What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermontman - Purple Satellite Grow (Indoor / Outdoor)

Ever you never heard of hemp farmings crops testing hot? Cherry Wine is known to top around 8-12% THC and thats considered a stable CBD cultivar..

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Hey I dont know Vermontman myself neither do I know you..but im just intrested in the plant it sounds like its worth trying.. I do know Vermontman has been on the boards many years tho...although iv never spoke to him...an some of his stuff is documented...so this other claim coming out the blue does seem strange so you have to understand that people will want to see evidence backed with pictures.

TheDarkStorm

Every you never heard of hemp farmings crops testing hot? Cherry Wine is known to top around 8-12% THC and thats considered a stable CBD cultivar..
Yea but thats geneticly with in the plant already not all phenotypes are stable they all sit within its genetic range of that type.it cant just suddenly go to 30%thc the more over ripe it gets

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hey I dont know Vermontman myself neither do I know you..but im just intrested in the plant it sounds like its worth trying.. I do know Vermontman has been on the boards many years tho...although iv never spoke to him...an some of his stuff is documented...so this other claim coming out the blue does seem strange so you have to understand that people will want to see evidence backed with pictures.

Vermontman is on the boards since around 2014/2015, on 420Mag he goes by the name Tropics. He lives mainly in Vermont and has a 2nd home in Florida as he needs some sun in the cold dark months, think that's why he use the name Tropics on the other board. He was a well known Orchid breeder...but he is already retired since a few Years. The Purple Satellite was first released by the name Oaxaca x Nepali, but as some Plants have some kind of a look of a Purple Satellite he decided to use this name.

That was the look of the first original packs first sold in 2017, i sold them for him for a short time but had to quit as i had some personal problems. The logo also was made by me. I received the Seeds in bulk from him and ordered the stickers and the mylar bags. Im happy for him he can continue with ACE Seeds as reseller, as they have much more experience in seeling seeds and doing the postal stuff much better as i was able to do for vman. :)

picture.php

PS: From the people who ordered the Purple Satellite from ACE, are they sold in a ACE bag, or in a Green Mountain Seeds pack? :)

MIGreenman

This thread did not deliver!

This thread did not deliver!

What a disappointment. I came here for a grow and smoke report. WTF happened? Anyone?

Hotmess

Has anybody seen vermontman this year? I haven’t seen any posts and all his older posts seem to be gone. Great breeder hope all is well.

TheDarkStorm

you havent seen VT man cause hes a fraud, he tried stealing someone elses genetics and got called on it. We disputed in over here in VT. He also goes by the name tropics on other forums. most of those purple satelites are xxxxx otto #1. Ask and you will receive proof :pimp3:

There are pure seeds of the oaxacan skull out and its definitely not otto. Go look in the Mexican thread. The oaxacan skull has been put to the oaxaca line that gbg and ace use and there aint no otto hemp phenos in those either....the skull looks nothing like otto...so you might want to give it a rest.....by the way your hash man tagg were did you think that up from...im sure Vermont man used that name originally...your a funny guy hash man

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunshineinabag

Super excited to get this one going, I couldn't wait until April 1. They popped about a week ago and are now in rapid rooters surrounded by Coco under T5. So far only one tap water. Can't wait to get these outdoors in the coming few weeks once the rain stops. I'm 90% sure I'm going to run these outdoors in 90% Coco and 10% perlite with HGV nutrients.

View Image

Sweet!

MIGreenman

Glad thats all you have to say... then we won't have to hear the "he's a fraud" BS. With no proof. From a newbie with an axe to grind. Now- more grow and smoke reports please! Oh, and Otto is a hemp variety created by Centennial seeds in colorado.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
There are pure seeds of the oaxacan skull out and its definitely not otto. Go look in the Mexican thread. The oaxacan skull has been put to the oaxaca line that gbg and ace use and there aint no otto hemp phenos in those either....the skull looks nothing like otto...so you might want to give it a rest.....by the way your hash man tagg were did you think that up from...im sure Vermont man used that name originally...your a funny guy hash man

Yes indeed, that guy has no clue what he is talking about. In Purple Satellite you can clearly see the influence of the Baglung Nepali in some colorful phenos. I grew the Purple Satellite and the Oaxaca'79 Skull, for sure Vmans Oaxaca is in the PS Cross, i can see and smell it. The Skull brings sweet licorice aromas to the Purple Satellite. The Baglung Nepali with it's semi autoflowering helps to finish it fast.

Hell im happy Vermontman not has choosen a shit name like Otto#1 for his cross. ^^

Sunshineinabag

Can we just ignore the haters drinking the h- Ade......and focus on the gifts we have been bestowed I loving this vtman stuff....if you could only of seen the flowers I used to be lucky enough to get up here like starting in 84' only cause of my age.....vermonts a guerilla growing ...under the radar spot even before nor cal

Max Q

Purple Sat...highly recommended for NE grows OD

Purple Sat...highly recommended for NE grows OD

I grew two females in small 9" flower pots on my deck summer before last... also had one male .... I pollinated a branch of everything else I had going...Wedding cake, Blue Dream.... etc.....I'll be trying those crosses out hoping for early finishers.. (kind of documented somewhere on here)

From 2 females I got more yield than all the other strains.... I still have jars of it... and I have smoked a ton, and made some into concentrate.... big ass colas, completely finished by mid-September...

Everyone i've given it to likes it... credit to VermontMan...

I'm sure vermont man would love to claim he was me, my family has been in Vermont since the 1800s and I have the genealogy to prove it, also was one of the first people to hand out xxxxxxxxx Otto 1# and #2 in VT. would love to see some genetic mapping done. Axe to grind? nah, just highly connected on the east-coast :tiphat: I'd gladly converse with any of you in person, I hit up all the tri-state area canna event and am currently in the process of studying for my PhD in plant biology:thank you:

Last edited by a moderator: