• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    good call on teh salt and pepper
    i dont really think of that as a rubbing and will apply that about mid way through the cooking
    i ahev this garlic pepper i like to use too, but will apply that near the end otherwise the garlics taste will change
    its funny you mention food trucks because my nephew( who is more like a son to me) was talking about starting up one
    i told him to come down and we willt alk abotu it in person ( im really just trying to get the guy to visit)
    but i would totally help him out and invest in a food truck with him if tyhat is what he really wants to do
    he is a good cook
    ive never even heard of this blues hog sauce!
    i will hvae to look on amazon and see if i can score some!
    right on man!

yeah the whole five finger thing is just something i do
    i hvae no idea how others count their nodes, but i figure it dosent hurt to wait a little longer and err on the side of more growth
    if i was just pinching tops to limit growth it would be totally different, but wiht clones i want to make sure the plant is nice and string before taking my cuts

i think your light is positioned fine
    you have some good air flow going and the temps are about right, no?
    if so i tihnk 5-6" is fine.

yes, small roots need less food and water
    sometimes the leaf will curl because your nut mix to too hot
    maybe just give them a some plain water for a couple waterings and see if that helps
    /i reclicked on the last pics you posted and they look ok not like they were overfed
    (they would ahve a curl and burn at the tips)

im sure you are excited to get this rocket into space but at this point patience is the best thing you can do
    in no time at all you are going to have some good mother plants and a ton of clones!
    thats when the fun really begins!

oh and like led zepplin says, ramble on brother!
    i really like talking to you and enjoy our little visits!
    Good morning pop_rocks.
    Thumbs up on the garlic pepper. Salt and pepper may be the foundation of great seasoning but garlic used in the right proportion can turn good food into great food.

I was really surprised when I found out my buddy was starting a food truck. He knows his BBQ and has placed well at national competitions but it's a whole different thing serving the general public. He quit a good job to do it and that takes balls. He built the kitchen in his food truck and spent a lot of cash on it. There are a lot of certifications and permits and inspections so that you can be a mobile restaurant. I've herd that the restaurant business is one of the hardest to succeed at at least in this part of the country. Even if business is good in the summer I doubt their will be people standing around outside eating BBQ when it 5 deg out. I have a feeling that SoCal is a better location for a food truck than Milwaukee.
    Yep check out the blues hog if you get a chance. They have the original which is thick and very complex and the Tennessee red which is spicy and thiner and more vinegar based. If you mix 2/1 original/Tennessee red you have a sauce very similar to what people are winning BBQ competitions with. Both are very strong so go sparingly.

I think I was just getting a bit ahead of myself a bit and just need to let these girls grow a bit. I am seeing some 5 bladed leaves developing now and they are coming along just fine. I have a small desk fan blowing up onto the light which deflects the wind down onto the plants. Enough wind to move them a little but not to bend them over or anything. I have a 4" inline duct fan pulling air through the tent for air exchange. I'm not moving as much air through it as I am my flower tent but I think enough to change the air out every couple min. Temps are running around 69-71 lights off and 72-74 lights on so I think I'm ok with that. I'm keeping humidity at 50-55% but not sure how that will change as the weather changes. It may get hard to keep it that high once the very cold and dry winter air moves in. I'll be keeping an eye on it and maybe add a humidifier if need be. I have to keep my whole basement at the temp and humidity that I want since air is constantly exchanged into and out of tents so I don't think I can have separate humidity in veg and flower.
    I don't think I'm over feeding because I'm just using enough earth juice to bring the pH of my water down to 6.5. That ends up being about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per gallon. It's all organic and has an n-p-k of 2-1-1. I'm told it almost impossible to burn with this type of nute and especially at these low doses. I will give just water for a couple waterings before taking cuttings though.
    Speaking of cuttings I'm thinking of a strategy to take cuttings at the same time even though one of my plants is a week or so behind the other two. What I'm thinking is to top the #1 and #2 plants at the fifth node and not top the #3 which is behind. When the #1&2 have grown enough to take two tops off the #3 should be ready to take the one top off. This will give me les chance of error with the #3 but all my cuttings will be the same age and easer to deal with. If the cuttings don't do well I can take more just before I switch to 12/12 and hope they work. If I still have issues I can take more cuttings and they will have to reveg. I don't know if that makes sense but that's kind of the plan for now.

