What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermontman - Purple Satellite Grow (Indoor / Outdoor)

Super excited to get this one going, I couldn't wait until April 1. They popped about a week ago and are now in rapid rooters surrounded by Coco under T5. So far only one tap water. Can't wait to get these outdoors in the coming few weeks once the rain stops. I'm 90% sure I'm going to run these outdoors in 90% Coco and 10% perlite with HGV nutrients.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190402063648642-e1554316939105.jpg

Spinme

I grabbed these 2 I hope results are stellar.
Seems like a good breeding tool to possibly lower flower times on long range sativa's without watering down the genes with indica.
Good luck

Spinme

I grabbed these too.
Seems a good breeding tool to lower flower times with longer sativa's without watering down with indicas

dugzy

I will definitely be looking in fridge farmer, excited for you as well. Vermontman made some real beauties with those Satellites!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I ordered P.S. as well.
Three reasons. Mold resistant, early finisher, and pink pistils!

Wondering if pistils are pink indoors or only under sun. Can't wait to find out.
Good luck guys!
37ish° lat.

Subbed!

Everything is coming along nicely. Doing a lot of work in the yard to make room for the Purple Satellites, as well as a bunch of vegetables.

Included in that work is moving five tons of gravel and creating a place for some large plants to be out of reach from a German Shepherd who is particularly fond of Cannabis...

I went ahead and popped a couple of Ace seeds that I got in a feminized mix last year. Those may or may not finish outdoors as well.

Happy with how the Purple Satellite babies are doing. I left the fan off and it got a bit hot in the cabinet for a few hours, but they don't seem to have noticed.

They're under 24/7 - T5 in pure Coco with only Oregon's finest water, straight off the tap...

IMG_20190408_062744.jpg

IMG_20190408_062813.jpg

SUN IS SHINING IN OREGON *WARNING*

SUN IS SHINING IN OREGON *WARNING*

The PS’s are coming along nicely. Went up to the mountains for a few days, and when I arrived home they had doubled in size. This morning, I put them out on the brand new deck to get some sunshine. As you can see, I’ve got lot’s of “regular” grass seed out there excited for spring too!

MVIMG_20190422_122648.jpg

MVIMG_20190422_122556.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190422122641308_COVER.jpg

I wood

Pinching and keeping up potted were recommendations in ace listing.
This is good advice, especially if you want to make a copy for later. I only started two plants, both grew the same with no branching at all at 24” tall. My plan to get a clone a week or two into flowering failed when the female just flowered quickly without branching. After two weeks of flowering it was clear no clone was happening so plan was changed. The female was pollinated and put back in veg area to produce seeds and a clone.
Seeds are forming nicely and after several weeks back in veg both male and female are just starting to think about providing cuttings.
The resin on the tiny undeveloped flowers and sugar leaves is thick and very encouraging. Smells wonderful, sweet floral berryish.
The half developed small buds are telling me I did the right thing in aborting flowering to get a copy and some f2s first.
I’ve never had a sativa produce buds on a stick like this.
Beautiful genes in this sativa hybrid.
To be continued.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Got my purple Satellites in the mail yesterday.
Im following along. Have you seen any good grow logs or smoke reports from anywhere else?
So 2' and no branches. Good to know. Are you pinching, or topping (cutting)?

Gonna try to get my seeds germinating in the next day or so.

I wood

Cut the top off of male and kept if flowering while revegging the bottom for cuttings.
The female was not pinched, just pollinated and put back under 18 hours of light. with expectations of bottom branching while seeds develope.

Pinching and keeping up potted were recommendations in ace listing.
This is good advice, especially if you want to make a copy for later. I only started two plants, both grew the same with no branching at all at 24” tall. My plan to get a clone a week or two into flowering failed when the female just flowered quickly without branching. After two weeks of flowering it was clear no clone was happening so plan was changed. The female was pollinated and put back in veg area to produce seeds and a clone.
Seeds are forming nicely and after several weeks back in veg both male and female are just starting to think about providing cuttings.
The resin on the tiny undeveloped flowers and sugar leaves is thick and very encouraging. Smells wonderful, sweet floral berryish.
The half developed small buds are telling me I did the right thing in aborting flowering to get a copy and some f2s first.
I’ve never had a sativa produce buds on a stick like this.
Beautiful genes in this sativa hybrid.
To be continued.

Should I top these? I may need some help sexing as these are my first regular seeds.

I wood

Should I top these? I may need some help sexing as these are my first regular seeds.

Usually I am not a fan of topping but with these I would recommend it, especially if you want to make a clone to keep it going.
They are quick to flower as well so sexing should be pretty easy.

Latest posts

Latest posts