• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    mornin fellas'

hope you guys are keeping warm and having a great weekend
    we got a ton of rain the past couple days
    it dosent look like we will be able to hit the trails for the next couple days but this looks like a good weekend of football.
    plus mrs chicky has a cold so we will be enjoying hot soup and smoke ( i have some gummies for her)
    she gets kind of restless when we dont ride but i tell her its my off season so i dont mind not riding every now and then
    plus im pretty high off this new stuff a friend had given me over the summer (i called the beans mrGibbs)

i bet part of your lack of stretch is from it being so cold
    warm temps tend to make plants run long while colder temps make for a more compact profile
    while it does slow growth, i tihnk temps in the mid-60's are fine, esp at night
    you might get a lighter yield but i think the flavors change and colder temps often bring out some really nice colors

@rhodehazard
    i really like your idea of raising your plants off the concrete floor
    cement really saps heat and even placing them on a styrofoam pad will give them a little it more insulation
    one trick i used to use outdoors when the temps got chilly was to heat up containers of water in the sun and move them under them covered plants at night
    i guess you have to have sun for this to work but one thing that might work is to heat up like a bunch of bricks or rocks by the fire and move them into your grow
    a lot of work for a little passive heat but it might help
    maybe place the containers on a heated cinder block to help warm the roots
    i wonder if slightly warm water at the root level would help?
    like if you heated some water to like65', would you see noticable growth difference?
    it would def help the micorbial activity as tehy tend to really slow down once it gets below a certain temp

just playing with some ideas that might help you guys in your winter wonderlands
    Good morning pop_rocks.
    I'm staying warm by keeping really busy at work this week. The snow and cold have really boosted the snowmobile sales and there is plenty of sleds to get ready for people. I don't usually work on sleds but since it is so busy I'm glad to pitch in and lend a hand. If it keeps snowing like this I may even do some snowmobiling this year. I'd rather be on a motorcycle but it's just too icy on the streets for that.
    That's too bad you guys are rained out of riding for a while but like you said you have football to keep you occupied. Maybe a couple days for the misses to get over her cold is just what the doctor ordered anyway, and of course some edibles.
    Congratulations on finding your new strain (mrGibbs). I am looking forward to harvest and getting some new flavors myself. If it all works out I'll be harvesting in about a month and then I should have my 3 auto strains to harvest about a month after that. That should give me at least 5 flavors in the next 60 days or so.
    I wonder if it's cold enough to get some purple colors in the buds this time. It's usually about 69-72 deg lights off in the tent. I have hydronic heat so the basement stays nice and warm in the winter but the cold dry air outside sucks all the moisture out of my house.
    I'll be looking at humidifiers tonight and we will see how much that helps"
    Thanks for the ideas on keeping the plants warm and happy.
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the football games...Fiddy.
    Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
    Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
    Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
    Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on temp guys. It always helps to have another view.
      I definitely saw a lot of color last year. So cold temp does turn headband purple.
      The warm water is good I used it on my babies and they liked it I try to get the water warm for bigger girls too
      but don't always.
      I'm up off the floor now on benches and buckets and blowing down and under with a vent fan. I think I'm good to go for now. root temp is above 60 I'm aiming for 65. That 11' high ceiling helped in summer I never ran ac, but now it's a lot of extra air to heat.
      I'm thinking of some kind of heated notill container for future use 30 gal tubs with a heat pad under, or build a tray of plywood and iceshield. I need something of a project, there's freezing rain now so driving is right out for a few days I'm too old for unnecessary hassle of wrecking my car.
      Time for my pipe and a little Woodford single barrel.

Rodehazrd
      Kindness is Not Canceled

Comment

Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
        Yes it's cold but compared to what is there a normal anymore I'm at 13 degrees tomorrow's high 56. Interesting times!!! EEK
        Rodehazrd
        Your right Rodehazrd.
        The new normal is abnormal for sure. We have been one of the few parts of the map bucking the warming trend. The last three summers have been below average temps and have been actually cooler than average while it seems almost everyone else is above average.

