What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's second run - Larry OG

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
very interesting!
thanks for posting and i think i might look into that a little farther
also temp plays a big part in how much moisture air can hold, and i think this would also have an effect on mold growth

plus like you said you have a certain enviroment you are growing in, i hvae my own
what works in one set up may not translate to another
but im sure you can find some neat ideas and fit them into your grow

ok i see the gal now!
just a sprout
keep an eye on that husk, she may need some help shedding it

looking good brother

Fiddynut

very interesting!
thanks for posting and i think i might look into that a little farther
also temp plays a big part in how much moisture air can hold, and i think this would also have an effect on mold growth

plus like you said you have a certain enviroment you are growing in, i hvae my own
what works in one set up may not translate to another
but im sure you can find some neat ideas and fit them into your grow

ok i see the gal now!
just a sprout
keep an eye on that husk, she may need some help shedding it

looking good brother
Good morning pop_rocks.
I have had a busy weekend getting ready for winter, raking leaves and stuff like that. I got my shopping done at the grow shop and should be ready to go once the plants are. I got clonex rooting gel, rooter plugs, 2 trays (1 with drainage and 1 without), 3 domes ( a 2" a 4" and a 7"). I added a tower fan with hepa filter for the flower tent as well. They were out of superthrive so maybe I'll get that next time.

The 2 older girls are on their 3rd set of leaves and I was planing on topping at the 5th set I think. Is that ok if I'm planing on taking cuttings?
The #3 is looking good and I did have to help it shed the husk. I gave it a couple days to do it by itself but it was on their pretty good.

I didn't have a lot of time to keep reading about VPD over the weekend but I bumped my dehuey up to 55% and we will see how that affects things. I'm also nit sure how having the filter inside the tent will help but it couldn't hurt. It may help trap some spores and may help with oder control as well. I'll post an update and more on the plants today sometime. I made a great BBQ pulled pork but this weekend and took a bunch of pics and some BBQ beans on the smoker too. I will be starting a thread in the Munchie mansion and do a tutorial of sorts.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
rad!!
pulled pork is a fav of mine and i love me some good beans!
one of my favs is taking the bone for the pork and cooking that wiht a pot of beans (usually pinto or navy bean but lately we have been using the white beans)
i could eat that alone with a crust of bread for days!
do you add vinegar to your pork?
i like the apple cider kind

yes, waiting until the 5th set is good
i usually wait a little longer but then i cut it down at least three nodes from the top
i leave the little leaves around the first from the top and then strip the stem down to where i plan on makeing the cut
so im leaving one node bare and cutting across the third node if that makes sence

or you could just top the very tip and let the tops grow a little before taking the cuts from the two branches that are now growing

just some options to think about

is it starting to get cold there,man?
we had our first day of real fall like weather yesterday and it was great!
grey and a light drizzle, temps probably in the mid to high 60's
im looking fore ward to the winter!

Fiddynut

rad!!
pulled pork is a fav of mine and i love me some good beans!
one of my favs is taking the bone for the pork and cooking that wiht a pot of beans (usually pinto or navy bean but lately we have been using the white beans)
i could eat that alone with a crust of bread for days!
do you add vinegar to your pork?
i like the apple cider kind

yes, waiting until the 5th set is good
i usually wait a little longer but then i cut it down at least three nodes from the top
i leave the little leaves around the first from the top and then strip the stem down to where i plan on makeing the cut
so im leaving one node bare and cutting across the third node if that makes sence

or you could just top the very tip and let the tops grow a little before taking the cuts from the two branches that are now growing

just some options to think about

is it starting to get cold there,man?
we had our first day of real fall like weather yesterday and it was great!
grey and a light drizzle, temps probably in the mid to high 60's
im looking fore ward to the winter!
Pulled pork thread up:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7670761&posted=1#post7670761

I usually just use a heavy rub on the pulled pork I serve to friends and family. When prepping for a competition with friends I would inject with apple juice and apple cider vinegar along with some finally ground rub. We also trim the butt a lot more for more "bark" on the outside. It's more work and if you have the time and motivation it is a great way to go.
I'm with you about some good beans and bread. I could eat that for days too.

I think I'll top at the fifth node and take 2 cuts from those when they get 3 nodes. I want to take at least two cuts since I may have a hard time getting them to root or I'll have 2 chances to screw it up anyway:)

Yes winter is on it's way and we had a couple cold days last week. It was almost 80 deg yesterday and should be around 70 next couple days but highs in the 50's by the end of the week. The trees have mostly changed colors and are dropping their leaves. That means raking leaves and cleaning gutters for me the next few weeks. Gotta get the yard and gutters free of leaves before things freeze up.

I always love the cool down after a hot summer. It feels fresh compared to stale hot summer. I bet 60's feels great in SoCal after a long summer. I'm really looking forward to the colder air for my growing environment.

Fiddynut

Quick update

Quick update

Just a quick update the baby's are growing a lot and looking good. I am noticing a little leaf curl and I think it's from the dry environment. I remember my last girls doing that when they were very young as well. I've given 2 waterings with a little earth juice and they seem to be loving it. I may water tomorrow morning again and will probably continue with a light dose of ej. After that I will probably make the switch to fox farms nutes. If things go well I may be able to top by the end of the week at the fifth node. Once I top I will wait until I get two branches with 3 nodes ant take my first cuttings. I got cloning supplies last weekend so I should be ready when my girls are. The girls have more than doubled in size from Friday when I took the last pics to Tuesday when these pics were taken.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i will hvae to drop by that pork thread
it sounds like you have mad skills when it comes to your grill outs, yaahhhh
im more of a meat and smoke kind of guy, i dont really rub my meat
/heeey-oooo
mrs chicky likes the sauces tho, so i try and make a few for dipping

depending on how soon you are taking your cuts, maybe hold off on the nutrients
dont feed for at least a few days, i wait at least a week, before taking cuts
they just take better
at this point you will prob grow them out for at least two more weeks depending on how you count
i like to start counting at five fingered leaves, but if your plants look good like yours do in the pics we can count that first three finger node as node #1

wait till after you top/take cuts to begin your fox farm
i would even give them a few days to recover from the stress before givining them the plant food
at least one watering, plainn water

/guess who is smoking a new batch of hash
/sprry for the typos and rambling content

Last edited:

Fiddynut

i will hvae to drop by that pork thread
it sounds like you have mad skills when it comes to your grill outs, yaahhhh
im more of a meat and smoke kind of guy, i dont really rub my meat
/heeey-oooo
mrs chicky likes the sauces tho, so i try and make a few for dipping

depending on how soon you are taking your cuts, maybe hold off on the nutrients
dont feed for at least a few days, i wait at least a week, before taking cuts
they just take better
at this point you will prob grow them out for at least two more weeks depending on how you count
i like to start counting at five fingered leaves, but if your plants look good like yours do in the pics we can count that first three finger node as node #1

wait till after you top/take cuts to begin your fox farm
i would even give them a few days to recover from the stress before givining them the plant food
at least one watering, plainn water

/guess who is smoking a new batch of hash
/sprry for the typos and rambling content
Good morning pop_rocks.
I struggled with inconsistent results with my BBQ for a long time before some friends showed me how they do it. One of them competes in kcbs competitions and now has a BBQ food truck. I use a lot of a commercial rub on my pork butts and a very light rub on my ribs. However I take a very different approach on my brisket. My secret brisket rub is 60/40 kosher salt/black pepper. I love how the brisket tastes with the simple seasoning and smoke. I've done ribs with just salt and pepper also and they are great I just have to modify from the way I do them when I use a rub. I also use sauce very lightly or not at all but like to have the option and I like to use blues hog sauce which has a very complex flavor.

I'm glad you reminded me that I need to hold off nutes before cloning. I think I'm getting excited and starting to rush things a bit. I think they will be fine with just the little bit of earth juice I use to lower pH. The earth juice is just earth warm castings and bird poop so more like a light tea that I water with. I think?.
I didn't know you should wait until 5 fingered leaves to count nodes. I haven't heard that but it makes sense since the plant starts making them when it's happy and healthy. Again maybe I'm just getting in too much of a hurry and need to slow it down a bit. I'm excited to take the cuttings and get some experience with that but I shouldn't be rushing it. I'm sure I'll have a better chance if the plants are more healthy than if I'm trying to take cuts from immature plants as well.
Thanks for slowing me back down and putting things in perspective.
I think the girls are looking good as of this morning. A little leaf curl and the color is slightly pale green (not yellowing at all just not as dark a green). I think that is because the roots are small right now and having a hard time keeping up with the growth above ground. I have the t5's just a few 5-6 inches above the plants. Should I raise the light a little? I don't want to encourage them to stretch out. I'd say the nodes are stacking 1/4 inch apart right now maybe less.
I think I was getting a little careless on this one. I got lazy and didn't keep a log for the first couple weeks. I started the new daily log last weekend. Time to slow down and start concentrating on what I'm doing. I'm really glad I'm doing this diary. It gives me a chance to get some perspective and as I wright things I see where I need to do a better job. Still a lot to learn for me.
Congrats on the new batch of hash. I'm the one who should apologies for the typos and rambling.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
good call on teh salt and pepper
i dont really think of that as a rubbing and will apply that about mid way through the cooking
i ahev this garlic pepper i like to use too, but will apply that near the end otherwise the garlics taste will change
its funny you mention food trucks because my nephew( who is more like a son to me) was talking about starting up one
i told him to come down and we willt alk abotu it in person ( im really just trying to get the guy to visit)
but i would totally help him out and invest in a food truck with him if tyhat is what he really wants to do
he is a good cook
ive never even heard of this blues hog sauce!
i will hvae to look on amazon and see if i can score some!
right on man!

yeah the whole five finger thing is just something i do
i hvae no idea how others count their nodes, but i figure it dosent hurt to wait a little longer and err on the side of more growth
if i was just pinching tops to limit growth it would be totally different, but wiht clones i want to make sure the plant is nice and string before taking my cuts

i think your light is positioned fine
you have some good air flow going and the temps are about right, no?
if so i tihnk 5-6" is fine.

yes, small roots need less food and water
sometimes the leaf will curl because your nut mix to too hot
maybe just give them a some plain water for a couple waterings and see if that helps
/i reclicked on the last pics you posted and they look ok not like they were overfed
(they would ahve a curl and burn at the tips)

im sure you are excited to get this rocket into space but at this point patience is the best thing you can do
in no time at all you are going to have some good mother plants and a ton of clones!
thats when the fun really begins!

oh and like led zepplin says, ramble on brother!
i really like talking to you and enjoy our little visits!

Fiddynut

good call on teh salt and pepper
i dont really think of that as a rubbing and will apply that about mid way through the cooking
i ahev this garlic pepper i like to use too, but will apply that near the end otherwise the garlics taste will change
its funny you mention food trucks because my nephew( who is more like a son to me) was talking about starting up one
i told him to come down and we willt alk abotu it in person ( im really just trying to get the guy to visit)
but i would totally help him out and invest in a food truck with him if tyhat is what he really wants to do
he is a good cook
ive never even heard of this blues hog sauce!
i will hvae to look on amazon and see if i can score some!
right on man!

yeah the whole five finger thing is just something i do
i hvae no idea how others count their nodes, but i figure it dosent hurt to wait a little longer and err on the side of more growth
if i was just pinching tops to limit growth it would be totally different, but wiht clones i want to make sure the plant is nice and string before taking my cuts

i think your light is positioned fine
you have some good air flow going and the temps are about right, no?
if so i tihnk 5-6" is fine.

yes, small roots need less food and water
sometimes the leaf will curl because your nut mix to too hot
maybe just give them a some plain water for a couple waterings and see if that helps
/i reclicked on the last pics you posted and they look ok not like they were overfed
(they would ahve a curl and burn at the tips)

im sure you are excited to get this rocket into space but at this point patience is the best thing you can do
in no time at all you are going to have some good mother plants and a ton of clones!
thats when the fun really begins!

oh and like led zepplin says, ramble on brother!
i really like talking to you and enjoy our little visits!
Good morning pop_rocks.
Thumbs up on the garlic pepper. Salt and pepper may be the foundation of great seasoning but garlic used in the right proportion can turn good food into great food.

I was really surprised when I found out my buddy was starting a food truck. He knows his BBQ and has placed well at national competitions but it's a whole different thing serving the general public. He quit a good job to do it and that takes balls. He built the kitchen in his food truck and spent a lot of cash on it. There are a lot of certifications and permits and inspections so that you can be a mobile restaurant. I've herd that the restaurant business is one of the hardest to succeed at at least in this part of the country. Even if business is good in the summer I doubt their will be people standing around outside eating BBQ when it 5 deg out. I have a feeling that SoCal is a better location for a food truck than Milwaukee.
Yep check out the blues hog if you get a chance. They have the original which is thick and very complex and the Tennessee red which is spicy and thiner and more vinegar based. If you mix 2/1 original/Tennessee red you have a sauce very similar to what people are winning BBQ competitions with. Both are very strong so go sparingly.

I think I was just getting a bit ahead of myself a bit and just need to let these girls grow a bit. I am seeing some 5 bladed leaves developing now and they are coming along just fine. I have a small desk fan blowing up onto the light which deflects the wind down onto the plants. Enough wind to move them a little but not to bend them over or anything. I have a 4" inline duct fan pulling air through the tent for air exchange. I'm not moving as much air through it as I am my flower tent but I think enough to change the air out every couple min. Temps are running around 69-71 lights off and 72-74 lights on so I think I'm ok with that. I'm keeping humidity at 50-55% but not sure how that will change as the weather changes. It may get hard to keep it that high once the very cold and dry winter air moves in. I'll be keeping an eye on it and maybe add a humidifier if need be. I have to keep my whole basement at the temp and humidity that I want since air is constantly exchanged into and out of tents so I don't think I can have separate humidity in veg and flower.
I don't think I'm over feeding because I'm just using enough earth juice to bring the pH of my water down to 6.5. That ends up being about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per gallon. It's all organic and has an n-p-k of 2-1-1. I'm told it almost impossible to burn with this type of nute and especially at these low doses. I will give just water for a couple waterings before taking cuttings though.
Speaking of cuttings I'm thinking of a strategy to take cuttings at the same time even though one of my plants is a week or so behind the other two. What I'm thinking is to top the #1 and #2 plants at the fifth node and not top the #3 which is behind. When the #1&2 have grown enough to take two tops off the #3 should be ready to take the one top off. This will give me les chance of error with the #3 but all my cuttings will be the same age and easer to deal with. If the cuttings don't do well I can take more just before I switch to 12/12 and hope they work. If I still have issues I can take more cuttings and they will have to reveg. I don't know if that makes sense but that's kind of the plan for now.

The baby's are settling in to a nice watering routine of every 3-31/2 days. They will need water tomorrow and I'll take some pics and put up an update. I'm enjoying our conversations too and learning a lot. I always look forward to your reply.
I've been reading some threads about the upcoming bill to legalize rec in ca and it seems people are pretty divided about it. Sounds like a lot of people voting no because it is pretty restrictive. I can see both sides and will be watching close to see what happens.
Piece out until next time.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
topping #1-2 sounds like a solid start and will give #3 a chance to catch up before takign clones
yeah you will only have one cut of number three but at this point one is all you need as long as it takes

you said you were planning on placing three plants under your 600w?
so you just need one of ea to begin with and this first ruin is just to see what you have
you will prob end up tossing the two extra #1-2 clones anyway
take the healthiest ones and let em grow

as long as you are keeping the vegging plants around you cant really go wrong
were you planning on flowering the vegging plants this run or just testing the genetics with the clones?
/you know it may be better to do a trial run with clones just to dial in your environment

either way, you should know within a couple weeks how the clones are doing
you will get a hint within the first few days but know for sure by a couple weeks (maybe three)

yeah man, running a business isnt just about being good at something
a friend is self employed and most of what he does is fill out paperwork and deal with the behind the scenes stuff like paperwork and taxes

your buddy has a bbq truck?
he doesnt smoke or grill his meat in the vehicle does he?
i would think you would smoke the meat and do lots of the prep elsewhere and then just keep it ready in the truck
does he also have grill so he can make like burgers or even steak fresh?
yeah ca. does have a great climate for something like that year round
but there is also a lot of competition
i think its kind of slowing down now,but its still popular because of the relatively low start up cost
one thing i see more of are these microbrewery tasting rooms where the food trucks will park out front
the brewery is kind of low key for this area but their beer is dank and i would not be surprised if they even had a deal with the food trucks
maybe your buddy can post up near a friendly brewery or in a area people go to dirnk
do they regulate where he can park?
i tip my hat to anyone working for themselves

hope your weekend is off to a great start
looking fore ward tot eh pics !

Fiddynut

topping #1-2 sounds like a solid start and will give #3 a chance to catch up before takign clones
yeah you will only have one cut of number three but at this point one is all you need as long as it takes

you said you were planning on placing three plants under your 600w?
so you just need one of ea to begin with and this first ruin is just to see what you have
you will prob end up tossing the two extra #1-2 clones anyway
take the healthiest ones and let em grow

as long as you are keeping the vegging plants around you cant really go wrong
were you planning on flowering the vegging plants this run or just testing the genetics with the clones?
/you know it may be better to do a trial run with clones just to dial in your environment

either way, you should know within a couple weeks how the clones are doing
you will get a hint within the first few days but know for sure by a couple weeks (maybe three)

yeah man, running a business isnt just about being good at something
a friend is self employed and most of what he does is fill out paperwork and deal with the behind the scenes stuff like paperwork and taxes

your buddy has a bbq truck?
he doesnt smoke or grill his meat in the vehicle does he?
i would think you would smoke the meat and do lots of the prep elsewhere and then just keep it ready in the truck
does he also have grill so he can make like burgers or even steak fresh?
yeah ca. does have a great climate for something like that year round
but there is also a lot of competition
i think its kind of slowing down now,but its still popular because of the relatively low start up cost
one thing i see more of are these microbrewery tasting rooms where the food trucks will park out front
the brewery is kind of low key for this area but their beer is dank and i would not be surprised if they even had a deal with the food trucks
maybe your buddy can post up near a friendly brewery or in a area people go to dirnk
do they regulate where he can park?
i tip my hat to anyone working for themselves

hope your weekend is off to a great start
looking fore ward tot eh pics !
Good morning pop_rocks.
I'm planing on flowering these three out as soon as they are ready. As soon as I know the cuttings are going to make it I'll get the 3 under the 600 and change to 12/12. I'll probably get three more seeds started a couple weeks after I get these three switched to flower. Then I'll take cuttings from the 3 new seedlings once they are big enough. Now I'll have clones of all 6 before the first 3 are harvested. I'll have the second batch from seed vegged and waiting to go into the flower tent as soon as I harvest the first three. I can evaluate the first three after harvest and pick which I want to veg for round 3. After harvest 2 I can evaluate the second 3 and pick from the 6 plants from seed that I have copies of. I'll have a few mothers at that point and if I'm happy with some of them I'll probably regrow the best of them a couple times to get them dialed in. If none are great I'll be finding some new seeds to evaluate and start all over. This should give me a lot of practice cloning and keeping the mothers trimmed up. I will have to figure out how to keep the moms down to a reasonable size so I don't get too crowded.

Something I hadn't thought about was getting cloning practice with some of the hermie seeds that I got of my last harvest. I have a bunch of seeds and if I had been thinking I'd have got them going just to practice on. I wouldn't want to flower them out but I'm sure I could use them for getting experience. I may pop a few of them if I feel I could use the practice down the road.

