What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2019

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks for the quick response. I remember a while back we had talked about cloning and you very having the same winter cloning woes that I'm still dealing with. It appears you've got it under control now. What changes did you make?

As always, great work man!

I've retired the aerocloner. It required a lot of cleaning to maintain good results and the temperature got too cool in the winter.

I switched to plugs (rapid rooter, root root, or even generics) in a dome with a heating pad. I soak the plugs in clonex solution at pH 6.0 and about 0.8 EC.

Take cuts in a normal manner, dip in Clonex gel, and forget about them. I'm taking some clones for my brother tonight, I'll try and snap a few pictures.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
After a second round of Creme Brulee I came up with the keeper. These were all **very** similar to one and other. These three Creme Brulee moms are being culled, they have been in these same pots for about nine months.
picture.php

Time to take some clones for my brother. I start with soaking the rooters in Clonex cloning solution at about 0.8 EC and pH 6.0.
picture.php

While the plugs soak, I take cuts from my bonsai mothers and let them soak in water for a while. In my case I went roller skating.
picture.php

Then I drain the plugs and lightly squeeze them. I re-cut the cuttings, removed the side leaves, dipped in Clonex gel, and stuck them in the plugs.
picture.php

Finally I sprayed the dome and put it on a heat mat set for 75F in my cloning/drying tent.
picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey broda, nice cloning process, similar to mine... I moved away from using clonex tho, didn't feel like it was necessary, been using aloe vera, that I throw a 2 inch chunk in the blender and then soak the cubes with that, way more organic than clonex, cheaper too, and its always around, if you have a house plant... heating mat is clutch tho... Usually roots start popping out around day 10 or so! Been using them peat pucks lately, better bang for the buck with similar success rate, wanna try it with straight sand in the future too, thats even cheaper than all the other options...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey broda, nice cloning process, similar to mine... I moved away from using clonex tho, didn't feel like it was necessary, been using aloe vera, that I throw a 2 inch chunk in the blender and then soak the cubes with that, way more organic than clonex, cheaper too, and its always around, if you have a house plant... heating mat is clutch tho... Usually roots start popping out around day 10 or so! Been using them peat pucks lately, better bang for the buck with similar success rate, wanna try it with straight sand in the future too, thats even cheaper than all the other options...
I've used aloe and kelp to clone before, used plain tap water, that aerocloner, DIY bubble buckets, pure perlite, and coco to clone. It all works.

My mothers get synthetic nutrients, it's just too hard to keep them happy with pure organics. So for now, I have the clonex to use... :good:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
My mothers get synthetic nutrients, it's just too hard to keep them happy with pure organics. :good:

Am prepping to flower some plants in soil again this year after
growing exclusively with salts in coco DTW.

Was struggling with how to keep the mums, and given your
track record it seems likely my plan to move on is solid.

Maintain mums in the coco and flower the testers in soil.

Good stuff.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Am prepping to flower some plants in soil again this year after
growing exclusively with salts in coco DTW.

Was struggling with how to keep the mums, and given your
track record it seems likely my plan to move on is solid.

Maintain mums in the coco and flower the testers in soil.

Good stuff.

Thanks for stopping by DC. Credit where credit is due, I followed the DrBudGreenGenes mother tutorial and have always had success with it.

Four drops Superthrive, two droppers of Shultz 10-10-10, and 15ml Alaskan Fish Fertilizer.

Using the fabric pots, I get automatic root pruning. After about a year they tend to get woody and need to be replaced with a fresh clone.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got my screen put together and up. Just in time, the Zak Haze clone is getting about screen height already. The light is running about 100 watts right now.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got my Afterthought Autos order today. Ordered yesterday, that's better than Amazon Prime. Thanks for the local love, cant wait to try these out.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So I went to water my mother plants and noticed that my T5 was down to a single bulb. No wonder they were getting yellow and sickly. I tried to be lazy, but I only had one spare bulb. So I guess this is the universe telling me to get off my ass and install that LED I built for there.
picture.php

First I had to remove the old light. This light is actually screwed into the ceiling. So I had to remove the bulbs and reflector to unscrew it. I pulled all but one pair of wires.
picture.php

Next I had to install the driver. A little messy, bit it will do for now, I'll clean up the wiring in a bit. The light is installed and dimmed to about 75-watts.
picture.php

The light is all hung and working again. I also installed my webcam while I was at it.
picture.php

Finally all the mothers were put back. I also put some autos in plugs.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My mother plants look like they are doing much better now that I lowered my LED lights from 75-watts to 48-watts. So technically I'm running at half the wattage of the old T5 (96-watts).
picture.php