The baby's are settling in to a nice watering routine of every 3-31/2 days. They will need water tomorrow and I'll take some pics and put up an update. I'm enjoying our conversations too and learning a lot. I always look forward to your reply.
    I've been reading some threads about the upcoming bill to legalize rec in ca and it seems people are pretty divided about it. Sounds like a lot of people voting no because it is pretty restrictive. I can see both sides and will be watching close to see what happens.
    Piece out until next time.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    good call on teh salt and pepper
    i dont really think of that as a rubbing and will apply that about mid way through the cooking
    i ahev this garlic pepper i like to use too, but will apply that near the end otherwise the garlics taste will change
    its funny you mention food trucks because my nephew( who is more like a son to me) was talking about starting up one
    i told him to come down and we willt alk abotu it in person ( im really just trying to get the guy to visit)
    but i would totally help him out and invest in a food truck with him if tyhat is what he really wants to do
    he is a good cook
    ive never even heard of this blues hog sauce!
    i will hvae to look on amazon and see if i can score some!
    right on man!

yeah the whole five finger thing is just something i do
    i hvae no idea how others count their nodes, but i figure it dosent hurt to wait a little longer and err on the side of more growth
    if i was just pinching tops to limit growth it would be totally different, but wiht clones i want to make sure the plant is nice and string before taking my cuts

i think your light is positioned fine
    you have some good air flow going and the temps are about right, no?
    if so i tihnk 5-6" is fine.

yes, small roots need less food and water
    sometimes the leaf will curl because your nut mix to too hot
    maybe just give them a some plain water for a couple waterings and see if that helps
    /i reclicked on the last pics you posted and they look ok not like they were overfed
    (they would ahve a curl and burn at the tips)

im sure you are excited to get this rocket into space but at this point patience is the best thing you can do
    in no time at all you are going to have some good mother plants and a ton of clones!
    thats when the fun really begins!

oh and like led zepplin says, ramble on brother!
    i really like talking to you and enjoy our little visits!

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    i will hvae to drop by that pork thread
    it sounds like you have mad skills when it comes to your grill outs, yaahhhh
    im more of a meat and smoke kind of guy, i dont really rub my meat
    /heeey-oooo
    mrs chicky likes the sauces tho, so i try and make a few for dipping

depending on how soon you are taking your cuts, maybe hold off on the nutrients
    dont feed for at least a few days, i wait at least a week, before taking cuts
    they just take better
    at this point you will prob grow them out for at least two more weeks depending on how you count
    i like to start counting at five fingered leaves, but if your plants look good like yours do in the pics we can count that first three finger node as node #1

wait till after you top/take cuts to begin your fox farm
    i would even give them a few days to recover from the stress before givining them the plant food
    at least one watering, plainn water

/guess who is smoking a new batch of hash
    /sprry for the typos and rambling content
    Good morning pop_rocks.
    I struggled with inconsistent results with my BBQ for a long time before some friends showed me how they do it. One of them competes in kcbs competitions and now has a BBQ food truck. I use a lot of a commercial rub on my pork butts and a very light rub on my ribs. However I take a very different approach on my brisket. My secret brisket rub is 60/40 kosher salt/black pepper. I love how the brisket tastes with the simple seasoning and smoke. I've done ribs with just salt and pepper also and they are great I just have to modify from the way I do them when I use a rub. I also use sauce very lightly or not at all but like to have the option and I like to use blues hog sauce which has a very complex flavor.

I'm glad you reminded me that I need to hold off nutes before cloning. I think I'm getting excited and starting to rush things a bit. I think they will be fine with just the little bit of earth juice I use to lower pH. The earth juice is just earth warm castings and bird poop so more like a light tea that I water with. I think?.
    I didn't know you should wait until 5 fingered leaves to count nodes. I haven't heard that but it makes sense since the plant starts making them when it's happy and healthy. Again maybe I'm just getting in too much of a hurry and need to slow it down a bit. I'm excited to take the cuttings and get some experience with that but I shouldn't be rushing it. I'm sure I'll have a better chance if the plants are more healthy than if I'm trying to take cuts from immature plants as well.
    Thanks for slowing me back down and putting things in perspective.
    I think the girls are looking good as of this morning. A little leaf curl and the color is slightly pale green (not yellowing at all just not as dark a green). I think that is because the roots are small right now and having a hard time keeping up with the growth above ground. I have the t5's just a few 5-6 inches above the plants. Should I raise the light a little? I don't want to encourage them to stretch out. I'd say the nodes are stacking 1/4 inch apart right now maybe less.
    I think I was getting a little careless on this one. I got lazy and didn't keep a log for the first couple weeks. I started the new daily log last weekend. Time to slow down and start concentrating on what I'm doing. I'm really glad I'm doing this diary. It gives me a chance to get some perspective and as I wright things I see where I need to do a better job. Still a lot to learn for me.
    Congrats on the new batch of hash. I'm the one who should apologies for the typos and rambling.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    i will hvae to drop by that pork thread
    it sounds like you have mad skills when it comes to your grill outs, yaahhhh
    im more of a meat and smoke kind of guy, i dont really rub my meat
    /heeey-oooo
    mrs chicky likes the sauces tho, so i try and make a few for dipping

depending on how soon you are taking your cuts, maybe hold off on the nutrients
    dont feed for at least a few days, i wait at least a week, before taking cuts
    they just take better
    at this point you will prob grow them out for at least two more weeks depending on how you count
    i like to start counting at five fingered leaves, but if your plants look good like yours do in the pics we can count that first three finger node as node #1

wait till after you top/take cuts to begin your fox farm
    i would even give them a few days to recover from the stress before givining them the plant food
    at least one watering, plainn water

/guess who is smoking a new batch of hash
    /sprry for the typos and rambling content
    Last edited by pop_rocks; 10-20-2016, 02:57. Reason: HASH

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Quick update

Just a quick update the baby's are growing a lot and looking good. I am noticing a little leaf curl and I think it's from the dry environment. I remember my last girls doing that when they were very young as well. I've given 2 waterings with a little earth juice and they seem to be loving it. I may water tomorrow morning again and will probably continue with a light dose of ej. After that I will probably make the switch to fox farms nutes. If things go well I may be able to top by the end of the week at the fifth node. Once I top I will wait until I get two branches with 3 nodes ant take my first cuttings. I got cloning supplies last weekend so I should be ready when my girls are. The girls have more than doubled in size from Friday when I took the last pics to Tuesday when these pics were taken.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    rad!!
    pulled pork is a fav of mine and i love me some good beans!
    one of my favs is taking the bone for the pork and cooking that wiht a pot of beans (usually pinto or navy bean but lately we have been using the white beans)
    i could eat that alone with a crust of bread for days!
    do you add vinegar to your pork?
    i like the apple cider kind

yes, waiting until the 5th set is good
    i usually wait a little longer but then i cut it down at least three nodes from the top
    i leave the little leaves around the first from the top and then strip the stem down to where i plan on makeing the cut
    so im leaving one node bare and cutting across the third node if that makes sence

or you could just top the very tip and let the tops grow a little before taking the cuts from the two branches that are now growing

just some options to think about

is it starting to get cold there,man?
    we had our first day of real fall like weather yesterday and it was great!
    grey and a light drizzle, temps probably in the mid to high 60's
    im looking fore ward to the winter!
    Pulled pork thread up:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post7670761

I usually just use a heavy rub on the pulled pork I serve to friends and family. When prepping for a competition with friends I would inject with apple juice and apple cider vinegar along with some finally ground rub. We also trim the butt a lot more for more "bark" on the outside. It's more work and if you have the time and motivation it is a great way to go.
    I'm with you about some good beans and bread. I could eat that for days too.

I think I'll top at the fifth node and take 2 cuts from those when they get 3 nodes. I want to take at least two cuts since I may have a hard time getting them to root or I'll have 2 chances to screw it up anyway

Yes winter is on it's way and we had a couple cold days last week. It was almost 80 deg yesterday and should be around 70 next couple days but highs in the 50's by the end of the week. The trees have mostly changed colors and are dropping their leaves. That means raking leaves and cleaning gutters for me the next few weeks. Gotta get the yard and gutters free of leaves before things freeze up.

