What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 2 room showdown! 6x750DE VS 4x315LEC & 4x600HPS

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Summer is over and temps are nice enough for air exchange growing again.

My old thread linked here details the building of room 1, which initially was 8x600w it can give you an idea on the construction etc..

Room 1 will now house 6 Illuminaire 600/750 double ended lights with wide reflectors to deal with the ceiling height.

Room 2 is a mirror of room 1 (sorry for lack of construction pics)
It now houses 4, 315w Sunsystem Light Emitting Ceramics and 4, 600w HPS light in a staggered pattern.

Both rooms should hopefully offer an improvement over the 8x600w original configuration of room 1.

Genetics this run will be the BC cutting of "BUBBA KUSH" with approx 40 plants in each room. Below is a pic from the last day of VEG before the plants were divided between 2 rooms.

cT7XBx5.jpg

To get us started on this Diary, here are both rooms at day 3 of bloom, plants have been spread out, they will get a trellice net in 1 week or so.

ROOM 1 (600/750w double ended HPS)

WEBKDKL.jpg

ROOM 2 (Mix of 600wHPS and 315wLEC)

q24IHYd.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Damnit, two lights I want. Looks sharp.

thx man! im curious to see how the double ended lights go. got them up to 600W right now and so far no light issues though, im curious to see how the bubba stretches though, everybody I know who runs it does it as a bigger 5-6 foot plant

Dabtime

Looks great. I always enjoy a nice bubba kush, what are your yields off a single bubba plant going into flower at that size. I have a couple bubba bag seed that I've been thinking about lately.

DunHav`nFun

What size are your rooms your 4800 watts was handling.....I can see where the 6-750 DE`s woul be comparable , but the other room only adds up to 3660 watts , so I guess you`ll keep the first room on 600 mode ?....anyways.....

Always liked seein the classic red tuck tape and panda film on you Canadian guys runs....now....

Not sure about BC Bubba Kush , but clone only Pre 98 Bubba`s the slowest vegging no stretch lowest yielding plant I ever grew , but the smoke was as awesome a coffee kush knock your ass out insomnia and arthritis meds that I`ve had to this day.....Miss my headstash care pkgs from the left coast....lol....anyways....

Clean setup and here`s hopin for a bumper crop from both rooms come Harvey....Are you flippin those rooms every 12 hrs for perpetual ?.....regardless....

Thanks for the thread and your time.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
im jelly bro
wish this was a straightup non mixed light a-b-c grow
im on the fence with the 315s and this kinda grow would be useful to me but yeah,
good luck , im grabbin my barkolounger and cheetos

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
What size are your rooms your 4800 watts was handling.....I can see where the 6-750 DE`s woul be comparable , but the other room only adds up to 3660 watts , so I guess you`ll keep the first room on 600 mode ?....anyways.....

Always liked seein the classic red tuck tape and panda film on you Canadian guys runs....now....

Not sure about BC Bubba Kush , but clone only Pre 98 Bubba`s the slowest vegging no stretch lowest yielding plant I ever grew , but the smoke was as awesome a coffee kush knock your ass out insomnia and arthritis meds that I`ve had to this day.....Miss my headstash care pkgs from the left coast....lol....anyways....

Clean setup and here`s hopin for a bumper crop from both rooms come Harvey....Are you flippin those rooms every 12 hrs for perpetual ?.....regardless....

Thanks for the thread and your time.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

I'll probably ramp them up to 750 if temps allow, but we can compare grams per watt or just girth and visual appearance.

I run both rooms at night since im doing air exchange. the wattage isn't really a big draw.

BC genetics are weird, if its circulating around the commercial market, i know it will be good, but I know it wont be the same "named genetics" as Americans who I deal with regularly (I work in the hydroponic equipment wholesale market) So its hard to base results off of what anybody other than locals say. Since nobody wants to smuggle clones and tissue culture is still unreliable

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
im jelly bro
wish this was a straightup non mixed light a-b-c grow
im on the fence with the 315s and this kinda grow would be useful to me but yeah,
good luck , im grabbin my barkolounger and cheetos

make the jump, I know enough commercial guys who swear by 315s where I trusted my jump.

its not like random LED tech where some forum guy's friend of a friend totally yielded 20 lbs per light

edit: 315's are really better off at mixing the spectrum, haven't really heard anybody blown away by using them on their own

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Summer is over and temps are nice enough for air exchange growing again.

My old thread details the building of room 1, which initially was 8x600w

Room 1 will now house 6 Illuminaire 600/750 double ended lights with wide reflectors to deal with the ceiling height.

Room 2 is a mirror of room 1 (sorry for lack of construction pics)
It now houses 4, 315w Sunsystem Light Emitting Ceramics and 4, 600w HPS light in a staggered pattern.

Both rooms should hopefully offer an improvement over the 8x600w original configuration of room 1.

Genetics this run will be the BC cutting of "BUBBA KUSH" with approx 40 plants in each room. Below is a pic from the last day of VEG before the plants were divided between 2 rooms.

View Image

To get us started on this Diary, here are both rooms at day 3 of bloom, plants have been spread out, they will get a trellice net in 1 week or so.

ROOM 1 (600/750w double ended HPS)

View Image

ROOM 2 (Mix of 600wHPS and 315wLEC)

View Image

Update time, sorry for being lazy guys! These pics were taken last Thursday night, right before we cleaned the bottoms and planned on trellice netting but got too drunk and decided we'd do bad things if we tried. right now im thinking of either staking or trellice netting by hand weaving a grid of nylon twin, since netting is probably too stressful this deep in (2.5 weeks)

Also forgot to mention this run we're running the Connoisseur from AN (their base nutrient designed for dialed in grows) based on the fact I know lots of people running Bubba and can predict a lot of this. And at the time of these pics, we're only running a 6 inch intake from outside for BOTH rooms. Which will change for a 6 inch intake for each tomorrow. (the rooms are open in the building so can share intake to an extent)

Double Ended Room
nioFLCI.jpg

600HPS 315CMH mix
EpkoTPa.jpg

Bud Size (pretty much equal for both rooms right now, but around week 4-5 we should see)
https://i.imgur.com/HS8RPsj.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Some pespective for the 10 days of stretch between posts....

Keep in mind these angles are not taken from the same vantage point, so use landmarks on the walls like tuck tape or the electric box I meant to cover up with poly as references.

O8meYmo.jpg

DunHav`nFun

Lookin good Rube.....How many weeks/days does it take to finish BC Bubba from 12/12 Bro ? .....How long did the clones veg before pullin the trigger and....Since stretch is 40% of the flower cycle how much more vertical and horizontal growth do you anticipate before full swellage mode begins....?....also....

What size are your rooms ?.....Do you hand water or have automated feed sequences.....What medium did you transplant your cubes into ?.....Enquiring minds wanna know so parameters can be looked at when both rooms finish with different watts per sq ft on top of yield comparison and such a difference in wattage.....anyways....

Thanks for your time and the hard work it takes to pump out the dank consistently.....Respect.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Lookin good Rube.....How many weeks/days does it take to finish BC Bubba from 12/12 Bro ? .....How long did the clones veg before pullin the trigger and....Since stretch is 40% of the flower cycle how much more vertical and horizontal growth do you anticipate before full swellage mode begins....?....also....

What size are your rooms ?.....Do you hand water or have automated feed sequences.....What medium did you transplant your cubes into ?.....Enquiring minds wanna know so parameters can be looked at when both rooms finish with different watts per sq ft on top of yield comparison and such a difference in wattage.....anyways....

Thanks for your time and the hard work it takes to pump out the dank consistently.....Respect.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

The original thread shows more of the room specs/construction
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336905

as far as this cutting of bubba

It runs around 10 weeks, stretch on this so far seems closer to maybe 25-30%. The room with the CMH's and HPS stretched about 6 inches more than the double ended room.

the rooms are about 10x12 feet, all of the plants are on a custom built in drainage tables that are 7x12 feet.

Clones get transplanted into solo cups with promix and vegged in a tent until they're about 10 inches tall (usually takes a week or two) and then transplanted to 3 gal pots. Once in 3 gal pots, i usually veg another week in the actual production area before flipping to 12/12

Right now its handwater, but i do plan to eventually switch to coco which I'm more comfortable automating than promix.

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Update! We're now at 3 weeks...

Room 1 has a much shorter and more even canopy, while room 2 has stretched a lot, and plants are less consistent in height.
Buds are already noticeably bigger in the double ended room.

Room 1 (6 x 750w Double Ended
MWJICl5.jpg

lXvjefq.jpg

Room 2 (4 x 600w HPS and 4 x 315w CMH
SONfcVs.jpg

qlm7vmY.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
might end up switching room 2 to double ended, since im pretty sure at this point the yield gain might justify the expense, even 3 weeks into flower.

DunHav`nFun

Although I`ve heard nothing but good things about the 315`s , watts per sq ft is watts per sq ft , regardless...and....

Using the old standard of 50 watts per sq ft being optimum for photosynthesis indoors , you`re already less than optimal with room 1 and only 4500 watts instead of 6000 + in a 125+/- sq ft room , not to mention the 3660 watts in room 2.......that said....

6-1KW`s would be top shelf coverage if environment can be maintained , but I`m also anxious to see the outcome with the 6-750`s due to the new DE fixtures to see if they do better than conventional HPS.....anyways.....Awesome work Bro , and yeah I agree with you on changing out room 2 with the same 6 -750 setup regardless of being 3 weeks in.....can only help....

Especially since you can dim the fixtures to get em through any lumen shock that may occur initially from upping the wattage , so good luck and here`s hoping for heavy harveys from both rooms.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:...

Latest posts

Latest posts