most. The humidity will spike for sure. Once the rains arrive, the weather will be mostly hot in the morning, a nice cool refreshing rain in the afternoon, then hot and muggy in the evening.

The blower that my friend had was a 220v motor. Although we could wire a 220 line to the greenhouse, I doubt the property owner will want to. Instead I picked up this death trap that’s suitable for 110. It’s really not what I had planned and I’m not sure how I’m going to use it just yet... I’m still searching for decent quality oscillating fans, but time is running out.

picture.php

picture.php

I had hoped to be harvesting most of these plants by now, but my screw ups early on set me back by at least a month. I’ve lost large top colas to mold before and it’s always gut wrenching. Now that I have decent info on what to expect for stretch and bud density, some the clones are being topped to encourage them to produce more bud sites with smaller buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts