What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

genetic freaked

Veteran
Jealous of the EZ purchase. I went the other route and even though it worked I did flood my area a couple times with sealing issues.

excited to see how Snomoji turns out. Was hoping she would stretch like cake but then again she could be a late bloomer.

Fam2 is just on another level. What a find. I have a good feeling we are going to see something even more special in this second run of her

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope everyone had a great 4/20. I have a cool story to share from the past weekend.

Here's the room at day 25. I've turned the 2 x Mars Hydro SP3000 up to about 75%. I think the stretch is nearing an end. Time to let them bulk and keep stripping fan leaves, I guess...

Click image for larger version  Name:	3201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	390.4 KB ID:	17838095

Click image for larger version  Name:	3201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	390.4 KB ID:	17838095

dank.Frank

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Full on crush mode broksi 💪🏼💪🏼. That cloner makes your life a hell of a lot easier. Biggest factors when using those imop is keeping your ph and water temp on point. I put mine on a timer and run it 45 min on and 15 min off. This helps keep my water temp in the low 70’s. Ohh I also use cutting edge solutions bloom at 5ml per gallon and micro at 2.5. This recipe has got me like 98 to 100 percent success rate over the last couple years. Hell I had a pen malfunction and didn’t know for a week. Ph was at almost 10 and I still had like 60% of the cuts root lol. My slurricane took almost 40 days to root but she made it 😂.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Full on crush mode broksi 💪🏼💪🏼. That cloner makes your life a hell of a lot easier. Biggest factors when using those imop is keeping your ph and water temp on point. I put mine on a timer and run it 45 min on and 15 min off. This helps keep my water temp in the low 70’s. Ohh I also use cutting edge solutions bloom at 5ml per gallon and micro at 2.5. This recipe has got me like 98 to 100 percent success rate over the last couple years. Hell I had a pen malfunction and didn’t know for a week. Ph was at almost 10 and I still had like 60% of the cuts root lol. My slurricane took almost 40 days to root but she made it 😂.

What ph do you aim for? I just started using a bubbler

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ROFL!!!

Actually. Yes. I did forget to share the story. Got a bit baked. Roasted even...

I had a chance to visit the Terptown Throwdown Farmers Market. Got to say hello to O and Chem. Got to hang with a buddy and his lady and take some more notes on how to grow properly. All in all a great weekend.

However, I did end up buying some seeds. I went - looking for some new new hype hype purple genetics - but didn't find what I was looking for. Or at least, not anything that I didn't already have access to or better. So I ended up buying seeds from a fellow that was next to the Excelsior booth - his tag was Shoe. Nice guy.

Was thinking I was going to buy some Stayfox and Lucky Dog gear - but ended up with neither some how. My buddy did buy the Strayfox packs I was looking at though, so I guess it works out. I ended up with:

Doc D Seeds:

2 packs - Bandaid Haze f1 no.7 x (A5 Haze/Thai bx)
2 packs - Purple Punch x (Afkansastan x X18 Pakistani)

Bodhi Seeds:

1 pack - Chem '91 Skunk Va x OMG - "2021 od love gift"
1 pack - Tiger Melon Cherry x SL - "Snow Leopard v2 *love gift*"

L.E.D. Seedz:

1 pack - Aeric77 Cali-O x Starfighter F4
1 pack - Goji OG Boysenberry F4 x Starfighter F4

------------

I mentioned my best seed pop ever was from Chem Sis x NL and that I was generally just a big fan of old school NL. Shoe, pulls out a tuperware and shows me a nug, tells me it's his personal. But it was seeded, so, eh. I inquire, and am told it's old Skunk#1 x NL#5, but leaned towards the NL. Which was pretty clear.

I knew it was legit, because it smelled faintly of the Livers cut from the UK - an old '89 Skunk #1 cut. Only other time I have smelled that particular note. While the Livers smelt predominantly like this sort of shoe polish/leathery/musty funk - this was only in the background of this nug. His Skunk/NL was more gassy, chemmy, dusty, piney funk. Super frosty. A tad leafy perhaps, but trimmed well enough it didn't matter. In a room from a distance a familiar legit skunk spray odor wafts for just seconds, but it's present. BEST PART - he tells me it was seeded with "SSSC skunk #1 / NL #5 - or well, basically" ... which tells me it's seeded with SSSC M39.

After we talked for a bit - my cannavixen and my buddy where chatting behind me and probably ready to go at this point, - Shoe offered me decent 2g-ish nug of his work - the Skunk/NL. He says, maybe you'll get lucky and get a seed. (Chemdog was standing right behind him. I couldn't help but internally note the irony of this exchange I found myself in.) My buddy - more on his toes and thinking like a genius, whispers to me, "Why don't you offer to buy a sack, so you can be sure you get some beans?"

- DUH!?!?! - So that's what I did and it was agreed. Now I have a 1/4 plus that little freebie nug of some fire Skunk/NL and a small but increasing number of little tiny seeds - some maybe not viable, but some hopefully are - which I know are legit old school fire Skunk/NL x M39.

To me - THAT - was the coolest interaction of that day and really got me pumped for some bag seed - which is odd, considering I scored some oddball fire gear in the first place...

I have a feeling, some of you will tell me you already know who Shoe is...but I'll say this - his personal Skunk#1 x NL#5 - indeeds smokes like some legit old school slow you down and make you heavy dank. I can't wait to see what surfaces in the seeds, as I'm just a fan of old NL. It was in fact a fat bong rip of his Skunk/NL that led to me forgetting to tell the story about acquiring the seeds...LMAO. That's a good sign!!!

I keep thinking...Karma Genetics A5 s1 x a male from the Shoe Skunk/NL x M39 - could be a absolute blast to sort.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Prodigygrower

Veteran
What ph do you aim for? I just started using a bubbler

I like 5.7. I used to aim for 5.5 tbh if I hit any where between 5.5 and 5.8 I’m happy. Oh if your having trouble with keeping your humidity where it needs to be I use big clear totes and set them on top of the cloner over the cuts. It’s not sealed by any means but it helps keep your humidy up. I have had great success with my humidity average around 50-55 percent. However some of the harder cuts to root like it around 70 so I throw the totes on and normally 10-14 days I’m ready to transplant healthy cuts with big ass root masses.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
better late than never right? i came to fuckin get down. lets go!

we have so much to catch up on. i still hold phil. and sis. and many many more. been blessed in that way at least.

i see youre hunting decent purp too. peep my thread for a shot of my current search. might be the one ive been looking for if she puffs tuff

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
flylowgethigh - I'll start by saying I'm not really one to meter much of anything in my garden. I've done so in the past and I'm not against it, it's just not the mandate in the current scenario. This garden really is SMALL. It's 12.5 sq ft. A 4 x 4 tent is 22% bigger. LOL. This is a closet glorified closet grow. Passive intakes/cooling. 1 exhaust fan. Some lights. Soil. Excellent genetics.

That being said, even if I went and got the same sort of meter, I'm not sure the data it gives me in anyway helps discern what's taking place in your scenario. I'm legit just using straight tap water. Not the best option at the end of the day, but it is what I've been doing and I'm still doing. No frills here currently.

Chunkypigs - Hey man! Good to see you stop through. I know you're looking for that information, pronto, on the double. I never did send in the original soil batch when it was mixed, but I did bag it and prepare it to send. Guess I need to follow through more. It's still on the list of things to do though. Sorry I can't be more helpful currently.

trichrider - LOL.

genetic freaked - Fam95 #2 is indeed on another level. Plant is bonkers. However, you have a couple new somethings you haven't posted up yet. If anyone should be jealous of anything - it's those plants!!! The EZ Cloner, is working with it's aftermarket modifications. I'm too lazy to take the damn thing back and deal with the hassle I guess. It's not been quite 7 days since I plugged it in and filled it with some very large cuts and some tiny cuts. They are all starting to root at about the same rate already. Sigh. Should have gotten one years ago. Pretty sure I'm going to morph the old bubble cloner parts into a cheap-o compost tea brewer. No need to let the equipment sit.

druida.420 - I agree in theory, thus the purchase. Downside is - I really have no real metric to gauge it's effectiveness by. I've not run concurrent rooms to get a base line data set to compare to. I guess, I'm going by the notion if I get 2# I'll consider it worth it and a valuable part of the equation - even if it made no difference. For now, I'm going to keep using it and I'm some what convinced it is making a difference. Why? The purple on the petioles has begun to fade a bit, which is usually indicative of P uptake. Could just be the plants are nearing almost 4wks in and P uptake has just increased by default.

Prodigygrower - Thanks for the good vibes and for sharing your input on the cloner juice. I'm going to play around with it but really want to stay away from adding too much. I still have organic growers PTSD from trying to use organic solutions in aeroponics - LOL. Clogged sprayers for days. Want to keep it less is more with the cloner. At least to start. We'll see how long that lasts.

CannaRed - I see you. Hope you had a good 4/20. Fwiw - I never did change or monitor pH in my bubbler. It was a 3 gallon tub - I changed water about every 5 days. Just tap generally. Guess that could have been part of the problem? I might need to make it more complicated than I am. I'd prefer not to though. Good luck with it!

nameless - Now there is a homie I miss seeing around. Can't wait to catch up, brother! Stupid stoked to hear you still have those plants. That is unexpected great news. Good vibes. Yooooo. As far as the purp goes though. I'm waiting for homie to post his latest finds. I have a feeling my need to search is pretty much over in that department.

Mars Hydro Led - Hey! Glad to see you check in. Thanks for the good vibes. I have to admit, I almost entered your latest 4/20 contest. Rather pleased and impressed with these SP3000. Was not expected to like them as much as I do. The ability to control the lighting intensity to help manage plant growth and response is a luxury I've had to get used to having at my disposal. However, I'm still 100% certain my favorite part about LED is the ability to turn them on and off again without any down time between firing.

