What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Grow Diary

Dr Watt

Who What
Watering Rate

Watering Rate

Having stated that I water every 6 hours to 20 mins you may conclude that more is better. Well, in addition to media (i'm in rw) stump rot is real when the plant is continually watered - and certainly will affect a already deteriorated stem.

Similarly, I don't really believe in rtx but it does boost and prepare well. In accordance, I'm currently musing over dropping to 20mins from 30 and if so whether I should stay with 1 minute on - reducing the time on to 30 seconds may better suit root metabolism.

Less water more often is difficult because apply beyond saturation and it becomes more water more often.

Dr Watt

Who What
Art by Watt

Art by Watt

picture.php

Shout out to Buzzbob. That's a cool name.

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Hill

Weed Hill

To the my eye this looks like the best crop ever !

On camera it noa looka soa gooda :

picture.php

picture.php

... some weight to these lower mini buds :

In my "A" box (a 5x2 wardrobe) the pH dipped 6.4 to 5.9 and then 5.5 when it had been dropping slowly from ph 7.0 for weeks - I gave some CaN despite them being so green. I was conservative on the pt B to avoid this !!!! I had just given 2xNormal dose of RTX (Wed / Thurs) to size and bud stretch earlier ......

Dr Watt

Who What
nearly weed hill ....

nearly weed hill ....

Well folks, welcome back to Dr Watt's grow diary. To start with look at my generator.

In the dome is 3weeks old PPP cuttings that are bursting with roots and waiting for 'living space'; they will have to share with the msnl bubblegum seedlings. The PPP's will go to the table, only 6 this time : >

picture.php

Next is some Super Skunk (tall at left and right) with the 5xCheese 3 down lower. These guys are unbelievable dark green, no food last 3 days, with second rez change to 700/6.5 : >

Here is some more Cheese 3 at 10 days : >

Now here is my Tray at 60 days or 8.5 weeks.... swelling nicely, final rez flush is now at 0ppm and 7.3pH, I extra flushed this one because they didn't quite grow out the food .....

picture.php

as you can see they are shedding leaves rapidly. Anyway, look at the resin, strong stuff ! >

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
A B C PPP

A B C PPP

PPP Sativa Indica pheno (#3) top deck (x5)
PPP Sativa Sativa pheno (#1) bottom deck (x2)

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Light and Heat

Light and Heat

Here's the PPP. These buds are very solid. The smoke satisfies but the yield still looks smaller than pictures I've seen regularly :

This is the Cheese#3 (indica pheno) at 67dys. I put it in the bath because the resin was too small. It has improved slightly in 5 days. I warmed it up a few times with a heater and warm water :

A new crop onto the Tray. 3xPPP and 1xChee#3. Only 6 plants this time - I prefer 8 but intend to grow better this time !

MSNL Bubblegum. There are a variety of phenos, most notable is the 3 Indicas and couple Sats. I read that it smokes harsh so I will grow accordingly and hope that grower was wrong !
picture.php

Chee#3 x 8 @ 3wks. These are late, too much light/heat ball was holding them back so I put on a light spreader that is longer, aluminium, only cost $12.50 - an improvement on the small square white "Light Spreader"

Dr Watt

Who What
MSNL Seeds

MSNL Seeds

The Super Skunk T - light burn ?
picture.php

The Super Skunk W - buds all over, good weight and resin :
picture.php

Bubblegum
picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Praying, Spraying, Cheese BLOW UP & Dr Watt Predicts

Praying, Spraying, Cheese BLOW UP & Dr Watt Predicts

I will be dropping the cheese. Even tho' I haven't smoked cured gear yet, the lack in dry weight, lack of BIG resin, and lack of cheese have made the decesion pretty simple. I predicted that there would be no cheese, compared to an auto i've grown that WAS CHEESE (sorry no recall on name).

So on to the pictures :

Super Skunk (front left), Cheese (down), Super Skunk (right). I am flushing right now which the left Indica Super Skunk needs !

picture.php

This Super Skunk blows up, and with weight, but in these conditions (heat?) it is growing bananas (other pheno bit also). I'm spraying and praying !!!!

picture.php

Bubblegum advance.
picture.php

Cheese 3 (front left) BLOW UP !!!!! Dr Watt sees and predicts !
picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Discussion by Dr Watt

Discussion by Dr Watt

"I will be dropping the cheese. Even tho' I haven't smoked cured gear yet, the lack in dry weight, lack of BIG resin, and lack of cheese have made the decesion pretty simple."

plus

it tends to trunk rot..... making the decision pretty simple.

Regarding the 'Super Skunk' ..... they aren't sccc Super Skunk. The msnl supplier stated that it IS the SCCC (?) Super Skunk. A friend of got a pack from Sensi Seeds in late '89 and there is no similarity.....

This 'Super Skunk' indica pheno has been mixed with Blueberry, for a guess, even tho' it resembles the Super Skunk in thickness. The Sativa pheno, well it is a skunk, but as you can seeeee in my pictures it flower structure is unusual and NOT any Super Skunk pheno i've ever seeeeeen.

The msnl Super Skunk resin is NOT Super Skunk resin, it is just Skunk resin. Sure the tendency for SSk to odour in Gen can be a problem - neither pheno does here.

