What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2019

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Welcome to my workshop for 2019. This is a continuation from my 2017 and 2018 threads. Lots of fun stuff in store this year, hope to give you all a good show. First a brief review of the grow spaces I am running.

First off is a 2'x3' metal storage cabinet. This has a 2'x3'x4' flowering space above and a 2'x'2'x2' space below for my bonsai mothers. Both spaces are ventilated with a 4" fan/filter combo. The flowering space has a DIY LED with four Cree CXB3590 3500K lights powered by a Mean Well HLG-240H-C1750B driver. The flowering space has a 15-gallon no-till bed going on it's fifth cycle. The mother space has a 4-bulb T5-HO. I have some automation stuff and a new LED for the mother's space in store soon.
picture.php

Next I have my workbench. This has two identical 30"x30"x30" grow spaces. Each grow spaces has a custom DIY SolStrip light with six 2700K strips on a Mean Well HLG-240H-24B driver and three 5000K strips on a Mean Well HLG-120H-24B. Both sides are ventilated with a single 4" fan/filter combo. The lights and thermostat are controlled with Sonoff wireless switches, and the LEDs can be controlled with a Bluefish wireless LED controller. This allows me to simulate a sunrise/sunset and adjust the spectrum for veg/flower.
picture.php

I got a small 16"x16" tent for cloning and drying in. It is ventilated with a 4" S&P inline fan and has a 36 watt 450-460nm Blue LED (experimental). This is also automated with a Sonoff duo and Sonoff TH16 wireless switches. I just put some Zak Haze clones in there two days ago.
picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Right on Reiko, Happy new year broda, loved your 2018 work and I expect greater things from your projects this year! Best of luck, I'm pulling a seat and watching closely!

I always appreciated the cleanness of your working space!

Peace!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Right on Reiko, Happy new year broda, loved your 2018 work and I expect greater things from your projects this year! Best of luck, I'm pulling a seat and watching closely!

I always appreciated the cleanness of your working space!

Peace!
Glad to have you along. Here is a preview of what's going on this year. :biggrin:
picture.php

soil margin

Veteran
Nice Reiko. Looking forward to seeing your progress with this new grow and checking out those strains. Looks good so far!

Goats

subbed as always man!

no-till fabric pots :dance013:

how many runs can you get out of those pots before you have to change them? do you just move the same soil to the new pot?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've reused them several times. The no-till bed has never been touched, going on cycle five now.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Zak Haze clone going in the no-till
picture.php

100% rooting rate, the experimental blue light worked as advertized.
picture.php

I also started some autos. The plan is to reverse these for a dark fem auto mix (FAM).
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
These autos are on day 12 since they were dunked in water. I started a low dose of nutrients a tad early (around day seven) and the pH was not adjusted from the 8.0+ where it started. Oops, soil guy forgets to adjust the pH.

Sugar Black Rose by Delicious Seeds started with some leaf twisting, but is recovering nicely.
picture.php

Dark Devil F2 by Mr.Sparkle got a rough start really pH sensitive, but she is perking up now.
picture.php

Dark Purple by Delicious Seeds also got off to a rough start, she lost a cotyledon while emerging from its shell.
picture.php

Grapey Walter by Mephisto Genetics is looking the best of the four so far. She took everything in stride and didn't skip a beat.
picture.php

I finally got around to filtering my reetha glycerin tincture. I'll try using it as a wetting agent later this week.
picture.php

Brother Nature

Awesome thread ReikoX, that Sugar Black Rose is a tasty strain, just got through a bag recently and it's quite a nice smoke.

Last edited:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Zak Haze clone adjusting to the no-till bed nicely. Trimmed up some of the clover cover crop.
picture.php

Autos kicking along. I will likely cull the Dark Devil and Dark Purple. They got stunted, will try again later...
picture.php

Safe Gardener

Looking forward to seeing your 2019 work!
Are the 4" fan/ filter seups that you are using for smell something you made or bought prebuilt? Thanks.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looking forward to seeing your 2019 work!
Are the 4" fan/ filter seups that you are using for smell something you made or bought prebuilt? Thanks.

Welcome to my workshop!

The 2x3 cab has a 4" ActiveAir fan, the dual 2.5x2.5 workbench has a slightly better 4" Vortex fan. Both are used with a 4" Phresh carbon filter for both smell and temperature control.

Safe Gardener

Welcome to my workshop!

The 2x3 cab has a 4" ActiveAir fan, the dual 2.5x2.5 workbench has a slightly better 4" Vortex fan. Both are used with a 4" Phresh carbon filter for both smell and temperature control.

Thanks for the quick response. I remember a while back we had talked about cloning and you very having the same winter cloning woes that I'm still dealing with. It appears you've got it under control now. What changes did you make?

As always, great work man!

Latest posts

Latest posts