What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermontman - Purple Satellite Grow (Indoor / Outdoor)

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Don't see any comparison between Otto#1 and Purple Satellite.
PS has far more purple thnx to the Bluehemp Nepali.

Don't see any comparison between Otto#1 and Purple Satellite.
PS has far more purple thnx to the Bluehemp Nepali.

Otto#1 has nepali hash plant, which is alot more reputable and has a well known phyto-chemical composition. I believe Bodhi is where the nepali hashplant came from. I've been growing nepalese for years, have a few people over in Nepal I support in exchange for seed.
If you've seen the nepali hash plant, it most definitely turns purple in cold temps.. thats common trait in most land-races...

mexcurandero420

Veteran
But this is the Nepali hashplant which is used in Purple Satellite

picture.php

B

Benny106

Looks like generic hemp to be honest....

To my understanding hemp/drug cultivars are determined by chemotype, not phenotype..and in Nepal they have multi use cultivars that are both fiber and drug strains, im not sure what you are implying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering hemp/drug cultivars are determined by chemotype, not phenotype..and in Nepal they have multi use cultivars that are both fiber and drug strains, im not sure what you are implying?

Hemp is defined by chemotype & morphology, i'm referring to fibrous hemp, which grows abundant all over Nepal. However, in certain regions such as Rukum you're more likely to find "charas-cultivars"
I wouldn't consider them narcotic drug-types in comparison to middle eastern land-races, however they do offer a more spiritual high, especially the charas itself. I make charas every so often from my vietnamese hybrids. :watchplant::smoke:

drosera420

Premium user
Maybe I'm oldschool but this is not productive for anyone. There is overlap in all plant breeding. Do ya think Ball seed or Benary did a 100% individual line of poinsettias, cyclamen, or anything else ? Been going on forever no matter the country or species. Ya like the end result sweet ! Ya don't move on and let the folks that do alone. Don't think tropics needs the attention or flames. Whatever, I'm just an old fart happy to have legit choices without ending up in jail here in the midwest. This strain is on my list for all the right reasons, and it doesn't matter if the jolly green giant did the cross. Move on good man, let it go and let it alone. Your not gonna change much here.

Maybe I'm oldschool but this is not productive for anyone. There is overlap in all plant breeding. Do ya think Ball seed or Benary did a 100% individual line of poinsettias, cyclamen, or anything else ? Been going on forever no matter the country or species. Ya like the end result sweet ! Ya don't move on and let the folks that do alone. Don't think tropics needs the attention or flames. Whatever, I'm just an old fart happy to have legit choices without ending up in jail here in the midwest. This strain is on my list for all the right reasons, and it doesn't matter if the jolly green giant did the cross. Move on good man, let it go and let it alone. Your not gonna change much here.

Thats highly untrue, and clearly why their is people disputing intellectual property. I proved my point and thats all that matters.

If you're gonna open up shop in VT be legit about:tiphat:

TheDarkStorm

thats funny pineapple we know you guys are fraud, i talked to SF too. I'm not vermontseed, I ran hash hands for a good time till you bums bastardized genetics i freely gave to the public

Heres one way to sort this....why dont you give a couple of the guys here who have purple satellite some otto#2 so they can do a comparison on here...and just to be fare im sure we can find someone to donate some otto#2 from a independent source aswell just so we can be sure what your sending is actually otto#2....then a couple of the experienced growers here can grow and document these side by side right here on ic mag....what do you say

TheDarkStorm

Wait, if I understand correctly are you saying that VM would have stolen a hemp variety to resell it as purple sat?
Ok, I call myself out of this discussion ...
It is becoming clearer to me why smart people stop posting on forums ....

Does it make any sense to you dread ?..passing off a hemp strain as a hight thc strain ....and none of the guys with all they years of experience they have here have realized that its not a thc rich strain ther smoking but hemp....really ther buzzing off the fresh air ther inhaling....hhhhmm sound right to you ?

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Hemp is defined by chemotype & morphology, i'm referring to fibrous hemp, which grows abundant all over Nepal. However, in certain regions such as Rukum you're more likely to find "charas-cultivars"
I wouldn't consider them narcotic drug-types in comparison to middle eastern land-races, however they do offer a more spiritual high, especially the charas itself. I make charas every so often from my vietnamese hybrids. :watchplant::smoke:

This isn't the fibrous hemp type and i've grown several other fibrous varieties from the Ukraine, Hungary as comparison before.

Blue hemp Nepali gives btw the purple trait easily to the next generation in a hybrid.

picture.php

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Does it make any sense to you dread ?..passing off a hemp strain as a hight thc strain ....and none of the guys with all they years of experience they have here have realized that its not a thc rich strain ther smoking but hemp....really ther buzzing off the fresh air ther inhaling....hhhhmm sound right to you ?

What can I say? Sometimes it's better not to say anything ...
The only thing I can't (really) understand is why someone has to steal a hemp strain to make money when he could take any bagseed, cross it with kush or skunk, make up a good story and sell it....
It would be much easier....

