What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Grow Diary

Dr Watt

Who What
Hi there. My news is that some Mr Nice Walkabout seeds just germinated 18/18 within 24 hours >>>> I ordered them 23 months ago > V NICE.

On the other hand, of 10 Super Skunk just 3 have cracked (maybe 4). I went to the MSNL site and they are discounting Super Skunk >>> I bought old seeds. They did arrive in 22 days tho. I've found old seeds swell and get dark then do nothing.

Chow for Now.

Dr Watt

Who What
Mr Nice Walkabout 2yrs Old

Mr Nice Walkabout 2yrs Old

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
MSNL says :

"IF YOU INSURE WE WILL RE-SEND TWO TIMES" and "our beans should last 2 years".

Well, nice story, nice, and then they sell OLD BEANS !!!

Do half the seed buyers get cold feet and just LET IT GO ?

I think it's time they start ACTING NOT LYING and GET 2 to resending 2 more times.

Oh, hello buzzbob56.

Arse.

Dr Watt

Who What
Super Skunk Walkabout

Super Skunk Walkabout

ONE more supsk up, just yellow to start, so THREE in total now.... seeing duds i was expecting 2 :bigeye:

Dr Watt

Who What
Watt Walkabout

Watt Walkabout

The Walkabout have got nice green colour now.

I got 3 x Super Skunk Regular up. One looked solid up top but the TIP melted white fudge - as always it'd take some side by side to verify. I expect 2 females from the SSK - the last one a male - it will be interesting.

picture.php

Here is a Northern Lights Auto mother cut. I have an adult 51/2wks bloom - growing bud v well right now but it is in the corner and have to smoke to see - not as much resin as PPPlant. Under 18hrs it has not flowered, started with fast growth but has slowed down > potential mother.

picture.php

The freebies I got from Seedsmen have been good, currently got 3x Cheese flowering. I show them later but for now there is one Indica and 2 Sativas > where's the cheese ?

Dr Watt

Dr Watt

Who What
Cheese from the Late 8 !

Cheese from the Late 8 !

Here's the cheese... two individuals > quality genetics that go back awhile >>> to the late 80's. The balls are heavy but there is an internode distance. To increase yield I'd bush this pheno but, in this instance and per usual, bloomed this seed plant topped once, for a mother, just to see .....

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
2 Packs 2 MUCH ?

2 Packs 2 MUCH ?

Now it's in my box so I'm gonna show it to you.

Before that I gotta mention something I didn't understand in 2004 on ICMAG forum :

GYP GYP GYP and this stick icon moving across the page ... GYP GYP GYP >>> I'm finding it very amusing thinking of it > good joke .....

anyway, msnl needed to find out that I could germinate seeds, I of course told them that I am Dr Watt and right now my germination technique is solid. Then I mentioned a magic word.... a word who original, longer title, was conceived by elfs on green crack in OZ ... GYP

Their next email can straight away ! Ha ! They promised to fix what was wrong by sending another pack of anything !!!!!! Nevertheless, the price of discounted regular OG matched the Super Skunk full price I paid. The Super Skunk that I bought are now on sale. They should've just sent two fuckin' packs to begin with. I'm a little skeptical they'll bother to resend. HA Ha

A plus is that they sent 2 x Five free Seeds (unlabelled) when my order was below $ sum. Hope they aren't a waste of time.

Nth Lights Auto

MedFaced

Hows the funk on that cheese? I got some of those freebies too and am a huge cheese fan. Love that offensive odor that makes you pull your face back after a whiff. I'm hoping it comes close because I haven't seen that in years.

Dr Watt

Who What
Cheese Funk, at 6 weeks normal intensity of smell. The indica has a stinky aspect - it reminds me of clean perspiration. This indica pheno looks like other indicas I've grown lately.

Dr Watt

Who What
Balls on RW

Balls on RW

I wanted to get these seedlings more light. In the latest heat days they got a little burnt, tin reflects light and heat a lot, evidenced by 2 or 3 getting little dots on the leaves. More green food and put them further from the light.

These Walkabout were inexpensive. I bought them to make quota for free seeds. Cloning the seed mothers and keeping those clones will be a hassle > I could regen the best plant but I'll probably take very late cuttings of a selection.

I'm not sure if I'll bother making seeds. Carrying a male, pollen, keeping the seed plants flowering for longer to mature the seeds, harvesting the seeds, storing the seeds, and growing untested seeds later.

Who
What

Dr Watt

Who What
Good Weight

Good Weight

Here's the stock, pedigree, early skunk?, cheese that has a danker smell than the other 'sativa' cheese. Good weight.

The Cheese indica has a rich smell : hash, sweet, sweat, dank. It has good size/weight.

On the tray is 3 x Nth Light Auto and 1 x Diesel Auto. The Diesel got too small and too dark. One Nth Light Auto is pictured below. The two other Nth Lights have done quite well and could be cropped now. They are on 12/12 which doesn't fully suit most autos especially if kept in veg for longer.

Finally, an update on my PPP. First the more Sativa morning smoke P1 and then Sativa/someindica P3. The P1 is blossoming alot, tho lighter weight.

Dr Watt

Who What
I just got a pitiful return from a huge mother ! Looking in the pot after chop I saw the roots still had more medium to work through and I didn't need to pot up to a 10". The PPP isn't the easiest plant to grow. I reckon it 'pulls' late which is difficult to feed to ... anyway I've been having trouble. I calculated that, if I didn't smoke it all, @ $200 an oz, the 250w on 6ft2 is earning me $10 per day. Slim pickings.

Dr Watt

Who What
Hellth

Hellth

Just lost a post. Not as common as lost seeds tho !

picture.php

Seedling trubs including yellow appearance. So I employed the GARDENER'S CURE :

EVERYTHING

including less light.

Here's the Duraflex tray with PPP12 NthAuto123 Cheese123 DieselAuto1. The PPP are tallest but missed something this time, they are too dark at the bud .... but dense and strong smoke.

The Cheese 3 second Sat has a skunk dank and great form :

This picture of my Gen came out well so I entitled it :

HEALTH

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
GARDENERS CURE

GARDENERS CURE

Gardener's Cure > Everything.

Watt does everything mean ?

It is every available change you can make for that stage of development. In this case I have seedlings > so 1. Grow Food 2. Foliar Feed 3. manual extraction of excess water 4. turn up the heater pad 5. both increase and decrease air in seedling box by making very small gap 6. remove balls from top (the idea to reduce evaporation failed) 7. some pH 8. re-assess the light strength > weak / strong, I decided to reduce the light because they had it more just before..... 9. re-pot up (i won't because they will take up too much room) 10. epsom salt amendment 11. Ep amendment + N boost with mild ph flush (I haven't tried this last one yet !) 12. More part A than part B ....

Who
What

Latest posts

Latest posts