Phase 2 of project DFAM is going well. I got 9/9 seeds to pop. As a reminder we have (from left to right) two Ghost Toof (Mephisto Genetics), two Alaskan Purple (Seedsman), two Red Poison (Sweet Seeds), two Dark Devil F2 (@Mr.Sparkle), and one Dark Purple (Delicious Seeds). I'll let these grow a bit, then harden them off and move them to the cabinet.
picture.php

I just love the way this Grapey Walter (Mephisto Genetics) looks. It has decent branching and a nice internode spacing. It's a shame I'm going to start spraying her with CS and won't be able to enjoy any of the buds.
picture.php

picture.php

Speaking of CS, I hooked up my CS generator last night. This glass has become coated in silver as I've used it over years. You can also see the difference in the pieces of silver. One looks new, the other is, slowly, eroding away.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night I decided to give the mother plants a feed and a trimming. I may have gotten a little carried away with the Juanita mother. There are three that definitely need to be reset, Juanita la Lagrimosa, Adonis, and Grass Monkey. Next round of clones will be those.
picture.php

The Zak Haze clone is slowly making its way to the screen. I can only assume that it is working on the root system. Ironically I noticed that the extra clone that I just threw in my old bag of recycled soil was still alive? It's been in there with no light for about a week now.
picture.php

The DFAM plants are doing well. I have been spraying the two bigger plants with CS for about three or four days now. It usually takes two to three weeks to see some results.

Sugar Black Rose seems to be taking the sprays a little hard. Notice the wilting and burning pistils.
picture.php

Grapey Walter on the other hand has not even slowed down. The bottom leaves are looking a little bad, but that may be just from the CS applications. None of the pistils seemed to be withering and dying yet. Notice how the buds are just now starting to form, this is when I like to switch to a "transition" veg formula until stretch stops.
picture.php

Dark Purple is growing out of it's funk. The poor thing had a rough start with a missing cotyledon and a self topping. You can see how it stunted the plant. I'll keep her around and probably get a few seeds out of it.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Zak Haze is finally reaching above the net. Note to self, freshly rooted clones take quite a while to get their roots stretched out in the no-till bed.
picture.php

The DFAM project is continuing as planned. The Grapey Walter and Sugar Black Rose have been sprayed daily for the last 10 days or so. Still no balls developed. I increased the lighting a bit, but the plants didn't seem to like it, so I returned it back to the way it was.

Grapey Walter was stretched too much for my cabinet, so she got the ole z-bend treatment. She didn't skip a beat.
picture.php

Sugar Black Rose just doing her thing. Still no balls on this one either.
picture.php

Finally we have the Dark Purple that started life out rough. I'm debating starting to spray her as well now that she's starting to form buds.
picture.php

Her buds are starting to get a nice dark purple hue to them.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It's been a little over two weeks since I started spraying this Sugar Black Rose with CS. She is already producing male pollen sacks.
picture.php

I'll most likely pull two smaller plants, Dark Devil F2 and Dark Purple. For now they can stay, but I doubt they will catch up with the others.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Mixed up a light mix for these rooted clones. It was 50% used soil, 40% rice hulls, and 10% EWC. This was watered in with fulvic acid, kelp, and aloe.
picture.php

I cleaned out the left side of my workbench and put them under the lights at about 10% to start hardening them off before sending them to my brother's.
picture.php

Not exactly sure where I'm going to put these SIP containers, thinking about veggies outside. They do fit inside the workbench though.
picture.php

I got tired of waiting to flood these one at a time, so I ran to the dollar store and picked up four more pitchers. Left to right, Alaskan Purple #1, Dark Devil #1, Red Poison #1, Red Poison #2.
picture.php

Left to right, Dark Purple #2, Ghost Toof #1, Ghost Toof #2, Alaskan Purple #2.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice Reiko. What's the aloe do for weed when you water with it?

Thanks bud.. Aloe adds saponins, rooting hormones, and salicylic acids. Saponins act as a wetting agent. Salicylic acid stimulates the SAR of the plant. Rooting hormones stimulate root growth, obviously.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
love me some rosin squishing. what press are you using?

DIY 6-ton press with 2.5" x 2.5" plates.
picture.php

picture.php

I also made a DIY 1.5" x 1.5" pre-press. I generally press 5-grams using a 160 micron bag. I press at 95° C for around 3:00 minutes.
picture.php

starke

Totally off topic but...next to the press in your photos in the post before last appears to be an Extract Craft Source Turbo ethanol extractor. I'm contemplating buying one and would like your impression of the unit. PM is fine, I don't want to clutter up your thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts