What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Grow Diary

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel

Weed Wheel

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Art by Watt

Art by Watt

Box runs WITH Panda Plastic closed over these cupboard doors. I like the GREEN GLOW from my Tray Table Bloom Room and how it matches the Casio SA-46 >>>>

picture.php

I need 100cfm > 300cfm to make it work and so have used a Dimmer Speed Controller.

picture.php

>>> $50 each but they dim for all types of fans (edit Dichroic is not listed as it is on the cheaper "leading edge" dimmer) devices...... dunno watt that is but if it does DI-CHRONIC then it can do anything.

Chow for Now

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
The term 'dichroic lamp' almost always refers to low-voltage MR11 or MR16 halogen spotlights.

I have a much cheaper dimmer (HPM 300E) that has worked really well. It is now the "250VA leading edge rotary dimmer". It is only $20 delivered. The low voltage aspect works with a 50w fan. I expect the expensive dimmers I have (32E45OUDM) can do low voltage well also but ....

but I haven't compared the HPM 300E with the Clipsal 32E45 (both companies have comparative products and both are 1st quality) because the 300E (cheaper one) is in use on a Solau & Palau 8" MixedFlow Fan....

which is easily more silent than CanFan 6" - as a fan itself, and coupled with the 'el cheapo' dimmer (that does dichroic !) it easily runs down to 100 cfm with no hum ! I tried to replicate that with a 8" RK CanFan with no success - infact - I returned the 8" for a 6" CanFan - but once again the S&P is much quieter.

Another aspect is whether the dimmer is Leading Edge or Trailing Edge (clipping the electrical wave signal) with Trailing Edge being more sophisticated. As I guessed the 300E are Leading Edge and maybe this is the secret ???? I'll buy a couple of these ("in wrapping") on ebay atm for $17 delivered and THEN I'll be able to compare....

.... I still have to get the fan down THEN screw/unscrew the Dimmers ......

You can buy fans with a Speed Contoller built in. That could be great to listen to in-shop, but costs $150, and as I had dimmers I did it myself.

Okay, figured some stuff out here, THIS TIME THIS POST, whew !

Who

What

Dr Watt

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel cont.

Weed Wheel cont.

The 18 Walkabout Regular :

picture.php

Duralex Tray Today !! >>> PPP and 2 Cheese :

picture.php

I think many problems i've been having is due to not using Grow Food. I used to give grow food up to week 3.... but "re-learning the square" does include forgetting things you did right ...

Canna regime is not as easy as CalNit=A and everythng else in B because it limits being able to use pt A to green up a plant. I expect it has advantages during rundown / flush.

You can buy CalNit as CaliMagic (respected brand) or the AN one which has a higher N % then add to bloom food..... or buy Grow food.

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel

Weed Wheel

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I think the cheaper "dimmer" works better. It is similar but I'd say definitely better, maybe you'll buy the pricier one to verify also ! I've got my Can RK150, without a filter, down to around 100cfm.... as I mentioned my 8" S&P on a Can33 8" is really quiet and down to 100cfm.

Got the green goin on the tray with some CalMag amendment of equal measure 1ml Cal Mag to 1ml of A and 1ml of B. Works so far.

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Hill

Weed Hill

So watt I got ?

Mother Running :
Pure Power x 2
Cheese x 1 > skunky pheno

Gen :
Super Skunk > yet to choose mother
17 Walkabout > haven't the space so will bloom out

Fridge :
Bubblegun Reg (msnl)
OG Kush Regular (msnl)
2x5seeds Freebies (msnl)
Skunk Special (female seeds)

I'm keen on the Bubblegum because it is the right flavour for weed..... it's 'cough inducing' some reviews say......

I read the OG Kush is almost too high in THC, good yield, Sounds good.

Freebies > ? > they could be really good, medium or ordinary w/ great to worst within each seed lot .....

The Super Skunk reviews as a bit couchlock. Yes, can remember that, you can get used to it and kind of 'swarm' on. There wasn't
much sativa options back in '89 so it may be a bit dated now in that regard. I'm still interested !!!

I remember the Sensi Seeds Super Skunk ('89) version was really easy to manicure but produce powdery mildew in a cold grow.

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
News Flash

News Flash

Walkabout has gone, sorry, on "walkabout". These plants were donated to another grower .... he even gifted me $170 :bigeye:

:scripture: and I WILL CONTINUE with PPP, Cheese3, SuperSkunk as mothers with OG Kush and Bubblegum to come followed by Skunk Special and msnl FREEBIES !

"Walkabout" is used in Australia to describe when an Indigenous Person leaves home unexpectedly or for inadequate reasons and walks for days - weeks - even months or years.