For anyone wondering. The FAM95 #2 canopy is sitting at it's closest point 17" and at the furthest point 21" - from the lights. Lights are at 75%. Keep in mind, Mars Hydro suggests using the SP3000 over a 2 x 5 canopy, or 10 sq ft. I'm running 2x SP3000 in 12.5 sq ft. It's certainly a little bit over kill - but - the plants don't seem to mind, so neither do I. It's also why I don't have them running at 100% ... ... ... yet.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
No need to look for purples DF.. We got them right here..
Big thanks to DF for sharing the seed.. The sureshot and GMOxGG4bx7 were created by GetMo.. The Sureshot is just a crazy plant. I have 3 keeper phenos but 1 is a true stand out.
First pic is a keeper Sureshot...
Second and Third pics are of the standout Sureshot..

Attachments

• photo2039759.jpg
    photo2039759.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2039760.jpg
    photo2039760.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2039762.jpg
    photo2039762.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

genetic freaked

Veteran
image_2039763.jpg
image_2039764.jpg
image_2039765.jpg
image_2039766.jpg
Now here is the craziest plant ive ever grown/found.
This is GMOxGG4bx7.. Theres a great story behind this plant and im happy to have a great friend like DF who would share such seed with me. Its not often you get access to seed from a legend who is no longer with us.. I can sit here knowing if he could see this he would say this is a true keeper. DF is better with words then me so ill leave the story telling to him. Or maybe the creator GetMo will pop in and tell the story.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
genetic freaked - yeah. Those plants. LOL. Freaking outstanding beauties!!! Drohammad Seeds put out some stellar gear. Very impressed by what you found. I really really really wish I was in a moment when it was more feasible to sort more seeds. I'd be dropping the other half of those packs right now. You've dug up some stellar examples. That GMO x GG4 Bx7 - looks to be about a perfect blend of the two. The Sureshot is just on a different note altogether because she's coming from a gene pool most aren't too familiar with, but she comes from known champion stock. Was really fun watching you grow those out. Much respect!!!

I can only hope Snomoji looks as good.

Here we are at lighs off, end of day 28. Full 4wks completed. I think I'm going to have to back the lights down a tad bit. I'm seeing some signs of light stress on the leaves. Going to raise them as much as possible first. I don't see this on the Snomoji, which are further from the light source, so I'm just going with light stress as the cause. I'll get a couple pictures of what I'm seeing develop.

Looking good so far though. I'm impressed by what I'm seeing.

IMG_20210424_082608504.jpg

IMG_20210424_082553511.jpg

dank.Frank

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
genetic freaked U did them justice man! Glad u was able to find some hitters, your the first one to flower some of these out but I got some goin in flower soon as well. Appreciate u takin the time to grow um n df for passin um to u! And JW for hookin me up with the gg4bx7 seeds to find a male in, true legend, his legacy continues to bare gifts to the community!
Dank.frank the garden lookin great as always, cant wait to get my own spot where i can be around enough to water some beds so i can get back on the organic tip for the indoor. You gettin some great yields for the grow area n wattage in there, Fam95 lookin fire!!

druida.420

druida.420 - I agree in theory, thus the purchase. Downside is - I really have no real metric to gauge it's effectiveness by. I've not run concurrent rooms to get a base line data set to compare to. I guess, I'm going by the notion if I get 2# I'll consider it worth it and a valuable part of the equation - even if it made no difference. For now, I'm going to keep using it and I'm some what convinced it is making a difference. Why? The purple on the petioles has begun to fade a bit, which is usually indicative of P uptake. Could just be the plants are nearing almost 4wks in and P uptake has just increased by default.

My metric is the smell of shit that impregnates the space were I have my 40liter res. Have a small grow with 9 plants under a HLG 550 in a 3,5x3,5 feet and weekly I prepare my reservoir with the correct nutrients adding the Mammoth. Also use the Flavor from Atami to give some food to bacteria. The smell it reeks after 2 days is something unbelievable.

Happy to see you full back and good !

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a few shots at day 31. I did back the lights back down to about 60%. I will raise them as much as possible. Seeing what I believe is some light stress on the upper most canopy. Otherwise, it's smooth sailing still.

dank.Frank

Attachments

• photo2040755.jpg
    photo2040755.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 23
  • fetch?photoid=17843479.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17843479.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
G

Looks like the Snomoji #18 are happy down there a little further away from the light. The more I read/see around the interwebs, the more I'm leaning towards keeping the LEDs raised up as high as they'll go for ever and always. I'm almost a week ahead of you with my lights running right at 420 watts, and I don't know if I really want or need to go any higher. That's about 66% of my light's max 637 watts. Most of the tops are between 20-24" away from the light and not a hint of light stress. 81F/50% lights on

Keep up the good work, think you did the right thing dropping the intensity a tad. How are the worms doing in there, btw? Any signs of life?

Peace
DM

genetic freaked

Veteran
Looking good brother.
It’s going to look like a room full of baseball bats in 4 more weeks.

Over here hoping snomoji show color in 2 more weeks