I always love the cool down after a hot summer. It feels fresh compared to stale hot summer. I bet 60's feels great in SoCal after a long summer. I'm really looking forward to the colder air for my growing environment.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    rad!!
    pulled pork is a fav of mine and i love me some good beans!
    one of my favs is taking the bone for the pork and cooking that wiht a pot of beans (usually pinto or navy bean but lately we have been using the white beans)
    i could eat that alone with a crust of bread for days!
    do you add vinegar to your pork?
    i like the apple cider kind

yes, waiting until the 5th set is good
    i usually wait a little longer but then i cut it down at least three nodes from the top
    i leave the little leaves around the first from the top and then strip the stem down to where i plan on makeing the cut
    so im leaving one node bare and cutting across the third node if that makes sence

or you could just top the very tip and let the tops grow a little before taking the cuts from the two branches that are now growing

just some options to think about

is it starting to get cold there,man?
    we had our first day of real fall like weather yesterday and it was great!
    grey and a light drizzle, temps probably in the mid to high 60's
    im looking fore ward to the winter!

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    very interesting!
    thanks for posting and i think i might look into that a little farther
    also temp plays a big part in how much moisture air can hold, and i think this would also have an effect on mold growth

plus like you said you have a certain enviroment you are growing in, i hvae my own
    what works in one set up may not translate to another
    but im sure you can find some neat ideas and fit them into your grow

ok i see the gal now!
    just a sprout
    keep an eye on that husk, she may need some help shedding it

looking good brother
    Good morning pop_rocks.
    I have had a busy weekend getting ready for winter, raking leaves and stuff like that. I got my shopping done at the grow shop and should be ready to go once the plants are. I got clonex rooting gel, rooter plugs, 2 trays (1 with drainage and 1 without), 3 domes ( a 2" a 4" and a 7"). I added a tower fan with hepa filter for the flower tent as well. They were out of superthrive so maybe I'll get that next time.

The 2 older girls are on their 3rd set of leaves and I was planing on topping at the 5th set I think. Is that ok if I'm planing on taking cuttings?
    The #3 is looking good and I did have to help it shed the husk. I gave it a couple days to do it by itself but it was on their pretty good.

I didn't have a lot of time to keep reading about VPD over the weekend but I bumped my dehuey up to 55% and we will see how that affects things. I'm also nit sure how having the filter inside the tent will help but it couldn't hurt. It may help trap some spores and may help with oder control as well. I'll post an update and more on the plants today sometime. I made a great BBQ pulled pork but this weekend and took a bunch of pics and some BBQ beans on the smoker too. I will be starting a thread in the Munchie mansion and do a tutorial of sorts.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    very interesting!
    thanks for posting and i think i might look into that a little farther
    also temp plays a big part in how much moisture air can hold, and i think this would also have an effect on mold growth

plus like you said you have a certain enviroment you are growing in, i hvae my own
    what works in one set up may not translate to another
    but im sure you can find some neat ideas and fit them into your grow

ok i see the gal now!
    just a sprout
    keep an eye on that husk, she may need some help shedding it

looking good brother

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    could you discribe this vpd to me?
    /...i.... am...... feeling....very......lazy

its not an acronym im familiar wiht
    its weird that you mention humidiyt, because once you mentioned being concerned about your RH getting into the 60s and because of where i live 60-70% rh is normal

yes, spot on about why you would want to use clones in a sea of green
    not only do you get unform growth but you are growing the most potent example of the strain you are running

its also easier to trim because you dont really have much larf to mull over
    you just take the top x" of plant and the rest goes to the hash pile

sorry if im missing something here but which pic is of the new gsc seedling?
    Vapour Pressure Deficit, or VPD, is the difference (deficit) between the amount of moisture in the air and how much moisture the air can hold when it is saturated. Once air becomes saturated water will condense out to form clouds, dew or films of water over leaves. It is this last instance that makes VPD important for greenhouse regulation. If a film of water forms on a plant leaf it becomes far more susceptible to rot. On the other hand, as the VPD increases the plant needs to draw more water from its roots. In the case of cuttings, the plant may dry out and die. For this reason the ideal range for VPD in a greenhouse is from 0.45 kPa to 1.25 kPa, ideally sitting at around 0.85 kPa. As a general rule, most plants grow well at VPDs of between 0.8 and 0.95 kPa [1] - copied from Wikipedia.

Originally Posted by Kcar
    Here is a simpler explanation

Humidity and Vapour Pressure Deficit (VPD)

For years Relative Humidity (RH) has been used as a measure of how much water vapour is present in the air and is probably still the preferred method used by experienced growers. In a greenhouse, the amount of water vapour present has a direct effect on a plants ability to transpire and hence grow.