I agree it's hard work being self employed or being a very small business. My dad had a small home building business when I was a teenager. He would work from 6am to 10pm and a lot of 7 day work weeks. I have always worked for small business and I see how hard the owners work and how much social life they have to sacrifice.

My buddies truck is a licensed mobile restaurant and he does all the cooking and smoking on the truck. If he used a separate kitchen it would have to be a licensed industrial kitchen. With BBQ there is always a rest time so he smokes everything in the trucks BBQ before going to a location. He has a nice steam oven for holding the food. Since ribs only take 4 hours he could cook ribs at location if he was going to be somewhere for an extended period of time. The butts and briskets take 12+ hours plus rest time so they need to be ready to go. Brisket and pork butt hold well and are better after a couple hour rest anyway but ribs are better sooner. He also has beans potato salad cornbread and a couple other sides that rotate. He doesn't do steaks or burgers or anything just slow smoked BBQ, but he does some specials like BBQ meatloaf sandwich or bacon wrapped BBQ meatballs.
That is a great idea about finding a micro brew tasting and parking there. There are some pretty restrictive rules about how long they can park in one spot or if they can park at all in a lot of city's here. I think the regular restaurants are afraid that food trucks will hurt there bigness and they organized and lobbied for laws that make it tough on food trucks. There are hundreds of small festivals every weekend here in the spring-summer-fall and those are great spots for him. He is also allowed to park off street in a businesses parking lot so that's what he does for lunches during the week. I saw a pic from last week of him in a parking lot and the line of people must have been 30-40 deep.

I hope your weekend is going well. No football for me today so I'm going to get out on my new motorcycle and play some disc golf. It's sunny and 65 deg not many nice days like this left this year.
Update today as well but I'm going to go play outside for a while first.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
thanks for the information!
at least i have some idea of what i will be talking about with my nephew next time we talk
here in san diego, local restaurants have pretty much made it so food trucks cant be anywhere near their action
but this micorbrewery is in a buisness park surrounded by warehouses and random small business

hats off to your friend and i look up to anyone willing to take a chance on themselves
he is living the dream!!

i do the same thing with my clones
because of space i usually flower the plant that grew from seed, after having taken several cuts
it is the oldest and has a robust canopy, plus its easier for me to maintain several smaller plants than to hold on to large mother plants
in this case be sure to take several extra cuts
like take your first round of cuttings, and then when they have rooted (about two-three weeks) take another set of cuts before throwing the larger plants into flower
we are looking at about five weeks out from the day you took the first cuts but i think its worth the peace of mind

/ i have confidence in your ability and think you will have no probs picking up how to clone
so if you choose to skip the 2nd round i would not be too worried

hope you enjoy your ride, friend!
did you get a new road bike or is this a bad ass chopper wiht ape hangers?!?

Fiddynut

thanks for the information!
at least i have some idea of what i will be talking about with my nephew next time we talk
here in san diego, local restaurants have pretty much made it so food trucks cant be anywhere near their action
but this micorbrewery is in a buisness park surrounded by warehouses and random small business

hats off to your friend and i look up to anyone willing to take a chance on themselves
he is living the dream!!

i do the same thing with my clones
because of space i usually flower the plant that grew from seed, after having taken several cuts
it is the oldest and has a robust canopy, plus its easier for me to maintain several smaller plants than to hold on to large mother plants
in this case be sure to take several extra cuts
like take your first round of cuttings, and then when they have rooted (about two-three weeks) take another set of cuts before throwing the larger plants into flower
we are looking at about five weeks out from the day you took the first cuts but i think its worth the peace of mind

/ i have confidence in your ability and think you will have no probs picking up how to clone
so if you choose to skip the 2nd round i would not be too worried

hope you enjoy your ride, friend!
did you get a new road bike or is this a bad ass chopper wiht ape hangers?!?
Good morning pop_rocks.
Your nephew will have to check state and local regulations. I'm sure each state is different and he may need permits or certifications from state and maybe county and city as well. Best way is to find a food truck that seems to be doing well and try to talk with the owner a bit to see what the hurdles are. I think most food truck owners would be cool with spending a few minutiae to share there experience and give advise. Just try to find one who isn't really busy so they can take some time.

