Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiddynut's second run - Larry OG

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Diffrent terpens and their affect on your receptors brotha
    TLEAF JOINS IN

    Comment


      Fiddy
      That's some gangster grade root ball you got going there. Should be ready to support some colas.
      Kindness is Not Canceled

      Comment


        Originally posted by tleaf jr. View Post
        Diffrent terpens and their affect on your receptors brotha
        I suspected it was something like that. I have 2 strains going this time so more variety after the next harvest.
        Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
        Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
        Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
        Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
          Fiddy
          That's some gangster grade root ball you got going there. Should be ready to support some colas.
          Thanks Rodehazrd.
          Yep,only 2 weeks in those post and already they are looking for more space. I hope they can go the 2 months of flower without getting too root bound again. I think I've herd that the root growth slows down after the stretch once they start putting everything into making flowers. I hope they like their new pots. They have about 2 or 3 times the soil of the last pots.
          Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
          Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
          Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
          Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

          Comment


            I think you are correct on roots after the switch not growing much. I'm trying to get two weeks of root grow before 12 12 then staying in the same pot after. I don't find much root in the extra soil when up pot right before switch
            Kindness is Not Canceled

            Comment


              Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
              I think you are correct on roots after the switch not growing much. I'm trying to get two weeks of root grow before 12 12 then staying in the same pot after. I don't find much root in the extra soil when up pot right before switch
              Good morning Rodehazrd.
              Looking back on my last grow the roots were not circling the pot like mine are now. I don't remember exactly how long they were transplanted before switching. Last time I went right from the 6" pots to the finishing ones. This time they were not happy in the 6" and weren't ready for the final pots. I went to 10" pots for the 2 weeks in between. So last time the roots had a lot of room to expand going from the little 6" right to the 14". I'm going to do things a little differently next time starting smaller and moving to maybe some 8" pots before going to the 14". That should give them more room on the final pot up and I'll do it a little earlier before flipping to 12/12. I should be able to give them a couple weeks in the big pots before flip next time but this time I have to get them flipped early. They are getting big. They are looking really healthy and happy so I think they will be fine. They have had 3 days of observation under the weaker t5 and don't show any stress so I'm going to move them into the flower tent tonight.
              Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
              Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
              Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
              Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

              Comment


                Update

                Greetings friends.
                Just a quick update tonight. The lady's moved to the flower tent this evening and are starting their first short day. After more than two months the 600w and fans are humming once again. I added a new tower fan and filter for circulation this time around. The plants are bushy and already filling a lot of the available space in there. The girls are about 18" tall and are growing like crazy. I have about 24" of space to rase the light so I'm hoping that they only stretch a little over double their currant size.
                Here is a pic of their new home.


                The plants have been looking great for a few weeks and didn't seem to mind their transplant 3 days ago one bit. It probably would have been ideal to let them get use to their new pots for a few more days before flipping to 12/12 but I'm just too worried about them getting too tall.

                I'm going to have to start feeding them pretty soon and I'm still unsure exactly what the schedule will be and what products to use. I know they will need some nitrogen to get through the stretch and then a good bloom nute. I haven't had to give anything but super light nutes and just a couple times so far in this grow. I under fed my first grow and want to keep my girls green this time around.
                Here is a couple pics of the girls in there new home.
                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                Comment


                  evening fiddy!
                  looks like a lot has happened since i was last stopped by!
                  how are your clones looking
                  they are what, like at least a week or two old now?
                  are they standing upright and the leaves still green?
                  you should have a good idea by now what kind of strike rate to expect and i hope they all take

                  agree with t-leaf, after a while you kind of get used to the same terp profiles and sometimes it helps to change up strains a bit
                  another thing would be to change how you are smoking too
                  sometimes just switching to a different pipe can bring back that spark
                  or try smoking joints for a change of pace

                  hpoe all is well wiht you and your family (that includes rufus too)!
                  got big plans for thanksgiving?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                    evening fiddy!
                    looks like a lot has happened since i was last stopped by!
                    how are your clones looking
                    they are what, like at least a week or two old now?
                    are they standing upright and the leaves still green?
                    you should have a good idea by now what kind of strike rate to expect and i hope they all take

                    agree with t-leaf, after a while you kind of get used to the same terp profiles and sometimes it helps to change up strains a bit
                    another thing would be to change how you are smoking too
                    sometimes just switching to a different pipe can bring back that spark
                    or try smoking joints for a change of pace

                    hpoe all is well wiht you and your family (that includes rufus too)!
                    got big plans for thanksgiving?
                    Good evening pop_rocks.
                    Clones are looking pretty much like they did 9 days ago. They have some droop but aren't laying over against the side of the cups or anything. They are still nice and green too. If they were more upright I'd be happier but the fact that they still look like they did when I took them gives me hope that they aren't dyeing or anything. I'm going to let them chill for a few more days then see if they can handle getting some more air. It's looking kind of lonely in there with just the tray and dome and no moms.

                    I've always noticed that variety is a good thing when it comes to smoking. Anytime I've been stuck with one strain for too long it's a noticeable difference when I smoke something different. I like your thoughts about switching up the pipes and joints. In fact I may have to bust out my dry herb vaporizer and full some bags soon. I haven't used it in a couple years and it would make for a good change up.

                    Rufus is doing great and is spunky as ever.
                    Spending thanksgiving with family just taking it easy and will probably watch some football and over eat.
                    I hope you have a great Holliday and get a bike ride in if you have time.
                    Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                    Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                    Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                    Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                    Comment


                      Hey Guys
                      happy thanksgiving
                      Sounds like fiddy may have a stellar first clone .
                      If they are warm and damp 10 days does it for headband. You should be seeing roots soon.
                      You may not be ready to do this but I just grab the.clone by the top, about day 10 and if the plug comes out I it's good if the clone comes out no roots it's not a good one and just discard it. Sometimes they may root slower and survive but I only want vigorous cuts. A puny seed could be the most interesting in the batch but weak clones not worth the space. Small personal growers like us have room only for A++ starts and strains.
                      Kindness is Not Canceled

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
                        Hey Guys
                        happy thanksgiving
                        Sounds like fiddy may have a stellar first clone .
                        If they are warm and damp 10 days does it for headband. You should be seeing roots soon.
                        You may not be ready to do this but I just grab the.clone by the top, about day 10 and if the plug comes out I it's good if the clone comes out no roots it's not a good one and just discard it. Sometimes they may root slower and survive but I only want vigorous cuts. A puny seed could be the most interesting in the batch but weak clones not worth the space. Small personal growers like us have room only for A++ starts and strains.
                        Good morning Rodehazrd.
                        I hope your thanksgiving was great.
                        The cuttings are 11 days old now and still nice and green. They seem no more or less perky than on day one. I haven't opened the vents yet or done anything other than a couple spritzes of water here and there. I'm going to give them a couple more days in their bubble and then pull the dome off when I can check them often. They seem to be happy in the dome, maybe too happy. I've read that they need to dry out a little to help force them to root.

                        The moms are looking great and growing a lot. They seem to be digging the 600w. They will need water tonight so I'll probably get some pics and put up an update.
                        Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                        Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                        Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                        Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                        Comment


                          totally agree with rhodehazard about weak clones
                          sometimes they will catch up but why bother
                          as long as its not a last of type thing, just chuck the duds and cut new ones if needed
                          this is a good reason to take a few extras cuts every time
                          that way you can take only the best ones and let the others go

                          so how was your thanksgiving guys?
                          smoked turkey seemed to be on a lot of menus
                          the night before, i could smell the air perfumed with the scent of turkeys being smoked
                          mrs chicky and i went to a friends house who deep fries his
                          we brought a bunch of sides as well as chickys home made cranberry sauce (my buddy likes it so much he would eat it by spoon out of the jar!)
                          he also fried a turkey for us to take home and i have the bones and stuff simmering on the stove top right now

                          keep it up fiddy and looking fore ward to the next update

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                            totally agree with rhodehazard about weak clones
                            sometimes they will catch up but why bother
                            as long as its not a last of type thing, just chuck the duds and cut new ones if needed
                            this is a good reason to take a few extras cuts every time
                            that way you can take only the best ones and let the others go

                            so how was your thanksgiving guys?
                            smoked turkey seemed to be on a lot of menus
                            the night before, i could smell the air perfumed with the scent of turkeys being smoked
                            mrs chicky and i went to a friends house who deep fries his
                            we brought a bunch of sides as well as chickys home made cranberry sauce (my buddy likes it so much he would eat it by spoon out of the jar!)
                            he also fried a turkey for us to take home and i have the bones and stuff simmering on the stove top right now

                            keep it up fiddy and looking fore ward to the next update
                            Good afternoon pop_rocks.
                            I'm thinking I'll pull the dome off on Sunday when I'm around to check on them frequently. Even if I have some week ones I'm just getting some experience and maybe they will pull through. I'm not planning on growing them out for a few months anyway so I'll probably be growing out cuttings of these cuttings by the time I know if any of them are any good. I'll be growing from seed on the next run and will get another chance to practice taking cuttings on those. I really want to get a good system down and some practice rather than relying on cloning to keep my tents full. I've gotten some experience on these and also learned that I shouldn't make too many decisions based on a schedule of taking cuttings but should let plant health determine when is the right time to take them. This time I think I was so focused on a schedule to get cuttings that I took them when the plants were still recovering from some droopiness. It's a technique I need to learn and get comfortable with but that will come with practice. More important for me is to focus on keeping the girls happy and healthy and keep the tents full and keep learning.