Another measure called vapour pressure deficit (VPD) is also used to indicate humidity and is felt to be more directly related to a plants wellbeing. VPD combines the effects of both humidity AND temperature into one value and so gives a good indication of plant wellbeing without the need for the grower to do any mental arithmetic. VPD values run in the opposite way to RH values so when RH is high VPD is low.

If humidity is too low (i.e. high VPD), the stomata on the leaves tend to close in order to limit transpiration and prevent wilting. This closing of the stomata will also limit the rate of CO2 uptake and hence limit photosynthesis and consequently plant growth. Low humidity also reduces turgidity (water pressure within the plant cells) and this in turn also restricts growth. Blossom end rot in tomatoes and capsicum can also be attributed to low humidity (high VPD).

Conversely, if humidity is too high (i.e. low VPD) the stomata will fully open but even so the plants will be unable to evaporate enough water to carry minerals into the plant and so again, growth will be impeded and mineral deficiencies (particularly calcium) may occur. In addition, the plants may exhibit soft growth, fungal problems and mineral deficiency symptoms.

It is frequently stated that VPD more closely matches what the plant "feels" in relation to temperature and humidity and therefore forms a better basis for environment control. Unfortunately, VPD is extremely difficult to determine accurately as it is necessary to know the leaf tissue temperature. Attempts to measure leaf temperature reliably on an ongoing basis have often ended in disaster. One of the problems is that the plants leaves are in differing amounts of sun with some leaves in full sun, some in partial sun and others in full shade. This makes the concept of "leaf tissue temperature" particularly complex.

By measuring the temperature and relative humidity within the crop canopy the calculated VPD is still a useful measure as it combines both temperature and humidity into a single measure in a way that approximates the well-being of the crop. As an example, for many crops it is suggested that RH should be kept between the following limits at the stated temperatures:-

Temperature oC Min RH (apply fogging) Ideal RH Max RH (for disease prevention)
    15 - 50 73
    20 46 64 80
    25 60 73 86
    30 70 80 89

You can see from the table that the higher the temperature is the more humidity is required by the plants. The above makes it difficult to specify control parameters as different RH settings are required at different temperatures.

Now look how much simpler this is made by using VPD as the whole of the above table is contained in just three VPD values as follows
    Maximum VPD (too hot and dry - apply fogging) VPD ideal

VPD too low (too cool and humid -warm/ dehumidify)
    1.25 0.85 0.45

AutoVent 2 and 3 environment controllers estimate the VPD based on the air temperature and humidity in the crop canopy. It will only be close to the true figure for a healthy transpiring crop. The VPD calculator below allows the VPD to be estimated based on both air and leaf temperatures. This clearly shows the possible error in VPD due to just a 1 deg C difference between air and leaf temperature.

As a general rule, most plants grow well at VPDs of between 0.8 to 0.95 KPa

Fogging or other humdification is usually applied at VPDs above 1.25KPa and heating and dehumidification at VPDs below 0.45KPa

The above is from a thread on icmag - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=331510

There are quite a few threads on icmag about this and many growers swear by it. At the same time I've herd that it works well on the west coast but not as well in the Midwest whare there is more mold spores floating around. Some say you need to seal the room up and use hepa filters to get humidity this high without mould issue. I grow in the basement of a 60 year old house and creating a sealed room with filtered air is not really an option.

So I'm wondering if ideal VPD is just a way to optimize growth or if it has a general effect on plant health and if I should try to get my humidity up a bit. I don't want to make big changes over last grow because I'd hate to loose a whole harvest to mold or something. I'm sure if I keep reading the answers will be their.

The GSC seedling is nearly visible in the group photo but here is a better one.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    could you discribe this vpd to me?
    /...i.... am...... feeling....very......lazy

its not an acronym im familiar wiht
    its weird that you mention humidiyt, because once you mentioned being concerned about your RH getting into the 60s and because of where i live 60-70% rh is normal

yes, spot on about why you would want to use clones in a sea of green
    not only do you get unform growth but you are growing the most potent example of the strain you are running

its also easier to trim because you dont really have much larf to mull over
    you just take the top x" of plant and the rest goes to the hash pile

sorry if im missing something here but which pic is of the new gsc seedling?