Comment

Update and pics

So I promised a weekend update and I've been too busy until now to do one. Very busy at work and 2 snow storms to clean up from over the weekend. I hope things slow down a bit before the Holliday this weekend.

The lady's are looking good and seem happy. The stretch is over and just in time as I was quickly running out of room. I'll get some measurements next update on the girls. I've read that you can predict harvest date by watching the stretch closely. I think I read that they stretch for 40% of their bloom time. So using that formula if they stretch for 4 weeks you have another 6 weeks of bloom to go. Mine stretched for about 3.5 weeks and I'm guessing they will be done in another 5 weeks or so. I'll keep track and see if this holds true.

I think I promised to get some individual pics and measurements but I was having a hard tome getting any good pics of them. They are getting so tall and bushy that moving them is becoming a lot of work. I could see myself accidentally braking some branches off if not very carful. They are so tall I couldn't get any good individual shots of them but I got a couple group shots. I'll try to get better pics next time.

I will have to tie them to the bamboo supports soon and I'm going to flush after the next feeding. I've been using fairly high doses of salt based nutes for a couple weeks now and don't want any lockouts or salt buildup at the roots.
          Here are a couple pics of them from the last watering.

The buds are starting to bulk up and stack. Not getting a lot of smell out of them yet but I think they will be getting stinky soon. Starting to see some trichome development and I'm hoping things get frosty in the next couple weeks.

On a side note I've got a new thread going on the autos I started last week. All 12 seeds I planted have sprouted and broken ground and are looking great. I'm looking for a nice quick grow on these autos and they should add some variety to the mix. I've included a link to the new thread in my signature.
          Thanks for stoping by and I hope everyone is doing well in these last couple weeks of 2016....Fiddy.

Comment

whats a sled? does it have a motor?
            /like i know about teh ones made of wood with metal runners and tabogones, but i dont tihnk this is what you mean

a snow mobile would be awsome fun!
            almost like riding a dirt bike i imagine and a good way to get out and enjoy the back country

i really enjoyed watching the games this weekend but it was announced ( about as oficalaly as you can get right now) that the chargers are moving to LA
            my gut feeling was this was the case but we heard during the raiders game that its all but a done deal
            kind of the end of an era for me, having grown up in san diego
            ive sat through a lot of seasons of good and bad football, but the chargers were my team
            its still up in the air if we get a new team here in san diego any time soon (rumor has it the raiders will be moving in)
            all i know for sure is f-dean spanos
            hes a cheapskate fool and has no idea how to run a professional team or even act like a decent person for that matter
            /sorry for the rant guys

i like your idea of a self heated grow container, rhodehazard!
            lets figure this one out and we could all become rich!

the girls are looking really nice fiddy!
            which ones are the two trees in the back?!?
            they look like they are really testing your ceiling
            the tent looks packed and i can see why its hard to get some pics (the ones you posted look great btw)
            ive never heard that about the stretch corresponding with the overall flower but it totally makes sence

that is cool you are running some autos too!
            this is something i am very interested in and ive heard some good things about the new generations of auto flowering plants

ill be sure to stop by sometime soon!
            Last edited by pop_rocks; 12-20-2016, 03:13. Reason: #fdeanspanos

Comment

Morning guys.
              Pop sorry you are losing the team. It's all about who will build a new stadium now a days. No loyalty to the fans.
              Fiddy I've grown several autos I got as free perks and they were mostly good the veg time is so short any small issue really matters. Regs you can just recover and grow it out autos don't forgive. The go right on to flower ready or not.
              I put the diesel girls in my new notill tub last night. I am amazed at the vigorous growth of the desert diesel.twice as big as any thing else started at the same time. I getting them in flower very early because they are going to be monstrous. I hope we like it the og diesel crosses sure are nice.
              Fiddy did you use any foliar feeds?
              Sounds like the Larry takes a good feeding. Did you go past half strength on the bloom nutes?
              Peace
              Rodehazrd
              Kindness is Not Canceled

