What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winter 2020 log

Fitzera

Finally, here are the studs in all their glory.
Skunk Berry left, Borthern Berry right
20200205_123147.jpg
20200205_123158.jpg

And for anyone curious of my blumat setup, here is what I use as a reservoir. Running a large one allows me to keep the hydrostatic pressure high and steady, lessening any issues with runaways. I also have a drain/purge valve at the end of the line.
20200205_123210.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, T - 14 days till flip...I repeat...14 days till flip. See you in 7!

Fitzera

And then there were 4 (clones).

Left one of the Black Fire Chems as it diesnt really have roots yet, it can keep trying and is just a backup.

Left 2 of the Sour D x SSh as backups as well.

And the Catpiss is only a few days in.
The two clones with the best root development were put in with the studs. See if they will flower alright from this point so I can reverse them for fem pollen.

20200206_111536.jpg
20200206_111553.jpg
20200206_111604.jpg
20200206_111616.jpg

Fitzera

I was looking over the plants and picked up the Skunk Berry I've been waiting on, the one I was sure was a male...well she gave me a sneak peak..yes SHE! Excellent, its turning out as I had hoped and planned.
I was all out of 5gal pots though so I ran to town. While I was there I saw they got in the Langbeinite I had asked about, so I had to grab some.
Transplanted the Skunk Berry and put a tablespoon of langbeinite under each drip line to dissolve slowly into the soil.
That's it now. Only water until the day I flip, at which point I'll top dress with a mixture I made up and give them a tea. After that it's just water and a tea on weeks 3, 5 and maybe 7 depending how things are looking.
The mixture I made consists of:
3.3 cups Bluesky Organics Organic Reactor
(A flowering specific top dress)
6 cups ewc
1/2 cup kelp
1/2 cup neem
4.5 cups Soil
And I'll top dress each pot with 1.5 cups of this mix.

20200206_165650.jpg

Fitzera

Time to bump this to the top for a moment, it's been a week and we are picking up steam now!

Lets see, what's happened in the past 7 days...

My friends work schedule is..well there is no schedule and hes not sure when he will be back in town, so I've taken cuts for him to make a mother from and grow out. With that said, the Black Fire Chem got transplanted into a 5gal fabric pot and has a permanent place in the tent. In fact, every plant is staying now. I might still give the cats something to chew on, but they do get a good fill when I do any defoliating.

With all the plants in 5gal now, the humidity rose on it's own to almost 90%. I removed the humidifier as it's no longer needed, spaced out the plants and turned on the exhaust fan to start extracting air. To keep the temperature decent, I've started running the 600w as well, without any air cooling. The space heater on runs during lights off to keep from getting too low if and when we have another cold snap.

This gives them a week to get acclimated to the lower humidity, slightly lower temperature and increased light.

While setting up a 2nd blumat for the BFC, I found that 21 blumats ran fine but adding the 22nd I didnt have the pressure required for the end of the line. Easy fix. Looped the feed line as most people do with a blumat setup. And i put my purge line coming from the middle of the loop (furthest from reservoir feed line).

Some defoliating took place, I'll do more during the stretch when I can see how each strain does its thing. I also stripped the bottom 3rd, and will strip more along the lines as the defoliating.

The Gorilla Zkittlez are the tallest of the bunch, I super cropped the 4 main tops on each of them.

I apologize for the hps colouring of the pictures, I'll try to start taking them at lights out.

With that said, heres the overall shot
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez'
picture.php

picture.php

And an example of the super cropping
picture.php

Catpiss
picture.php

Fitzera

Now...you wanna see my balls?

Ok, here goes..

Northern Berry balls
picture.php

Skunk Berry balls
picture.php

picture.php

And that's that! Fuck, isnt it much nicer with big pictures?! Bout time I do it this way, the good pics are coming up shortly!
Next update, day 1 of 12/12!

Fitzera

Thanks, which boy would that be? �� Where should I move him? Outside? Its -20C and snowing ����❄☃️

Fitzera

Start of 12/12 cleanup

Start of 12/12 cleanup

So over the past week I've been adding an hour each day to the night cycle with last night being the first full 12hr dark period.

This morning I pulled all the plants out and did a bunch of cleaning up and defoliating. Top dressed with 1.5 cups of the mix I made up for flowering and watered that in with ewc tea.*

Tried to rearrange them in such a way that everyone can get a good amount of light and have space to stretch out...but there is no spare space. 9 plants in 5gals no problem, but 11 is a really tight squeeze. I'm going push on anyway, I ain't no quitter!

Overall shot before cleanup
picture.php

Royal Gorilla
picture.php

Catpiss
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez'
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Skunk Berry
picture.php

Overall after cleanup
picture.php

Skunk Berry stud
picture.php

Northern Berry stud
picture.php

SPLOOGE
picture.php

I did, I missed the Critical Cure. But fear not, she is alive and well! I'll include her next time...and untill then, keep fit and have fun!

Fitzera

Start of week 2 12/12

Start of week 2 12/12

So ive run into a side effect of having the tent packed so full....getting good update pictures at this stage is impossible. Even harder trying to do it in the dark before the lights come on. I'm definitely not pulling them out to take pictures one by one.
Itll get easier after the next defol and as buds develope.

So with that said, here is probably the worst update yet.

Overall, the canopy is leveling out pretty decently.
picture.php

Critical Cure
picture.php

Cannalope Hazes
picture.php

Black Fire Chem
picture.php

Catpiss
picture.php

Fitzera

Skunk Berry
picture.php

Sour D x SSH
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 1
picture.php

Gorilla Zkittlez 2. I had to I supercrop this one. I left her alone after the last one and she righted herself and healed up. So we did it again. This time however I went a bit too far with one of the tops and had to tape it. Still alive and will heal up fine.
picture.php

Northern Berry
picture.php

Fitzera

Royal Gorilla. She was the shortest of them all other than Critical Cure...but I'm expecting quite a bit of stretch to come.
picture.php

Upskirt. I like these shots
picture.php

And finally the pollen collected so far. Today will be the last collection. Gonna get rid of the males and clean that area of lingering pollen to make room for the clones to be reversed.
picture.php

picture.php

I may start doing my updates on the weekends as the next 8 weeks I'll be very busy during the week. Well see.

Till then, keep on growing and smoking!*

whitebox

Hey Fitz, your garden is veeeeery nice.
love your little breeding project because i agree with you say you can discover some great things in pollinating and/or reversing some good genetic phenos.
the few time i did it by mystakes where really lucky-ending because only good thing spreads out.
nice crosses and phenos to hunt, maybe i'm ultra-lucky but i doubt...
this plant is just magic as soon as you start to know and understand it a bit imo.
so, i'm subbed , obviously...:biggrin:
cheers Fitzera.
:tiphat:

Fitzera

Clean and healthy

Thanks brotha. I have good feelings about this one!

Hey Fitz, your garden is veeeeery nice.
love your little breeding project because i agree with you say you can discover some great things in pollinating and/or reversing some good genetic phenos.
the few time i did it by mystakes where really lucky-ending because only good thing spreads out.
nice crosses and phenos to hunt, maybe i'm ultra-lucky but i doubt...
this plant is just magic as soon as you start to know and understand it a bit imo.
so, i'm subbed , obviously...:biggrin:
cheers Fitzera.
:tiphat:

Thanks Whitebox!
I'm hoping I can create something special, and like you found, I'm pretty confident itll work out. I dont imagine I'll make something that's lower quality than what's going in to begin with.
Also, it will be nice to be able to share something different or unique, made by me, with the community.

Glad to have you here!