What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
razor ridge - F.A.M.I.L.Y. still exists. I don't know how many folks held the Familia cut during her hay day - but it couldn't have been more than 5 or 6. Chem 3 was very tightly held - and due to that, a nice cross to play with was made. Something that could be shared in the group. I'll be meeting old F.A.M. in a couple of weeks for the very first time. It's still very much a thing.

Work has been running me ragged. I had a round of FAM95 ready for the stork but being out of town sort of left those ignored and now I have to start over on that effort. Sucks. Such as life. Promise I'm working on it though. She does exist and she is FIRE.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FAM95 - lower flowers @ 70 days

fam95 lower 70.jpg

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New shoe\tennis ball + oniony chem funk + sugary mild lemon (think lemon curd powdered sugar donut)

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
You put on a beautiful show. It’s crazy to watch and get a little tingle that reminds you of the old days when people were posting grow diaries of epic seed pops.

I miss those days where people put it all out there. The good the bad and the ugly.

The best part is you showed a step by step process of how it’s done in the DF style of growing.
And what that does is spark an interest in someone who’s reading thinking holy shit I can do this exact recipe and grow style and crush it.

I hope whoever is reading this realizes there r big things coming. I’m sure u will all be very happy with the news

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
genetic freaked - Bro! I can't even begin to figure out where to start in terms of "news". I'm not even sure you know the full scope of what is going on. There is a lot on my plate right now and I'm starting to juggle things a bit poorly.

I'm in the process of preparing for a trip. Not really a vacation. This is work. Really, I'm going, to potentially discover, what the next half decade(++) of my life could look like. I've reached out to several people on IC and a few have responded in kind. We'll have a small get together. I'll get the amazing opportunity to meet a few more of the talented growers from these hallowed halls.

Things in the world are changing. Constantly, duh - but with cannabis, things are changing. Or maybe, I'm just seeing the light and trying to play catch up at this point. Who knows.

What I do know...the FAM95 was pulled at 79 days. Trichs were 90-95% cloudy. Zero fully clear heads, but some still in transition to cloudy. Finding an amber head was nearly impossible. A few sprinkled in the midst - but not many. I have to honestly say, this is perhaps, the most properly timed and matured harvested cycle I've had since I set this little closet up. These flowers are pristine.

----------------------

I really don't recall if I mentioned it in this thread at all or not. It seems like I did - but maybe not. If not - this round of FAM95 was approved to be entered in @chemcomp. This event was invite only for a while and has recently been opened up due to relaxation on COVID restrictions. This is the first legal cup event in NYC - and features the famous 13 seeds that changed the face of cannabis forever: CHEMDOG and the resulting families. This is the first time I have ever entered my personal flowers into a competition to be judged and ranked. I did not really grow these for competition. It was really just a timing thing. I could chop, slow dry, cure - all as normal - and it just happened to line up perfectly with the entry deadline. Seemed fated.

I have no grand expectations of even placing let alone winning. I honestly, sort of want to be raked over the coals and told my flower sucks and I need to learn how to grow. That'd be a good reality check right now - considering all that I have on my plate and the opportunities before me...

I really don't want to say much now - as nothing is set in stone and nothing is signed on the dotted line yet. Exciting times to say the very least. I do have some harvest pics to go through and upload yet.

dank.Frank

asher1er

Veteran
dank.frank all sounds good bro! im sure you got a lot on your plate but things always seem to play out as they should, stay focused on them goals and things should fall into place lil by lil! Good luck at the Chem Cup homie! :joint: :tiphat:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Just a heads up
that “comp”is not backed bye any chem crew not MassG JJ P or me
just putting that out there
sorry if this bursted a bubble
just want you to be most informed possible

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MOneYMiKe - hey F.A.M. - to be honest, I just sorta stumbled across it. My harvest window lined up - and it seemed like a cool / fun thing to participate in. Won't lie. That does burst my bubble knowing it doesn't have the chem family support or backing in any way shape or form. I did reach out to P and MassG about it. Pretty sure G said he was gonna be a judge in the event? I dunno.

Maybe it's an error on my part to participate - hopefully it's still fun. It'd be more fun - if more people participate - hint hint.

Either way - my entry fee was paid over a month ago to ensure I had a slot. I have some amazing FAM95 flowers hanging and the cut was pre-approved for entry, given it's pretty much all chemdog anyway - with a touch of OG - which, we all know has a bit of chemdog '91 in her to begin with.

I'm working on the other. Life has been really hectic. After this next week I'll be able to breath again and catch up on some responsibilities and getting things plugged in where need be. :respect:

dank.Frank

asher1er

Veteran
MOneYMiKe well isn't that some BS, a chem comp but not backed by the chem fam at all :wallbash: they kinda painted it to look that way tho if you ask me.. anyways hope is well fam! :tiphat: :joint:

dank.frank Id still roll with it like you plan :joint:

Buddle

Veteran
This is a beautiful plant Frank. It reminds me a lot , in terms of looks, of a pheno I got from some Lemon Larry Og beans from Elite.

Latest posts

Latest posts