Comment

whats a sled? does it have a motor?
                /like i know about teh ones made of wood with metal runners and tabogones, but i dont tihnk this is what you mean

a snow mobile would be awsome fun!
                almost like riding a dirt bike i imagine and a good way to get out and enjoy the back country

i really enjoyed watching the games this weekend but it was announced ( about as oficalaly as you can get right now) that the chargers are moving to LA
                my gut feeling was this was the case but we heard during the raiders game that its all but a done deal
                kind of the end of an era for me, having grown up in san diego
                ive sat through a lot of seasons of good and bad football, but the chargers were my team
                its still up in the air if we get a new team here in san diego any time soon (rumor has it the raiders will be moving in)
                all i know for sure is f-dean spanos
                hes a cheapskate fool and has no idea how to run a professional team or even act like a decent person for that matter
                /sorry for the rant guys

i like your idea of a self heated grow container, rhodehazard!
                lets figure this one out and we could all become rich!

the girls are looking really nice fiddy!
                which ones are the two trees in the back?!?
                they look like they are really testing your ceiling
                the tent looks packed and i can see why its hard to get some pics (the ones you posted look great btw)
                ive never heard that about the stretch corresponding with the overall flower but it totally makes sence

that is cool you are running some autos too!
                this is something i am very interested in and ive heard some good things about the new generations of auto flowering plants

ill be sure to stop by sometime soon!
                Good evening pop_rocks.
                As you guessed a sled is a snowmobile. They are fun to ride but no fun to work on and to move around. Also impossible to test ride during much of the year which makes fixing them difficult. Even when it's cold there often isn't enough snow to ride them around here.
                You are right that the backcountry is the right place to ride them. Around here people ride the trails and frozen lakes and rivers. Many people get killed on them hitting trees at 100+ mph or going through thin ice on rivers. If I lived in the mountains I'd own one for sure.

Too bad the chargers are moving. Like Rodehazrd said it's all about the money and brand new billion dollar stadiums today. If a city of 50,000 like Green Bay can support a team than there's no reason SD can't. Just stupid. There's no decency left in the NFL. If the readers move will you start dressing up like a pirate for the games. I remember when I lived in Oakland how crazy some of the fans were and when they started burning cars in 01'or 02' after the playoff loss.

Girls are going to need a feeding tonight and I'll do an update in the morning. The one in back is the Girl Scout. She really got tall but I have her kind of behind the light and am not seeing any light or heat stress on her. I'm going to zip tie the light up to the top tonight and that will get me another 3-4 inches of space. Going to try and get some individual pics tonight as well.

I hope the 40/60 rule of stretch/flower is accurate too. It will make it easer to plan on finishing time. I'm keeping track so we will see how it works out.

I'm stoked about the autos too. They should finish quick like 60 days from sprout to done and that will give me some different flavors come harvest. I may have popped a few too many but I'll just have to crowd them until males show and I can get them out of there. This should be a fun grow and I've herd that autos are super aggressive growers so it should be exciting as well.

Time to water and check on the lady's, clones, and seedlings...Fiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
                  Morning guys.
                  Pop sorry you are losing the team. It's all about who will build a new stadium now a days. No loyalty to the fans.
                  Fiddy I've grown several autos I got as free perks and they were mostly good the veg time is so short any small issue really matters. Regs you can just recover and grow it out autos don't forgive. The go right on to flower ready or not.
                  I put the diesel girls in my new notill tub last night. I am amazed at the vigorous growth of the desert diesel.twice as big as any thing else started at the same time. I getting them in flower very early because they are going to be monstrous. I hope we like it the og diesel crosses sure are nice.
                  Fiddy did you use any foliar feeds?
                  Sounds like the Larry takes a good feeding. Did you go past half strength on the bloom nutes?
                  Peace
                  Rodehazrd
                  Good evening Rodehazrd.
                  Looking forward to this auto grow. They should finish quick and be a lot of fun to grow. Thanks for the tip on needing to keep them them happy and healthy. I'm going to repot them soon because I've herd they don't like to get root bound. I'll do my best to give them all that they want to be happy.

