Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiddynut's second run - Larry OG

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
    Good looking girls fiddy
    Is that week 4?
    Why the flush? They look healthy.
    Rodehazrd
    Good evening Rodehazrd.
    Yep girls seem happy. I'm at the end of week 4 and fox farms recommends a mid flower flush to remove any salt build up. Might not be needed but I've been using the salt based nutes and want to be extra carful to avoid issues. I'm still learning how to use these nutes and I want to be extra carful not to have any problems that might mess me up late in flower. Another member (Jedi) recommended the week 4 flush and said he does it to help with buildup and he said the final flush works better if you do a mid way flush as well. Looking at his posts and albums his plants are absolutely beautiful so it can't hurt mine. Going to flush them in the shower tonight so I'll get some more pics and do an update as soon as I can. I have a busy day tomorrow so I'll get the update done as soon as I have time.
    Have a great Christmas weekend and I hope all is well...Fiddy.
    Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
    Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
    Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
    Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

    Comment


      Originally posted by Badfishy1 View Post
      Will pull a seat up to watch this!
      Welcome Badfishy1.
      Thanks for checking out my grow.
      Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
      Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
      Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
      Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

      Comment


        Originally posted by Fiddynut View Post
        Good evening Rodehazrd.
        Yep girls seem happy. I'm at the end of week 4 and fox farms recommends a mid flower flush to remove any salt build up. Might not be needed but I've been using the salt based nutes and want to be extra carful to avoid issues. I'm still learning how to use these nutes and I want to be extra carful not to have any problems that might mess me up late in flower. Another member (Jedi) recommended the week 4 flush and said he does it to help with buildup and he said the final flush works better if you do a mid way flush as well. Looking at his posts and albums his plants are absolutely beautiful so it can't hurt mine. Going to flush them in the shower tonight so I'll get some more pics and do an update as soon as I can. I have a busy day tomorrow so I'll get the update done as soon as I have time.
        Have a great Christmas weekend and I hope all is well...Fiddy.
        I've been using the Tiger Bloom and occasionally the MaxiBloom still. I have been doing every other round water then nutrients. I have had zero problems. Of the two plants, I've probably cut 2 yellowing leaves from them. It IS worth noting however, that I am an aggressive pruner. Also, some of the nutrient uptake and availability is strain dependent. Just something else to keep in mind.

        Cheers!
        Tri_Cho_Me
        sigpic

        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=335174 Second Grow / No-Till / Sour Diesel

        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331706 Current/First Grow - Strawberry Kush

        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333484 My No-Till Adventure

        Comment


          good points tri_cho_me
          i too alternate feedings with plain water
          i tend to use less than the suggested amounts of plant food when watering too

          i also agree that different plants handle feedings differently
          some are heavy feeders while others like a lighter diet
          just kind of go by what your plants tell you

          dont be too surprised if your packers find themselves in the mix
          esp if they can get to 10 wins
          there are two wild cards spots and i would not be surprised to see the pack nab one of them

          hope all your holiday is off to a great start, guys
          tri comb me, rhodehazard, tleaf and all the others who ahve made this thread so much fun!
          and esp you f-nut

          Comment


            Happy Christmas Yall
            Wishing everyone a healthy happy season of growing.
            Rodehazrd
            Kindness is Not Canceled

            Comment


              Originally posted by Tri_Cho_Me View Post
              I've been using the Tiger Bloom and occasionally the MaxiBloom still. I have been doing every other round water then nutrients. I have had zero problems. Of the two plants, I've probably cut 2 yellowing leaves from them. It IS worth noting however, that I am an aggressive pruner. Also, some of the nutrient uptake and availability is strain dependent. Just something else to keep in mind.

              Cheers!
              Tri_Cho_Me
              Good morning Tri_Cho_Me.
              Your plants look great. You have been doing a great job of feeding them. Epic first grow you have going there. I didn't do a lot of feeding in veg but have been giving them good feedings for a few weeks now. Starting with 1/4-1/2 strength and increasing slowly to almost full strength and my girls seem to be loving it. I've got some yellow leaves but all bottom stuff that I should have lolly popped off anyway. I'm going to start incorporating some budswel teas to hopefully enhance flavor now that I'm half way through flower.

              I hope your Holliday was great and are ending 2016 in good health and spirits...Fiddy
              Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
              Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
              Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
              Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

              Comment


                Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                good points tri_cho_me
                i too alternate feedings with plain water
                i tend to use less than the suggested amounts of plant food when watering too

                i also agree that different plants handle feedings differently
                some are heavy feeders while others like a lighter diet
                just kind of go by what your plants tell you

                dont be too surprised if your packers find themselves in the mix
                esp if they can get to 10 wins
                there are two wild cards spots and i would not be surprised to see the pack nab one of them

                hope all your holiday is off to a great start, guys
                tri comb me, rhodehazard, tleaf and all the others who ahve made this thread so much fun!
                and esp you f-nut
                Good morning pop_rocks.

                I've been doing feed every other water except when I was watering every two days and then feed every third water. I think these plants are heavier feeders than my first ones. I think I'll start using the budswel in the water and alternate feed with tiger bloom.

                Yep it looks like the pack will have a good shot at the NFC north and have been playing much better the last month. Maybe they are hot at the right time.

                I hope your Holliday was great and lots of good food was eaten. How did the misses like the bread maker? Any bike rides over the long weekend? I got a motorcycle ride in on Xmas day, it was 35 deg and raining but far better conditions than we've had for a couple weeks so I just had to get back on the bike. I hope you and your family are doing well and ending 2016 on a high note.
                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
                  Happy Christmas Yall
                  Wishing everyone a healthy happy season of growing.
                  Rodehazrd
                  Happy Christmas to you as well Rodehazrd.
                  I hope your Holliday was great and you got everything you asked Santa for I hope your ending 2016 happy and healthy...Fiddy
                  Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                  Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                  Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                  Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                  Comment


                    Delayed update

                    Good day everyone. I hope everyone's Holliday weekend went well. I've been very busy and am just getting to Friday nights update now. I was up late flushing the plants and was also preparing my home for guests. I spent Saturday cooking for and hosting 17 family and friends. Sunday was spent out and about seeing family and friends as well. Today I am busy as well and still need to clean up from Saturdays party.

                    I flushed 3 gallons of water through each of the plants Friday night which is about 5 times as much water as they normally get. Luckily I have a shower that we don't use near the tents. That made it a fairly easy and clean experience. This is just a mid flower flush to eliminate any salt buildup and help make the final flush more effective. The lady's seemed to like the flush and have been super happy. I did put 1/3 strength nutes in the water that I used to flush them with.

                    Putting the plants in the shower gave me an opportunity to get a couple individual pics of them. Not the best lighting in there but better than anywhere else in my basement.
                    Larry1

                    Larry2

                    GS


                    The plants are really packing on the buds now. Here is a couple pics from the other night.


                    I hope everyone is well and you are all ending the year feeling good about what 2016 has had in store for you. I am grateful for all of you and all of the icmag members who's posts have helped me do something great this year. In 2016 I grew and harvested my first plants and that was an accomplishment I'm very proud of. My first grow was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Pop_rocks helped me out with wisdom and kept me from doing anything stupid. Thanks again pop, not sure there would have been a successful first grow without you bud. Now in 2016 I've completed my first grow, got 2/3 through my second, taken cuttings and gotten them to root, and now have 12 seedlings going. Looks like 2017 is going to be a green year folks. I hope all of our grows go great in the new year...Fiddy.
                    Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                    Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                    Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                    Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                    Comment


                      she loved it!
                      plus i got the meat grinder i wanted!
                      its a hnd cranked one, but i figured i would start out slow and just get my feet wet
                      i am planning on heading out ot the store this week and picking up some meats and start this adventure!
                      so what would be some good recipies for a beginner to start with?
                      we have been having some really good rains this past week or so so we havent been able to get out in the dirt so far
                      we rode around the local reservoir the other day but that was just turning the legs
                      the past couple days have been really nice so hopefully tomorrow is dry enough to ride

                      looking frosty man!
                      i really like the structure on those larrys
                      how is the smell?

                      im glad i could be along for the ride, fiddy!
                      you have come a long way as a grower, brother
                      think of all the things you have done in the last year
                      its been a pleasure watching you learn and grow!

                      Comment


                        Hey there and happy Holidays to all
                        Those girls look nice fiddy with another month to go they are going to be huge nugs. May be time to foliar feed.
                        We have a lot of changes here 77 yesterday. That's crazy.
                        I gave Ms. Hazard a PAX2 vape and she lovesit. I got the 50 quart Yeti I've been drooling.over.
                        Someone came in from Co. With some homemade blue dream wax. I think I'm gonna need a blast tube. I'm turning into a dabber.
                        The flavor really comes through which was a surprise. I'm thinking haze wax would be extra sweet.
                        Well look winter came back I'm off to the woodshed.
                        Rodehazrd
                        Kindness is Not Canceled

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                          she loved it!
                          plus i got the meat grinder i wanted!
                          its a hnd cranked one, but i figured i would start out slow and just get my feet wet
                          i am planning on heading out ot the store this week and picking up some meats and start this adventure!
                          so what would be some good recipies for a beginner to start with?
                          we have been having some really good rains this past week or so so we havent been able to get out in the dirt so far
                          we rode around the local reservoir the other day but that was just turning the legs
                          the past couple days have been really nice so hopefully tomorrow is dry enough to ride

                          looking frosty man!
                          i really like the structure on those larrys
                          how is the smell?

                          im glad i could be along for the ride, fiddy!
                          you have come a long way as a grower, brother
                          think of all the things you have done in the last year
                          its been a pleasure watching you learn and grow!
                          Good afternoon pop_rocks.
                          That's great everyone got what they wanted from Santa. Defiantly nothing wrong with a hand crank grinder. You will want a place to clamp it down when cranking. You can use some c-clamps if you meet to.
                          I recommend grinding some beef for burgers or meat loaf for something easy to start with. A good fat ratio is 80/20 with the 20% being fat. If you pick up some beef chuck roast that has a nice amount of fat on the outside it will be about 80/20. You want to keep everything as cold as possible. Cut the meat into chunks big enough to fit into grinder then put the chunks into the freezer and get really cold but not frozen solid. A little frosty on the outside is ok but just get it really cold. If your grinder fits into freezer you can chill that too. Grind the meat into mixing bowl that is frozen or a bowl within a bowl of ice. Keep everything cold for texture and food safety. I like a corse grind (plate with bigger holes) but you can experiment and see what you like. Then make some burgers or meatloaf or meatballs or whatever. Once you get the hang of using your grinder you can experiment with different meats and start making sausage party's. When you get a stuffer then you can make links.

                          Too bad the rain is keeping you from riding but getting the legs going(and heart beating) is still good.

                          I love the way the Larry's are growing and while they are getting frosty they don't stink as much as the last plants. One possible reason is that I have a hepa filter in the tent this time in addition to the carbon filter on the tents exhaust. Another reason may be that I'm more use to how they smell now and don't notice it as much. I've been resisting the temptation to molest my plants with a lot of stem rubbing and what not. In a couple weeks I will pick a few bottom buds and do some sampling and get a good taste of them. Looking forward to that because I'll know then if I want to keep the cuttings I took for mothers.

                          It may be 25 years late but at least I finally got my grow on in 2016. I wish I'd have done this a long time ago but at least it's happening now. Thanks for all the good advise and nice chill attitude. I appreciate the kind words....Fiddy.
                          Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                          Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                          Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                          Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
                            Hey there and happy Holidays to all
                            Those girls look nice fiddy with another month to go they are going to be huge nugs. May be time to foliar feed.
                            We have a lot of changes here 77 yesterday. That's crazy.
                            I gave Ms. Hazard a PAX2 vape and she lovesit. I got the 50 quart Yeti I've been drooling.over.
                            Someone came in from Co. With some homemade blue dream wax. I think I'm gonna need a blast tube. I'm turning into a dabber.
                            The flavor really comes through which was a surprise. I'm thinking haze wax would be extra sweet.
                            Well look winter came back I'm off to the woodshed.
                            Rodehazrd
                            Good morning Rodehazrd.
                            Yep the girls are packing on the weight now. Even since the pics were taken they are really getting fat.
                            Can I foliar feed with tiger bloom? I haven't had time to read up on foliar feeding due to work and holidays being super busy. Just spray the leaves and not the buds right? I'll try to do some reading on it after work today. Probably have to water tonight also.

                            Crazy weather here too. It never made it to 0 degrees a couple days last week and then it was like 50 yesterday and back to a high of 25 today. The melting over the weekend helped my humidity though so that's good. It was a white Christmas here but most of the snow melted Sunday night into Monday we got 1/2 inch of rain.

                            Is the PAX2 a portable pen or a house vape. I have been using mister pens but they changed their cartridges and don't work as good with my wax anymore and I'm always looking for a better pen. I've heard great things about those yeti's. Glad everyone got what they wanted from Santa.

                            Nothing wrong with dabs. I survived on dabs for a couple years because I could get better tasting wax that buds for a long time. Since my harvest I've been smoking mostly flower but love my dabs and vape pen especially when out in public. Get a tube but do your blasting outside so you don't blow up your house. Also you need really clean butane or it wilt aste like the contaminant in the butane. You should be able to find some butane comparisons and recommendations on icmag or google. Then you need to use heat or a vac chamber to purge. Lots of YouTube vids on purging. Good luck it's worth doing. Like you said the flavor can be amazing like weed without the burning leave taste. I'm a dabaholic.

                            Keep that fire stoked and them girls happy....Fiddy.
                            Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                            Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                            Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                            Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                            Comment


                              @rhodehazard
                              that sounds like a cool gift and would like to hear about it
                              can you use dry flower or does it only take cartridges
                              i would like a nice hand held vape pen too, but want one that i can smoke flower out of
                              keep us posted on how she likes it

                              thanks for the information fiddy!
                              i have some ideas and am heading out today to get some meat to grind
                              i thnk i will cut it up and then freeze it and get cranking prob this friday
                              still havent rode the trails
                              yesterday we rode a lower trail around the reservoir and it was really muddy and wet
                              it was nice out so it was fun to just ride but it looks like more rain is coming so we might not get to ride our regular trails again until next year

                              thats interesting about the smell
                              it sounds like you are really scrubbing the air and i bet the cold temps may play a part too
                              but you can see the glands progressing so the stank is there!

                              keep up the good work,man!
                              the girls look great
                              Last edited by pop_rocks; 12-28-2016, 20:08. Reason: moving words around

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                                @rhodehazard
                                that sounds like a cool gift and would like to hear about it
                                can you use dry flower or does it only take cartridges
                                i would like a nice hand held vape pen too, but want one that i can smoke flower out of
                                keep us posted on how she likes it

                                thanks for the information fiddy!
                                i have some ideas and am heading out today to get some meat to grind
                                i thnk i will cut it up and then freeze it and get cranking prob this friday
                                still havent rode the trails
                                yesterday we rode a lower trail around the reservoir and it was really muddy and wet
                                it was nice out so it was fun to just ride but it looks like more rain is coming so we might not get to ride our regular trails again until next year

                                thats interesting about the smell
                                it sounds like you are really scrubbing the air and i bet the cold temps may play a part too
                                but you can see the glands progressing so the stank is there!

                                keep up the good work,man!
                                the girls look great
                                Good afternoon pop_rocks.
                                My dad uses the myster pen I gave him for flower. He says it works ok but is hard to clean. I've had such a hard time finding any good reviews I can trust on vape pens. My brother and I have tried several and most don't work well. That's kind of always been the case with these pens as far as I can remember. The myster was the first one I tried that worked well and was easy to clean and load (wax). They changed their coil design and they don't work as well as they use to. I do know some of the pens are marketed as being for dry herb. I've even searched the icmag forums to see what people are using but haven't found much.

                                For grinding I recommend cutting the meat into chunks and put in zip lock in fridge. Then about an hour before you are going to grind put in freezer to firm up and get cold but don't freeze solid. You just want it really cold not frozen. When you freeze meat the ice crystals pierce the cell walls and that causes loss of moisture. Just get everything nice and cold and work quickly and you will be in good shape.

                                Stupid rain is messing with your riding it sounds like but at least you can get out a little bit and get the blood pumping a bit. I wonder if a fat tire bike would be better for riding in the mud? I'm sure the sun will be back soon.

                                I was getting a little worried about lack of aroma from the plants until last night my bro came over and when we opened the tent he said he thinks they are more stinky than last time. I think I'm just use to it now and don't notice it much. I watered this morning and got a couple bud shots I'll throw up. Going to transplant the 12 auto seedlings I have going tonight so that should keep me busy. The clones want to get transplanted too but I'll have to wait until I identify and get rid of the male autos. The veg tent is going to be packed full once this transplant is done.

                                Glad to here things are going well for you. Have fun grinding and feel free to experiment with textures a bit and see what you like. Peace....Fiddy.
                                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X