What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

p0opstlnksal0t

10×20 that's going to give you a foot shorter of a walkway than mine. I have to walk sideways. Lol mine is 11×21.

Things to upgrade on next run..

New 36k btu a/c. The 18k is struggling. I should have known that from the beginning. I got a deal on it and I sprung for it.. it will be a backup a/c now.

Smart pots for more breathable air flowing through the medium.

Making drip rings and not an open line directly at base of stalk.

More fans underneath. I got that covered now but I'm going to make permanent placement for them once I have room to work after I harvest.

Going to make both tables movable. On casters so i can defoliate like I want to.. it's killing me that I can't walk around all my plants and work on them like I want to. I'll raise my yield a half pound a light after this.. it's a very important method that needs to happen.

And be ultra clean and thorough on my cleanings of my reservoir and my RO water storage tanks. From the beginning .

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything you want. Your new room sound great.!!

Honestly bro I planned on no walkways.... I'll be using DJM's method, wall to wall scrog. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255

I'll be running 54k btu for the room (3x 18k wall units) hopefully this will suffice. I'll have a co2 burner and 8x 1150 maxed out deva lights.

Interesting idea with the smart pots. I think I prefer to feed until waste on this first run. I have an active aqua ebb n flow setup I'll modify with top feed drip rings and use the plumbing below for the dtw.

I think I may end up regretting the no walkway idea bUT I don't want to lose that 30sq ft of canopy space.

Nice recovery though man, shit impressive. How long until you chop? IM interested to see your final numbers

issack

Veteran
Honestly bro I planned on no walkways.... I'll be using DJM's method, wall to wall scrog. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255

I'll be running 54k btu for the room (3x 18k wall units) hopefully this will suffice. I'll have a co2 burner and 8x 1150 maxed out deva lights.

Interesting idea with the smart pots. I think I prefer to feed until waste on this first run. I have an active aqua ebb n flow setup I'll modify with top feed drip rings and use the plumbing below for the dtw.

I think I may end up regretting the no walkway idea bUT I don't want to lose that 30sq ft of canopy space.

Nice recovery though man, shit impressive. How long until you chop? IM interested to see your final numbers

I'm flushing right now so I'm probably chopping Friday. They are hanging sagging and done. Fast flowering strains.

I think you will regret the no walkway man. If a plant dies in the middle of the grow bed how are you going to extract it. things can happen to plants with all the sudden they die is what I've learned from this grow and the last. you never know, so if one dies I don't know how easy it is for you to walk through there and grab it, just a suggestion my last run was 13 plus pounds. this run I bet you anything I get about 17..

And I do feed until waste with a smart pots as well. top feed drain to waste.

issack

Veteran
I really like to manage my plants and defoliate before flower really well. It helps a ton with yeald and plants finishing faster. With no walk way you can't do that.

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm flushing right now so I'm probably chopping Friday. They are hanging sagging and done. Fast flowering strains.

I think you will regret the no walkway man. If a plant dies in the middle of the grow bed how are you going to extract it. things can happen to plants with all the sudden they die is what I've learned from this grow and the last. you never know, so if one dies I don't know how easy it is for you to walk through there and grab it, just a suggestion my last run was 13 plus pounds. this run I bet you anything I get about 17..

And I do feed until waste with a smart pots as well. top feed drain to waste.

I will have the buckets below arranged in a way that allows me to crawl below the canopy to access. I will also be able to undo the netting around the sides to access the outer edges. If you've seen the coco trees sticky thread DJM is the guy who gave me this idea to attempt. He's pulling 3-3.5 per kw. I know I probably won't enjoy crawling around in this manner but if it means an additional 30 sq feet of canopy I may make this sacrifice haha. I've got knee pads and an auto creeper seat to lay down undetected the canopy and roll around lol.

p0opstlnksal0t

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun but at the expense of a pound or two I'll make it work haha.
Im defoliating now...the canopy makes it very difficult and a lengthy process , but isles cost money, id rather work harder and maximize every sq foot of the room..since im on drippers isles really aren't necessary..its definitely not for every one..the trellis is 2 - 5 x 30s connected in the middle..when I defoliate, I untie about 3 feet between them , on the top and bottom trellis, pop up between the plants and work around that area, tie it back up and keep moving down..i also do the same around the parameter...takes a solid 8 hours to do the room, an isle would make it easier, but it would cost me a good 5 lbs per run from the loss of canopy...im no stranger to hard work, so I don't mind it..I do one major defoliating at day 18..i make sure that I pull down on the fan and take the entire stem off..at this stage , there is no flower, so the base of the fan is exposed to air and dries out..rot is a non issue....then I do another one at the start of flush..also pulling the fan down to make sure no dead pieces are left..i never pull fans from colas or tops, only from the secondary level of the canopy... below the top 10-12 inches..so its not an issue..if I pulled fans out of a cola, it may make it more susceptible to rot...plucking at the start of flush, opens the plants up, allowing more air to flow through them..At the same time I usually drop my temps and rh, so it makes rot really no concern

hope that clears it up

issack

Veteran
I will have the buckets below arranged in a way that allows me to crawl below the canopy to access. I will also be able to undo the netting around the sides to access the outer edges. If you've seen the coco trees sticky thread DJM is the guy who gave me this idea to attempt. He's pulling 3-3.5 per kw. I know I probably won't enjoy crawling around in this manner but if it means an additional 30 sq feet of canopy I may make this sacrifice haha. I've got knee pads and an auto creeper seat to lay down undetected the canopy and roll around lol.

Wow. Okay. Well go for it then.!! Make a grow thread I wanna see this. Also you're going to have to spray your plants while you're laying down too.. lol it will be a chore but doable for sure. Build it. !!

p0opstlnksal0t

Wow. Okay. Well go for it then.!! Make a grow thread I wanna see this. Also you're going to have to spray your plants while you're laying down too.. lol it will be a chore but doable for sure. Build it. !!

I'll do that buddy, I start the build in a month. Sub'D in here for your final count. Nice work bro

issack

Veteran
Okay guys. Harvested Saturday at 7 weeks. Colas were falling everywhere.. took me hours to cut each plant out of the nets. I'm pretty impressed with how heavy each plant was. I've walked a lot of plans to my dry room in my life, and these indoor plants are definitely the heaviest I've ever held.. I'll know after this weekend when I get my first couple lights trimmed what I'm dealing with.
Mountain Apple got some purple hues and she sure does look beautiful and smells great. Pineapple once again never lets down. it's an awesome plant..
I tried for the last hour and a half to figure out and crop and rotate my pictures that I uploaded to my gallery here. To try to not get them to upload sideways, but this site just wants to upload some pictures sideways for some reason I don't know so sorry about that.

Cloning Green crack original S1 and purple wreck for the next run. While I wait I'm going to be putting in the new AC, some more fans, casters on my tables so I can move them and clean clean clean.! , and some other button up things in there.

Definitely will be vegging only 3 weeks next run and not a month.. that was ridiculous. Excited to make my tables move too. It's going to be a game changer with yield.

Pineapple chunk
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Phases

Very impressive.

Do you know how many GPW you are pulling?

Those colas are just amazing. Doing an awesome job! Keep it up looking forward to your next run..

issack

Veteran
Thanks fellas.!

Idk how much GPW yet I'll know after this next week is up hopefully. That is if my trimmer chicks drop it in high gear. They usually do well and are excited about trimming indoors as opposed to outdoors. More weight more more money for them. Lol.
Actually over all the years finding good Trimmers is almost the hardest thing with growing for me. Soooooo many dumb shits. Liars,winners, people that try steal. I even got my house robbed about 3 years ago from the brothers of one of my trusted trimmers. ( she set it all up.) they took everything, it was really really bad, and also really really bad for them in a long run. Like very... lets just say I am full on home alarm surveillance cameras the nine yards now when then I wasn't.
I'm happy to have two single moms that live right down the street that are really trusted and awesome !

Latest posts

Latest posts