I have kept the Indica pheno as Mother and will investigate further.

Who

What

Dr Watt :joint:

Dr Watt

Who What
Help Needed to Move On

Help Needed to Move On

My new crop on the tray is at 11dys 12/12 (6 plants on 20sqft).

I ADDED 150ml Pt A and 30ml Pt B (canna bloom). pH has dropped from 6.1 to 5.5.

I thought Pt A raised pH.

Maybe due to too much light, yellowish tops. BTW light was 500w Metal Halide on 20ft2, now 650w (400HPS and 250MH) both with light spreaders. So not too much light. Anyway, that's why I added 2Days of Pt B so they could green up.

Further info is that the Rez prior to this 150/30 addition was (CalNit /PtA/PtB) : 155/180/130 and pH was 6.2. The Super Skunk and Cheese are not affected with the 4 PPP showing yellow tops most.

If any senior ICMAG member would like to help me here on PM >>>>

I NEED IT !!!!!!

ps my last PPP yield was .67 which was under aswell.

Chow for Now.

raCURE

All looking good, especially the bubblegum doc.

I understand the “my eye” view of yield :biggrin: made me laugh.

Dr Watt

Who What
They have finally fully greened up to the tips ! - it took 3 days.

I have doubled the rez volume which didn't drop the ppm or improve the pH much... it is now 155/5.6. I will start a new rez when it gets to 5.4 this time - the tap water is now pH 7 so this should work. BTW the town water used to be pH8+ which suited growing.

The Super Skunk was taken 'off dripper' for the first 6 hours after this 150/30 food input because this Super Skunk will overfeed.

Dr Watt

Who What
Super Skunk Spreader

Super Skunk Spreader

Another point re msnl's 'Super Skunk' is that the original's were 45 to 55 days and the indica Super Skunk would like to bloom 9 to 11 wks in this grow. It takes up food and can do better.

Good news is I have a big SSK indica on the "Wall" (tray) now, watt I call it anyway.

SSK I think it would be good outdoors and for beginner growers. Here's a picture of both ! >>>

picture.php

picture.php

The sativa pheno is quite early, expansive, large buds of weight, with well matured resin @ 9wks.

Dr Watt

Who What
BUBBLEGUM

BUBBLEGUM

These plants look very good so far and 9 females from a reg Pack of MSNL Bubblegum is a good result. I expect the feminisation influence in the genepool had enable 100 % Female if given the right conditions.

picture.php

There is 1 Sativa pheno (in comparison with rest). There maybe 1 more Indica pheno. The rest, as you might expect, are Mixed. The plants have great structure which is good for bud sites and for cuttings. Needing cuttings can be a problem when one plant is a standout.

They are in wrapped net pots (.5lt) and I will top them for cuts and bloom 8 in the cupboard (Box A), with the Sativa to go into the tall Closet (Box B). This does mean that all plants will be bloomed TWICE which is the norm for me.

My PPP sativa is smoking pretty well now @ 8mth dry, often need 4mths dry to get longer high.... so the Bubblegum stone will really only be fully assessed in 6mths time.... earliest ! that's november !!!!

AND HERE'S THE CHEESE (edit I forgot the cheese) which is coincidental 'cos they don't have any Cheese in 'em :grin: They were Seedmen freebies and a good plant I'd say.... nice stone but you might get bored with it ? Another problem is I'm growing better now than 6mth ago so ....

picture.php

Who What Dr Watt

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Another point re msnl's 'Super Skunk' is that the original's were 45 to 55 days and the indica Super Skunk would like to bloom 9 to 11 wks in this grow. It takes up food and can do better.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79478&pictureid=2036946&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Good news is I have a big SSK indica on the "Wall" (tray) now, watt I call it anyway.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79478&pictureid=2036952&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

SSK I think it would be good outdoors and for beginner growers. Here's a picture of both ! >>>

View Image

View Image

The sativa pheno is quite early, expansive, large buds of weight, with well matured resin @ 9wks.

looking good for the SSK strains. :tiphat:

Dr Watt

Who What
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

G'day,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These are clone mothers of PPP 1 & 3, my keepers. I am adding A.

Dr Watt

Who What
BubguM & Cheese3

BubguM & Cheese3

Here are 36 Clones of msnl Bubblegum at 10 days !!!!!
picture.php

Mothers !!!!!!

Mothers with heat/light burn at 1wk !!!!!!!! HPS to Flouro !!!!!!!!!
picture.php

Cheese 3 looking good at 47 days.
picture.php

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Ooooooo Ooooooo Ooooooooo Ooooooooo Oooooooo Ooooooo

Ooooooo Ooooooo Ooooooooo Ooooooooo Oooooooo Ooooooo

These are 8 Bubblegum. The night light was to keep light on, there are 2 HPS 250 in there and I switch between them, mind you I have run both globes in there, dwt, and got a big yield from Critico Rapido Auto.
picture.php

This is at couple days over 5wks and I think this might be the one !!!!!! Cheese3 foreground right aswell.
picture.php

Cheese3 at 58dys - good weight now, looks like Barney's Farm Peyote Critical, which I've grown and smoked - they have a mint fresh taste to them. Even though I have grown Cheese for over 5 months I haven't even smoked this weed yet !!!! I'll have a look tonight.
picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts