What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

issack

Veteran
Very impressive setup and yield. I must say the simplicity is really nice to see as well. I've been using Air pots and fabric pots for years and can tell you that your yields and growth rates will both go up. I've found the air pots to yield a bit higher than the smart pots, but they also dry out faster too. I grow in soil with about 20-30% coco mixed in.

Keep up the good work

-Funk

Thank you man. Yes I've been reading this for a while about the better yields with air and smart pots. I have a "if it's not broke don't fix it" mindset sometimes. But thank you for the feedback. Next run I will bust out the smart pots and give it a whirl.

issack

Veteran
1.6 1.7 EC. I never feed over 900ppm throughout the whole grow.

Marijuana plants can take high feeds but IMO it's not needed. Nutrients companies capitalized on this, and recommend a blistering feed chart that is most of the time complete overkill.. Still get great yields with half the nutes. Once you get over the 1000 1200 1500ppm and continuously feed that way then you're more likely to have problems arise I believe, and from experience. And I don't flush , i feed with run off all the way till the end. Then taper off slowly the last week so my last two feedings are like 300 200 ppm. Then harvest. Lower EC works better anyway with this multiple feed method. The plant constantly gets food and oxygenated water

GastroGrower

I do a multifeed in coco and they love it around 250 - 300 PPM. Once I get over 600 watts they get a bit hungrier but not by much.

issack

Veteran
try a table , I swear you will change immediately. I did, I was blown away at the difference. I did step up the watering from 2x a day to 5 at end of flower
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...dTUAhVF62MKHR62AiQQMwhGKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Flood tables.? Did that for years man. This is working better for me. Feeding fresh nutes every 2 hours opposed to flooding with same solution and having to deal with bacteria on a way bigger scale. This is less maintenance for me.. moving from tables has been great.

Ground Up

Flood tables.? Did that for years man. This is working better for me. Feeding fresh nutes every 2 hours opposed to flooding with same solution and having to deal with bacteria on a way bigger scale. This is less maintenance for me.. moving from tables has been great.
No sorry not flood tables.. by table I meant pots full under a lite, my set up was just like yours almost. I ran a 50% 50% coco perlite, 1.5 gal air pots top fed .. now they make rings for them to flood and water evenly which I would of loved.
your grow and mine are exactly the same other wise,i had lite movers .I used to run teas and earth juice sugar peak for nutes. ,
wanna blow your mind, put a mat at the bottom for the roots to funnel into . I was blown away with the outcome, however I like moving things around and turning pots,

issack

Veteran
Is this bloomats..? So you are feeding from the bottom then.? The mat stays wet ? Send a link if can I'm into researching.
When I did flood an drain I used to stretch panda film over the tables then cut holes for my pots. Then the roots wouldn't see light and fill up in the tables . It would be optimal if the roots could have a place to spread yes. I get what you mean. I'm just not having a vision of the material used for the mat.

saitama

Is this bloomats..? So you are feeding from the bottom then.? The mat stays wet ? Send a link if can I'm into researching.
When I did flood an drain I used to stretch panda film over the tables then cut holes for my pots. Then the roots wouldn't see light and fill up in the tables . It would be optimal if the roots could have a place to spread yes. I get what you mean. I'm just not having a vision of the material used for the mat.

I think he meant try a table of the air pots.

Blumats are an auto watering system like a slow constant drip meant to maintain a certain moisture level. They're little 'sensors' that drip a slow amount based on the moisture of the media detected by ceramic and it's saturation level. Though the name has 'mat' in it, it's actually a top feed system and nothing to do with under the pots.

Ground Up

I think he meant try a table of the air pots.

Blumats are an auto watering system like a slow constant drip meant to maintain a certain moisture level. They're little 'sensors' that drip a slow amount based on the moisture of the media detected by ceramic and it's saturation level. Though the name has 'mat' in it, it's actually a top feed system and nothing to do with under the pots.

sorry guys I had a few when I was on last, used to top feed, airpots, organic nutes, a few times I used a coco mat with clay balls under table to see what the roots did and was blown away with the results, I always tried different stuff, I used to run 8 lites, and was able to bloom on one side and finish on other, so I was always trying different things, not once have I ever ran all 8 lites and plants for a full harvest

watts up

Hey Issack,

Looking the goods man!!

Do you find that the PC goes into a bit of shock when you strip 1 week before you flip? I was always under the impression that you should stirp 2 weeks before flower so they don't stunt too much..

Keep it up Bro

Cheers

Watts up

issack

Veteran
I top my plants once, and that is about a week into veg from clone. And no I have never had a plant go into shock after I stripped them in my experience.

They are filling up nicely

picture.php

saitama

I also use OG biowar 24 hour brewed tea in every rez change as well as some boogie brew in there , and I believe that is a game changer. No RA's. And i also have killed Russets in my last run with ease with foliar at lights out. I don't even worry about mites now.. harsh chems are a thing of the past. Best product I've ever used.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Hi issack,

Can you please tell me a little bit more about your foliar and why you no longer worry about mites? A lot of growers around me have been getting mites and I would love to hear about your solution.

Thanks!

issack

Veteran
I use this recipe for my foliar and to put in my rez at every Change. If you have a russet, broad mite infestation then use this at full strength soon as lights go out. Turn off fans and let it sit. 3 days straight and you will kill any mite. It suffocates them. I've done it several times . And when you constantly use this tea in your feed water from the beginning, you will never have a RA problem. This and microbe lift. I have no fungus gnats at all too.
I foliar once a week and have no pests at all. It's amazing stuff. I've tried to chime in on threads where people were trying everything, but people just seem to not wanna try it and keep using harsh chemicals. This stuff works.
picture.php

saitama

Sounds awesome. How late in flower do you use it? Also, does it work on spider mites?

Thanks for sharing