                            Thanksgiving was good for me. I hung out with family and ate a shit load of food. My uncle does a bird on the charcoal grill and it always turns out great. I made and brought the mashed potatoes. I kept them pretty classic with just a little garlic and thyme and a lot of cream and butter. I always fill up on stiffing potatoes corn casserole green bean casserole ect.

                            I like the trend of smoking turkey. I've always found turkey to be pretty bland and a little smoke really helps bring the flavor out. Oddly enough I've never deep fried one. I have a turkey firer that I use for doing fried chicken in during the warmer months. I hate do deep fry indoors my house smells like a fast food restaurant for days after.

                            My wife always makes a cranberry dish as well. I think it has cool whip and nuts in it kind of like a Waldorf salad or something similar. The acid in the cranberries goes nice with all the rich sides and what not.
                            You still making a bean soup with the turkey stock your making? Something warm like that sounds great today when it's cold and rainy.
                            Pics and update tonight after lights on and watering.
                            Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                            Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                            Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                            Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                            Comment


                              yeah man, im making the white bean soup with some of that stock
                              so far, everything smells great
                              my buddy deep fries the turkey on his back porch
                              that cranberry dish your wife makes sounds rad!
                              mrs chicky just makes fresh sauce from raw berries that she simmers on the stove with some sugar and stuff in it
                              its great fun when everyone can chip in something and share
                              so did you guys get to take home any leftovers

                              its still kind of nice here, our nights get cold ( 50's) but teh days are still in the 70's
                              we kind of slept in this morning and didnt hit the trails until like 9ish, but it was still kind of cold in some of the valleys
                              we had a light rain a few days ago so the dirt was still super tacky

                              def let the plant guide you throughout the grow

                              i kind of have time frames i like to stick to but nothing is set in stone.
                              /just like harvest times,i think of it more as windows of time to work in, not set dates

                              for sure the top priority is keeping those lights on and you took a big step already this grow when you took your first cuts.
                              it sounds like they clones are doing good so lets still hope for the best
                              as long as they are green and plump,they are prob ok

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                                yeah man, im making the white bean soup with some of that stock
                                so far, everything smells great
                                my buddy deep fries the turkey on his back porch
                                that cranberry dish your wife makes sounds rad!
                                mrs chicky just makes fresh sauce from raw berries that she simmers on the stove with some sugar and stuff in it
                                its great fun when everyone can chip in something and share
                                so did you guys get to take home any leftovers

                                its still kind of nice here, our nights get cold ( 50's) but teh days are still in the 70's
                                we kind of slept in this morning and didnt hit the trails until like 9ish, but it was still kind of cold in some of the valleys
                                we had a light rain a few days ago so the dirt was still super tacky

                                def let the plant guide you throughout the grow

                                i kind of have time frames i like to stick to but nothing is set in stone.
                                /just like harvest times,i think of it more as windows of time to work in, not set dates

                                for sure the top priority is keeping those lights on and you took a big step already this grow when you took your first cuts.
                                it sounds like they clones are doing good so lets still hope for the best
                                as long as they are green and plump,they are prob ok
                                Sounds great pop_rocks.
                                I love a nice warm bowl of soup when it gets cold outside.
                                Deep frying outside is the way to go. Way less cleanup and your house doesn't stink like a McDonalds. Gotta be carful though, every year we here about somebody starting their deck on fire with the fryer or burning the shit out of themselves.
                                I like the sound of that home made cranberry sauce. It's gotta be way better than the stuff out of a can. The canned stuff is always too sweet for my taste and by making it yourself it would be a good way to control that.
                                I agree that there is something special about a meal where everyone brings something. You get exposed to new things and it takes some pressure off the ones hosting the meal. I took a bunch of food home yesterday and had a big bowl of mashed, stuffing and turkey with gravy for a late meal.

                                Sounds like you have some prime bike ridding weather right now. I use to love the late fall in NorCal for riding motocross when it wasn't so dusty and the tracks got tacky and it seemed like your bike was on rails.

                                I like the idea of letting the plant guide me. I was getting a little caught up in schedules and I noticed it was affecting my decisions a bit. I need to keep this fun and keep learning. I was getting too worried about when I would get enough nodes and what not. I like the idea of windows instead of schedules a lot. Like you said keeping the lights on and learning what the plants want has to be #1 priority. Learning to clone will come with practice and experience. Just learning how to manage two tents is something new this grow and will be more important on the next run. I'll have to estimate when to start the next seeds so they will be vegged and ready once I harvest what's in the flower tent now. That probably means getting seeds popped in a couple weeks or so.
                                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X