Taking a second set of cuttings sounds like a great idea and should work out fine timing wise. I was planing on waiting about 3 weeks after taking the first cuts before switching to 12/12 anyway. Not sure if I can give them 5 weeks but maybe if they stay short. Even if some don't make it the first try it will be good experience. Maybe I'll take the second cuts a couple weeks after the first and veg them another week or two after that. If the first cuts look good and are in soil by then I'll feel pretty safe.

I hope your weekend was good. I put some miles on a new to me bike that I traded one of my other bikes for. I don't own or like to ride choppers or anything with ape hangers. I ride fairly aggressively and like sport bikes with or without fairings and sport touring bikes for longer rides. The older I get the more I like the comfortable riding position of the sport touring bikes but they still have to perform when the road gets twisty. The bike I gave up is a pure hooligan bike and I'm getting a little old for that kind of thing. I was enjoying the outdoors so much yesterday that I didn't get to the update so time to work on that.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Time for another update and some pics of the babies. I watered yesterday morning and had a nice close look at them. They had last had water 4 days prior to that and are getting nice and dry between waterings. No sign of any bugs so far and after several frosts there shouldn't be many bugs outside to get in and mess with them. I'm guessing that there aren't ant bugs or eggs in my soil since it's been a few weeks and no sign of any crawlers or flyers.
The two older girls are starting to grow quickly now and I should be able to top them soon. I'm going to take cuts in a week or so and a couple more cuts in a few weeks right before switching to 12/12.
The plants look healthy and are doing well as far as I can tell. I still see a little leaf curl on a few leaves but I think the roots are starting to develop enough to support the above ground growth and that should clear up. Color is good and a nice green. Stems are getting thick and have no problem supporting themselves. I had to use some skewers to prop some of them up last grow but that haven't needed any support this time.
Just have to let them grow now. If they are ready I'll be topping them around the time of the next update. The node spacing looks nice and tight and they are already getting a lot of secondary growth at the lower nodes.
Here are a few pics.

Fiddynut

Looking very nice and healthy. Good job so far.
Thanks GG. They seem happy and healthy. I think they will stretch less keeping them close under the t5's than last time when I had them 24" below the 600w MH light. They seem to be loving the floro's. Looking forward to learning a lot on this grow.

Fiddynut

Welcome tleaf. Thanks for checking out my grow. I'm a newbie and this is just my second try but the first one went great and now I want to learn to clone and also to train the plants a bit. I love cannabis and want to learn how to grow like a pro. Fingers crossed I'm going to learn a lot on the next few grows.
Those are some nice looking trees in your photo albums!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
looks like we have a new friend around!
welcome tl,jr!
please feel free to comment or just post random words of encouragement!
f'nut is a cool guy and we can all learn through his expence!
this goes for you too GG, and anyone else who may be lurking
chime in and lets cheer our man fiddy on!

those chicas are looking great and will soon be ready to multiply
yeah you could take the first set of cuts and then wait a few weeks and take the second
as long as you give them at least a week or so to recover before flpping to flower you will be fine
their nodes are really tight and you may need to take an extra node off to get the cut end deep into the rr cube
lets see how they do and we can think about that later
another idea would be if that lower growth starts to stretching, cut those and try rooting that
in addition to lst on top, im a big fan of lolypopping the bases
it improves yields at the top and provides improved airflow
also,it makes it easier to check on any irrigation gear you may have and just looks neater

will def have to talk to him about the local laws re food trucks
thanks for helping me think this through and sharing what you know
even if it does not pan out i am enjoying learning new things

i hear you on comfort being top priority when you ride!
we are all getting older,man and our priorities grow too!
now its more about having fun and just enjoying the ride