What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

chomsky

OK my first real report. I hope I have the stamina to keep it going. Here the scoop. DNA Lemon Skunk under Kind LED (I know its crap) Just to get started. A friend gave me this so Im just going to use it till I get the light I ordered. Any tips or pointers welcome

These are at about ten days from seed...

BML Horticulture Spydr X Plus 1200.... It should be here in a week or 10 days. Im Using VEgematrix line of nutes along with Azos, Mykos GH rapid start and OG Tea. A few Earth Juice products if needed.

Im going to SCROG these girls

Last edited:

chomsky

I have such a love hate relationship starting from seed. As always it seems, little bitty seedlings have a tough time with intense light. they basically look good but I think I may have had the light a bit close. The first few leaves are tacoing a bit but Im certain as the new growth pops up they will start looking nice and healthy. Im definitely going to take a few cuttings out of this grow and start a healthy mother. Im going to start using a flash to avoid these terrible LED colors too...

Last edited:

chomsky

Some new pics

Some new pics

OK so this is my grow room and the girls are about 15 days from seed. I just topped the two on the left, I'll prolly top the two on the right this afternoon or in the morning. Need a little more growth... Im using Co2 this time so I have sealed my room as well as I can at this point. Its not air tight but I think its tight enough (just like my girl) Ha ha... Got rid of the cheap LED's I was using and am vegging under Eyehortilux blue 600 watt till my Spydr X Plus arrives. Hopefully in a week or so. Im going to repot in 7 gallon pots for the flip then its all LED and Co2 Baby... The water on the right is condensation dripping from the mylar, the room is sitting perfectly at 82 degrees and 65% RH... Anyway, here ya go...

OH, By the way, Mikell on the way back from the store with my bag of caulking and spray foam in hand, I slipped on the ice and it all exploded on a mercedes that was parked next to my car, so I didn't end up using it...

Last edited:

iTarzan

Chomsky they are as nice of seedlings that anyone has ever posted on here. Real nice start.

A friend grow these seeds out one year. He ordered as many of the strains he saw listed in High Times article Top Ten Strains of the Year in 2009 I think. He had 6 feminized seeds. They all grew and they all looked the same. Very uniform plants.

They are short plants but get fat tops and yield great. He SOGs them under a 400w MH. They clone super easy and smoke very nice. Easy 8 in potency.

chomsky

Chomsky they are as nice of seedlings that anyone has ever posted on here. Real nice start.

A friend grow these seeds out one year. He ordered as many of the strains he saw listed in High Times article Top Ten Strains of the Year in 2009 I think. He had 6 feminized seeds. They all grew and they all looked the same. Very uniform plants.

They are short plants but get fat tops and yield great. He SOGs them under a 400w MH. They clone super easy and smoke very nice. Easy 8 in potency.

Wow, thanks for the compliment, Yes this strain grows great and its pretty easy to manage. I grew a batch a few grows back. I think Im going to make a mother out of this one to keep it going. This grow Im doing a scrog too...

chomsky

looking healthy, and would love that grow space you have, very nice :)

Thanks for that too.... Its definitely come along... Its 10x6 with a seven foot ceiling (perfect for a great scrog). I still plan to actually put up insulation board on the walls behind the mylar and build an insulated wall with an entry door. The part you dont see is the entry is a big tarp stapled and duct taped tight with a zipper for entry. It works well but asap I want an actual wall.

chomsky

How is the DNA Lemon Skunk different from the Greenhouse Lemon Skunk?

No idea I have never grown Greenhouse seeds. w w w . e n . s e e d f i n d e r . e u is a good reference for different seeds and strains. take the spaces out of the link. For some reason it wouldnt let me put the link on without astrixing it out???

guanito

Hihi Choms,

Seedlings look great.
lemon skunk's my fav!
I grow everything from seed.
just finished some LS but getting used to this coco thing and will do some more next run - love it - and so easy.
I veg to four nodes before pinching.
usually four to five weeks from seed.
first couple of weeks is touchy - until they get hardened off.

++

:tiphat:

chomsky

Hihi Choms,

Seedlings look great.
lemon skunk's my fav!
I grow everything from seed.
just finished some LS but getting used to this coco thing and will do some more next run - love it - and so easy.
I veg to four nodes before pinching.
usually four to five weeks from seed.
first couple of weeks is touchy - until they get hardened off.

++

:tiphat:
What about coco are you getting used to? I'm new to coco also. I notice at least at this point it holds water for a really long time.

doob

I use coco, I use 6.5l pots, temps 23-25 and i feed daily other than after transplant. They love fresh oxygen, so keep feed temp 18-20degC, if you have root system you good. Use rhizotonic, roots thick and fast. Sometimes I only need to feed a litre because its moist, they love fresh oxygen and nutes, if it dries ph drops and nute lock out. Keep it 6.0-6.2ph

The people who yield most feed up to 8 times a day when lights on ;)

guanito

yeah - even though it doesn't dry out like soil it's the frequency of watering that's important. In the coco thread most of these guys "water to waste", or "drip to waste" several times a day. I'm mixing with perlite to help drain better - a little worm castings, dolomite lyme, guano, etc, and then lining the bottom of the smart pot with hydroton, grow rocks, and perlite, to make a hempy pot of sorts. I only water once a day. You need extra cal-mag w/coco, also liquid kharma, sweet, drop or two of super thrive.

my temps depend on ambient so we're running cold now around 73f - 68f.
just a lowly box grower here so nothing fancy.

chomsky

yeah - even though it doesn't dry out like soil it's the frequency of watering that's important. In the coco thread most of these guys "water to waste", or "drip to waste" several times a day. I'm mixing with perlite to help drain better - a little worm castings, dolomite lyme, guano, etc, and then lining the bottom of the smart pot with hydroton, grow rocks, and perlite, to make a hempy pot of sorts. I only water once a day. You need extra cal-mag w/coco, also liquid kharma, sweet, drop or two of super thrive.

my temps depend on ambient so we're running cold now around 73f - 68f.
just a lowly box grower here so nothing fancy.

I hate asking this but what exactly is drain to waste? In soil I wait till the soil is about dry. I shouldnt do this with coco? Why? My pots will be constantly soaked heavy with water if I feed or water daily. Wont I risk over watering the plants?

chomsky

Girls looking really good, I trimmed up the bottom a bit and you can see the new growth after topping coming in real nice. My Spydr Plus X is coming in today. Im going to get that set up along with getting Co2 Started. I spoke with the "plant biologist" at BML and they recommend using Co2 through the entire grow because of the intense PAR penetration, in veg Im going to run it a bit low like 600 PPM to save Cos and raise the light a bit higher than recommended. Ill watch the plants and let them tell me what they need as I go... One of the girls is growing a bit faster (bottom left) so I super cropped her stem in a couple spots. Hopefully, that'll allow the others to catch up a bit.

chomsky

Got the Spydr X Plus... It's really nice. I have it extra high, 3 feet above canopy just to let the plants adjust to the intense PAR. I will lower gradually to only 6 inches above canopy which is recommended by BML when running C02. Ill also watch what the plants are saying...

DJXX

Veteran
sweet am in on this one....take that HPS peeps...you won't even be able to buy HID in the future...like it or not LED is the way of the future...better nugs, better trichage and better yield....i get 20 more concentrates too...what else can a grower ask for...not hear say either...i have done it...and the kicker is, you save mega on cooling and the elec bill..DJXX