Dr Watt

Who What
WooD

WooD

:scripture: I indeed will be able to 'mother' my Super Skunks....... because ...... they are all female !!! A hand lens has shown pistils on all three ! This is good for Dr Watt"

and he breaks into song :friends:

(Intro : West Side Story dance movie about adultlescence issue. Got that ? )

BOOM BOOM TINTINTIN BOOM BOOM (you'll have to fill in the music in yer mind)

the main character in this scene is wearing a scarf, pint in hand, cobblestones, night, drunk .....

"and then SHE SUCKED ME OFF" :tree:

character development, he swings around a gas pole (telegraph pole) .....

Like that ?

Pictures to follow >>>>>

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel

Weed Wheel

Here are the 3 Super Skunks. I'll be surprised if any 'go' male.

picture.php

Weed wheel in progress. Wanted to arrange the plants in circles for the Art by Watt but couldn't be stuffed and you can imagine it now anyway. Enjoy.

Here's the Tray at 6 dys. Not sure about yellow tops. The plants are under two 250w MH tubular retros at a good clearance, I'll switch to 400 HPS at 10 to 14 days. The MH does delay bloom but it can stop stretch.... this time it has made these medium height plants bush more. I gave some B to complement the N and A I've been adding lately.

Here's the B Box at 33 days. They started yellowing too early, um at week 3 this time, and I added late N. They are 18 plantlets there. At week 2 I had a huge root die off.... the rez went cloudy (now re-absorbed) - have been wondering if it was due to not using any pH down like I used to >>> which leads me to launch this beauty (in lieu 'add salt/sugar to taste'):

"pH to Taste"

picture.php

The root dieoff occurred outside of the netpots, the roots overflow out, I gave some rtx (white shark's good) on the roots, the early weight is low but the pH is steady at 6 with daily food inputs so I think this is on cue. (reason rez change during N exrtra)

and that's it for today >>>> Who What

Dr Watt

Dr Watt

Who What
Rent-a-Grower Rent-a-Space

Rent-a-Grower Rent-a-Space

WoW !!!!! WoW !!!! WoW !!! WoW !! WoW !

Check this out in ACT Australia !!!!! :gday:
You can pay $100 a week for a Rent-a-Grower to grow 2 plants for you !! OR You can rent a space on your property for a Grower to run a crop (for themselves I assume)

https://potplace.com.au/current-marijuana-friendly-rentals-in-canberra-act/

The payer visits the grow at harvest, the site says... then take it green ? or wait for it to be dried by the rent-a-grower ? Watt if the Grow fails and $100 a week has been paid for 8 weeks ?????

When you rent a space, thus get paid, i don't think you get the weed, just the $.

I recks, whether the venture fails or no, this they will encourage people to try it for themselves.

Dr Watt

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
That is pricy to spend 100USD for a week. Spending more money one a durable LED light for years grow is better. :biggrin:

Dr Watt

Who What
Lead Up

Lead Up

Legal seed, even from overseas, is only available in the Australian Capital Territory.

I've germinated some more seeds. I'm still to flower 3 Super Skunks and have 3 mother clones of them. I've got a Cheese cut and 2 Power Plants. This should lead to 4 mothers....

Seed longevity tends to make one germinate a few months early. It was a positive when Mr Nice Walkabout went 18 for 18.

Before the Pics, I just got a Sestos Quatric Timer. Turns out the 2nd output will only run AFTER the first output - so unless you want to turn on a heater as an afterthought - it is not necessary. They always say "2 RELAYS" but that means ON / OFF is actively worked by a relay rather than relying on a spring to return to gate to OPEN.

This Sestos Quatric Timer (B3S-2R-220) is easy to program for one or both outputs. You can hear the Relay click .... I have a Mulitmeter and there is NO POWER. I learned that COM is common return and NO / NC is not open not closed. Got It.

I also learned that you need to close the start operations pole in a short wire, the two other poles are to STOP and to stop Electrical output (the counter still runs).

Anyway, this device is STOCK BROKEN ! It was sold by Inkbird from China with return address in NewSouthWales. Truthfully, in trying all the combinations, including messing with it on the bench (couch for me) there is a risk of electrocution !

I'm pissed ! This is the 5th timer that has been broken !!! The other four were really cute and solid state board (mini mini motherboard)... buttons didn't work, relay no go,

Two timer boards worked but one stopped working @ 2000 pulls and the other has performed 29mins OFF and 3mins ON for months.

Here's a SRV live gig to remember we don't sweat that much and it's not THAT bad >>>

https://youtu.be/DQ4REYdCkTw?list=RDr3cmXIbiPww

An associate of mine, who has mech eng, he couldn't tell me that the COM is the Black wire .... jeez somebody died already.