What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Plays With LED's...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I use THIS for nutrient. Cost me 30 cents a gallon for a more complete nutrient, then 90% of them out there. Also use a bloom booster, Pure Flowers...

Still harvesting my last grow of 6 lights. So far I got 7 lbs of tops. The rest go to extraction, maybe another 2-3 lbs of larf...

Results speak for themselves, you can see the bud pics on my social media...

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Jumping aboard guy! I love LED's.

Can you use that nutrient straight through like Maxibloom, K.I.S.S?

Thanks!, and I love the rooting hormone thread! It's what I use!

krunchbubble

Veteran
Jumping aboard guy! I love LED's.

Can you use that nutrient straight through like Maxibloom, K.I.S.S?

Thanks!, and I love the rooting hormone thread! It's what I use!

Thanks..

I use it from clone to harvest, same strength...

mack 10

Veteran
Looking good Crunch,
how much did those led units cost ya?

Will be cool to see if they (leds) are finally ready for the hardened HPS grower to finally switch. Price still needs to come down though.
Plants looking nice an stocky so far.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Healthy lookin ladies the dyna gro is definitely keeping them happy, i have used their neem product pretty good stuff. Will there be a trellis added or not, training looks awesome :tiphat:

krunchbubble

Veteran
Im NOT into these games that nutrient companies play. After AN raised their Jungle Juice price 40% a few months ago, I had to change things up. I was paying $170 for 18 gallons of base....

EVERY major nutrient company uses the same base nutrients, but YOU PAY for HOW they market it to you...

Want to grow plants? Here is 14 bottles to make sure they grow fine!

Its all the same shit, and YOUR paying for the shipping of water...

Ive ALWAYS had killer results with JUST BASE and sometimes a booster. Back in the day, there were no boosters....

So ya, thats why I use what I use. Dont give into the hype...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I like to keep it simple too...the prob with led units is to adjust lighting you have to move several lights instead of one and the prices are still a bit high...their great for a small tent grower .....yeehaw...this new setup has possibilities tho...still would like to know the units price???...using under 1k watts in a 5x5 is efficient...assuming those are really using 320 per

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks..

I use it from clone to harvest, same strength...

Ok, sweet. What is your target ppm, eC? Or how much Dyna-Gro to a gallon of water?

Thanks

I have found that buds underneath an LED will be a tad frostier than under an HPS. I ran them both together in a 4 x4 tent, now I do CDM and LED lighting together.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like to keep it simple too...the prob with led units is to adjust lighting you have to move several lights instead of one and the prices are still a bit high...their great for a small tent grower .....yeehaw...this new setup has possibilities tho...still would like to know the units price???...using under 1k watts in a 5x5 is efficient...assuming those are really using 320 per

The power of them is changing it seems.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=318944

The 640 watt and the next step up from that make them power houses. I really want to do a grow with the higher powered ones to test in comparison to 1k watts. This thread will be good for seeing quality but not how the powerful ones penetrate and plants grow under them. I am guessing the quality will be good from these but as far as pricing I am sure we are all just waiting for that empty sinking feeling when we see the sticker price, heh.

If I can somehow get my hands on a few of these in the next 2-3 months I will post a good grow show for everyone. I am seriously considering replacing my entire light stock with these because the heat differences are so substantial and it sounds like the power has finally arrived. I was dead set on CMH, but I think we should all be watching these VERY carefully and asking all the pertinent questions we can.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Ok, sweet. What is your target ppm, eC? Or how much Dyna-Gro to a gallon of water?

Thanks

I have found that buds underneath an LED will be a tad frostier than under an HPS. I ran them both together in a 4 x4 tent, now I do CDM and LED lighting together.

800-1000 ppm's @ 5mls per gallon..

1 Gallon of the Foliage Pro costs $50 from amazon, makes 1500 gallons of ready to use nutrient...

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
im subbed

->IC MAG: I dont think theres a price on these yet
krunch is field testing these units for us as well as starlight?

if so...

thanks alex , for supplyin us a great member
with great pics and stories with these most interesting lights

krunchbubble

Veteran
i mean been running DE units for some time Nano's and pulling over 3 pounds dry consistent
and have not seen a cob grow do that yet so its apples n oranges untll we see more grows cause whats happening now is someone growing with 400 watt cob getting 500 - 550 grams calling it the HID killer lol

Deo Farms on IG Running Spectrum Kings...

These guys did a DE vs LED commercial grow using BML SPYDR 1200. Almost 2.5 lbs per light of GSC using LED's...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gdoTO3_kw

^Starlite was testing out their lights vs the SPYDR when I was there. The SPYDR was just cheap China parts...

Many, many grows out there, just need to look. I researched for 50+ hours on LED's and decided it was just about time to try em...

And lets not forget the 75% reduction in heat, which reduces overall operation costs by a ton...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And lets not forget the 75% reduction in heat, which reduces overall operation costs by a ton...

Not to mention crop failure reduction by a huge amount for the hydro nuts. Makes controlling environment so fucking easy. I really hope the 640's and stronger are up to par.