I haven't foliar feed the Larry's or any other plants yet. Right now I'm giving two teaspoons of tiger bloom per gallon every other watering. Label says 2-3 teaspoons per gallon so close to full strength. Watering every three days again last two times after a couple weeks of water every 2 days. They seem to be using a little less water now that there done stretching. I want to flush soon and then start using budswel with some tiger bloom for the last month.
                  I'll get measurements in a few minuets when I go down to water and feed tonight.

Comment

you mean dress less like a pirate if the raiders move to san diego
                    / im already rocking a swashbucklers look and am known as the terror of the high seas!

lets just say im all about the home team and if san diego got a new football franchise i would totally support that team
                    #fdeanspanos

i lie rhodehazards suggestion of foliar feeding
                    i would start light because depending on how your lights are set up this could cause burn
                    but as long as the water dosent sit too long, its a good way of incorporating moisture into your atmosphere as well as turbo feeding the ladies
                    you keep feeding as usual down below

you may also want to consider some lst on those tall beasts in the back
                    bending them would give you improved air flow and a more even canopy profile

Comment

you mean dress less like a pirate if the raiders move to san diego
                      / im already rocking a swashbucklers look and am known as the terror of the high seas!

lets just say im all about the home team and if san diego got a new football franchise i would totally support that team
                      #fdeanspanos

i lie rhodehazards suggestion of foliar feeding
                      i would start light because depending on how your lights are set up this could cause burn
                      but as long as the water dosent sit too long, its a good way of incorporating moisture into your atmosphere as well as turbo feeding the ladies
                      you keep feeding as usual down below

you may also want to consider some lst on those tall beasts in the back
                      bending them would give you improved air flow and a more even canopy profile
                      Good evening pop_rocks.
                      Keep that eye patch handy. I hope you get a team and some good owner(s). You can be a packer fan if you want but there might not be a lot to cheer about in Green Bay this year we will see.

I will read up on foliar feeding. The lady's seem quite hungry. I think I could feed when lights go out since humidity is so low and there is so much air exchange and movement. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I zip tied the light to the cross member in the tent to raise the light a little but I think I'll try to bend the tops of the Girl Scout down some. I put the Larry's on blocks to get the canopy a little more even.
                      Here is a couple pics.

Comment

Buds are looking nice and chunky.
                        Grows:
                        Ganja Garden (Misc Strains and Grows) -> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=335330
                        Seedsman -> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338606

Video Journals of my grows: GastroGrowers YouTube Channel

Comment

Quick update.

Fed and watered last night and got some pics. I moved the light up by getting rid of the ratchet straps and zip tying the hooks to the cross member in the tent. It gave me about 3 or so inches more room under the light. I put the two Larry's on some blocks that are about 4" tall and have another 3/4" board on top of the blocks. If I tie the Girl Scout down a bit I'll have a pretty nice canopy.
                          The Larry's have grown to 42" and are now the same hight as one another. The GS is 50" and despite being a week younger is the biggest of the three. @rodehazard the Larry's stretched from 16"-18" to 42" which was about what I expected at about 2-1/2 times the hight on day one of 12/12.
                          Here are some not so well taken pics of the lady's. LOG1 on right and LOG2 on left.

And the GS.

The buds are starting to get some smell to them and a little trichome coverage as well. Here are a couple pics.

My plan is to give them a mid flower flush and then incorporate some nice organic budswel and big bloom to help with flavor. I'll keep using the tiger bloom as well.
                          Well that's about it for now. Just having a good time and learning more about these beautiful plants. I hope all is well friends...Fiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GastroGrower View Post
                            Buds are looking nice and chunky.
                            Thanks GG!

Comment

Good looking girls fiddy
                              Is that week 4?
                              Why the flush? They look healthy.
                              Rodehazrd
                              Kindness is Not Canceled

Comment

Will pull a seat up to watch this!
                                #CannavoreDoesntDeserveBanhamm er

Comment

Working...
                                X