Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermontman - Purple Satellite Grow (Indoor / Outdoor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great! I really envy your lawn
    MARS HYDRO STORE
    Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
    FC6500 journal

GMT tested TSL2000
    Unclefishstick's Diary!
    2xSP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Hydro Led View Post
      great! I really envy your lawn
      Thank you, I've been working my tail off back there.
      Fridge Farmer on IG @TheFridgeFarmer

Purple Satellite by Green Mountain Seeds Grow Diary (April 2019)

Comment

Originally posted by I wood View Post
        Pinching and keeping up potted were recommendations in ace listing.
        This is good advice, especially if you want to make a copy for later. I only started two plants, both grew the same with no branching at all at 24” tall. My plan to get a clone a week or two into flowering failed when the female just flowered quickly without branching. After two weeks of flowering it was clear no clone was happening so plan was changed. The female was pollinated and put back in veg area to produce seeds and a clone.
        Seeds are forming nicely and after several weeks back in veg both male and female are just starting to think about providing cuttings.
        The resin on the tiny undeveloped flowers and sugar leaves is thick and very encouraging. Smells wonderful, sweet floral berryish.
        The half developed small buds are telling me I did the right thing in aborting flowering to get a copy and some f2s first.
        I’ve never had a sativa produce buds on a stick like this.
        Beautiful genes in this sativa hybrid.
        To be continued.
        Should I top these? I may need some help sexing as these are my first regular seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Farmer View Post
          Should I top these? I may need some help sexing as these are my first regular seeds.
          Usually I am not a fan of topping but with these I would recommend it, especially if you want to make a clone to keep it going.
          They are quick to flower as well so sexing should be pretty easy.
          Proud to be an indoor sativa masochist.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.

Comment

Originally posted by I wood View Post
            Usually I am not a fan of topping but with these I would recommend it, especially if you want to make a clone to keep it going.
            They are quick to flower as well so sexing should be pretty easy.
            Thanks, I'm going to top them tonight. The node spacing is pretty wild. Should I clip up top?

Comment

Topped all four last night. Crazy how quickly they grow and recover. Not sure if it's too early for sexing, but I went ahead and took some photos of each.

Blue

Pink

Yellow

Green

Comment

I'm not a pincher or a topper, if the plant has the right growth pattern I'll tie it over. Especially if I see it leaning and it has the right kind of branching. I'll look if I tied the top down all the branches will be about the same height. That way every branch will develop a major top nug. It's best with plants that have long lower branches that get progressively shorter as you move up the plant, tall bushy phenotype. Too early to say if Purple Satellite falls in that category but with the Nepalese genes I'm guessing it might.

This is the right time to pinch, with photo sensitive strains that flower earlier you want to bush them out early. I wouldn't top in June because you want time for the lower branches to develop. Yours are looking great. Love how deep purple the stem is, mine are doing the same thing I think it's a strain trademark. Here's a pic of mine:

Looks like rhubarb! You're a couple weeks ahead of me. Getting an early start is a good idea, you may even get to pre-sex. It's nice to know your females early, I'd expect to see a female flower or two in May or June at the latest. It'll be interesting to see if this strain flowers earlier and longer, or starts later and finishes faster. Either way I think we're all pretty excited to be trying this strain.

Comment

How Does It continue?

Comment

My purple Satellites are doing great. Here they are with some Bangi Hazes and nl5 x Haze.
                    "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
                    --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

I can't see a picture ^^^ Can you?
                      Curious to see the satellites in action. Happy growing!
                      Primum Non Nocere

“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.” K. Vonnegut

Grateful Deadhead

Comment

Here's my purple Satellites and Bangi Haze.

A few of each have the purpleish coloration in the growing Tips.
                        "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
                        --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

Any results?

Comment

Originally posted by hos View Post
                            Any results?
                            Week early Purple Satellite taken down because of security concerns.

--- CVH

My current thread

Comment

Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
                              Week early Purple Satellite taken down because of security concerns.
                              View Image
                              View Image
                              Very nice. Looking forward smoking report.

Comment

Working...
                              X