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The HashMan is only on ICMag trying to destroy a Breeders reputation, nothing else. Like some pointed out, there is absolutely no sense to steal a feral hemp strain and selling it as a high THC strain. Sadly that guy seems to really think thats the case, which really let me believe he has a mental illness to some kind.

Btw, he is doing that since a few years, he wrote emails to Vermontman with things like "i know where you live" and such stuff. Writing false comments on Seed_finder with the same insults and false claims about stealing genetics. It's always the same guy with just different handles. Im pretty sure it's that guy "vermontseeds" from Instagram, the very same talk about CBD Hemp and that Otto#1 and Otto#2 strain, running two businesses with CBD stuff.

So why accusing someone for stealing a CBD hemp strain and selling it as a high THC strain, there simply is no sense, it's like comparing apples and oranges, people would notice it when growing Purple Satellite. Probably jealousy, not being able to accept other people from the same home state have a successful small business running, which not even have something in common like i said, CBD vs High THC, apples and oranges. I mean, just cause Vermontman is from the same state like that guy?

It's like i would sell toilet paper, and a other guy in the same home state is selling the food we shit out in the end and using the toilet paper i sold before. There is no real sense behind it, but hey....

There is only one distributor for GreenMountainSeeds Purple Satellite and the rest of the GMS Strains, ACE Seeds, and that for about two years now i think. They simply wouldn't sell it that long if it would be feral hemp.

The BlueHemp Baglung Nepali and it's traits are well known since a very long time. Vermontman was always pretty transparent about what parents he is using, it's no rocket science.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Wait, this is not true, you have come here making accusations, without a proof, a test, something that proves what you say, take as an example sfndr, on which you find everything written, even the most imaginative lineages, and you get angry if do not believe you? I repeat, I personally do not care what is between you and VM, but when you say qu you have to support it, I don't see the connection otto-purple sat....

One last thing, and then you will not read the posts of an idiot like me: you say that you are in the EU, you have been working for years with legal cannabis, etc ... you will not be one of those gentlemen who sell carmagnola flowers, or finola, ( with names like kush or haze) for 15 € / g?

Wait, this is not true, you have come here making accusations, without a proof, a test, something that proves what you say, take as an example sfndr, on which you find everything written, even the most imaginative lineages, and you get angry if do not believe you? I repeat, I personally do not care what is between you and VM, but when you say qu you have to support it, I don't see the connection otto-purple sat....

One last thing, and then you will not read the posts of an idiot like me: you say that you are in the EU, you have been working for years with legal cannabis, etc ... you will not be one of those gentlemen who sell carmagnola flowers, or finola, ( with names like kush or haze) for 15 € / g?

As stated before, I hand these seeds out for free, as selling them without permission can violate a legitimate companies IP. Anyone who knows Oregon CBD won't even resell their hemp genetics, why? because its not a smart thing to do.

The HashMan is only on ICMag trying to destroy a Breeders reputation, nothing else. Like some pointed out, there is absolutely no sense to steal a feral hemp strain and selling it as a high THC strain. Sadly that guy seems to really think thats the case, which really let me believe he has a mental illness to some kind.

Btw, he is doing that since a few years, he wrote emails to Vermontman with things like "i know where you live" and such stuff. Writing false comments on Seed_finder with the same insults and false claims about stealing genetics. It's always the same guy with just different handles. Im pretty sure it's that guy "vermontseeds" from Instagram, the very same talk about CBD Hemp and that Otto#1 and Otto#2 strain, running two businesses with CBD stuff.

So why accusing someone for stealing a CBD hemp strain and selling it as a high THC strain, there simply is no sense, it's like comparing apples and oranges, people would notice it when growing Purple Satellite. Probably jealousy, not being able to accept other people from the same home state have a successful small business running, which not even have something in common like i said, CBD vs High THC, apples and oranges. I mean, just cause Vermontman is from the same state like that guy?

It's like i would sell toilet paper, and a other guy in the same home state is selling the food we shit out in the end and using the toilet paper i sold before. There is no real sense behind it, but hey....

There is only one distributor for GreenMountainSeeds Purple Satellite and the rest of the GMS Strains, ACE Seeds, and that for about two years now i think. They simply wouldn't sell it that long if it would be feral hemp.

The BlueHemp Baglung Nepali and it's traits are well known since a very long time. Vermontman was always pretty transparent about what parents he is using, it's no rocket science.

Bro you have no reputation in VT, and I can prove it, ACE backing your little fake venture proves it. I don't even own a instagram, but alot of people know who you guys are, why? because we all talk to each other in person.. I have legit magazine features, you guys have to be the most dumbest people to try to establish yourselves in VT the way you did, I ran hash hands for 5 yrs prior to GMG and everyone knows me as Hash at the VT events, ask around you will hear about it me and my Real Reputation.

You sound hurt coming at me with that mental illness angle thinking I'm all these people targeting you, its funny because I didn't even know about GMG until another breeder near the Canadian border came and told me about how your green mountain grape is bastardized version of my old school elephant. Funny how word travels huh?

You can play those games on the forum but you wont be playing them in VT anymore. Thats not a threat, thats people who now know your a fraud blacklisting your bullshit. :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts