What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

saitama

I can't blame just the bud structure. I made an error in this grow letting the plants get too tall. Even at 1100 ppf center at 16" distance, the tops got bleached (you were right, 40) and the lower branches did not get enough light. This light needs to be run at full power to get the benefits and at a very high distance. I believe there is a considerable amount of UV (esp at my close distance) based on the fact that I had a few calyxes that looked like they were seeded/split, but were completely empty. Granted, that could have been due to just too much light.

Anyway, I messed this run up and have learned from my mistakes. I won't be running this light again with such a low height and no co2. Will be ditching the 4x4...soon...

New thread when that happens.

Thanks for being along for the ride, all.

starke

Nice harvest in spite of the trials and tribulations. Those are some really frosty buds. Congrats.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Nice report on the harvest Satima. Looks like you got your 7 day dry on the dot. Im chopping down today, trying to go for 10 days. Whats your cure process ?

Sounds like your converting the whole room, excited to see you work your magic!

Half a pound acceptable bud = 454/2=227. 227/664 = 34% was acceptable grade bud. Room for improvement for sure, Im also trying to reduce larf as much as possible.

I made a post if people include LARF into there G/W calculations. Seems like some do some don't, there should be a standard of sorts for this. I guess it should be included, but then to have a second metric to calculate percentage or amount of the total that was high grade bud. You hit 1.21G/W 664/550 Congrats. Now just to reduce the larf %

Enjoy the rosin, let us know the yields on that, I'm curious.

Some white widow bubble hash that I pressed to rosin. 75% yield from second wash bubble and the best color and clarity I have ever produced!!! I'm very proud of this so I thought I would share. :woohoo::dance013:

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hey saitama, I really admired your white widow grow , but this pictures are what I was most impressed with , I would like to hear about your process , I have trimmings and larf buds that I'd like to make 'em into hash , there's an alcohol process but I think bubble hash only deals with ice water ??? Either way awesome looking white widow buds , FSG.

saitama

Hey saitama, I really admired your white widow grow , but this pictures are what I was most impressed with , I would like to hear about your process , I have trimmings and larf buds that I'd like to make 'em into hash , there's an alcohol process but I think bubble hash only deals with ice water ??? Either way awesome looking white widow buds , FSG.

Just made bubble hash from freshly harvested and frozen trim and pressed it through a 25u screen.

Nice report on the harvest Satima. Looks like you got your 7 day dry on the dot. Im chopping down today, trying to go for 10 days. Whats your cure process ?

Sounds like your converting the whole room, excited to see you work your magic!

Half a pound acceptable bud = 454/2=227. 227/664 = 34% was acceptable grade bud. Room for improvement for sure, Im also trying to reduce larf as much as possible.

I made a post if people include LARF into there G/W calculations. Seems like some do some don't, there should be a standard of sorts for this. I guess it should be included, but then to have a second metric to calculate percentage or amount of the total that was high grade bud. You hit 1.21G/W 664/550 Congrats. Now just to reduce the larf %

Enjoy the rosin, let us know the yields on that, I'm curious.

I know what you mean here. Honestly, most of the 'larf' was perfectly vendable, but I was going to press the majority anyway so I didn't bother to trim it.

664g was merely to give you guys some kind of weight.

I didn't intend to come off like I hit 1.21gpw. I know I got way more yield last time, but I was at least at .8 .9

That first press was 20% yield from fresh off the vine, untrimmed flowers.

saitama

Hello! I will be starting a new thread when I get my new room up and running after my move.

I am considering selling the URSA as well if anybody is interested in it.

saitama

How long ? LOL , also what are you upgrading too for lights ?

Shooting for mid oct move date and hopefully soon after, the next session of bean popping will start...depending on how much work I have to do to the property.

I have 3x 3 cob vero29 bars (copied the PLC6), quantum boards (2x 260w kits, HLG550 equivalent) and some of the boards that Avid Lerner here on this forum designed. I will be going full DIY.

At 4000k, the optilux should make for a very efficient $1800 veg light when dimmed down.

B78ssWP.jpg

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most impressive thread :respect: just tore through the entire this earlier today.
Totally looking forward to the next thread,
hope I catch it at the beginning !

Phases

Hey 40,

No rehab centers! This is one addiction that I would never want to be cured from -
I can't think of anything I would rather do, growing is the most amazing thing ever..
I am definitely jealous of your fridge seed stash!!
Need to start working on mine pronto..
:)

I have 5 or 6 grand of seeds purchased int he past 2 years in fridge ;\ wait what am I frowning for =))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Welcome to the club and there is no rehab centers for us hah.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Shooting for mid oct move date and hopefully soon after, the next session of bean popping will start...depending on how much work I have to do to the property.

I have 3x 3 cob vero29 bars (copied the PLC6), quantum boards (2x 260w kits, HLG550 equivalent) and some of the boards that Avid Lerner here on this forum designed. I will be going full DIY.

At 4000k, the optilux should make for a very efficient $1800 veg light when dimmed down.

View Image

Sounds like you've been watching a lot of growmaus and greengenes ;)

some exciting changes for sure with the new lights and space. Im sure you moved just to be able to have a new big room hahah.

what happened to the GTH#1 ? I figured you would keep vegging in your transition, take clones, and run it mono crop in the new set up

saitama

Sounds like you've been watching a lot of growmaus and greengenes ;)

some exciting changes for sure with the new lights and space. Im sure you moved just to be able to have a new big room hahah.

what happened to the GTH#1 ? I figured you would keep vegging in your transition, take clones, and run it mono crop in the new set up

Yes, yes I have haha.

I'm moving to a different state, so I gave the GTH1 and zamaldelica to a friend. Very sad but it had to happen.