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Update and pics

Time for an update and the baby's are looking good. I'm not sure if it was the earth juice or what but they have been growing a bunch and doubled in width in the last 2 days. The ej shouldn't be too strong for them with an npk of 2-1-1. I used 1/16 tsp in 3 cups water so I'm keeping it light for the 10 day old seedlings. I'll probably use it the next couple waterings but soon I'll have to start using the synthetic stuff to get them use to it. Still not sure what dosage to give them but I'll start with 1/2 or 1/4 recommended dose and work up from there.

Good news for my GSC sprout as well. It's up and the stem looks thick and healthy. It hadn't shed it's hull yet as of this morning but I'm sure it will soon. It will be interesting to see if it catches up with the 2 Larry OG seedlings that are about 6 or 7 days ahead of it. I may top the Larry's twice and the GSC only once if it still needs to catch up towards the end of veg.

On my to do list is to get to grow shop and get cloning supplies, superthrive, makos, and sticky traps. I also want to read more about VPD and plant health. Other than that not much to do but watch these baby's grow and give them love.

Here are a couple pics.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    yes, its called sea of green!
    one of the first indoor grows i ever saw that impressed me was tihs sweet carpet of 18" tall plants, each one like a bottle brush of bud
    no side branching just fat tops
    you would want to use the samller pot so you can pack them in tihgter and we would hvae to figure out a watering scheme that would work for you
    /maybe something automated with drip lines, but that is for a later conversation

first we want to get your plants happy and growing so we can see what is what
    ill keep my fingers crossed for your gsc, but sometimes seed just dosent pop
    we could always work with the larry tho
    what we want is to start taking some cuts and then figure out which will be the best

you nailed it wiht the fat next to the bone comment!
    not only does the bone add something to the meat but my dog will sit on the porch for an hour gnawing on them
    its like getting a treat for both of us!
    Good morning pop_rocks.
    I'd be down to try sea of green sometime for sure. I would bet it works best with cuttings from the same plant so they grow the same hight and you can get the canopy even and keep it that way as they grow.

I think my plants are looking good and I'm pretty sure my GSC sprout is going to make it. I'll tell more about plant status in an update next.

I've been reading about VPD in a few threads on icmag. Not sure if you believe in the charts or not but I have a very low humidity for the temps I'm at. I'm pretty sure that trying to get my humidity up into the 70% range would be bad in my environment. I guess that I'm reading that optimal VPD increases the growth rate but I'm not sure how it affects stress and health of plants. I don't want mold so I keep humidity low and that seemed to work out last time. Maybe I'll dial up me dehuey up 5% and see what that does for me. I'll have to read a bit more before I make any big changes. With the change of season my temps are around 69 deg lights off and 73 deg lights on.

I'll be going to the hydro shop this weekend and getting a humidity dome, some rooter plugs, and rooting gel. I also will get superthrive since I've herd such good things about that stuff. I'm also thinking about getting mykos because I'm hearing that it is very beneficial for roots. I also need sticky cards in case I get any bugs again that should trap,one so I can get a close look at them and decide on the best way to deal with them.

That's great that you share your steak bone with your furry friend. I bet she loves that special treat. I made a nice ny strip steak for dinner last night with a giant potato and some nice locally grown veggies. Simple and delicious. I couldn't help but post it in the food porn thread.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    yes, its called sea of green!
    one of the first indoor grows i ever saw that impressed me was tihs sweet carpet of 18" tall plants, each one like a bottle brush of bud
    no side branching just fat tops
    you would want to use the samller pot so you can pack them in tihgter and we would hvae to figure out a watering scheme that would work for you
    /maybe something automated with drip lines, but that is for a later conversation

first we want to get your plants happy and growing so we can see what is what
    ill keep my fingers crossed for your gsc, but sometimes seed just dosent pop
    we could always work with the larry tho
    what we want is to start taking some cuts and then figure out which will be the best

you nailed it wiht the fat next to the bone comment!
    not only does the bone add something to the meat but my dog will sit on the porch for an hour gnawing on them
    its like getting a treat for both of us!

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Quick update

Just a quick update tonight. The baby's were thirsty tonight so a little water for them. I pH'd the water with a very little bit of earth juice. Since I'm not using the earth juice as a nute on this grow at least I can use it to lower my pH. This bottle is so acidic it seems like it's as good as pH down and takes very little to get my water to low to mid 6's. My two Larry's are looking good. I'm trying to sprout a third seed but it has not popped up yet. Kind of boring so far and not much to do but watch them until they need water next time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X