I want to be formal, but I'm here to party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to be formal, but I'm here to party

Picking up with the strains I left off on the other thread. I moved on Oct 12th to my new place and by Oct 18th I had seeds in a shot glass. I couldn't wait any longer. Not growing was taking its toll on me.

I'm currently limited with space at my new place, so I decided I would just set up the 3x3 in an extra room and run with it. Right now I am vegging with the Starlite Helios 320w and will be running blumats with a pressure system this round. I have heard good things about the blumats regarding efficiency and low maintenance once dialed in.

Strains are Zamaldelica and GTH fem. ZD top and GTH is on the bottom.

10/18 - Seeds went into shot glass
    10/19 - Paper towel

10/23 - all are above ground

10/26 - I didn't bring any of my fans with me when I moved, so I had to come up with something creative.

10/31 - moving along

11/5 - topped

Last edited by saitama; 01-18-2018, 02:31.
    Current - Quantum Boards, Blumats and Home Assistant Automation
    Previous

Today (11/7) I up potted them into their final homes and I am just waiting for my pressure system to come in for the blumats.

The Zamaldelica is a ridiculously vigorous strain. Growing side by side with the GTH, it's is very evident that it is more stout and has way crazier roots.

Ghost Train Haze

In their new homes for the rest of the run. Can't wait to see what turns up.

Any questions, comments, etc are all welcome. It feels so good to be back!
    Last edited by saitama; 01-18-2018, 02:32.
    Previous

Comment

Glad to see you back. So far I have shown great restraint in not purchasing any Zamaldelica seeds. I bet when you finish this grow my restraint will have evaporated.
      “We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed

Comment

Originally posted by starke View Post
        Glad to see you back. So far I have shown great restraint in not purchasing any Zamaldelica seeds. I bet when you finish this grow my restraint will have evaporated.
        Thanks buddy. Hopefully I can put on a good show for you.
        Previous

Comment

Got the pressure system set up for the blumats. Gave them a trim as well. I followed the blumat directions to the T and haven't run into any issue so far. I'm waiting for my first runaway or dry pot but so far just heavy pots every time I check. So far very happy with the blumats.

Previous

Comment

yo saitama! good to see the grow is back up and running again. the blumats+airpots should make for a nice combo! excited to see whats to come, keep us updated

Comment

Tagging along for the show
              My Grow
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=347120

Comment

Comment

Welcome, thirdtime and vanilla

thenewstyle - Hopefully I can be as successful as you with the blumats!

It seems like the ladies are finally getting used to their new pots and feeding style. They pretty much exploded overnight. I felt like I might have been doing something wrong because of their slow growth (to me). I feel a little better now.

Previous

Comment

Hey saitama , you aren't kidding with those zalmadelica roots, they look great !! , I have a couple of 1 gal coco pots and they are getting dry too fast , can make you please explain the "pressure " part of your blumat setup ? Is it just using a pump and a reservoir? Thanks for sharing , FSG.

Comment

Glad to see you back at it again, look forward to your dialed in methods,strain selection, photography, and excellent data reporting

and yeah, that is pretty crazy overnight growth! I was scrolling up,down,up down, for comparison haha

Comment

Originally posted by FakeSunGrower View Post
                        can make you please explain the "pressure " part of your blumat setup ? Is it just using a pump and a reservoir? Thanks for sharing , FSG.
                        FSG - If you aren't able to elevate your reservoir 4' in the air or have more than 50 plants, you can use a pressure system to keep the lines pressurized. It consists of a pump, accumulator (keeps pressure with an air filled bladder) and their pressure reducer. Here is a link to it on their site - https://www.sustainablevillage.com/b...ic-pump-system

Originally posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
                        and yeah, that is pretty crazy overnight growth! I was scrolling up,down,up down, for comparison haha
                        haha, I was doing the same thing!
                        Previous

Comment

Hey bud thanks for the response , I have the blumats laying around still undecided to use them until I can "feel and see " the difference between DWC and coco using the same pheno , this sounds like a great alternative to my hand watering , time will tell , thanks for sharing and subscribed :-) , FSG.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeSunGrower View Post
                            Hey bud thanks for the response , I have the blumats laying around still undecided to use them until I can "feel and see " the difference between DWC and coco using the same pheno , this sounds like a great alternative to my hand watering , time will tell , thanks for sharing and subscribed :-) , FSG.
                            I'm interested in seeing what you coming up with.
                            Previous

Comment

Trimmed the zamaldelica down because there was just too much leaf to leaf contact for comfort. I then proceeded with some bondage. I'll slow down the updates eventually, I promise.

Last edited by saitama; 01-18-2018, 02:33.
                              Previous

Comment

Working...
                              X